No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet: Sack it to Me – The “Lots of Videos, Corrections, and FREE DLC” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 25, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Forgive us for the second Sack it to Me this week, but we’re getting back on the Friday schedule and wanted to start fresh today. This week we have a ton of videos so we hope you’re in the ‘watching’ mood:

TIPS GALORE!!!

With a new batch of gamers getting the Game of the Year Edition and getting their feet wet into LBP‘s create tools, Mm just introduced a new Tips video on their site to help you maintain your Thermometer:

And for those of you that missed it, here are links to the previous two tips videos:

Switches

Survival Challenges

COMMUNITY LEVELS!!!

First off, apologies to a few people for miscredits on Monday’s SITM:

– PSN ID: CuzFeeshe deserves proper credit for his brilliant level highlighted on the last post – If you haven’t checked out “Destiny!” yet, do so now.

– Also, last Monday’s level highlights were provided by our community at LBPCentral! Thanks again guys for Monday’s (and now today’s new) levels.

This week’s levels come from our friends at LBPForum.net.

Lightbringer by Trindall

“Lightbringer! a wonderous adventure level set in a bygone epoch. From the moment you wash up on the strange haunting shore, right through to your final confrontation with the Nemisis that has ravaged this once picturesque land, you will be enthralled and intrigued. Great atmospheric design, evocative inspiring dialogue combined with accessible puzzles and a unique gameplay mechanism wherein you advance by relaying the light to combat the forces of darkness and desolation….this level will stay with you forever.” – EnochRoot.

Lightbringer part 1.

Lightbringer part 2 and part 3.

PS3 GAME OF THE YEAR – USER SPOTLIGHT

Now that the Game of the Year Edition is available, many of you are discovering the amazing levels that are created and shared by users just like you. Over the past few weeks, we spent some time with a few of the users (whose levels are featured in the GOTY edition) and wanted to start spotlighting them. Here’s the first:

Thanks Tony (for both the level and the interview time)

LBP PSP UPDATES

SACKBOY IN THE NEWS!

TGS 2009:

GOT FREE DLC???

Our friends at Sony Wonder are celebrating the launch of their new website highlighting hundreds of entertainment options including new movie trailers, info on the latest Blu-ray and DVD releases and fun games and activities for the whole family. As part of the celebration, they’re giving away FREE voucher codes for the LittleBigPlanet Norse Mythology Pack.

LBP Sony Wonder

When you get a chance, check out what’s new over at Sony Wonder and get your hands on some new Sackboy Costumes. Sorry World, these codes only work on the North American PlayStation Store (US + CA).

Enjoy!!!

ATTN: North American WATER BETA PARTICIPANTS

Finally, for all you lucky North Americans that were accepted into the Online Water Beta and eagerly waiting for your invite….check your mailbox early next week, we had to settle a few technical issues, but its sorted out and we can’t wait for your participation.

+ ixnine on September 25th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

I love you guys, Mm. And even if I don’t get into the water beta, I still love you guys. Thanks for all of the updates.

+ Grouken on September 25th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

Just get a new code, because if you put your wrong code in the web Account Manager it tell you that the code was used many times.

+ NeoUltima on September 25th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

Thanks for free DLC :)

+ Ryuuchi10 on September 25th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

Thank you Sony Wonders and everyone who is involved with the game LittleBigPlanet. Keep up the good work and I can’t wait for the water feature. Btw, will the water DLC thing be free for us. Like an upgrade thing?

+ LeoDaLyon on September 25th, 2009 at 9:24 pm said:

@ TiberNull – Thanks for the tip! This worked on the first try!

Anyone, who’s code isn’t working, delete the cookies from your browsing history and try redeeming the code again. It will give you a new code! Hope this helps!

@ Mark Valledor – Post this method as an update to the blog post. I know you was looking for a solution, there it is!

+ KILLZONE79 on September 25th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

as of 11:32pm centeral time here
the code doesnt work for me

+ Demonhunter84 on September 25th, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

Codes seemed to be unable to go through or no longer validated. I had to go through two codes but it would give me an error message when agreeing to download it. Just download it a few minutes ago with no problems.

+ Minck on September 25th, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

DLC isn’t working for me either, This happened to me earlier this week with a free TV show code sent to me from SONY but I just assumed that it didn’t work for me because there is no video store in Canada yet. But the codes of the LBP aren’t working for me either.

+ phinnv8 on September 25th, 2009 at 11:37 pm said:

It would be nice to hear an update on the Water add-on.

+ Ja_mestheGreat on September 25th, 2009 at 11:46 pm said:

Sweet! Free is good.

+ solo013 on September 26th, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

This is awesome. I’ve been debating on getting this dlc pack for lbp. I’m glad I waited now.

+ Deadlyelder on September 26th, 2009 at 1:29 am said:

Recieved my copy of LBP Game of Year Edition yesterday; and I must say that despite being a hardcore gamers I found myself very much impressed by the sheer number of Packs/Add ons and even the User created contents in the game. And the latest pack of Water also had me intrested and eagerly waiting for it.
Thanx for the free DLC and wish to see more innovative packs in future.

+ sboun on September 26th, 2009 at 2:35 am said:

thanks for the DLC

+ LordElite on September 26th, 2009 at 2:56 am said:

Very nice. LBP is one of my favourite games this gen.

On a slightly unrelated topic, can we have a Team ICO collection for PS3? Ueda-san asked us to pester you about that.

+ my_katamari on September 26th, 2009 at 3:56 am said:

Swwet!! I got TWO codes, i clicked on that code like 4 times so it would open 2 windows and I got TWO differnt codes!!!!

+ my_katamari on September 26th, 2009 at 3:57 am said:

More computers you do this with = get more codes

+ LadyCroft75 on September 26th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

My code don’t work :(
Why?

+ Carl-G on September 26th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

I think the code only work on the US LBP discs?
I tried it for my Euro/UK LBP game and it won’t work. Shame :-(

+ LadyCroft75 on September 26th, 2009 at 6:28 am said:

I’m sad… Like I am sad… :Cry: :'(
Are you sure Carl-G? :(

+ Mind_tricK on September 26th, 2009 at 6:33 am said:

Third code was a charm! Thanks for the free stuff!

+ Army_of_Lefty on September 26th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

Congrats on the free mythology packs man! and also quick question, will there be a system to who gets in the beta for water or is it just random? or better yet everyone in the LBP universe in?

+ Tarheel_Mark on September 26th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

From what I’ve seen when you get the code you have to use it as soon as you get it. The first two I tried didn’t work, but I wasn’t able to try them them until a couple of hours after writing them down. The third I tried immediately and it worked fine.

+ SithlordDK on September 26th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

Is there ever going to be a Videorecording feature for LBP (like the youtube stuff in PixelJunk Eden and Noby Noby Boy) ?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 26th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

@#50: great idea, it would be great if it had the MM picks, sorted by date or something

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 26th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

Thanks for the free DLC, I’ll try to redeem my code when I get home

+ alitar13 on September 26th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Third time was a charm for me. And I am in Canada, so this is not US only.

+ DaBrowny951 on September 26th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

code is DEFINETLY NOT WORKIN for me. ive tried it many times. is there a way i could get a code that works or for my existing code to b fixed?

+ mgsfoxhound2 on September 26th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Thanks for free DLC!!!! FREE is always in!
Thanks SONY and MM

+ GTP_iggy_ogg on September 26th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

my code does not work

+ Kirkpad on September 26th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

I got 2 codes yesterday somehow, they don’t work.

+ odd69 on September 26th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Hey MM
My code worked on the first try, thanks so much. Gotta get back to working on my levels!!!

+ odd69 on September 26th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

My codes worked first try.

+ twooh on September 26th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

So, you guys screw the originals buyers out of all that DLC that comes with the goty.

Mm “Lets just release a free costumes pack and they’ll forget we screwed them”

Good job, but I know what you did there.

+ shrimpdude on September 26th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Says no longer valid. =\

+ twooh on September 26th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

@ 131

Sure doesn’t. I tried it twice.

Good job again Mm for screwing us loyal day one buyers.

I bet I don’t buy anymore Mm games.

+ twooh on September 26th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

@ 131

Sure don’t. I tried it 2 times.

Good job again Mm for screwing us day one launch buyers.

I bet I don’t buy another Mm game – EVER.

+ KINGof210 on September 26th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

My code does not work, either.

+ linebeginstoblur on September 26th, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

Wow, after over two hours of trying and trying and five codes, I finally got one to work.

If you ever do this kind of thing again, please try to make it a bit less of a nightmare. It wasn’t free after all; I didn’t pay with money, but I sure paid with my time.

+ LaCoMBo78 on September 26th, 2009 at 10:54 pm said:

been through 7 and still nothing… so much for the FREE part. still fun though

+ doublepower on September 27th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Third time was the charm for me! Thank you Sony for giving me a free DLC for my newly purchased Little Big Planet GOTY! I can’t believe I haven’t bought this game before, but it looks like my wait was worth it!

+ Cheetoking99 on September 27th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

I think there should be more Final Fantasy outfits. I would like Cloud, for sure. Including there weapons would be awesome. Buster blade rox.

+ BOB8489 on September 27th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

neithor of my 2 codes work

+ bowkerman on September 27th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

the 2nd code i got works but it gets an error rather than downloading the content….

+ Zonified on September 27th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

I keep trying but I always get the same code that doesn’t work… :(

+ DonArmageddon on September 27th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

My code worked just fine. Crossing my fingers for a Water invite…

+ bowkerman on September 27th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

I’m getting error number 80023102 when I go to confirm the download.

+ bowkerman on September 27th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

I also like that someone gets paid to reply to us and there have been 5 responses to 143 comment, but then again all the comments are “my code doesn’t work” or “thanks I like free”….. so i guess my complaint on this matter is dull and I should stop typing now…

+ DarthShadow-PR on September 27th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

My code does not work. It says is not correct or not valid. Does this still works?

+ boredpnoy on September 27th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

oooo it worked juss clear cookies and try again i got it on my second try

+ Army_of_Lefty on September 27th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

tried the voucher code.. no luck