PS4 - Transistor

Valkyria Chronicles II – Coming to PSP Next Summer

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Sep 16, 2009 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey all, and nice to meet you! I’m Aaron Webber, also known as RubyEclipse over on the SEGA Blogs, and I’m the community lead at SEGA of America for all things Valkyria Chronicles.

As of today, SEGA is proud to announce Valkyria Chronicles II – the sequel to the legendary PS3 epic – is coming to the West exclusively on the PSP! Join the battle once more in the next addition to the Valkyria franchise – created by the same team behind the original.

The year is 1937 EC.

Two years later, the ashes of the Second Europan war still glow in Gallia’s history. But even peace is a fragile happiness – and hearts that once fought side by side are not forever friends.

In the midst of this peace appears a group known as the Gallian Revolutionary Army, swearing to topple the current government – in a lightning fast coup, they arm themselves with the best of both Gallian technology and soldiers.

What was once a small but strong unified country is instantly plunged back onto the battlefield. But the day and age of the last war’s heroes is already fading out – with families to protect and children to raise, they are the ones who must now be protected. While numbers split and tensions rise, the spotlight shines to a handful of up-and-coming students at a Gallian Military Academy.

As civil war begins to rage across the country, morality and war clash with passion and ideals. But this time the distinction between blue and red is not so simple – nor will it ever be. Gallia once stood as a defiant beacon of hope against a giant empire… but can the country now defend against its own?

Valkyria Chronicles II will be arriving Summer 2010 – until then, you can follow all news Valkyria on the official Facebook and Twitter pages!

Finally, we’d like to give a special shout out to all the fans – those who put a fantastic game back into the spotlight, and continue to show their dedication and support for the series. This one goes out to all of you.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ mkeung on September 18th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Mr. Webber,

I do not post here ever, but would like to say I support adding trophies to VC. I have purchased the game and finished it, so adding trophy support would not equate another game sale from me. However, I would be willing to pay for such a patch (such as DLC) so Sega still has the opportunity to make money from me.

Additionally, I believe it is important to add trophies for primarily two reasons.

1. VC is an older game, it is not as easy to find at physical retail stores anymore.

2. It targets a niche audience. I feel this audience is more internet savvy then the usual PS3 owner, due to the nature of anime (the most convenient way to get content from foreign countries is through the net).

+ mkeung on September 18th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

^continued…

In addressing 1 & 2, There are not many competitors in the rpg or strategy areas, so VC is one of the top options even for completely new users. Continued support of this game (trophies) would keep it abuzz on the internet / game world, allowing for new PS3 owners who fit into this niche to more easily find out about VC and become fans, especially as they cannot just walk into a store and find out about the game on the shelf. For each new fan, Sega gets: a VC purchase, possible VC dlc purchases, possible VC2 psp purchase. From a cost to benefit standpoint (I’m assuming trophy support would not cost too much to develop, especially as there are already medals in the game) it seems like a good investment for Sega.

As you already know, there are also those who purchase games solely based on trophies, but my argument is for the development of new hardcore fans. Nevertheless, these individuals still bring revenue to Sega and should also be factored into the equation.

Just my thoughts, pass them to Tokyo please.

Regards,
-mkeung

+ mkeung on September 18th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

^continued

Just my thoughts, pass them to Tokyo please.

Regards,
-mkeung

+ mkeung on September 18th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Just my thoughts, pass them to Tokyo please.

Regards,
-mkeung

+ mkeung on September 18th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

sorry for the reposts, if you could delete them it would be great. the server didn’t apprciate my long posts so i had to split them up, and the second half wasn’t showing up for me…so i tried to post again…

+ jiggyteddy on September 18th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Great game, and please add me to that list of people clamoring for a trophy patch for Valkyria Chronicles!

Thank you.

+ Cleston815 on September 18th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

my younger brother finished the game completely, says it’s a masterpiece. the only reason i haven’t played it yet is because it has no trophies. and that’s what’s keeping us from buying DLC as well, no trophies = no money spent AGAIN. sorry to say that, but that’s how it works nowadays.

besides, you can go tell SEGA that most of my friends haven’t bought it because it has no trophies, despite knowing it’s a triple A title. i wish i could bring those guys here to scream it out loud, but i can’t, lol.

+ amjr72 on September 18th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

VC became such a flagship title of the PS3 line-up, but i agree that people should move on.

Trophies are cool and id play ít again to get them, but the developers have absolutely no obligation to add them, i rather see the devs put more effort on a new next-gen incarnation of the game.

+ Kadama on September 18th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

All russian VC fans (including me) can’t wait for trophies !!! So, dear SEGA bosses, PLEASE add trophies and bring happiness to our hearts :)))

p.s. ..and thank you for Valkyria Chronicles – this game is a real masterpiece <3

+ Appleanche on September 18th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

Wow I’m so shocked to see the amount of “Am I a petty fool” Sure.. but I want trophies, and to prove that I bought a mediocre game because it had trophies.

The real fact is that most of the people claiming this wouldn’t enjoy the game anyway, as it requires a level of thought beyond “IMP SLAYER!!!” “KILL 1000 IMPERIAL SOLDIERS!”.

+ NoobianGod on September 18th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Trophies for the original game please!!!

+ nintendo_dude on September 18th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Valkyria Chronicles is a masterpiece and many of my friends enjoy it as well.Can we get trophy support for it? That would turn out great.

Also can we get Yakuza 3 here in America?

Thanks

+ Chr0nos_Zero on September 18th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Keep pushing for those trophies for us Webber, I believe in you.

+ unr3alek on September 18th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

This game was so great i bought my ps3 for it. I got all the DLC, finished the game on all levels of difficulty and in my eyes this is the best RPG i have played on new-gen console so far. Please SEGA help the game by adding trophies to your little shiny gem. Can’t wait for more VC action!!!!

+ Jerel on September 18th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m excited! ^^

However, you guys better release a UMD Version of the game. I would be very upset if I am unable to buy 2010′s Game of the Year.

…A Special Edition PSP-3000 bundle would cool too. ^^

+ SteveShd on September 18th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I also love Valkyria Chronicles, and yes, please add Trophies to it!

+ edub1026 on September 18th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

I would love trophies, I’ve been waiting for trophies, I stopped playing because I thought trophy support would have came out months ago. I watch the anime. I haven’t purchased the DLC because no trophy support but I’ll be one of the first once it’s added.
Please and thank you

+ Kcusaiwanu on September 18th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

Great news. Thanks a lot!

+ Dir_en_grey_666 on September 18th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Just like MGS4, adding trophies to Valkyria Chronicles to make a lot of people pick up and actually play the game, myself included.

There are many other great games out and like many other people I just don’t have time for all of them. Trophies are a good indicator for me to see how much I have completed a game, so I would rather spend my limited time playing games that support trophies.

+ nulenvoid on September 18th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Please bring this to the PS3, first one was great.

+ lanceurdehache on September 18th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

I m waiting for buying Valkyria Chronicle on the PS3, i want trophies…

+ UKM79 on September 18th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

Trophy support. It’s not so simple. I’m half way through VC, excellent game. I stopped playing when rumours of trophy support surfaced. If it might get patched, I’d rather wait and see before finishing it / buying DLC. I don’t want to have to play it all again to get completion trophies. So it’s not so simple as “trophy patch or I won’t buy it”. If someone rules out trophies, I’ll play, complete and buy DLC. While you can’t decide I’ll hang fire until I know. I’ve got lots of other games to play while I wait. I’ve already had to restart GTA IV after trophy support, stopped playing Fallout 3 waiting for level cap DLC. You don’t make it easy on well informed players who want to get the most out of games! I’d love to play things through several times but I don’t always have the time or inclination. Really looking forward to VC2 on PSP. I’d rather have a choice of platform though, VC looks so nice on a big TV.

+ Isomelos on September 18th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

I would love to see trophy support for VC. It’s an amazing game and would it give me a push to re-visit it again.

People can argue that trophies/achievements don’t make a game. As true as that is, you can’t ignore the amount of gamers who expect it and even require it these days.

+ Kvizardich on September 18th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Many Russian players thx for this perfect game and trophy would be a excellent chance to play again this game.

+ THEdarknessvirus on September 18th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

we are waiting for the trophies uupdate

+ THEdarknessvirus on September 18th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

we are waiting for the trophies update for vc

+ challen on September 18th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Thank you for the news regarding new VC DLC. I care more about that than VC2 on the PSP, since I don’t care much for portable gaming.

Trophies will definitely add to your sales. Just compare trophy with other games that did the same thing. It’s pretty simple, and the next DLC release would be the perfect time to do it.

+ TiberNull on September 18th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

VC is an incredible game and trophies would be a nice feature to increase playback.

+ onmode_dash_ky on September 18th, 2009 at 9:07 pm said:

I haven’t finished the original Valkyria, but what I have gotten through has been absolutely enjoyable and engrossing. I did buy the Selvaria/Edy missions, though, and I even beat the Edy one on a whim–and got spoiled in the main story. Oops.

Trophies wouldn’t make me buy a second copy, but since it clearly would make a fairly significant number of PS3 owners buy the game, I will toss my hat into the “Trophies, please” camp. I guess it’s not enough for these people that if you search “*” at Amazon.com for PS3 games and then sort the results by average review, you can see that the #1 highest-rated PS3 game is Valkyria Chronicles. :) Here’s to hoping VC2 becomes the equivalent for PSP! I have a PSP, so no complaints from me! Also, I hope Vyse and Aika reappear in VC2 (I have Arcadia for GameCube)!

By the way, if art books are available, sign me up! I got the GameStop preorder art book and was blown away not just by the character design work but also by those awesome tank designs. But, who am I kidding; Alicia beats a tank any day. :)

Finally, further proof of my fan status: I have the full second set of Valkyria trading figures, the soundtrack CD, and the first drama CD. So, *quite* looking forward to VC2!

+ Alestes on September 19th, 2009 at 12:14 am said:

A trophy patch for VC would be lovely, it’s my favorite PS3 title by far.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be a second 400% sale boost again. Around here it’s pretty much impossible to find copies of the game, it’s very rare.

+ Varyag_Ericsson on September 19th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

I love SEGA for great console (Genesis) and great games on it (Phantasy Star, for example, from first to IVth part – Ef of the Millenium. The next games of this title (Online, BB, blah-blah-blah) is really sucks, IMHO.
But the Valkyrie Chronicles is… is Amazing! I will buy it in first days of following month (October), and hope, that trophies will be added to VC!)))

Also, SEGA, please, make weastern release of Phantasy Star Generations on PS2!!! Pleeeeeeassseeee!!!)) I dunno japanese… I even dunno English grammar as well, i’m only studying it.

Respect from Ukraine.

+ DrHorrible256 on September 19th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Also if You’re reading this SEGA – PLEASE bring Yakuza 3 to the US. I will buy it, I LOVED Yakuza 2.

+ jdizzle84 on September 19th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

TROPHIES PLEASE!!!

I will buy another copy of the PS3 game (already own it) as well as the PSP VC2 if trophies come out!

+ jdizzle84 on September 19th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

Also please bring Yakuza 3!!!

+ Antisense on September 19th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

Truthfully I was a little disappointed that VC2 was slated for PSP, but I’m still glad it’s getting a sequel. VC2 is the primary reason why I’ve decided to purchase a PSP (probably an overpriced Go). [Take heed Sony!]

Count me in for supporting trophies for VC as well, I don’t care about my profile level, but I’d proudly display a VC platinum even if not retro-active. It would also make my job of convincing friends to get and play it much easier too. [Take heed Sega!]

+ Trexman89 on September 19th, 2009 at 8:58 pm said:

VC 2 should be on the PS3, not the PSP

+ Lifewish on September 19th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

screw trophies, why not actually bring the game to the PS3, you know the audience that supported and played the hell out of VC??

I understand the business move but you really are screwing over a very supportive fan base that gave VC great sales for the type of game it is.

+ V2_Tarma on September 19th, 2009 at 11:19 pm said:

Trophies would be awesome for Valkyria Chronicles , to show your VC *addiction* love to your PSN friend list!

+ MakaiOokami on September 20th, 2009 at 2:37 am said:

Not only is the DLC purchased but I made an entire video about it.

Please accept that as a token of my desire and resolve to get trophies on Valkyria Chronicles.

+ MakaiOokami on September 20th, 2009 at 2:38 am said:

watch?v=5RPkYvrdlFY

The above is a youtube video I made to show my desire for trophies, as well as my resolve. I bought the DLC today (was going to eventually anyway) in order to show my support for the series. Please forward this to Sega. I want to add that platinum to my list of games.

+ TechnoGolem on September 20th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

First, please add trophies to VC for the PS3.

Second, please make VC2 for the PS3. I really hate playing games on handheld games and I refuse to buy them. I really enjoyed VC and would love to play VC2 but I will NOT play it if I have to play it on a handheld system.

+ FailedEXE on September 20th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

First, I want to give myself the opportunity to say thank you for delivering this masterpeice know as Valkyria Chronicles on the Playstation 3. I am very much looking forward to the sequel on PSP.

I would like to say that trophy support nowadays is a very in thing even though it’s a very minor feature and silly for those that boycott games that do not have them, they still have a purpose for replayablity and reingivorating the interest of gamers picking this up and playing it again as well as bringing in new players.

I actually happen to be one of those people that would love to have trophy support because this game is perfect for it. Because of Valkyria Chronicles very strong gameplay, it gives the player a sense of accomplishment and progression. I believe adding trophy support will be for the greater good so more newcomers will by this game. You guys deserve all the sales you can possibly get.

+ BlingOnMyWrist on September 20th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Bring Trophies to Valkyria Chronicles and I’ll get it for sure!

+ smokey_vols on September 20th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

I would go to the store and buy VC if it had trophies. That’s the only reason I haven’t purchased the game.

+ Hestar69 on September 20th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

YES YES YES YES YES…We need trophies for this game..It’ll add to the replay value and maybe it’ll be bring more people to trying out one of the best rpgs this gen!!…keep the DlC coming and hopefully a new VC on the ps3 ;D

+ gogo_Tai on September 20th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

I would love trophies added to this game!

+ Valmont on September 21st, 2009 at 4:41 am said:

Russians fans of VC waitin’ for challenging trophies!!! Вэлкам!

+ Balerion84 on September 21st, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

My beloved VC wants trophies. I want VC trophies. Please!

+ adolson on September 21st, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

I’ll add my voice to the choir… I’ve been wanting to buy Valkyria Chronicles for PS3, and I’m certainly no trophy whore. However… Whenever I have a purchasing decision to make, I inevitably go with the newer (or even older) games that do have trophy support. It’s been enough times already that I promised myself I’d buy it if a trophy patch comes out.

+ drew327 on September 21st, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Absolutely loved the first game, add me to the list of trophy-wanters.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8