GTAV PS4

LittleBigPlanet: Sack it to Me – “A Little Bit of Everything” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 21, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP GOTY online banner

Sackboy in the News:

Since it’s been a while since our last “Sack it to Me,” here’s a list of links of the latest news around the web:

@ the PlayStation Store

Over at the PlayStation Store, the LittleBigPlanet Demo (FREE) has been a big hit, and the new LBP Dynamic PS3 Theme ($2.99) continues to find new homes. I love the idea of Sackboy running all day, everyday. Don’t forget to check these out when you get a chance.

LittleBigPlanet Demo thumb

LBP Dynamic Theme Banner

Community Picks

Our friends at LBPCentral.com have a new round of Community Picks. Have fun playing these GEMS:

Up & Away in Sky Town by jump_button

My thoughts: From a great gameplay hook (involving a single red helium balloon) to a visual style that can only be described as “beautiful,” this is definitely one of the best levels LittleBigPlanet has to offer. Don’t miss it.

Lafarge’s Request by Keldur

Part 2 is here.

My thoughts: Reminiscent of “The Islands”, “Lafarge’s Request” is a platforming level at heart, but it comes with enough creative innovation to keep you on your toes. Definitely a must-play.

Destiny! by CuzFeeshe

My thoughts: The premise of this level is simple: a cosmic storm is tearing apart your ship, and you’re the only one left who can save it! You’ll love the creative, fastpaced puzzles, and for those of you who can’t keep up, you can still move on (albeit with less points than you would have if you beat it). Give this level a shot – you’ll be glad you did.

Workshop of the Week

Ever want your Sackboy to teleport? Chaotictails put together a great tutorial here (even in the LBP presentation theme) to show you how. Great stuff!

Mm.com Goodies

Media Molecule has a new DevFace podcast focused on their teams designers. Get to know Mark and Danny and what they love about designing levels in LBP.

77 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ AmericanNinja1 on September 21st, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Mark,

do you know when more costumes and levels are going to be released for LBP?

Thanks for your time Mark!

+ SPOPS on September 21st, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Where are the level packs. It has been almost a year since the MGS one.

+ mslynn313 on September 21st, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

LBP is the best! Are there any big differences between the original version and the GOTY version??

+ Scodo_Thope on September 21st, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

Will the GOY additional levels be made available for those of us that supported you when the game first came out?

I am not up for paying extra either, it should be free, because we (the original buyers) helped pay for the extra levels. Not to mention, I paid $100 to get the non-recalled terrorist addition on the original release date!

+ RocketJohnson on September 21st, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Awesome too see more LBP stuff! Question for Playstation Blog. I have the PSBlog Mac widget on my computer. It hasnt been working for a couple weeks and I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. Just wanted to let you guys know.

+ poodude on September 21st, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

@ Scodo that ‘non-recalled terrorist addition’ remark was not called for. I’m not of the religion (I’m Catholic) that recalled the game but to call them all terrorists is just wrong. I know it was a simple joke, but this is the PS Blog, at least show respect for people of other ethnicities that come to visit the site

+ ent-root on September 21st, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the upcoming DLC. I am excited :)

+ Ryuhza on September 21st, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Studio Ghibli MUST happen!

+ Ryuhza on September 21st, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet’s birthday is arriving soon!

+ ent-root on September 21st, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

For those of you who want the exclusive levels in the GOTY edition, there are threads ALL OVER the littlebigworkshop forums (Hint: use the search feature). Check them out. You CAN play them, take some time and figure out how.

+ DZORMAGEN on September 21st, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

When will the Disney costumes come out? Any word of a Mickey Mouse costume? The DLC has been non-existence that last month or so!!

+ DeviantBoi on September 21st, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Freaking LAAAAAME.

Stop giving us crappy updates on the game and start telling us about actual additions to the game.

You’re not living up to the promises.

+ Scodo_Thope on September 21st, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

Poodude, I am Catholic too.

Educate yourself on the reason of the recall.

$100 spent was not a joke.

The recall was not a joke.

Look it up.

+ Scodo_Thope on September 21st, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Apologies to any terrorist I may have offened!

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 21st, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

@14

Thanks!

+ poweredbyzen on September 21st, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

the game should’ve had a $10.00 PSN card with it for use on the network as a bonus. full price for a greatest hits game?! we’re still in a recession!

+ redtailman on September 21st, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

I’m loving the GOTY edition

+ IllinoisNukee on September 21st, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

Just wondering. What happened to the Disney themed costumes? I was really looking forward to them and last I heard they were supposed to be released in the summer.

+ poodude on September 21st, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

@Scodo

Hey man if I remember wasn’t the recall for the whole Qu’arn thing? Where according to Muslim(was it Muslim?) religion they couldn’t have verses from the Q’uarn being cited in songs. LBP had this and was therefore recalled. I’m not saying it was a joke I’m refferring to your terrorist comment. I mearly just meant you shouldn’t be calling them terrorists, unless I’m missing some vital information as to why it was being recalled. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding between us.

+ RevengerAD on September 21st, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

Will the official PS3 Dynamic Themes be availble to download from PC?

+ stang4ever on September 21st, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

So will we ever get the Final Fantasy VII level pack and or costumes? You announced it at the same time as the MGS level pack but you have said nothing about it after that.

+ Reinheart on September 21st, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

Good luck with Studio Ghibli if that turns out good, it will be interesting what you and Ghibli will come up with…. Request from me if possible… and if Miyazaki Hayao approves… Nausicaa Sack Girl with Gunship… and Laputa with Gondora and the other sky pirate members/ships and boss mama… Big time fan and watched Laputa and Nausicaa over 30 times…lol…

+ Caires on September 21st, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

It isn’t hard to understand why this game was “the game of the year”

+ DarkWolf7 on September 21st, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Just curious, any progress on the water update? I’ve been looking forward to that quite a bit, would make some of my levels a ton of fun.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on September 21st, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

I picked up the LBP dynamic theme, as we’re both fond of Sackboy. She herself is just beginning to dip her hand into LBP. Looking forward to what fun we’ll find, therein.

+ heatseeker on September 21st, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

thing i’m looking forward to is the online create mode :D

+ heatseeker on September 21st, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

i’m mostly looking forward to the online create mode :D

+ death_vader301 on September 21st, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

F THIS DUDE MM LIE TO US . NO 1 WEEK SHIRT , NO DISNEY , NO FF7 , AND I BET NO WATER . F MM SCREW US THEN SCREW THEM GOTY SAME STUFF I DOWNLOAD SO NO POINT MAN AT LEASE NIS AND BANDI SUPPORT US AND EVEN SQUARE ENIX WITH THE PS3 BUNDLE . NICE TO SEE FALLOUT 3 GOTY WITH ALL DLC AND SO ON BUT FOR MM LBP , GET UR ACT STRAIGHT . OR AT LEASE GIVE ME FF7 COSTUME AND LEVELS.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on September 21st, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Any word on when the water beta accepted people will learn if they got in?

+ FlareSkull on September 21st, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

For those asking…..GOTY levels will not be made into DLC but can be played is someone who owns the game hearts them, then just go to that person’s hearted levels and play them from there.

Water beta is already under way and SAM has informed us that people from US haven’t received invites yet. The beta will send out more invites as the BETA progresses so don’t feel bad if you didn’t get picked for round one.

If you guys want to know more there are fan site forums such as lbpforum.net which fill you in on interesting news :)

+ FlareSkull on September 21st, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

@28…..FF7 was used as an example and was never set to be released…..WATER already exists and week one shirt did come out but not for US.

Please get your facts straight before making offensive messages.

+ BigBoss712 on September 21st, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Been a while since i last played LBP, you know what we want, level packs plz.

+ SLEDGE_ on September 21st, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

@28

Dude, chill… lets see what’s happening over at TGS during this week, before we start tossing out this redicules claims >:|

As for LBP, <3

+ singstar0cks on September 21st, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

I hope they re-release the Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas costume packs they released last year!

+ wbrinkman on September 21st, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

Good to see you guys at Mm actually take notice of the comments you get on each and every item you post online, and act on it

Oh wait

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 21st, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

ok i have no problem with the review of what we ALREADY KNOW..but i thought the blog was about NEWs..things we DONT KNOW ..like when the WaTER pack and MARVEL costumes are arriving..now this is the stuff i would like to see on the blog IMO :p but again keep up the great work Mm

+ wolfzero1 on September 21st, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

so when are the next overpriced costume packs coming out?

+ Miles514 on September 21st, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Wow i will definently try out the last 2 levels. (First one was GREAT!) IS their anything that can be said on the proccess of the water?

+ xeno3d on September 21st, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

How do I get the extra levels without buying the GOTY?

I bought the original day one as well as all LBP addons.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on September 21st, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Um yeah almost a year sence new levels you think a game this epic would have at least more support than PAIN it’s just uncalled for.. It has to be the greatest and only disapointment with the game.

+ phinnv8 on September 21st, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

#1 Make the dynamic theme $1.99 and I’ll buy it

#2 How about some news on the Water DLC?

+ death_vader301 on September 21st, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

@31 and 33 yea right maybe should chill lbp is a good game till thay start slacken off and i shall wait after tgs hmmm maybe but not promised hope we get better lbp this holiday like maybe a halo and fable costume and level pack haaaa but shall wait ?!?!?

+ ndw4 on September 21st, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

im actually surprised they still do these updates all the time i mean the game has been out for almost a year.but i want to here more info on the water levels

+ cortez5 on September 21st, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

@FlareSkull

“FF7 was used as an example and was never set to be released”

P.S. Are you the one with the motion sensor level with all the lights? Because if you are those were pretty cool.

+ MR-E-PLAYER on September 21st, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Can you please tell me if they are still giving out betas for lbp water content I signed up but dont want to keep checking my mail every second i really love the game :D

+ R1LEY62 on September 21st, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

OK NEXT LBP UPDATE JUST PLEASE GIVE THE RELEASE DATE FOR LITTLEBIGPLANET PSP. OH AND ALSO INCLUDE WHAT AND WHEN KIND OF PSP DLC WE WILL BE RECIEVING :)

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 21st, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

I really hope the water update is free.

+ CometsStar on September 21st, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

I purchased the game of the year edition, but the Mod Nation Beta code that I got doesn’t work for some reason. Did the beta opening get delayed? or What should I do?

+ starBlinky01 on September 21st, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

You guys made a mistake. That level is not called Destiny! and its not by CCubbage

Actually there isnt even a creator in LBP named CCubbage, so I dont know how you screwed that one up.

But the real name of the level is “Destiny! [Hard - 1P]

and the creator is “CuzFeeshe”

+ FlareSkull on September 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

@44 Yes I am :) I am the same flare skull with the 3 levels that were on page one :p

PAGE 1 2