Final Fantasy XV

Sep 23

Sep 23

The Last Guardian: Interview and New Video

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Short and sweet: Just shown at the end of a media event for White Knight Chronicles, this interview with Team ICO Director and Game Designer Fumito Ueda. Following the Q&A, see some brand new game footage of The Last Guardian. The video does fade to black, before coming back up so be patient! Enjoy!

We’ll have an in-depth interview with Ueda-san later from the show!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

cleversignin said:

September 24th, 9:32 am

Another vote for a remastered/maybe trophy added release of ICO and SotC. I Imagine they have their hands full with tLG though so if it is a choice between polishing tLG and ICO/SotC rerelease then I understand…

possumwilly said:

September 24th, 9:37 am

YES Thank you for the mini-documentary, always good to see Famito Ueda at work!

Onna76_NL said:

September 24th, 10:12 am

Okay guys keep m coming, we want ICO / SoT collection!!! The more people that respond, the sooner they may consider releasing it!!

MarinoBrea said:

September 24th, 10:46 am

I WANT MY FUMITO UEDA INTERVIEW!

Airwalkinman17 said:

September 24th, 11:35 am

This and GOW3 are my most anticipated games of 2010! The Last guardian is going to be INCREDIBLE.

tony_motta said:

September 24th, 11:50 am

! >_< !

StaticFox said:

September 24th, 11:52 am

beautiful =)

DGjake said:

September 24th, 12:29 pm

Fumito Ueda will you marry me?

FireDragonGod said:

September 24th, 1:08 pm

Epic
This Is A Must Buy Game

Trieloth said:

September 24th, 1:36 pm

Wow, this is gonna be a truly epic game! Cant wait for it to come out!

Trieloth said:

September 24th, 1:40 pm

Wow the game is coming along really good. I already reserved it and Iam waiting in line :)

barnaclejoe said:

September 24th, 1:58 pm

This is… without a doubt.. my MOST anticipated game that has been announced.

I CANNOT wait!

plaztiksyke said:

September 24th, 2:26 pm

I, too, want to put in my vote for a Remastered version of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Those games looked good, but suffered from the flat-looking palettized texture issues that plagued most PS2 titles. It would be great for the games to be remastered with some of the textures upgraded to 16bpp, with some bump/lightmap shaders sprinkled in a few key places. Oh, and lossless audio! Updating a few of the model details (hair and cloth, especially) would also be cool.

If Uncharted 2’s leap forward in pushing PS3 hardware is any indicator, this looks to be another must-buy for the PS3. I hope they get accurate, detailed collision detection and physics on the clothing, hair, and feathers nailed down better before they ship :)

CloudStorm87 said:

September 24th, 2:28 pm

I’m absolutely looking forward to it Ueda-san :)

Dennie said:

September 24th, 2:45 pm

The next Hideo Kojima?

jj_spaceman said:

September 24th, 2:51 pm

Would definitely grab a Shadow/Ico collection if it game out for the PS3. Never had a chance to play Ico but would love the opportunity, and I absolutely loved Shadow of the Colossus. Definitely grabbing this one when it comes out.

HustlnDeath76 said:

September 24th, 5:04 pm

This game looks amazing…I beat Ico and Shsdow of the Colossus…I can’t wait to play this!

crustySox said:

September 24th, 5:17 pm

Someone clean me up….it streched out and itched its self ….cannot wait.

skinnynerd03 said:

September 24th, 6:35 pm

if Sony follows the same suit for what they did with God of War 1 & 2 with the GOW3 demo for PS3..exactly the same for Ico, SOTC and a TLG demo, that would be KICKASS!!!!..

i loved Ico and SOTC but never had a chance to buy them, they were really rare to come by. :(

press-play said:

September 24th, 6:56 pm

I love Team ICO games. Their games are very immersive. You feel like you’re in the game world and you feel connected to the character. Every aspect of their games are excellent, whether it’s story, gameplay, graphic style, you name it. Well, the only bad thing I can think of is you want to play more after you’re done with the game. You don’t want it to ever end. Definitely buying The Last Guardian on day one.

First time seeing Fumito Ueda. He looks young. Good to finally put a face to a famous name.

ShadOforce said:

September 24th, 7:10 pm

Ueda > Kojima

Sponge-worthy said:

September 24th, 7:29 pm

I must second the motion to release a remastered Ico/SotC pack ;)

Isomelos said:

September 24th, 7:30 pm

There is just nothing like these masterpieces. They are just as amazing to look at as they are to play.

Antihero951 said:

September 24th, 9:51 pm

There is NO WAY xbox can come close to making a game as gorgeous as this. EVER! Keep up the great work SONY!

Sven_Viking said:

September 25th, 2:47 am

Remastered version of Ico and Shadow of The Colossus please!

lmike1234 said:

September 25th, 4:13 am

The game looks sick. Played the previous 2 games, they are sick too..

Sven_Viking said:

September 25th, 8:25 pm

“Hydrus” mentioned this quote from a Joystiq interview, by the way:

——————————-
Joystiq: Many gamers may have missed Ico or Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. Do you, or Sony, have any plans to reintroduce those games on the PS3?

Ueda: There isn’t any concrete activity on that, but I do have a great interest in it.
——————————-

So it seems that it is a possibility.

Rogueagent01 said:

September 26th, 6:15 pm

Team ICO, I thank you for tirelessly working on these games over the years. Seeing games like this is the reason I still play games 25 years later. Contrary to most releases there are still highly creative people out there that can change the way you view things, and use are amongst that very elite group. The way use make your games is the foundation of why I argue that games are art.

I can’t wait to get this and though I haven’t seen anything about a release date I am willing to wait however long it takes for use to perfect this title.

xenorevlis said:

September 28th, 5:16 pm

PLEASE, add me to the list of people who WILL buy a Team Ico Collection of the games remastered in HD 60fps with a demo of The Last Guardian or at least a preview / special feature. MAKE IT HAPPEN SONY :)

hobbit_010 said:

September 28th, 8:02 pm

can’t wait for this game

PAGE 1 2 3