No Man's Sky

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 Deploys November 24

Scott McCarthy's Avatar + Posted by Scott McCarthy on Sep 16, 2009 // Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA

We’ve got a lot of exciting news for all you SOCOM fans! Today we’re happy to announce that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 will be hitting the shelves on Tuesday, November 24 2009. So mark your calendars and plan to spend some quality time with your SEAL team over the holidays.

We also like to present you with the very first look at the final packfront for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3. Check it out below:

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 packfront

To further whet your appetite as we gear up for launch, we’re happy to announce the pre-order program which kicks off today. Gain the upper hand in multiplayer gameplay with two powerful new multiplayer units outfitted with new lethal weapons when you pre-order your copy of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3. See details below:

New Special Forces

Kommando Speizialkrafte (KSK): Play as the deadly KSK. Formed at the end of the Cold War, the KSK operates under the Special Operations Division. KSK operators go through an intense training program, taking up to three years to complete over 20 counter-terrorism specialist courses.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 GERM

Special Air Service (SAS): Compete as the elite British SAS. Often considered the template by which other Special Forces are organized, the SAS has its origin in the North African Theatre of World War II. The motto of the SAS is “Who Dare Wins,” a solid description of their skill and mindset.

SSOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 BRIT

New Weapons

F2000: The German KSK are outfitted with the powerful F2000 assault rifle. The F2000 offers the most popular features of the modern assault rifle including a compact bullpup layout, completely ambidextrous handling and a modular design with plenty of options and add-ons which allow the rifle to be tailored for any mission or tactical situation.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 F2000

AS-50: The British SAS come armed with the deadly accurate AS-50 BMG sniper/anti-material rifle. The AS-50 .50 BMG sniper/anti-material rifle enables operators to engage targets from long range with high accuracy. Lightweight and transportable, the AS-50 can be disassembled in less than three minutes and serviced without tools.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 AS50

You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Best Buy, GameCrazy, GameStop, Amazon.com and other participating retailers. Fans who purchase their copy of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 from the PlayStation Network within the first 30 days of launch will receive the pre-order Special Forces.

94 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ cleversignin on September 16th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

just in time for a PSP Go purchase:)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

OhMyGoD i was hoping that this SOCOM news was about the NEW DLC EVERYONE..and i maean EVERYONE who is a SOCOM FAN was and is STILL WAITING FOR!!!!..come on SLANT6..WE DESERVE IT!

+ JAXX377 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Sorry, but as someone who bought Confrontation on release just to wait a year for it to even work properly I will pass on this one.

Fool me once shame on you.
Foll me twice shame on me.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

OhMyGoD..I WAS HOPING THIS WAS NEWS ABOUT THE NEW DLC FOR SOCOM CONFRONTATION WHICH EVERY SOCOM FAN IS DESPRETLY AND PATIENTLY WAITING FOR.COME ON SLANT6 WE DESERVE IT!

+ JAXX377 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Sorry, but as someone who bought Confrontation on release just to wait a year for it to work as advertised I will definetly pass on this game.

Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

+ mrgerbik03 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Wow…/6 must have eaten a ton of fiber…cause they keep dropping turds.

If this goes like confrontation, it will still be an incomplete game in October 2010…

+ InFaMoUs1- on September 16th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

****************************************

BOYCOTT ANY SLANT SIX PRODUCT

You can’t fool us with your empty promises and lies.

****************************************

+ jelly14 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Will there be a demo coming to PSN soon?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

OOH WOW AND I THOUGHT MY COMMENT DIDNT POST SINCE I DIDNT SEE IT WHEN I REFRESHED THE SCREEN :/ SINCE THIS IS GONNA BE MY THIRD COMMENT I SHOULD JUST SAY THAT ..SOCOM CONFRONTATION ISNT SO BAD..OR SHOULD I SAY HORRIBLE..LOL ITS A GOOD 3PS GAME BUT IT COULD AND WILL BE BETTER! :)THATS JUST MY OPINION SINCE IM A HUGE 3PS FAN.

+ IceCold on September 16th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Game, after game, after game. Good stuff. Keep making sure you guys differentiate the titles from PS3, make it a different feel, which I’m sure you have.

I’m extremely disappointed about the GT PSP reviews though.

+ Ninja-KiLLR on September 16th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

so is this special forces thing like the clans from confrontation where you have to be in the certain clan to get the special wepoen or is it just a pre order and get 2 extra guns for online no catch???

+ TonicBH on September 16th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Wow, 90% of the comments in here thus far are boycotts/complaints. Seriously, stop bringing up Confrontation in a goddamn FTB3 post.

+ locos85 on September 16th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Don’t let /6 touch another PS3 game. I’m iffy about this knowing they made it.

+ Homer-BY on September 16th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

nah,i won’t buy it

btw im very dissapointed of GT Portable reviews…

+ StalkingSilence on September 16th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Does SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 introduce PSP Trophies, viewable via XMB?

+ frazevedo on September 16th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Sounds cool!!! On my list!!!

By the way… Jeff when will the Motion controller part 3 show on the blog??

+ gooch-getta on September 16th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

ITS MADE BY SLANT SIX> THAT MEANS DO NOT BUY IT AT ANY CAUSE.

FEATURES ON THE BOX/COVER MAY NOT BE IN THE GAME.

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY MAY DIFFER FROM ADVERTISEMENTS

+ Moosehole on September 16th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

/6 can take this game and sho….

Well you know the rest.

/6 sucks.

+ ExPresident on September 16th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Wait, who developed this? Oh yeah, /6. Yeah right. I’ll purchase this when Confrontation gets a GOTY award.

Whats the sound?

The sound of /6 missing the boat. I won’t buy another of your products.

+ Chris-PShome on September 16th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. SLANT SIX HAS A REPUTATION OF DELIVERING EMPTY AND FALSE PROMISES. DO NOT SUPPORT SONY’S LACK OF ATTENTION TO THE GREATEST FRANCHISE WHEN ZIPPER RAN THINGS.

WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.

BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.

SLANT SIX BOYCOTT.

+ ExPresident on September 16th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

#12

People will continue to boycott or complain about anything /6 touches because of what happened with Confrontation and they have a right to do so. IF anything you should be thankful people are keeping the issue in the light because they are educating consumers on past issues with this company.

+ poweredbyzen on September 16th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

sorry, but i’ve become a MAG-snob. :D

+ DZORMAGEN on September 16th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Is it me, or is the PSP getting much more attention on the blogs the last few days? I love the PSP, but I want to know about the PS3, and games like Critter Crunch, and the Beta contest for Uncharted 2.

+ NelsonXVCT on September 16th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

Confrontation was total crap.
Slant 6 promised, yes, PROMISED for good things for the game. Annnd we wait one year, and nothing? … but a new crappy game to release? Get Modern Warfare 2, since it comes out in November.

+ Roverxk9 on September 16th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Slant 6 destroyed their own reputation and its going to take a miracle to fix it.

Its unfortunate that the marketing side of a company can hurt everyone in it through false promises and unrealistic deadlines.

I’m support the boycott on their products.

+ Agent_Clutch on September 16th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

LMAO WHAT A JOKE ARE YOU SERIOUS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ PAs_MAKO-30 on September 16th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Well it’s official.. Sony has no shame. Confrontation is still in shambles. We’re lied to with every new post they make in regards to Confrontation.

Almost one year post release with no promised DLC. And on top of that it’s rumored that will only get one DLC at that.

I will not purchase this title. You have have some nerve to post this up with Confrontation is incomplete and lacking DLC.

Shameful!

+ Agent_Clutch on September 16th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Sorry DON’T BUY THIS GAME. Actually this might be could as the coding is a a lot simpler then coding for the PS3

+ PAs_MAKO-30 on September 16th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

@28
I agree. Buying this game sends the message that they can lie to us even 12 months later and we’ll still buy their products.

Pass on this game to let them know that it is not okay.

+ EmperorKorea on September 16th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

wow, they’re changing the psp box covers as well? lame.

+ peevmyster on September 16th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

i’ll be skipping this as well… way to many other games coming out.

+ CovertHitman on September 16th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

No one cares about FTB3 when Confrontation is still messed up. Its great to see that NO ONE in the entire company cares about the BIGGEST community.

Don’t buy this game.

+ Thrasher20 on September 16th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Pretty sweet. Will look into this

+ zombie_56 on September 16th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

sony please bring vigilate 8 ps1 classic to ps3

+ UsCoMmAnDeR on September 16th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

@20

I agree. Copy and paste if you believe him.

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.

WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.

BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.

SLANT SIX BOYCOTT.

+ UsCoMmAnDeR on September 16th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.

WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.

BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.

SLANT SIX BOYCOTT

+ crowsticky1234 on September 16th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

I dont know that I’m going to get this because I have alot of games that I might be buying on November like LittleBigPlanet,Jak and Daxter:The Lost Frontier,but dont worry about it,I make a plan to get this.Guys,I didnt play SOCOM:Confrontation on the PS3 and I dont have a PS3. Does this game have game sharing?

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

For the anti-Confrontation crowd…you DO know that it is the most played online PS3 game right? Bigger than KZ…bigger than Resistance. I’m not saying I disagree with you just that you’ll have little affect.

Biggest PS3 disappointments:

Noby Noby Boy, Confrontation

+ Den_of_Iniquity on September 16th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

YAAAAAAAAAA can’t wait for this one to come out first day purchase. (when will it be available for the ps store

+ ExPresident on September 16th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

@38

I know they said that but lots of people and companies say things. I refuse to believe that a game so riddled with problems and faults has more people playing it then a quality game such as KZ2, Resistance or even CoD4. Seriously?

IF I was Sony or /6 I’d also say that Socom had the biggest and most active community to push more people to buy it and be a part of it.

Don’t believe everything you see, read, or here without an independent source that has no benefit from getting the facts.

Right now your best independent source is fellow gamers. I’ve got 7 RL friends who I play PS3 with regularly and only 2 of us have socom. All of them have CoD4. Thats just a small sample of Socom representing how large its community is ;/

+ ExPresident on September 16th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.

WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.

BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.

SLANT SIX BOYCOTT

+ drownedphoniex on September 16th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.
WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.
BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.
SLANT SIX BOYCOTT

+ VanilaGorila-x- on September 16th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Day one PSN purchase for me, can’t wait…

Peace,
VG

+ xCaliberr on September 16th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

WARNING: ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL DIFFER FROM WHAT IS LISTED ON THE BOX.

WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SLANT SIX PRODUCT AGAIN.

BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT A MUST BUY TITLE. LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE.

+ grimgard on September 16th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

LOL SoSuck is what it should be called. After the joke of a game the last Socom was I’ll never buy another one.

+ Odium_Generis on September 16th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Honestly. How do you whiners make it through the day without killing yourselves? I guess being all “dead inside” is enough…

…anyway. I like S:FTB2. So I will get this as well.

+ zombie_56 on September 16th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

confrontation does not lag anymore so stfu

+ cowboyd21 on September 16th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

LOL / six you need to get over to the playstation blog and explain to us why is the ps3 socom is so bad , LOL even with the patch the game is still bad. You need new maps, more update and DLC this should be done as soon as possible or before modern warfare . my god man warhawk is a better game if you want any profit from any games you make you have to fix this game.

+ cowboyd21 on September 16th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

@ 38 that not true because if it was then why is it so hard to find a game? dude whoever told you that load of crap lied to you . there are not alot of people playing the game sometimes we have to search 3 to 5 times to join a quick match and please don’t get me started on the rooms .

+ cowboyd21 on September 16th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

@ 38 am not sure on this but if you go to there website it will tell you how many people playing the game . LOL i bet there more people playing warhawk then socom.

PAGE 1 2