Uncharted 4

MAG Beta Test for Qore Subscribers Launching Thursday

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Sep 14, 2009 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Here’s an update about the status of the MAG Public Beta email vouchers. The first wave of voucher codes for the MAG Beta will be e-mailed to all current Qore subscribers beginning today and continuing over the next few days. Follow the instructions so that you’ll be ready to download the Beta and jump in when the test starts this Thursday, September 17. The email subject line will be:

“You’re in: Welcome to the MAG Beta”

And, the email voucher will look like this:

Qore MAG Beta

Remember, you only have 4 days left to get in on the action as the Public Beta entry deadline for Qore subscribers is this Thursday, September 17. Please allow at least 5 business days for delivery once you subscribe.

Qore subscribers will have access to the MAG Beta Test from September 17 through November 8. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 10am-1pm and 5-8pm Pacific (PDT).

Once again, here are the eligibility requirements:

• The Qore MAG Beta offer is open to Qore subscribers only, not to single episode purchasers.
  • All Beta invitations are restricted to persons 18 years and older.
  • We must have your current, valid e-mail address on file.
  • You must be opted in to receiving communications from PlayStation.
  • Vouchers will be sent to the e-mail associated with the PSN account that purchased the Qore subscription, not to any sub-accounts.

You can update your e-mail address and check your notification preferences via your profile on PS.com or on the PS3 itself under Account Management/Account Information. Be sure that you have “opted in” to receive our communications.

We hope you enjoy the MAG Beta, and don’t forget to leave your feedback at Beta Central by following the instructions in the voucher e-mail. As this is a Beta is a work-in-progress and not representative of the final game, your input is vital.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14

+ theforgetter on September 14th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

If I was apart of the private beta, will I be able to do the public beta even if I’m not a Qore subscriber??

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Private beta folks should be able to rejoin the Public when it starts up on the17th.

+ NeoHumpty on September 14th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Wow. This will be my first beta. You’d think after 25 years of gaming experience I’d have pulled this off somehow earlier. lol. Thanks!!

+ PAPO1990 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

well this is super unfair for anyone outside the US, why do you hate everyone in the Europe regions SONY???

+ Netweb on September 14th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

If any of you see Netweb… please close your eyes and stay at home.. PlayStation Home.. xD

+ BILLYGOLDEN78 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

will Uncharted on the 3.00 firmware also be launching anytime soon???? anytime???? anyone???? hello????

+ DZORMAGEN on September 14th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Whoever wants a code, email me, and we can talk about it. [DELETED] I will get one since I am a Qore subscriber. Title it M.A.G. Beta, and we can work some sort of deal.

+ cowboyd21 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

@ 46 have you played MAG ? that a no right ? look stop wasting your time and caps to judged a game that you never played also modern warfare 2 is not out yet so how you can compair two games that you never played . stop hateing people who will played MAG , stop complain that you unable to be in mag , lol this is really sad i almost fell sorry for you. please do not come back and say you already played MAG because if you did you would had put it on your first post.

+ starBlinky01 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

holy crap the beta lasts until november?? Probably the longest beta ever, for ps3 at least.

I think that gives me more confidence you guys can fix the things I am not happy with right now.

Also will we ever get to play 256 player games in the beta?

+ janizo on September 14th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

sorry but i don’t really understand where you have to subscribe or does being here mean i’m already subscribed?????

+ theBedBurner on September 14th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

The Sept. 2009 episode was the finally episode to my annual subscription, Do I still get in the beta?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

If you received Sept as your last episode, you\’ll still receive a voucher. We hope you\’re renew for another year as we hope to bring you more exclusive stuff throughout the next year.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 17th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

The good news is that your name was on the list of Qore subscribers, and you were recently sent a voucher. The bad news is that your email is invalid or you have opted out of communications from SCEA, so the voucher could not be delivered.

Please contact SCEA Consumer Services at: http://www.us.playstation.com/support
    Click on the “Contact Customer Services” tab at the top of the page. On the email screen, select “PlayStation Network” as the Product and “Voucher Codes” as the Topic. Once Customer Services receives your inquiry, they will reply and supply your voucher code.

+ cowboyd21 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

i can’t wait to play the mag beta . @ 55 you should call sony for that question and not post your question here , this topic is about the MAG beta.

+ harlemzkid on September 14th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

cool

+ Eazy1 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

sweetness can’t wait

+ Terror_Twist on September 14th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Kevin Furuichi HELP ME PLEASE SIR!

Who do I talk to about this big problem I need solved. I heard the news from everywhere and every one that if I subscribe to Qore before the 17th I will get into the MAG beta. So I did just that but when I came across this site after I had bought Qore it said that you need to be 18 or older to get the beta. The thing is I am 18 years old the only problem is the account that I bought Qore with was my brothers account wich was less then 18 years old. So will I get the beta code on my master account instead of the one I bought Qore on or will I not get it at all now? If I will not get the beta now who could I contact to get this problem solved is their a phone number or something? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much for you time sir.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

You can try the main CS number
    800-345-7669

+ twooh on September 14th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

I hope this beta testing serves a purpose before its release. Unlike the socom beta. lol

That game just got out of beta a bit ago. lmao

+ hibachiZX on September 14th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

hey, in the notifications box, theres 2 things that i can check off:

-Yes, I’m interested in receiving marketing materials from SCE.

-Yes, I agree to allow SCE to share my personal information with SCE’s partners for marketing purposes.

is the latter necessary to check, since i imagine this is SCE sending these codes, or just check off the first one?? thanks!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

The first one is just us.

+ SigmaBlade on September 14th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

@Kevin Furuichi

Please answer this question real quick because no one’s answered it yet. If September is that last episode of Qore, do I have to re-subscribe again to get in the beta? Please and thank you! Can’t wait.

+ williamagain on September 14th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Ok check this out. I subscribed a year ago this month. So my Qore expires this month. There is nowhere on the Playstation Store to renew. Will I still be included in the beta?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

If you\’ve got a Sept episode of Qore, then you\’ll get a voucher. We hope you\’ll consider renewing next month.

+ xeno3d on September 14th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait. I just hope I get a code. I have been a subscriber of Qore since Sept 2008 but can’t find a way to renew.

+ NCI_R on September 14th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS
*******************************************
I’ve contacted customer service but didn’t find the answer they say you should subscribe again ..no beta?
*******************************************

my QORE subscription (started at Sep 08 – ends on Sep 09)

*******************************************

still my subscription is runing if I search for Qore Annual Sep 2009
I see it but I can not select it says this item cannot be purchased at this time!!! because this annual subscription gives me from Sep 2009 which i currently got it ? so why I won’t get the MAG beta and also cannot renew my subscription ?? there must be a problem here

+ Dave702 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Is MAG beta only for U.S?

Just wondering

+ Paperboy48 on September 14th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

i got a huge boner from this.

+ xDeathReaperx_2 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Hey, all.

Just would like to say..

See you there!

I was invited in the 2nd Wave of the BETA around a month ago

Hope you guy’s enjoy the BETA!

Can’t wait to play!

-xDRx

+ inuyasha5400 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

i subscribed to qore about august 28 and i won the twitter mag contest, will i still get a beta code for MAG due being subscribed to qore?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 17th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

You are not subscribed to Qore under this PSN ID, but under another PSN account. You should have received a MAG Beta code for your Qore subscription via the email associated with that PSN ID. If you have not, please contact customer service.

+ xDeathReaperx_2 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Edit: Oh and yes, If you obtained a BETA Code already (September 14th) you will be already bumped up and be playing with the QORE Subscriber’s.

Enjoy!

+ CulebraSolida on September 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

so I have to pay $24.99 for an annual subscription to apply for the beta? (other than the basic info. stuff)

+ TwiztedR3DHead on September 14th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Nice

+ TC4SPAZINOUT on September 14th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

im not gonna pay for qore.. so im not gonna play the beta and i have the cash.. sicken me that they need fist fulls of cash to let you play in a beta shame on sony

+ Gringo234 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I’m in but I wont be able to play until October if the beta is still active by then that is.

+ SgtBucky on September 14th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

um just a question but lets say i get my beta code does it have to be put in the day the beta starts or can i put it in whenever cuz im going on vacation on wednesday coming back tuesday so please answer this if you know

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

The voucher code will NOT work until the beta goes live on Sept 17. Your code will still be good when you come back from vacation and join the beta program.

+ R-A-K-S-O on September 14th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

gg

+ SgtBucky on September 14th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

also do u have to live in us to get this beta cuz i live in canada would i be able to get into the beta?

+ D34DL1N3R on September 14th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

Who gives a rats you know what!

Instead of this garbage, how about filling the consumer in on what point Sony is at on fixing the 3.0 firmware issues?

We deserve a time frame.

+ Black_Ryuk on September 14th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

So it last until November…and doesn’t game stop give codes out for a beta later that month….if so who will be in it

+ SJdistruction205 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

thanks for the reply Kevin

+ Android66 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

@68, 69, 70:

Subscriptions to Qore are for 13 episodes, right? So, if you subscribed in Sept 08, your subscription is valid through Sept 09. In October, you will have the option to renew. If they let you renew right now (Sept 09-Sept 10), your sub would overlap. That’s why customer service told me we can’t renew until the month after our last episode. HTH.

Anyway, since you were a Qore subscriber this month, Sept 09, you should be able to receive a Beta code. Unless you changed email addresses or are too young or something. Wait until Thursday. If you don’t get it by then, I’d contact customer service and tell them what you told us here.

+ SilverPR on September 14th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Be patient people, I haven’t received mine and I subscribe like the 2nd month Quore was running and renew last month. I’m in no hurry… get a grip!!!!

+ Pelt_Hunter on September 14th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Are people that were in the original closed beta automatically going to be in this one? If not that’s a big slap in the face to the loyal people who were helping this game be the best it could before it could even be labeled “stable”. Let’s hope all of us current beta members are sent an email invitation and a thank you for being there since the beginning. Or do I really have to subscribe to a year of QORE to secure my spot.. No flippin’ way..

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on September 14th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

As mentioned earlier, Private Beta participants are included in the Public beta.

+ ndfan103 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

what if your account is not registered as 18 years of age or older?

+ Sekoku on September 14th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

I couldn’t care since the UNCHARTED 2 DEMO IS UP IN EUROPE YET SCEA IS SITTING ON ITS ASS NOT UPDATING IT FOR THOSE OF US IN THE US.

ARGH.

+ poweredbyzen on September 14th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

got the code weeeeeks ago – but can’t wait for phase two! got MAG-addiction!

+ KILLZONE79 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

um i didnt recieve MAG beta voucher
and i have been a Qore subscriber since last year and i opted in to recive playstation communication and a valid email address

+ TheJoker511 on September 14th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

i seem to be having some trouble resubscribing to qore mine ended this month i got on the store last week and it was there for me to do it. so i was going to get the next day and it wasnt there and it hasnt been back up since. i dont uderstand how it could be there one day then gone. how do i subscribe if its not in the store??

+ taylordtriplett on September 14th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

i cant wait

+ stri on September 14th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

@ Kevin Furuichi:

I’ve been entered into the beta for some time now, however; I have yet to really play properly.

I’m wondering if you could help…here’s the issue:

When I log on, I was disconnected often at first and my isp’s connection is pristine and working with everything else.

Now, for the last couple of weeks…I cannot even get a server connection.
It keeps saying “server not available.”

What should I do?
I really want to participate.

Is this something common because of frequent updates?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

+ XgargunoX on September 14th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Yes!! Can’t wait for this game!! S.V.E.R.!!!

+ bludragonflie on September 14th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

@95 to my understanding they closed the sever till the Qore release, that would by why your connection isn’t going through now but for before, have you tried to reset up your connection through the setting on youe ps3, i’ve had to do that with a couple games before it would work

+ SHINSPIKES on September 14th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Hey Kevin,

For those of us who got beta keys from PAX, do the rules above apply to us, like havin to be 18 or older?

+ Berae on September 14th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

For the 4th times lol I cant renew my subscription and its nowhere in the store

Help me please i wanna try MAG

+ DevilDawg90 on September 14th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

This month of Qore was the last in my subscription, will I have to renew to get into the Beta? Some help please….

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14