PS4 - Destiny

UNCHARTED 2 Interview with Naughty Dog Plus Behind-the-Scenes on X-Play Tonight

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Sep 22, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

You might remember back at PAX, we sent out a Tweet asking what you’d want to ask Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig about UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Well, we had an overwhelming response to say the least, and in this interview Amy touches on everything from the game’s adventure aspects and the power of the PS3 to Cinema Mode/Machinima and crispy veggie bacon. Don’t ask, just watch.

And be sure to tune in to G4 tonight at 6:30PM ET/PT for a 30-minute special episode of X-Play that features a behind-the-scenes visit to Naughty Dog. Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb get the scoop on UNCHARTED 2′s epic single-player campaign, go in-depth on co-op, as well as what it takes to design the game’s highly intricate and difficult puzzles.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ thakash on September 22nd, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

Amy is awesome, ND rocks….can’t wait til Oct. 13th.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

Does this game have online co-op as well?

+ thegriefer on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

This is my most wanted game of the year

+ thegriefer on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

@101 yes it does have online co op and multiplayer too.

+ MaDogNik96 on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

I knew there was a cinema mode and thought that was sweet, but I didn’t know there was a MACHINIMA MODE too! That sounds freaking awesome. Basically tell me that you can layout your own levels, and export video files to your hard drive and that would be the best mode ever.

+ Heavy_Rain0 on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

<3 amy hennig, christophe balestra, evan wells, whole ND team! U2 looks awesome, congratulations on going gold!

+ ZAANOS on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

Awesome interview guys. I was wondering…does Uncharted 2 support LAN games?

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on September 22nd, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

Hey whats her email!! LOL anyways cant wait for this game to come out. Most of my friends are 360 owners so Iam very happy to say that I bought a ps3 and always have been.WOOT WOOT.. The beta kicks @ss i fianlly got it to work. Nice interrogation btw. Love, Kumar. Keep it up guys

+ Delriach on September 22nd, 2009 at 10:32 pm said:

woot! my question got asked, lol.

+ Daimomaru on September 22nd, 2009 at 10:48 pm said:

If only i wasn’t so busy drawing a manga I would eat this game…lol, I play the MP demo during my breaks and I finish the project in november…so yeah… November is my month for uncharted 2…hahahaha. Cabin in the Woods manga anyone?…^__^.

Oh…..how about Naughty Dog making a PSN remake of Crash Bandicoot one with the uncharted engine?…wow! I would buy it!!

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 22nd, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

Don’t believe the hype!

Pointless multiplayer
Twitter

ND have forgotten what made the first game so successful.

A good *single* player game!

+ dj_ozz on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:15 am said:

how did naughty dog got an idea about the locations from NEPAL………do any one knows about it.

+ PIRATKOPIA on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:25 am said:

dj_ozz :

The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy ?

+ denker2406 on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:29 am said:

Can´t wait!

+ Unex on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:46 am said:

I´m just saying same as the rest of guys… Cant Wait!

+ Fsk-Kain on September 23rd, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

+ Noooooj on September 23rd, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

Hey Chris, long time reader of the Playstation Blog, first time commenter.

I had to comment on your awesome avatar. Looks like you’re a Radiohead fan eh? They’re my favourite too! Glad to see you rocking the Radiohead bear!

+ RUHOLY on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

I bought the first game when it was released, so it’s seems to me that in the game-play video running on the screen in the background that the game took a turn. I’ll play the new one, but I have mixed opinions so far as to the quality which is shown. It will have to look realistic for me to enjoy it completely. Anyways, I am sure the kids will love it… lol

+ sazzrah on September 23rd, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

*cries* This game is being released SMACK in the middle of my research project deadline at university… research project, or uncharted? Mmmm… must resist!

+ wywern209 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

i just pre0ordered uncharted 2 from amazon. it shall ship on october 19. FUN! can’t wait. I also ordered batman arkham asylum to keep me from bouncing off the walls in the coming weeks before uncharted 2 arrives at my doorstep.

+ mcvande22 on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

wow, this game looks amazing
I wish they’d release it later so I could put something on my Chrismas list!

add me if you wanna play some games
mcvande22

+ dj_ozz on September 24th, 2009 at 3:39 am said:

thanks for the update

+ omerunited on September 24th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

this game looks awesome this and MAG are going to be a mustbuy

+ TornadoZadar on September 24th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Nobody asked Amy about the Fortune Hunter edition, dammit.

Anyway, there isn’t much to talk about the game itself, pre-order it, now.

+ WhiplashTwoZero on September 24th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

I’m starting to feel the Fortune Hunter edition is a bunch of bull crap.

+ Sideswipe187 on September 24th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I really cant wait but i will have to , cause my PS3 is on its way back from repair.lol… I expect nothing less for SONY , PS beat out all of the gaming system, like 3DO, NEO, Atari,NES, and Saga. And yes even the “XBOX”. AND STILL CHAMPION PLAYSTAION !!!!!! CODMW2 WHERE YOU AT!!!

+ VendettaLion on September 25th, 2009 at 4:06 am said:

I am amazed with this title. The first experience blew me away; and engrossing myself in as much information as possible for the second I predict this title will do the same. This is my favorite franchise developed this generation… strong words I know, but Shigeru Miyamoto has my childhood and his contribution to gaming is the only reason I wouldn’t call this series the greatest I’ve played, yeah I know it was only one game! I hope these guys at Naughty Dog stay inspired because sky is the limit with their talents and this franchise. My only gripe… why is it impossible to get the Special Collectors Edition for Uncharted 2? I am very found of the collectors editions (especially this one) and it is really a shame that my collection will go incomplete because I cant get a hold of one of these awesome collectables. If anyone at the blog has any comments they could pass on to Naughty Dog ask them why cant Vendetta Lion get that amazing collectors edition. Then tell Naughty Dog don’t ever stop making these great games (or contributions to art).

+ GKFinns on September 25th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Dear Mr. Blog Admin Sir,

Has there been any update on non-beta related ways to win a Fortune Hunter’s edition of Uncharted 2 yet? I work too often to really dig into the beta sadly, and was really hoping for a different approach. I will do anything for it.

Sincerely,
Matt

+ VTEG_PT on September 25th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

Please Naughty Dog Fix the Uncharted 2 site i cant download the wallpapers artworks icons etc
Oh and, i am from portugal and i am Naugty dogs bigest portuguese fan

+ eddyroc on September 27th, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

honestly how could you own a xbox with this game on ps3 always loved everything naughty dog has done, best developer EVER!

+ hector2ortega on September 27th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Amy Henning is AWESOME!!! This game is going to rock. Naughty Dog you should be really proud of what you have done with Uncharted, I’m sure everyone at Naughty Dog is like sitting back and saying …yeah we f**king rock guys high five everyone…high five. I have one more thing to add, I just read the November issue of PSM and I read that there is an Uncharted Movie in the making, I’m completely hyped about that but I have one problem …Matthew McConaughey as Drake that’s a huge mistake. I think that Nolan North would be perfect for the part hes the only person that can play Drake, I mean he looks like him he is the voice, and the humor will be there oh hell he is Drake but that’s just my input but please just make sure that if you don’t use Nolan that you look around to find a great actor for Drake.

+ PretzelAddict on September 27th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

when i see awesome games like this come out exclusively for the ps3, i wonder why any one would rather have a 360. i loved the first uncharted and it looks like it only gets better. the gameplay looks absolutely entertaining and well put together. i played the online beta and the graphics are absolutely unbelievable. drakes fortune was the first ps3 game that really sucked me in, so this is definitely a buy for me.

+ KILLZONE_LFC on September 28th, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

Can’t wait for this to come out, im in the beta and its awesome. All i want to know is how i can get the fortune hunter edition ;)

+ EliteHitokiri on September 30th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Amy you are awesome! Now can I get a Fortune Hunters Edition? Please??????????????????

+ EliteHitokiri on September 30th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

BTW
I primarily game on the xbox360, but I’ve been on my ps3 since the demo. I loved the 1st game and even though I beat it before trophy support I’m doing it again. I’ve been in both Ucharted2 mp demos and have this game ordered at BB and GS and I’d preorder a 3rd if the Fortune Hunter Edition would be sold. I would’ve payed money for the 1st mp beta….words can’t express how great the current demo is! Amazing job, well done Naughty Dog! I don’t know what I must do but you name it and I’ll do it 4 that Fortune Hunters Edition! I see my xbox360 getting very lonely and dusty now…I didn’t think anything could pull me off Gears of War 2…I’m a legit lv100 Veteran Gear 2!

+ ecortiz91 on October 1st, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

this game will rock the planet like bambaataa!!

+ JaKhris on October 12th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Can’t wait for this game! I’m so pumped! I’ll be playing from start to finish with NO interruption. Yeah, come on, who’s up to the challenge? =P

Anyways, thanks for the updates. :)

Oh, by the way, I’ll say this again…PLEASE bring some Fortune Hunter Editions over to the European continent. You have fans here! :)

Chris, huge ND fan