Spider-Man PS4

Sep 16

Sep 16

Valkyria Chronicles II – Coming to PSP Next Summer

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey all, and nice to meet you! I’m Aaron Webber, also known as RubyEclipse over on the SEGA Blogs, and I’m the community lead at SEGA of America for all things Valkyria Chronicles.

As of today, SEGA is proud to announce Valkyria Chronicles II – the sequel to the legendary PS3 epic – is coming to the West exclusively on the PSP! Join the battle once more in the next addition to the Valkyria franchise – created by the same team behind the original.

The year is 1937 EC.

Two years later, the ashes of the Second Europan war still glow in Gallia’s history. But even peace is a fragile happiness – and hearts that once fought side by side are not forever friends.

In the midst of this peace appears a group known as the Gallian Revolutionary Army, swearing to topple the current government – in a lightning fast coup, they arm themselves with the best of both Gallian technology and soldiers.

What was once a small but strong unified country is instantly plunged back onto the battlefield. But the day and age of the last war’s heroes is already fading out – with families to protect and children to raise, they are the ones who must now be protected. While numbers split and tensions rise, the spotlight shines to a handful of up-and-coming students at a Gallian Military Academy.

As civil war begins to rage across the country, morality and war clash with passion and ideals. But this time the distinction between blue and red is not so simple – nor will it ever be. Gallia once stood as a defiant beacon of hope against a giant empire… but can the country now defend against its own?

Valkyria Chronicles II will be arriving Summer 2010 – until then, you can follow all news Valkyria on the official Facebook and Twitter pages!

Finally, we’d like to give a special shout out to all the fans – those who put a fantastic game back into the spotlight, and continue to show their dedication and support for the series. This one goes out to all of you.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 8

MaDogNik96 said:

September 16th, 9:49 am

Cool, VC is a great game.

adz2k7 said:

September 16th, 9:50 am

Really looking forward to this :)

-Ad-

UrzuRX7 said:

September 16th, 9:51 am

Awesome, been wondering when we’ll be seeing this state side.

jimmyfoxhound said:

September 16th, 9:53 am

Yeee haw!! I loooove Valkyria Chronicles! And I’m SO GLAD they’re keeping the same team on this sequel.. eeeggggcellent…

For a preorder bonus could we get a blu-ray of the VC tv show they had in Japan? Please?? :)

Tyrsis said:

September 16th, 9:53 am

Blog post about a game for the PSP that isn’t out for over a year.

k

LokeSTL said:

September 16th, 9:56 am

Add trophies to VC please! Thanx!

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:27 am

Trophies are something I will continue to keep pushing for on my end. Soon I\’m going to compile some solid data for this and I\’ll need as much feedback as I can get – so keep an eye out!

dragonmagician said:

September 16th, 9:56 am

Didn’t get the first game (I think trophy support would have convinced me otherwise), but I am watching the anime. Will probably get VC2 when it comes out.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:37 am

It\’s ultimately your call, but I think you\’re missing out on a fantastic game for a fairly minor reason.

Does anyone remember the days when we played games simply because they were fun? Not so long ago, there was a time when there were no Trophies or Achievements, and we plugged hours in every week on classics solely because they were great games, and fun to play.

Even so, I can also understand the many requests for Trophies that do come through, and I\’m happy to pass along that feedback for you. Thanks Dragon!

BigBoss712 said:

September 16th, 9:57 am

Loved VC, shame that i don’t have a psp, any plans for a sequel on the PS3?

Sindred said:

September 16th, 10:01 am

Wow are trophies really that important that people would miss out on a good experience for it? Can’t wait for this. Valk 1 is still one of the best PS3 games I have played.

If I could suggest something to SEGA it would be to bring back the Shining Force series with this game’s mechanics.

Mox007 said:

September 16th, 10:03 am

Love VC. I went back to playing it this past weekend. Maybe picking of a copy of Skies of Arcadia had something to do with that ;)

Looking forward to VC2.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:39 am

Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite RPG\’s ever. My team in Valkyria always has Vyse and Aika on active duty. :)

Neil said:

September 16th, 10:03 am

This game needs trophies

Sindred said:

September 16th, 10:06 am

Games were just as enjoyable before Microsoft had to make Achievements/Trophies something mandatory in a game. Not one element of Valkyria was less enjoyable because the game lacked that veritable nexus of culture and refinement called trophies.

Chipper said:

September 16th, 10:07 am

PSP games to need Trophies *hint*hint*

This is great news. I loved the PS3 version. Pre-order as soon as possible.

Belmonth said:

September 16th, 10:07 am

Great, needs also Yakuza 3 though just too much people wanting it.

cleversignin said:

September 16th, 10:08 am

looks like I will be buying a PSP.

TheInfectedBy590 said:

September 16th, 10:08 am

Any chance the series might re-visit the PS3? ;)

stawnkald said:

September 16th, 10:08 am

How about some Yakuza 3 please.

DarKaoZ said:

September 16th, 10:10 am

Sweet! VC2 for the US! Man, I kinda wish it was for console thought. Anyways, going to get it for my PSP. And yes, give us Yakuza 3 or Kensai!

KazeEternal said:

September 16th, 10:10 am

@Aaron Webber
Can’t wait to get this, nice to see the PSP catalog of games filling up with titles I can actually get excited about. Especially titles I can spend more than 8 hours on such as Dissidia (which I recommend as a hold you over for this game) and many others. So Valkyria Chronicles 2 will be on my list for sure.

However in addition to thanking your fans could you possibly throw trophies our way for the original game?

VC1, MGS4, HS, and R&CFToD are the four games I wish had Trophies. Two of those (MGS4, VC1) I feel really deserve to get the upgrade treatment. It was a deterrent to a few of my trophy hording friends as well.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:46 am

Great to see the support for Valkyria flowing in – the community for this series really is fantastic, so thank you for that, Kaze.

As I mentioned above, I\’ll continue to push for trophies on my end. I\’ll update with more news on this as soon as I can.

Serenade_King said:

September 16th, 10:11 am

thanks sega for telling us that’s cumming here so soon, Valkyria Chronicles is my favorite game this gen. Hope the game is released in UMD (I like having the UMD for collection)

KillerDante said:

September 16th, 10:13 am

Thanks for the update. I am happy to hear it coming stateside, now lets hope that Valyria Chronicles Comes back to the PS3 again =). Quick question, is this coming UMD or Digital, and if its Digital is there a way to also let us play it on the PS3?

Cipher17 said:

September 16th, 10:14 am

Looking forward to this one. However quick question: just picked up a annual subscription to Qore, am I still good for MAG Beta? or am I too late?

RSX-0806 said:

September 16th, 10:15 am

Valkyria Chronicles was one of my personal favorite games and this one looks like it wont disappoint.
Thank you SEGA for bringing VC2 to the west, much appreciated.

i_like_toast said:

September 16th, 10:16 am

hooray for another VC
boo for PSP

not that it will stop me from picking it up, i’d just be happier on the big screen.

Sigmakan said:

September 16th, 10:16 am

Sounds great.

Has Sega considered rereleasing an edition of Valkyria CHronicles that has the DLC with it? This would need to be acompnaied by a large marketing campaign. Too many people are missing out on an icnredibly great game. It saddens me

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:48 am

There aren\’t any plans for a re-release, but you can bet that we\’ll be pushing the original game again as the next batch of DLC gets closer this winter.

Last time we saw a 400%+ spike in the month to month sales when DLC hit, and with so many fans rallied behind the game, I have no doubts we can do it again.

SlashZaku said:

September 16th, 10:19 am

*LOVED* the first game and am very much looking forward to this. Can’t wait for more info to be released (still a long wait for us).

If a 3rd game is made for the PS3, could we get some PS3-PSP Connectivity?

IceCold said:

September 16th, 10:32 am

man the are really pushing the PSP, finally!

phinnv8 said:

September 16th, 10:33 am

PS3 is so weak on RPGs this generation is disturbing (compared to PS1 and PS2)… And this does nothing to help the problem.

Woulda been nice if they at least patched in trophies to Valkyria Chronicles… and MGS4 for that matter.

rmx687 said:

September 16th, 10:35 am

Thanks for thanking us, Aaron!

Valkyria Chronicles was one of the best games I’ve played this generation and the PSP game looks like they hit the standard set by the team on the first game. I’m really glad that a great game can still come out these days and get future releases based on fan feedback.

Definitely can’t wait for next summer!

Kenshin71 said:

September 16th, 10:36 am

Instead of just putting it on PSP why not also put it on PSN as a downloadable title? Did Sega and Sony think everyone who bought the first also have/want a PSP?

mywhitenoise said:

September 16th, 10:42 am

can we get trophies for the original PS3 game?

djspinal said:

September 16th, 10:44 am

Next Summer!? Oh man, that is not long at all. What do I do until then? I must prepare. I’m gonna have to save my money for this one. It wouldnt be fair to buy anything else until this one comes out, since I know now that it is coming soon.?

nv_Los said:

September 16th, 10:45 am

Did is great news! i loved the first one on PS3 and will definitely pick this up also… i know this has been askd plenty of times already lol but are there any plans on releasing trophies for VC1

EVanHelsing said:

September 16th, 10:46 am

I want this… on the PS3!!!

We are desperate for RPGs on the PS3, not the PSP.

Ehahneli-13 said:

September 16th, 10:47 am

VC is one of my favorite games of all time. I love it, and have told everyone with a PS3 to get it ASAP (I pre-ordered it myself). I’m so happy to hear that the franchise will continue, but I was deeply disappointed to find out that it is being moved to the PSP. I know it might sell better in Japan on the PSP, although now that the PS3 slim is available I expect there to be a lot more PS3s in Japan, but I don’t think it will sell as well in other regions. Plus, a ton of people skipped VC because it doesn’t have trophies (which is a shame, but you guys really should think about a trophy patch), so I don’t think moving it to the PSP helps in that matter. I just don’t get why you’d move it to the PSP? It won’t be the same. I’m sure it will be a great game, and I will be getting it day one but that doesn’t change the fact that I REALLY would have preferred this to be on the PS3 (like most of the VC fans I know). To me, it feels like this should have been a spin-off and not VC2. VC2 should have been on the PS3. Is there any chance we’ll see the VC franchise move back to the PS3 or if VC2 does well will it stay on the PSP?

TheWrenchNinja said:

September 16th, 10:49 am

I’m happy that it’s getting localized. Definite purchase, the PSP lineup just gets better and better.

TheWrenchNinja said:

September 16th, 10:51 am

It’s kind of sad that they’re using anime cutscenes over the in-game scenes. I mean, dang, Valkyria Chronicles was beautiful.

Gunblader_ said:

September 16th, 10:52 am

Awesome news, VC is my second favorite PS3 game (behind Uncharted). I’m stoked to hear that it is coming to America, any word if it will be retail or just for PSN (I would love to have a physical copy of it).

Since sega is bringing out an amazing game for next summer, why not Yakuza 3 as well? ;)

poweredbyzen said:

September 16th, 10:56 am

i think i will enjoy this on the PSP. tried the demo from japan Home – i liked it! :D

OverlordSpike said:

September 16th, 11:00 am

i bummed this is psp and not ps3. i have a psp and its a day 1 buy for me, but i’d still have prefered it to be ps3.

Gorvi said:

September 16th, 11:00 am

This is great news, though I really would have been more surprised at this point if this wasn’t coming to the US. Still, as a huge fan of the PSP (I’ve got more games for that than every other current console and handheld combined), this still just makes me grin. I loved the original, I’m sure I’ll love this one.

megs1120 said:

September 16th, 11:01 am

Thanks for not screwing us, Sega! People had better buy this one.

Korbei83 said:

September 16th, 11:06 am

Very upset this is going to PSP. Especially considering the ridiculous lengths of battles in VC. It is in no way a portable friendly game. Whomever’s idea it was to make a sequel on a portable, should be fired.

That said, you’d better focus on eliminating the endless parade of menus in that game. Streamline the experience. Focus on the gameplay.

Lucreto said:

September 16th, 11:11 am

This is good to hear. :)

Just one thing is Sega’s Twitter cryptic messages for this game or the PS3 game?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

Aaron Webber said:

September 16th, 11:50 am

The blog post for the VC2 Announcement is the phrase we revealed on the Facebook/Twitter pages.

Before that, we had a phrase that also went up to hint at the arrival of a second batch of DLC for the original Valkyria. In short, you might find phrases for both showing up there!

megamixer said:

September 16th, 11:15 am

Personally I’d rather you guy speed up the western release of Phantasy Star Portable 2 than a watered down Valkyria Chronicles (as much as I loved the first game). Since it’s unlikely Sega would want to release 2 major PSP titles during the same season is there any chance we’ll get PS:P2 this winter or spring? Either way, please don’t say next fall… :(

frazevedo said:

September 16th, 11:16 am

I love the game… I think it should come back to the ps3… i own the first one and love it!!!

AzureAssassin said:

September 16th, 11:25 am

I -love- Valkyria Chronicles, thank you. I hope Sega decides to localize Phantasy Star: Portable 2 for the US as well.

Blkant said:

September 16th, 11:26 am

You guys finally gave me a way to justify buying my PSP. While I would have preferred seeing this as another PS3 exclusive, I’m really just happy you guys are continuing with the series. Consider me sold already.

Keep the PS3 versions DLC coming too guys :)

Maybe VC3 on PS3 later in the future too? :P

lobotomies4free said:

September 16th, 11:30 am

Thank you Sega for a great, original game!

Now please everybody buy more copies of the original so it can get back on the PS3!

Hypsiphrone said:

September 16th, 11:33 am

Trophies is still a going concern?

I will PAY for trophies. I don’t care. Add it as another DLC pack. Anything. It would be worth 4.99 and give me a reason to play through again from the beginning, something I just can’t force myself to do without incentive.

btw… I upgraded my 2.8 to 3.1 yesterday and no problems!

PAGE 1 2 3 8