PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 14

Sep 14

PS3 Firmware Update (v3.01) now available

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

Hi everyone, PS3 system software update 3.01 is now available for download. This is an optional update that improves system stability during use of some PlayStation 3 format software.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 20

daddyfix said:

September 14th, 10:33 pm

I am having the same problems not being able to load some games.

My wife thinks I am weird when playing RockBand Beatles WITHOUT the game running on my PS3.

I have been playing/singing “HELP” on my RB Guitar.

AthrenZ said:

September 14th, 10:34 pm

@45
Lone stranger, dude I think you blu-ray drive is shot, happened to my ps3 a few months back, you’re most likely gonna have to send it in for repairs, hope it’s still under warranty

xKOROSHIYAx said:

September 14th, 10:38 pm

Come on Eric! You really need to give more details in the firmware update posts. We shouldn’t have to ask if this update fixed the Uncharted bug. This type of stuff should be stated in the original post, not waiting until someone asks.

LoneStranger said:

September 14th, 10:39 pm

51 – There have been lots of other people who have had these issues after they’ve installed the update. I really don’t think it’s the physical drive.

daddyfix said:

September 14th, 10:40 pm

But my BRay was working before the update. Does that sound normal? Did anyone else have that problem?

Anyways, I bought it in November… Hope its still covered.

agentxray said:

September 14th, 10:40 pm

…And there was much sadness.

I was borked by the 3.00 firmware so I had high hopes.

I downloaded and installed the 3.01 firmware patch with no issues. Rebooted the PS3. I loaded Beatles Rockband and played for about ten minutes before it froze up again. After rebooting, I could not get the game to start.

Further testing reveals that:
1) DVD movies play back OK
2) PS2 games (on DVD) play fine.
3) Downloaded content seems to work OK
4) PS3 does not recognize bluRay discs as a valid format.

I tried to load both ps3 games on bluRay as well as two seperate bluRay videos I have. None of these discs is recognized by the PS3.

Total bummer.

yabloracer said:

September 14th, 10:42 pm

Will this update take care of the internet and playstation network connection issues that I have been having since I updated to 3.0? And if so, how do I install it? I don’t have an internet connection that works on my PS3 since the update and 3.01 is not available on the playstation.com website for a PC download yet.

daddyfix said:

September 14th, 10:43 pm

@55

You’re lucky, your played it for 10 minutes. All I got was a blank screen :(

Dukwtfiam said:

September 14th, 10:45 pm

Still no sound in Saints Row 2, and Flock. Both of which worked fine prior to 3.0

SilverPR said:

September 14th, 10:45 pm

that’s all…. gone to sleep

DemonoidPlasma said:

September 14th, 10:47 pm

I too had Blu ray reading problems after the update. PS2 games and DVD’s read fine.
My Ps3 however is with Sony at the moment so I can’t try the Fix

Lets see if it comes back with 3.01 installed and a NFA. No fault apparent.

daddyfix said:

September 14th, 10:48 pm

It would be real nice if I could bring my PS3 back to the store where I bought it and exchange it for an other while Sony figures out what went wrong.

This is very frustrating for a users point of view.

Hello, Sony? Did you hear that?

AthrenZ said:

September 14th, 10:49 pm

@54
Well it may or may not be because of the update just figured I’d let you know since I’ve gone through something similar and had to get it repaired.

LoneStranger said:

September 14th, 10:51 pm

57 – That’s exactly what I got when I first put Beatles in the drive. A big fat blank screen.

SpiritThief said:

September 14th, 10:58 pm

My Uncharted has been fine. I’ve gone thru hard and crushing mode after 3.0.

Most people just got the game after it went greatest hits and I bet the Greatest hits version is what was wrong either that or the same old freezes issues that have been there forever now.

favian said:

September 14th, 11:00 pm

Excellent Uncharted works now. System doesnt freeze when i load my saved game anymore. Good Job Sony.

* Now please make the inbox/outbox of PSN messaging more logical (Organize all messages in descending order by time received/sent).

* Add PSN friends list/messaging to PSP. Add T9 functionality for inputting text on the PSP. (similar to the PS3) when phone keypad mode is used as text entry layout.

* Add the ability to ‘install all pending items’ on ps3 (rather than clicking install on each individual item).

* Last but not least i’d like to be able to transfer mp3s, photos, or video files directly to friends, it would be nice to have file transfers as a feature.

* You want to cultivate the PSN community, you can start by increasing the utility of the PS3. Sharing media is one of the best ways to do this.

* From a marketing standpoint, you need to make it clear that people don’t need the media card readers since most people can plug in their camera directly to the ps3 via USB in order to import photos.

bye

xBarbarian said:

September 14th, 11:01 pm

that was fast – thank you.

but still: large fonts, primitive gray boxes – what about that?

DJfrod said:

September 14th, 11:03 pm

My PS3 still doesn’t read discs. WHAT THE FIICK?

TENZA_ZANGETSU- said:

September 14th, 11:06 pm

Need Mic battery fixed does not show battery life

Lyrick7 said:

September 14th, 11:07 pm

hmmm…Didnt fix the music player at all…Still cant listen to music while on the web (PS3 = Main music player + Main web browser)

HatmanTc said:

September 14th, 11:09 pm

@favian

I have uses all of the card readers and I love that option.

StealthBlade98 said:

September 14th, 11:12 pm

@52 xKOROSHIYAx – if you even bothered to read at all, Eric Lempel already stated in a reply to someone’s post that IT DOES fix the uncharted bug. Reading goes along way in life. Instead of just jumping the gun and immediately post, you re-asked a question that was answered on the first damn comment.

And guys, stop with the gray box friends list removal stuff. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out what it might do in a future update if what I think is correct.

OI-BOY-66 said:

September 14th, 11:20 pm

thanks guys you rock….. oi- boy -66

HU-_-FLUNG-_-PU said:

September 14th, 11:25 pm

omg guys i got cross game chat seems like the only gave it to a few thousand people man im so lucky

lock67ca said:

September 14th, 11:25 pm

What’s important is the stability of the system. Does everything work as it should? Are the games no longer freezing up? If this update does indeed fix those issues, that’s all that matters. Font size? Sparkles? The look of the friends list? Is that REALLY what’s most important to some people? It isn’t to me.

Techni said:

September 14th, 11:28 pm

@favian
Sharing movies/music is illegal. Sony makes movies/music.

PS3 already lets you share photos.
If you want to share your stuff with your friends, tell them to bring a usb drive

Kenshin71 said:

September 14th, 11:30 pm

@StealthBlade, he was referring to the fact it wasn’t actually mentioned in the OP which was a bit dumb since it’s what most people wanted to know. It’s stuff like that that makes me wonder if Sony management are thinking right. Sometimes they just don’t seem to “get it”.

skateak said:

September 14th, 11:32 pm

well my condemned 2 still wont work and i know it isnt the disk cause its my 2nd one and its not my BD cause it plays all my other games when i try to update to the lastest verison to play it it freezes then beeps two or three times then restarts if someone knows how to fix this HELP!

darkedgex said:

September 14th, 11:36 pm

Ugh, this doesn’t fix the other major problems with the v3.0 update then I take it. Disappointing.

On the bright side, at least you guys put out a quick patch to address a game that wasn’t working. It’d just be nice if you’d say something on the issue of the mandatory news feed and the friends list being an eye sore.

skateak said:

September 14th, 11:37 pm

never mind all its working now finaly some action from sony

GreyLynx said:

September 14th, 11:38 pm

Not a problem with firmware but a suggestion:

allow us to play PSP games/demos on our ps3 please

Rhez said:

September 14th, 11:39 pm

I had several issues after the 3.0 update. Since my Blu-Ray previous conked out on me it was still under the service warranty so I’m sending it in. That way I can be sure in case it wasn’t the update that caused the disruption.

The problems with FW 3.0 I noticed were:
1) quit reading Blu-Ray games
2) audio skipping in PSN titles
3) quit reading DVD movies
4) controller unresponsive at times
5) PSN log in times extensive

So hopefully 3.01 will fix some of it. I just want my PS3 back in time to replay Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank before their respective sequels come out.

Pelt_Hunter said:

September 14th, 11:39 pm

No system updates are optional in my book. All game updates and system updates are downloaded right away regardless of if they cause problems. The only way to find those problems is if people switch to and use the new firmwares. I can wait a week if one of my games stops working as long as it makes the firmware the best it can be. Keep it up Sony, thanks for the fix.

Dargor_BIGBOSS said:

September 14th, 11:42 pm

It is possible that someday sony will care for those who use Monitors with resolutions like 1680×1050? Xbox 360 has all that kind of resolutions why not lounch some update with this?

favian said:

September 14th, 11:44 pm

@ Techni. Sharing an mp4 video file i downloaded on youtube, gametrailers, or psn is illegal? when i say movie files i meant video files, not necessarily pirated films. That is an absurd request. Likewise, not all mp3s are illegal. Give me a break.

@ HatmanTc, yeah its a nice option, not a dealbreaker if its gone. The alternative is completely viable.

favian said:

September 14th, 11:45 pm

Correction: That is not an absurd request** ^

spatsnaz said:

September 14th, 11:49 pm

Thanks for the update!

pudljumper said:

September 14th, 11:52 pm

try a search at yahoo.com, it somes up problems w/ other websites.

bluedice said:

September 15th, 12:01 am

Too late for me, mine went to heaven already.

Joshis1 said:

September 15th, 12:01 am

I guess as long as there are humans, there will be complainers…

I love the last update you guys at Sony put out (3.00). It’s great and I’m sure you guys put a lot of time into it. I’m very glad you guys constantly strive to make the PS3 better for all of us.
You won’t hear any ungrateful remarks from me. =)

pudljumper said:

September 15th, 12:04 am

sorry guess I need spell check not playstation store spam on my xmb

tearsofash said:

September 15th, 12:10 am

Did this fix the issue with Flower? Where if you used in-game XMB the loading icon would never go away?

HenrY_In said:

September 15th, 12:25 am

it didn’t fix the controller issue… :(

ssmcp137 said:

September 15th, 12:27 am

sony get rid of the grey boxes they look like $hit

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 12:34 am

hey Jeff or Chris i dont know where to ask this but can you guys post a list about the psp games that will be available to download on october 1st , thanks for the update

Haseo_Uchiha said:

September 15th, 12:34 am

Ever since I updated to firmware 3.00 on its release, my PS3 froze shortly after I updated and then it died. I try to turn it on but the power indicator on the front of the PS3 first goes green, then yellow- beeps twice, then turns red- blinking. I’ve messaged Sony about this- TWICE! and they pushed me away saying that it was coincidence that my PS3 died after the update. well then thats one heck of a coincidence that hundreds of peoples PS3’s died shortly after updating to 3.00, I cant even update to 3.01 because it wont even turn on and the worst part of it is that I’m no longer in warranty and I can’t afford it to get it serviced. I wish for me and everyone else who’s experiencing the same issue to get some help from Sony, rather than some links or or paying $150 plus tax to have it fixed… Help us Sony (heres a link to all those who have dead PS3’s and want help, so far, about 100 people reported there PS3’s dead http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=113602

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 12:36 am

Jeff or Chris i dont know where to ask this but can you guys post a list with all the psp games that will be available to download from the playstation store on october 1st

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 12:36 am

sorry double post lol

MakaiOokami said:

September 15th, 12:40 am

Next compatibility update is there any way to give us info that a new update is available?

favian said:

September 15th, 12:51 am

@ 69. after you select a song to play, you press the ps button to leave the music interface, then you can to websurfing… this works on 3.0 as i just did this yesterday.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 20