PS4-The Order

Valkyria Chronicles II – Coming to PSP Next Summer

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Sep 16, 2009 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey all, and nice to meet you! I’m Aaron Webber, also known as RubyEclipse over on the SEGA Blogs, and I’m the community lead at SEGA of America for all things Valkyria Chronicles.

As of today, SEGA is proud to announce Valkyria Chronicles II – the sequel to the legendary PS3 epic – is coming to the West exclusively on the PSP! Join the battle once more in the next addition to the Valkyria franchise – created by the same team behind the original.

The year is 1937 EC.

Two years later, the ashes of the Second Europan war still glow in Gallia’s history. But even peace is a fragile happiness – and hearts that once fought side by side are not forever friends.

In the midst of this peace appears a group known as the Gallian Revolutionary Army, swearing to topple the current government – in a lightning fast coup, they arm themselves with the best of both Gallian technology and soldiers.

What was once a small but strong unified country is instantly plunged back onto the battlefield. But the day and age of the last war’s heroes is already fading out – with families to protect and children to raise, they are the ones who must now be protected. While numbers split and tensions rise, the spotlight shines to a handful of up-and-coming students at a Gallian Military Academy.

As civil war begins to rage across the country, morality and war clash with passion and ideals. But this time the distinction between blue and red is not so simple – nor will it ever be. Gallia once stood as a defiant beacon of hope against a giant empire… but can the country now defend against its own?

Valkyria Chronicles II will be arriving Summer 2010 – until then, you can follow all news Valkyria on the official Facebook and Twitter pages!

Finally, we’d like to give a special shout out to all the fans – those who put a fantastic game back into the spotlight, and continue to show their dedication and support for the series. This one goes out to all of you.

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ RoloEmptybottle on September 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

VC is a great game. Got about halfway through before life’s distractions interrupted my play.

Would love to see trophies added.

+ ArkFullofSorrow on September 29th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

I think Trophies are nifty, though not essential. I would especially like to see them in VC because it will increase the odds of success of the VC games as a series, and I do want it to be a long series. After all, considering the number of people who won’t buy a trophy-supported game, or who will use that feature as the factor that pushes a consumer to the “buy” side of the fence. More people would buy the game and DLC if trophies are present, and this would increase the chances of more VC games in the future. Which is what I want.

+ jwspiker on October 2nd, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

please trophies please

+ imweezle on October 4th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

Hello there. This is my first post to the PlayStation Blog. I would like to add my voice to those clamoring for Valkyria Chronicles trophies. The game currently sits on my game shelf, and is on the “to play” list. I certainly hope trophies are added when Valkryia Chronicles makes its way into my PS3. Also, should trophies be added, that would spur me to download the DLC, so long as it had trophies as well. Hell, even if I have to purchase the DLC to get the trophies, that certainly warrants the purchase. Anyway, I look forward to some fantastic news!

+ Welkin__Gunther on October 5th, 2009 at 2:07 am said:

The main reason why i buy ps3 was Valkyria Chronicles.It’s a great game.I think adding trophies will boost game sales and DLC sales(just add trophies to DLC).Also,people who already buy this game will be very happy.
p.s. from Russia VC community.

+ ollie64 on October 5th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

Trophies would make this game so much more appealing to all of those who have maybe passed the game by so far.

If a trophy patch was released then it would gain lots of favourable coverage across the gaming media world and would definitely result in a increase in sales and a hunger for further installments in the franchise.

+ JJJtheman on October 5th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Hello,

I recently purchased this game, approximately a month ago. Since then I have played and enjoyed the game and even convinced 2 of my friends to buy it. Having trophy support would definitely encourage me to go through this game again and again (until I received all, or most, of the trophies). I think that 99% of your fans want trophy support as well. They weren’t necessary for me to enjoy playing through the game once, but like I said I would love to play through it again and again but my games that do have trophy support are eating up all my time now because there are still things in them for me to achieve. If Valkyria Chronicles was updated with trophy support I’d jump right back into it and get started on earning those trophies. This would not only make me happy to return to the game but would also appeal to newcomers and other gamers who love earning trophies. I think you’ve had a recent spike in sales of VC and I definitely believe that your fans are worthy of such and exciting and entertaining update. We believe your game is worth it – don’t you???

Cheers!

+ N-o-r-d on October 9th, 2009 at 5:06 am said:

VC2 is really cool, this is first game in my buy-list =)
And also it will be outstanding if SEGA adds trophies in VC1. I’m waiting and praying =))

+ PristineSneakers on October 13th, 2009 at 12:05 am said: