PS4 - Destiny

Lost Planet 2 Co-Op Demo Coming to PSN September 24

Brian Keltner's Avatar + Posted by Brian Keltner on Sep 16, 2009 // PR Manager, Capcom

Hello PlayStation Blog! Capcom is offering PlayStation 3 owners a chance to experience a piece of the Tokyo Game Show action from the comfort of their own living rooms this year by offering the Lost Planet 2 demo available exclusively for download from PSN starting the first day of the show. Beginning September 24, PS3 owners will not only be able to engage in the frantic battle against the enormous G-Type Akrid, the boss Akrid of the episode 1, but will also get the exclusive experience of two additional missions in an online co-operative extermination of the Akrid of E.D.N. III.

LP2 Coop Screen (1)

Throughout the demo players will run into Akrid ranging from small (in Lost Planet terms) to enormous, as they fight to collect the precious thermal energy contained within the Akrids bodies in order to heal themselves, their friends, and power the armored Vital Suits. Utilizing a number of weapons from machine guns to missile pods and rocket launchers scattered throughout the environment, teams of four players can join up via the PlayStation Network and clear three mission objectives with friends, giving them a glimpse into the jungle of E.D.N III.

In order to promote cooperative gameplay, players can share life-giving thermal energy amongst injured members of their squad while new support weapons allow teammates to boost attack and defense capabilities. Additionally, the new dash feature allows players to sprint for short distances, bringing greater speed to combat.

LP2 Coop Screen (9)

LP2 Coop Screen (3)

The true firepower of Lost Planet comes from the heavily armed and armored robotic Vital Suits as they return in greater numbers and variety than the first game. Players now have the ability to hold up to three players as they make their way through varied environments in the game.

Lost Planet 2 is the first game to make use of Capcom’s updated proprietary game engine, MT Framework 2.0. Rendering dynamic lighting in beautiful massive environments, previous versions of MT Framework have been used on games like Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.

For those new to the world of Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2 takes place on the planet of E.D.N. III, 10 years after the events of the first game. Terraforming efforts have melted the icy terrain of the first game and given way to revealing lush tropical jungles and harsh deserts. Players will enter this new environment and follow the exploits of their own customized snow pirate on their quest to seize control of the changing planet.

LP2 Coop Screen (7)

Capcom is also releasing the newest trailer on PSN the same day as the Lost Planet 2 demo. Previously only having shown the jungle and city environments, the new TGS trailer gives you a glimpse of the new desert environment and even bigger Akrid than seen before.

We hope you enjoy the demo and newest trailer! Make sure to look for more news and information about Lost Planet 2 coming over the next few months to the PlayStation Blog!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ RuthlessEd on September 16th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

Will the game support any local-player splitscreen?

+ Grind_Axis on September 16th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

Excellent news! Can’t wait to try it out!

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 16th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Awesome I love Co-op

@1: The developers said they are experimenting 2 player splitscreen.

+ LeoDaLyon on September 16th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

September 2nd?!?

+ kosluftar on September 16th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

So it’s not local co-op?

+ Edeyie on September 16th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

lol the title says September 2

+ poweredbyzen on September 16th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

why’s everything co-op these days?! pffft!

+ drdre74 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Is this the same demo as the one already on the 360 or a brand new rebuilt demo?

Brian Keltner's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 16th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

It\’s new!

+ Slayer__4 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

don’t you mean september 24th?

+ Korbei83 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Maybe they mean September 2 2010…. Wouldn’t surprise me.

+ Aggie_CEO on September 16th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

September 2 huh?? lol

+ KIDD_KILLA on September 16th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

today is sep 16

+ LegendarySWE on September 16th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

September 24

+ TyrionXavier on September 16th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

So now all we have to do is travel back in time 2 weeks, and we can get the demo!

Awesome! The PS3 lets you time travel! It really DOES do everything!

+ samich2007 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

You mean october I think :P

+ KRZYDUDE on September 16th, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

LOL @ 13
Anyways the article clearly states the correct date. Finally we get the demo of the game. Awesome!

+ SPARDA on September 16th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

I hope this demo restore my hope in Capcom

+ adolson on September 16th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

About time! I am glad we get to try this. Loved the first one, up to that mission where there’s lots of enemies/robots/mechs/whatever it was… I still need to go back and try it again. Love the controls and graphics… I’m excited for Lost Planet 2. :D

+ BlooodyCow on September 16th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Anyone that seen me post in any Capcom related blog post, they know how much I hate you guys for the Monster Hunter 3 going to the Wii, and the failure that was Devil May Cry 4. But I have to say, this game look pretty interesting. It look so interesting, that I actually want it, but I keep remember what Keiji Inafune, head of research at Capcom, said a few months ago about Dead Rising and Lost Planet 2.
Here is what he said “Capcom does promise some special goodies exclusive to the 360 version, in order to show it’s good will towards the console.”
**http://www.ps3center.net/news/2232/dead-rising-2-confirmed-going-multiplatform/

Why should be support a game, when you guys already plan on give us a version with less content that other versions?

+ stennex on September 16th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

September when? I just loved how the demo looked at E3.

+ BlooodyCow on September 16th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

Capcom, you guys are such failures, you cannot even print the date right.

+ Enigma777 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

Awesome! I’m extremely excited for this game!

+ Emadeowa on September 16th, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

OH man I cant wait, looks awesome

+ BlooodyCow on September 16th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

@Jeff
I seen your Uncharted 2 beta stats. You are keeping that 1.0 :) Last night, you had more deaths and kills. So how do you like the beta so far?

+ sulgpat on September 16th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

awesome news !

+ BlooodyCow on September 16th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

@Jeff
Why aren’t my comment showing up?

+ Emadeowa on September 16th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Also I wanna get my grubby mitts on the armored Vital Suits, those are lookin sweet..

+ aztex08 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

The One On Xbox Was Good Hopefully The Same With This One

+ ironduck12345678 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

Awesome! Great news!

+ Emadeowa on September 16th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

@BloodyCow
sometimes it takes a few extra secs for it too show up, I’m also experiencing(sp) that as well…

+ Gringo234 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

I might give this game a try.

+ dragonmagician on September 16th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Didn’t play LP1, since it sucked on PS3. Hopefully this is better. The Co-op looks promising; but I’m not sure how integrated it is to the main story mode.

+ TamarindLAZ on September 16th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

I’ll be trying it out. But I’m not happy about us getting a demo later than the 360. Even if it is new.

+ trustter on September 16th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

I hope this one is not so “crapcom” like the first one.

+ MadmanEU on September 16th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

This could turn bad quick. Considering the crap quality of LP1 on Ps3, it’ll be interesting to see if Capcom is going to actually give Ps3 gamers the same attention they do Xbox’ers.

+ EspadaKiller on September 16th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Wow looking forward to this demo! I played the 360 version, didn’t try co-op but did go against the boss on offline player mode.

+ locos85 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

I tried this game on the 360 and I think it sucks. Your crosshairs move around the screen instead of the screen moving with the crosshairs was a horrible idea. Game suck worse than the 1st one.

Brian Keltner's Avatar

+ bkeltner on September 16th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Hi Locos, in the options menu of both versions you have the option to turn that feature off if you prefer.

+ asop89 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

Cool!!! Can’t wait to try it out, from the trailers I’ve seen the graphics looks very good this time. Thanks Capcom ;)

+ joseph2411 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait!

+ RavageHeitaro on September 16th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

um….no splitscreen? o.0

+ tenshin78 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

I like this blog, its nice that sony keep us informed, but its kind of sad that the comments are ALWAYS more on the whining side.
Like 2/3 are just complains and such, get a live, this is just videogames, I love them and I like to read what people think about some announcements but I think I will from this day forward just read the news and skips the feedback since here it seems that sony cant just say something without hear a bunch of whinners and ranters. Boring

+ Valentik999 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

looks like a HUGE improvement from first. cant wait.

+ findaway on September 16th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Looking forward to this, it looks great.

+ MajorZero77 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

Awesome

+ Rinaldus91 on September 16th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

Thanks for taking the PS3 version of the game seriously this time Capcom, it’s definitely looking like a day one buy for me.

+ DAS_COOL on September 16th, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

YES!!! Thx capcom…

But you guys should’ve told us a month ago about this, that way we wouldn’t be so angry about waiting for this for a month.

+ RICKDOEZ on September 16th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

I REALLY HOPE THEY ADD PARTY CHAT IN THIS GAME LIKE UNCHARTED 2 HAS..
THANKS SONY!!!!!

+ Roxas598 on September 16th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

what about us in the EU will we be seeing this demo at the same time?

+ Bailers77 on September 16th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Dear Playstation,

This steady stream of games and demos that I want to play has to stop. I mean, I’m about half way through LBP:GOTY, haven’t even taken the shrink wrap off of Batman, and have another online multi-player game to play in soon. Now you come out with a co-op demo for a game that looks awesome?!? There’s no time for all of this goodness. I have responsibilities, family, and a job. Therefore, I respectfully request that from now on you only release one new game or PSN download per month. I don’t have time for more than that.

Sincerely,
Me

+ loadstone007 on September 16th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Does this game support local co-op (split screen)?

Thanks