Farpoint

Sep 22

Sep 22

UNCHARTED 2 Interview with Naughty Dog Plus Behind-the-Scenes on X-Play Tonight

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

You might remember back at PAX, we sent out a Tweet asking what you’d want to ask Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig about UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Well, we had an overwhelming response to say the least, and in this interview Amy touches on everything from the game’s adventure aspects and the power of the PS3 to Cinema Mode/Machinima and crispy veggie bacon. Don’t ask, just watch.

And be sure to tune in to G4 tonight at 6:30PM ET/PT for a 30-minute special episode of X-Play that features a behind-the-scenes visit to Naughty Dog. Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb get the scoop on UNCHARTED 2’s epic single-player campaign, go in-depth on co-op, as well as what it takes to design the game’s highly intricate and difficult puzzles.

Add Your Own

KoRn_KidM90 said:

September 22nd, 2:05 pm

can wait for this.. i want to win that fortune hunter edition sooo bad.

ZekeXenu said:

September 22nd, 2:08 pm

Nice interview, Jeff.

But if I may offer a slight technical suggestion: could you please be more mindful of how you’re holding the microphone. There was a lot of mic handling noise during the interview and I found it distracting.

I know that you’re not wearing headphones when you’re interviewing, so it’s virtually impossible for you to monitor the noise, but I think a simple change in how you hold the mic will reduce the noise dramatically (the noise was most noticeable when you would move the mic towards Amy and then back to yourself).

Again, sorry to nitpick, but I think for the future it will yield for less distracting interviews.

G-Force08 said:

September 22nd, 2:11 pm

Awesome stuff :) Can’t wait. Can I get the other game out of the 3 that were free? haha

Oh and where’s that promised Machinima link? D=

Korbei83 said:

September 22nd, 2:18 pm

@Bikant

I get the impression that much of the “shooter” aspect of the game could be played with your gun holstered. Just look for ways to adventure while you take out the baddies.

OmegaSpartan08 said:

September 22nd, 2:21 pm

FORTUNE HUNTER EDITION HERE I COME!!!!

station3fever said:

September 22nd, 2:24 pm

I love Naughty Dog nuff said :)

TakiFuGu said:

September 22nd, 2:29 pm

Love you Amy, you’re awesome! Your interviews are always so down to earth.

poweredbyzen said:

September 22nd, 2:32 pm

still waiting for a chance to win the fortune hunter limited edition – i want it soooo bad! i’ll even sell my soul to naughty dog! :D

Thorpe89 said:

September 22nd, 2:34 pm

How about an insight on the game’s soundtrack?

Caires said:

September 22nd, 2:36 pm

I am so buying this game, even if it would cost me a fortune. It looks to good in both singelplayer and in multiplayer mode.
So, thanks to Naughty Dog for creating the Uncharted series, and I’m allready looking forward to the next one.
This is going to be awsome!

Very nice interview, Jeff!

Can you tell us more how to win the Fortune Hunter Edition???

Kratos276 said:

September 22nd, 2:42 pm

How can we win the FHE that will be given away?

RLx3 said:

September 22nd, 2:45 pm

The X-play thing airing in Canada?

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

September 22nd, 2:47 pm

So I’d like to know why ND focused on

Twitter
Pointless multiplayer
Excluding everyone but Americans from a chance to get the Treasure Hunter Edition

instead of crafting a good single player game, like the first one was.

RRstrong said:

September 22nd, 2:48 pm

0_0… this is going to be AWESOME!!!!

C-Murph666 said:

September 22nd, 2:57 pm

Fortune Hunter~!

Miles514 said:

September 22nd, 2:57 pm

Got my dvr and tv on. I will watch this episode about 3 times.

Gringo234 said:

September 22nd, 3:06 pm

Cool interview.

I might not get the game and don’t get me wrong it looks great, but it isn’t my type of game.

Zta said:

September 22nd, 3:14 pm

What options are there exactlty for co-op game play? Will this game have a local-co-op-campaign-split-screen mode like Resistance 1 had? (NOT to be confused with silly non-campaign on-line maps like in Resistance 2). In other words: Will I be able invite a friend over at my place, sit in my sofa, and play the story together with him or her, with each our controller and character at the same time?

D-Squad3 said:

September 22nd, 3:15 pm

Uncharted 3!!! Naughty Dog FTW!!!

Liquidus_Snake_ said:

September 22nd, 3:34 pm

Naughty Dog, without a doubt – the most ambitious, innovative and HONEST developers I’ve seen this gen!
Insomniac is awesome too, absolutely, but there’s something extra special about ND! =)

If a price cut, a slim PS3 and this game doesn’t make you come around, you can’t possibly call yourself a gamer!

And Chris, awesome interview! =)
Amy’s awesome too! (can’t ever have enough “awesome” in your life, can ya’?)

AceNet2 said:

September 22nd, 3:35 pm

@52 ZekeXenu: My thoughts exactly!

–Jeff, great interview as always! But for the love of God man, can someone over there plunk down a c-note or two so you can get a couple of wireless, clip on mics?! Every time you adjusted your grip it sounded like a Ritalin fueled 6 year old nutjob going crazy on a drumset in the next room. This is Sony, supposedly one of the best in the audio business. And here you are, using Ron Burgundy’s microphone!

AceNet2 said:

September 22nd, 3:39 pm

Hey Chris, check your local listings man! It’s on right now on the west coast!
6:30 EST/ 3:30 PST

AzixTGO said:

September 22nd, 3:52 pm

Seems that would be a great place to work.

MaceWisdom said:

September 22nd, 3:55 pm

Awesome interview with Amy.
I’m a vegetarian too!

This game is one of my top buys and the eventual Uncharted 3. Naughty Dog never failed me. Crash to Jak and Daxter to Uncharted.

Miles514 said:

September 22nd, 3:58 pm

i Signed up to win and now g4tv dosent work anymore so NO UNCHATED SPECIAL EPISODE FOR ME.:( Hopefully it will be the first contest i ever win.

loadstone007 said:

September 22nd, 4:02 pm

Dear Sony,
Stop wasting your time with promoting Uncharted 2. I pre-ordered it when it was first available online.
Give your workers another break, they sure deserve it.

A VERY satisfied customer

P-Noozi said:

September 22nd, 4:13 pm

What a contrast between Naughty Dog and Slant Six Games…

Hasan-I said:

September 22nd, 4:18 pm

Hey guys i was just wondering if the screenshot option would be enabled in the full game if your playing in SD?
Even if the quality isnt that great, it would be sweet to be able to take a screenshot.
Atm in the beta/demo it isnt enabled and i was kind of bummed out about that :(

Eizan_Tayama said:

September 22nd, 4:22 pm

I can’t wait for this game, been waiting since I beat Uncharted.

Although this being a PS3 collector, could prolong me playing this game.

ZekeXenu said:

September 22nd, 4:24 pm

@AceNet2: Glad I’m not the only one!

GrandpaDoakes said:

September 22nd, 4:29 pm

someone tell me how to win the fortune hunter edition. my satellite messed up before x-play finished.

B-RadGfromOV said:

September 22nd, 4:30 pm

Awesome interview! Very interesting stuff. I’m so hyped for this I’m gonna explode.

GrandpaDoakes said:

September 22nd, 4:32 pm

did anyone else have their picture mess up when they were watching x-play? i need to know how to win the fortune hunter edition.

Miles514 said:

September 22nd, 4:35 pm

@ GrandpaDoakes
My sattelite messed up too but as soon as it did i went to the G4 website and signed up to win. HURRY WIN!!!

bhu11 said:

September 22nd, 4:38 pm

Whoa wow I was mentioned thats aesome thanks jeff. The game is going to be great Iv’e alreadly pre-ordered. :)

bhu11 said:

September 22nd, 4:39 pm

Whoa wow I was mentioned thats awesome thanks jeff. The game is going to be great Iv’e alreadly pre-ordered. :)

CFD13 said:

September 22nd, 4:49 pm

Yeah what happened I was watching it and g4 quit working, at the last 10 or so minutes of the show, now i’ll never know if i won the collectors edition. Man! why’d it have to cut out @ the uncharted special, been waitin all day for this.

PIRATKOPIA said:

September 22nd, 4:55 pm

OMG on Samir Abido’s question : Will it be awesome. I just loled on that stupied question. Hehehe. Naughty Dog rules !!! Uncharted forever, i hope !!!

RonnyMoon720 said:

September 22nd, 4:56 pm

already have this game reserved
cant wait

its gonna be pretty amazing to see what naughty dog is gonna do with uncharted 3
I’m expecting crysis (more or less) graphics

Subhawk15 said:

September 22nd, 4:57 pm

Nice can’t wait to actually play this, still hoping to win the fortune hunter edition somehow, I have been a fan of the Phurba (the Knife) ever since I first saw it in the (awesomely bad) movie The Shadow.

silk04 said:

September 22nd, 5:10 pm

Take a break ND. Then start on a new Jak game please.

PIRATKOPIA said:

September 22nd, 5:15 pm

RonnyMoon720

I’m expecting crysis (more or less) graphics

Graphics will not be so imported, when it comes to Uncharted 3. I guessing they will make a map-editor into Uncharted 3. So users can make their own treasure hunts for other Uncharted 3 users. That would be awesome. Still keep co-op and the other new features from Uncharted 2 to 3. That would give Uncharted 3 10/10 in every gamesite review.

GrandpaDoakes said:

September 22nd, 5:28 pm

SOMEONE THAT SAW THE WHOLE EPISODE OF XPLAY TELL ME HOW TO GET THAT FUQIN FORTUNE HUNTER EDITION. DID ANYONE SEE THE WHOLE EPISODE OR DID THE NETWORK MESS UP?

FluffyPrincess said:

September 22nd, 5:56 pm

I can’t wait for this game to be released! The multiplayer beta is great! I love the new maps, new boosters, new Hammer gun, new skins, new types of online games! The game looks amazing and playing online is quick and easy to get started. Love it! I’m so excited for the new campaign and to “catch up” with Drake and Elena and Sulley!

Go Naughty Dog!

NukePistols said:

September 22nd, 5:57 pm

I already have Uncharted 2 and Demon’s Souls pre-ordered. I mainly want Uncharted 2 for the single-player campaign and looking forward to play co-op. I don’t really care the other multiplayer stuff, but it’s a good addition for people that are into that. I love Uncharted 1 and got the plantinum trophy for it and can’t wait to do the same for Uncharted 2.

One of the things I like about Uncharted 1 is that you could play the game in a different language, I played it in english and spanish, and I’m wondering if Uncharted 2 has that option too?

Miles514 said:

September 22nd, 6:34 pm

GRANDPADOAKES! Go to tthe G4 website!!! Read the comments! Good gosh.

doubly said:

September 22nd, 6:59 pm

will there be split-screen co-op?

super3331 said:

September 22nd, 7:06 pm

i think this one is going to be better because the old one had like no action. only at certen times, like in the trapped chapter.

Gr00v3r06 said:

September 22nd, 7:27 pm

Really loving the MP arena co-op.

Thrasher20 said: