PS4 - Destiny

The Last Guardian: Interview and New Video

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 23, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Short and sweet: Just shown at the end of a media event for White Knight Chronicles, this interview with Team ICO Director and Game Designer Fumito Ueda. Following the Q&A, see some brand new game footage of The Last Guardian. The video does fade to black, before coming back up so be patient! Enjoy!

We’ll have an in-depth interview with Ueda-san later from the show!

130 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ tagout on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:00 pm said:

First!

+ tagout on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:00 pm said:

Remastered version of Ico and Shadow of The Colossus coming soon? Pretty please?

+ Patriot_Infinity on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

I wonder how this will tie in with the previous Team Ico games story wise.

+ the_gogo_bat on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

Remastered version of Ico and Shadows of The Colossus plus Last Guardian Demo please!

+ the_gogo_bat on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

don’t forget to add a Last Guardian Demo to the Remastered version of Ico and Shadow! *dreams*

+ the_Hedgehog on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

Looks really great! The creature is very detailed and using the tail as a way to move around sounds like an awesome gameplay element. Keep up the good work!

+ angelspawn77 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:04 pm said:

def looking forward to this game! just finished shadow of the colossus about 3 weeks ago, loved it. I hope theres more new details and things soon on this game!

+ Razeluxe on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

the game looks great! Keep it up!!

+ Destiny89 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

Awesome! i cant wait!

+ Rude_Sparthan on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

..I love this man… it’s a real artist.. genius! thx! ;)

+ Rude_Sparthan on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

I love this man.. he’s a real artist.. genius! thx ;)

+ the_miyamoto on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

Game looks brilliant…..can’t wait ’till it releases!

+ RSX-0806 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

Is it just me or does anyone else love the music from these trailers? The music made the first trailer breath taking, to me atleast.

+ eNriqueLeGrand on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

It’s just beautiful.

+ MarinoBrea on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

So pretty…my precious.

+ Heavenly_king on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

Looks beautiful. I would also like that Sony releases “ICO COLLECTION” PLEASE!!!

+ kandal978 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:27 pm said:

Awesome-arrific

+ xaixa on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:30 pm said:

I havn’t played either one of the last 2 games but this one i think i’m gonna get. For some reason that little water effect has me very interested. its the realest water effect i have seen yet…

+ stlthriot on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:32 pm said:

Looks absolutely amazing!! :D

+ Vidarcr on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

stunning!!!!!

+ AceNet2 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

Thank you Jeff!! I am so dying to play The Last Guardian. Please keep the info coming, we all know how secretive Ueda is. Maybe you could set up an Eye interview with him?

I too, would like to see an ICO collection. I already own both games but I’d definitely but it in a heartbeat.

+ Senju_Karim on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

Awesome so looking forward to The Last Guardian! Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remastered isn’t a bad idea either!

Jeff time to attack SE and get that new FFXIII trailer! That 250 GB FFXIII (White) PS3 is itching me to import!

+ AceNet2 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

:edit: “buy it in a heartbeat” of course.

+ D-Squad3 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:37 pm said:

Team ICO!!!

+ Senju_Karim on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

Awesome so looking forward to The Last Guardian. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remastered isn’t a bad idea either.

Jeff time to attack SE and get that new FFXIII trailer for us! That 250GB, White FFXIII edition PS3 is itching me to import!

+ Rinaldus91 on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

No worries Ueda, I’ve already gotten my reserve down on the game. Simply cannot wait for The Last Guardian.

+ Crotin on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:47 pm said:

lol I like how the kid is holding on while the creature is shaking his head

+ Crotin on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:48 pm said:

lol I like how the kid is holding on while the creature is shaking its head

+ Cerberus_Hunter on September 23rd, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

*bows down*

Ueda-san is the man

+ Edd on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

This game looks beautiful, really looking forward to hearing more about it.

What did you think of sony’s showing and announcements Jeff?

+ maruchan27six on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:15 pm said:

One more yay vote for Remastered ICO/Nico PS3 version plus Trico Demo.Make it happen!

+ B-RadGfromOV on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:19 pm said:

I second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth that vote for remastered versions. They had the right idea with GoW 1 and 2 definitely.

+ Panipal2005 on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

A remastered Ico/Shadow of the Colossus for the PS3 needs to happen! Preferably the EU versions that have extras the US versions lack.

+ JumpMan33 on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

I <3 Team Ico's games

I can't wait for TLG!!

+ arakouftaian on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

beutiful TLG sould be buy or play by anyone with a ps3, please sony ueda give us ICO and SOTC on hd in a blu disc juts like GOW is doing, with a demo of TLG will be more welcome

+ arakouftaian on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:29 pm said:

lol everybody is asking forthe same thing a hd vertion of ico and sotc with a demo of tlg , im sure we are not the only ones who want this im sure they are many others please jef help to make this happen!!!

+ midnightshade on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:32 pm said:

When , why is there only 34 comments on this, his games are legendary , people!! I swear I am sick of cod and shooters its refreshing to see that Sony can still bring variety and stick to its roots by supporting Fumito Ueda. I can’t wait for this Demon souls(my 2nd copy.lol..its that good!), gow3, white knight chronicles, yeah non of them frat boy shooters… Hopefully this game gets released next year and people buy it, as we need more like this and less milkage like cod4 ep2. Also please please please remaster ico and shadow of c like the gow treatment you will have instant profits, guaranteed and happy loyal supporting fans!

+ Panipal2005 on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

Come to think to it, you should have the option to turn trophy notifications off (not trophies themselves tho) in a firmware update sometime before TLG comes out…no-one’ll want to have those trophy pop-ups breaking their immersion in this game.

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

EPIC! I want The Last Guardian so bad!

Please Sony, consider a blu-ray re-release of ICO & Shadow Of The Colossus. ICO is not sold in retail anymore and since people consider it “rare” they are way overpricing it online. Please re-release that game so more gamers are able to experience that masterpiece.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:49 pm said:

Jeff I could kiss you right now, thank you thank you thank you, this game will be a masterpiece, beautiful, absolutely gorgeous!!! :D

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:57 pm said:

Can’t wait for it.

+ Dominican-Glory on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:58 pm said:

I want Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to get the God of War Collection treatment. If you agree with me copy and paste this.

Loving TLG

+ Mobius_124 on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:58 pm said:

i cant wait for this game.

Hey Jeff, is it possible to ask the GT5 devs if the game will include weather and night racing?

+ Dominican-Glory on September 23rd, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

I want Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to receive the God of War Collection treatment for Ps3. If you agree copy and paste this.

+ WackyWeedCreed on September 24th, 2009 at 12:00 am said:

YES! MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME THIS GENERATION!

Thanks so much PSblog!
XD

+ tyleroWnsU on September 24th, 2009 at 12:01 am said:

Ueda i don’t know if you are reading this but can i please have your autograph!! Please… You’re games have such an amazing an art form. I know it probably wont happen but please. I love your games they are so magical and incredible. Hi Gaf.

+ RavageHeitaro on September 24th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

Remastered version of Ico and Shadow of The Colossus with trophies PLEASE!! :D

+ DirjelJunshin on September 24th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

Yo, The Las’ G looks TIGHT. I’m totally stoked, brah!

+ RavageHeitaro on September 24th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

In this age of shooters, Ueda-san’s work is a sight for sore eye :)

Can’t wait for this epic masterpiece!

+ Stanpy on September 24th, 2009 at 12:19 am said:

Thanks for the translation very apreciated

PAGE 1 2 3