PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Critter Crunch Hits PSN October 8 for $6.99!

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar + Posted by Kris Piotrowski on Sep 23, 2009 // Creative Director, Capy

Hello Blog friends,

Kris from Capy here, signing in just to drop a quick little announcement bomb on all y’all brains:

Just in case you didn’t actually watch on the video above, here’s what you missed:

CRITTER CRUNCH IS COMING TO A NORTH AMERICAN PLAYSTATION 3 NEAR YOU ON OCTOBER 8TH, AKA “THE DAY OF THE CRUNCH” AKA “CRITTER HOUR” AKA “BIGGS’ BIG BBQ BASH.”

And it’s $6.99. SIX DOLLARS AND NINETY-NINE CENTS.

Why? Because we love you, and because we care. And it let us do that animated switcharoo-thing with the “9″ transforming into the “6″ after Biggs peels the price, which we think worked out really well.

Anyway, let me break it down for you in equation form:

(Biggs + Smalls + Critter Crunch) x (October 8th (You – 6.99)) = AWESOME FUN PUZZLE PARTY.

Critter Crunch new screenshot

Stay tuned for lots more info on the PlayStation Blog and on www.crittercrunch.com as we approach October 8th.

-Kris

PAGE 1 2 3

+ dotCody on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Looks cute, but, boring.

+ Towers76 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

This game could be fun. Will there be a demo?

+ ShdwDrake on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Bought.

+ PSN_Tokeio on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Awesome! First day buy for sure, great price!

+ el-fury-86 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

day 1.

now about that biggs avatar…

+ I_am_rushin on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Awesome! This game was off my radar, but now I don’t see how I can not buy it.

custom soundtracks?

+ psyXcho on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

what the hizzle is a critter crunch? meh, $7 I may give it a try. Thanks for breaking the stupid $9.99 price point.

+ The1stMJC on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Was somewhat interested in the game before, but with that price I will more than likely pick it up as soon as it is released.
Good Job

+ I_am_rushin on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Awesome! This game was off my radar, but now I don’t know how I can not buy it. Thanks.

Custom soundtracks?

+ kassatsu on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

We are so close. Can’t wait.

+ DonnyG on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

The game looks cool but will there be a demo?

+ Nathan Vella on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

There shall be a demo indeed – you\’ll even get to try out Versus multiplayer :)

+ Genki-Rocket on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

i tried and tried and tried and tried and tried…..

to think of something to say after watching the video…

and the only thing that i can bring myself to say…

is…

OH HELL YES!!

+ Nathan Vella on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

OH HELL YES is an acceptable response. don\’t feel bad.

+ fleatherhe on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

OH MY GOSH!! I’ve been waiting for this! Will there be any online goodies? THANKS FOR THE AWESOME GAME!!!!

+ fleatherhe on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

I’m SO EXCITED! CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS!! I hope you sell so many copies that the Playstation Store overloads!!! Much love!!!

Will there be any onlinegoodies?

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Yes, we are planning some online goodies:)

+ AKGermany on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

This game is totally awesome on iPod Touch. I can’t wait to play it on PS3 – should be even better.
Is the release date for Europe the same?

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

CC is coming to Europe soon after the North American launch and the price will be in a similar ballpark, meaning that it will be a damn fine deal for the Europeans as well.

+ Ejsponge61 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Great news! But I still wish this was on PSP Go, then it would be a definite buy.

+ SpyDudeFX on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

So when are we getting TRINE? Game looks good, price is good too. I hope the trophies are decent.

+ Anubis80 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

Cant wait. I love puzzle games and this one is just too cool looking to pass up!

+ Deadaim357 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

Any word on trophies?

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

hey hey,
    Check out our site (www.capybaragames.com) or the Critter Crunch site (www.crittercrunch.com) for a list of trophies. We\’ll have them posted for you sometime TOMORROW!!

+ Microshock on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Wow. First, that’s an awesome price. I may actually buy it since i assumed it’d come out at 10- 15 dollars.

And it looks like a nice game.

So consider it an almost-sell? Depending on if i get enough money for this and uncharted 2

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

I would suggest putting a one shiny quarter into a jar labeled \”Critter Crunch Fund\” every day. You could then buy CC in exactly 28 days.

+ MakasuUS on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Yes!! Rainbow barf ftw! Cant wait! Yeah, and also curious about the trophies :)

+ JumpMan33 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

looks fun!! I <3 me a good puzzle game :)

+ Ghost_Shrimp on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

I like the price.

+ ye11owpharmacy on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

I’m not gonna lie, I’m only buying this game for the rainbow colored puke.

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

I am okay with that.

+ DHILIFE on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

This game is sweet on my iPhone, but I always thought that it would be better with an actual controller. And that price… makes it a must buy! Can’t wait!

+ Cat_Corye on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Sorry for what I’m going to say but “About F@$$ TIME!!” =^-^= ok now that is done, been planing on getting this for me and my gf to play and it seems to be funny.

+ starBlinky01 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

if(critterCrunch==$6.99 && currentDate == Oct8){
(me-($6.99*CC)) = super awesome fun time!
}

I cant wait to buy this, cya online!

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

then party = true

+ ghamdikh1 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

@Kris Piotrowski:YOUR THE MAN

I have to 2 Q:

Q1-IS THERE ANY PLANS TO REMAKE ALL Capy

GAMES

AND PUT THEM IN PSN LIKE:-

1-SMABU: Earth Wars
2-SUPER SHOVE IT!
3-MONKEY ON YOUR BACK
4-Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

Q2-IS THERE ANY PLANS TO RELEASE THE

ORIGINAL Copy GAMES AS PSP minis GAMES.

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

HHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….. <— that\’s my answer:)

+ DZORMAGEN on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Wow October is going to be a great month for a PS3 gamer. NBA2K10, Uncharted 2, and now Critter Crunch!!!

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Thanks for including CC in that batch of awesome. I am also super pumped about Uncharted 2! I\’m not a sports game fan, but I\’m sure NBA2k10 is going to be awesome…

+ Korbei83 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Sold!

+ cybershinigami87 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

When is Peggle coming?

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Aww man, I love me some Peggle! I would also like to know the answer to that question…

+ nickjd331 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

I really like the idea. You have taken a fairly simple but original puzzle game and made it totally unique.

By the way, I also like Kris’s replies!

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Why thank you!

+ grashopper on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Wow…I will pick that up for sure at that price! Looks great

+ silencekit on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to this game ever since you first announced it here on the blog. Can’t wait to play it.

+ B-RadGfromOV on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Hmm, cool video, but what does it all mean? Still waiting for a price btw. Here’s hoping it’s at least three dollars less than 9.99.

+ Carlos_Gabranth on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I am looking forward to this game, since May I’m waiting,

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Your wait is almost over, Carlos Gabranth!

+ katsuo7171 on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

I like how you respond to the comments not relating to your game. Seriously I would just ignore them.

Anyway, I love this on my Itouch and it’s just the demo. :) So for this price it’s a great deal, and I might buy it..

+ rafael_martines on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

October 8th?

:’( I can’t wait!

+ DZORMAGEN on September 23rd, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

LOL, I love the video above, that was classic!!

+ I_am_rushin on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Awesome! This game was off my radar, but I don’t think I can NOT buy it at this price. Thanks.

Custom Soundtracks?

+ katsuo7171 on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Hello

Comment 17

+ Korbei83 on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

I hear that for every copy of Critter Crunch sold in Canada, Capy is gonna vomit on Sony Canada HQ in Toronto in demand of a Canadian PSN Video Store. And other ridiculous things I’m prepared to promise on their behalf.

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Everything this man says is true.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Awesome news! One question!

In-game XMB Music? And if not would it be possible to patch it later?

+ Kris Piotrowski on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Hey hey,
    In-game XMB didn\’t make it into the release build, but rest assure that it will be there ASAP in the first patch.

+ Moosehole on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Excellent price point! I love anything that breaks the onslaught of $14.99 games that would have been $9.99 last year.

Thanks!

+ wolfzero1 on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

cool, I have this game on my Ipod touch & while the controls take some getting used to is really fun.

I look forward to getting it.

+ Ramage on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

DAY ONE PURCHASE FROM ME SIRS!

Tried it on my girlfriend’s iphone and felt the screen was too small and i couldn’t get enough control which is when i was thinking “hey, a surefire button press on the ps3 would do the trick” and sure enough i’ll be able to enjoy it soon enough.

and for under 10 dollars, what is this a yard sale!?

+ Rude_Sparthan on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

great news!!

+ TheGuardianFID on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

SOLD!!! :D

+ Kirkpad on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Super cute trailer! And I second #41.

+ KidCommando on September 23rd, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Awesome post and replies!

Awesome price!