No Man's Sky

Get a Sneak Peek of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves on the Big Screen!

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Sep 25, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

UPDATE: All VIP tickets are gone for the October 5 events. But you can still purchase tickets for the October 6 events! Click on the links for each of the cities below to purchase tickets, or contact the theaters directly to secure a spot.

We first announced the special UNCHARTED 2 cinema events a couple weeks back, and since then, you’ve been asking us for details. Well, the time has officially come. If you are lucky enough to live near the Chicago, LA, San Francisco, or Seattle areas, you and a guest have the chance to get down with UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves on the big screen before the game releases (you must provide your own transportation)!

UNCHARTED 2 Cinema Invite

The date is Monday, October 5, 2009. We’ll have food, an on-site tournament for a chance to compete for prizes, and the opportunity to meet the talented team from Naughty Dog. And best of all, a giant theater screen to see (and a chance to play) UNCHARTED 2 in big-screen glory. This is a very special event, and space is limited.

If you can make it, all you have to do is click on the link for your city below. We only have 50 slots (plus a guest) per city, and RSVP is first come, first serve! So what are you waiting for?

And if you can’t make this October 5th event, contact these same theaters for the Tuesday, October 6th UNCHARTED 2 event. Tickets might still be available!

Get all the official details here.

138 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ aliendude5300 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

I really wish I could try it out, will there be anything coming up near Pennsylvania?

+ SPOPS on September 25th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Nothing in Florida :(

+ Microshock on September 25th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

I seriously though you guys would do something in NYC, being that its a great place to do something like this.

Seems like there will be a lot of disappointed people mostly because they dont live around there

+ Aggie_CEO on September 25th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

North Carolina is always left out….blast…lol…I’m shocked their is no NYC, ATL, or Anywhere in Florida

+ tagout on September 25th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

There’s a Sony Store in Manhattan, why not take advantage of it and host an event there?

+ memberop on September 25th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

A tournament, a chance to see it on the big
screen before release, a chance to win UC:
fortune hunter edition, and meeting the
Naughty Dog team.

Awesomeness overload!

*Head explodes*

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on September 25th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Just try to keep your head from exploding until AFTER the event :-)

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

im jealous

+ Tr3p1dat10n on September 25th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

nothing in idaho? :(

+ ATLRoAcH on September 25th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

You guys should do something in Atlanta sometime. Keep it in mind.

+ JaKhris on September 25th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Nothing in Lyon, France?

Whaaaat?! It’s a longshot, I know. =D

I’d love the Fortune Hunter Edition, for starters, but…no love for the old continent, sadly.

+ UNCyrus on September 25th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

North Carolina??? Swing and a miss… Oh well, I still have my application on The Tester that’s still going strong

+ WestSiide on September 25th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

sounds cool. thousand oaks is about 1 hour away from me.. too far.

+ jonesoda on September 25th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

What about the Canadians, EH?

+ jonesoda on September 25th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

What about the Canadians EH?

+ TakiFuGu on September 25th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

WHAT? No New York City? Come on guys.

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 25th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

For Canadians I’ve managed to just now set up 30 chairs in the backyard and a huge, I mean HUGE, bedspread hanging from the clothesline.

Any and all are invited to my Uncharted 2 Among Thieves Shadow Puppet Cinema event. We have Beaver Tails, 5% Beer and will open the show with the singing of Ode to Wayne Gretzky.

I’ve shot off a twitter to Kyle Moffat to see if he can show up too.

Any and all welcome.

+ BigBoss712 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Wish I could go but all are far, btw any news on the Uncharted fortune hunter edition? waiting for the update on how to get it.

+ angelspawn77 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

nothing in vegas? nooooo! why!!!!???? Its vegas guys, VEGAS

+ KoRn555 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

when you say “tickets” do you have to pay to get into event?

+ dreu81 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

yeah cmon where’s the east coast love? haha

+ BlooodyCow on September 25th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

as usually, NYC get left out of anything to do with Sony and the blog.
Why does the blog hate NYC? We have Anime Fest this weekend in NYC. We had Comic Con a few months back in NYC and no PSBlog event neither.

+ Qmoney88 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

already registered, bring it im bout to take home that fortune hunter edition, its MINE!!!!

+ halebound00 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Just wondering……why isn’t this also happening in the Home theater? This is exactly the kind of thing I thought they’d use it for. Millions of PS3 owners would like to see this. Hundreds of millions, even (I think you get the point). It would be awesome and would certainly get those who seldom log in to Home to do so. Just my .02.

+ Vabor on September 25th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Signed up and happy as ever. Can’t wait to see it in 4K glory :)

+ gaara_uchiha90 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Got my ticket! I’m going to the one in LA, heck yea. Hopefully I make it in time to go in. I would be really upset if I drove for an hour and they deny me entry, lol >_<! Can't freaking wait.

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 25th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

@23 as with anything SONY its probably a licensing issue.

+ rafifan on September 25th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Woohoo got my ticket for Seattle!! Can’t wait to win the Fortune Hunter edition…

+ blindeye0 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

YYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
I am crazy excited about this right now! I can’t wait! Thousand Oaks, here I come.

+ iroxley on September 25th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Thank you so much! I’ll be there at the MUVICO :) I’ve been waiting for a long time to get to play this, but I’m afraid I won’t have any practice/experience for the (probably multiplayer) tournament!! XP Oh well, it’ll still be an awesome experience to get to play a bit of it on the big screen and meet the talent who put it all together! :D

+ Bioman20 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

How come these things never happen in Nova Scotia?l:(

+ likedatkilla on September 25th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

um who cares, why don’t you guys just announce, at least 2-4 ps3 slim 250gb bundle in the us and gran turismo U.S. release date.
Who the HELL is your sales manger of what ever.
Tell him or she that your doing a BAD JOB!!!!!!!!!!
SCEE=good
SCEJ=good
SCEA=WTF!!!

+ xangbar on September 25th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

sadly i don’t live anywhere near those places. sigh. if i could get out to chicago though… I would definitely go for this. I have been waiting for this game since the first trailer was released.

+ likedatkilla on September 25th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

I WANT VIDZONE, 3 PS3 SLIM 250gb BUNDLE.
Gran Turismo 5 U.S. release date not JAPAN!!
A Modern Warfare 2, 250gb bundle NOW.
Who is your sales manager or what ever.
SCEE=AWESOME
SCEJ=OKAy
SCEA=BOO!!!!!
Come on you guys, sell your consoles at awesome deals that is a must by, do you guys need my advice, I don’t mind helping.

+ Atomika14 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

I got a ticket for me and my wife… Yay!

I added a guest to the ticket signup, but it doesn’t show up on the ticket… I hope she’s on it or I’ll never hear the end of it.

+ Korbei83 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Well given my options, I’ll just wait till Oct. 13.

+ station3fever on September 25th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

I already have front role seats, i see uncharted2 in my sleep lol. While others count sheep; i count 1 Elena, 2 drake hehe is this normal? if not i’m going cuckoo for uncharted :)

+ EVANGELIONx24 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

It’s a SPECIAL EVENT kinda like a movie premiere they’re only gonna have it in a few places. I already registered my brother and I are getting the fortune hunter edition in Chicago

+ rdrusty54 on September 25th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Come on! where is the NY love. Host it in NYC or better yet on long island. I tell you people on the east coast always get the shaft on these things.

+ Totallysane on September 25th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

once again nothing coming to missouri PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO COME TO MISSOURI lots of undiscovered talent out here.

+ Atomika14 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

@36: How are you getting the Fortune Hunter Edition? I want one…

+ Gambit07 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Hell Yea! I got an LA ticket! On the ticket it doesn’t say the name of our guest, is that ok?

+ Gambit07 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Hell Yea! I got an LA ticket!

Our guests name is not on the ticket, will that be ok??

+ EVANGELIONx24 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

@39: We hope to win it lol

@40: Yeah that’s ok only your name will show up on the ticket

+ jazzyrider on September 25th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Registered! Can’t wait to see this!

+ ykiki5 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Just registered for Seattle. Can’t wait!

+ Maluraq on September 25th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Come on up to Toronto!

+ Scodo_Thope on September 25th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

DALLAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ d_dogg2007 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Dam i’m jealous, you guys have to do something like this in montreal or toronto if you don’t feel like translating in french lol

+ AceOfSpades725 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

sounds like fun! and San Francisco isn’t too far away, but i have a monday class at 5-6 so i would be a hour late :/

+ emiru69 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I have the same doubt than Atomika14, I put the name an age of a guest but it doesn’t show up on the ticket, just my name

PAGE 1 2 3