PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Heading Into The Final Stretch: Gran Turismo (PSP) TV Ad Revealed

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar + Posted by Stephanie Yoshimoto on Sep 28, 2009 // Senior Product Marketing Manager

Hello, PlayStation.Blog readers. I’m back with more exciting news about Gran Turismo for PSP, which is launching this Thursday, October 1.

Back on September 17th, I revealed a teaser video. Some of you were quick to figure out that the Corvette ZR1 was set to race Tanner Foust playing Gran Turismo on the PSP riding shotgun.

And I’m excited to announce that our TV ad campaign for Gran Turismo kicks off today, which centers around the Corvette ZR1 vs. PSP racing against each other on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA.

Look for this ad on your favorite TV programming starting today. You still can pre-order Gran Turismo to get one of the exclusive car colors, or get the free in-game add-on car if you buy via PlayStation Network before October 15.

And be sure to check out our newly re-designed Gran Turismo website that launched last week where you can find the latest news, trailers, and content. Watch out for more Gran Turismo news here in the coming days and weeks.

50 Comments

+ IceCold on September 28th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

The sound of that ZR1 is sick.

+ Ftwrthtx on September 28th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

Nice ad. Great Job!

+ DJAzzurro on September 28th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

Great commercial. Great cars. Great engine rev.

Can’t wait.

+ IceCold on September 28th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

Oh regardless of some reviews I will have the game in my collection. It is the first iteration of the GT PSP franchise.

+ MaGeeK-mAn on September 28th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

Sweet!

+ Darkdragon2 on September 28th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Is there going to be a psp go bundle

+ Darkdragon2 on September 28th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Cool

+ pacnyc on September 28th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Don’t have a PSP but games like this are making me seriously consider getting one.

+ Mr_Honda on September 28th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Laguna Seca FTW. I miss going there :(

This is a most awaited addition to my small game collection.

+ NissanFlyboy on September 28th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

I was going to buy it until I found out its only arcade mode :-(

+ Mr_Honda on September 28th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Laguna Seca FTW. I miss going there :(

I can’t wait to add this game to my small collection!

+ Goaliegeek on September 28th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Nice can’t wait to see! Can’t wait till Thursday! Gonna pick it up before I go off to class. no career mode :(

+ Mr_Honda on September 28th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

*facepalm*

Sorry for the duplicate comments. Nothing changed when I submitted the first one >.<

+ cool36-h on September 28th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

sweet ad can’t wait!!!

+ jipmg on September 28th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

I want it so bad

+ Microshock on September 28th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Wow. Your ads are like 50 light years ahead of the previous ones.

+ likedatkilla on September 28th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Hey Stephanie Yoshimoto
Please don’t ignore This message, but please show it to a SCEA Worker like a sales manager or something. PLEASE DON’T IGNORE!!!!!!!
I want to know why don’t people in America or Canada don’t get the psp rewards program. Even better if you guys are making “What ign said”
PlayStation Network Game Cards (voucher codes that allow users to download full PSP games) will be available in stores to give players another method for purchasing content.
Why can’t we go to like best buy, or gamestop where we can trade in our UMDs for PlayStation Network Game Cards.

+ likedatkilla on September 28th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

I also think your Sales manager doesn’t want people to see how good the PlayStation 3 is good.
Why can’t we have a PlayStation 3 250gb bundle in the U.S. like having uncharted 2 another one with modern warfare 2 or with assassin creed 2
You guys can make huge sales with these types of bundles in the U.S.
Just like in Japan at Tokyo Game Show, SCEJ showed of a custom made ps3 250gb with final fantasy XIII on it. Why can’t you guys do the same with Modern Warfare 2. It’s just unfair. It’s like you guys don’t care.

+ likedatkilla on September 28th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

I really want a psp go, since I don’t have a psp anymore, I only have 6 umb games I would like to still have.
Why should I even get a psp go, I might just get a ds or ipod touch, 250 dollars.
I can get a wii for 199 and a game, even better, get myself a 360 pro, an ipod touch, zune hd. Come on 250 dollars, wtf I don’t even get a full game with the psp go, when I can get a psp 3000 for 199 or 169, plus a 19gb ms. I can hack my psp and get free games hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
WOW I’M SO HIGH RIGHT NOW lol :)
Sony use your head, I know you guys just want money like all other companies.

+ jBat17 on September 28th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

anybody else skeptical about this? not sure how well the GT experience will translate on a psp. graphics are for a portable system but when you’ve been playing on a HDTV, this is a downgrade.. man, i wish GTpsp was delayed instead of GT5

is there a demo for this one?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on September 28th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

That was a good commercial, SCEA might finally be getting their act together.

+ LukeinDeidre on September 28th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

Sony IS the next Sega. It’s only a matter of time before the gaming community simply stops supporting these horrible, horrible decisions.

+ NEJI64 on September 28th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

some thing not right, with the PSP version of GT the cars you earn you can use in Gran Turismo 5. what about the people who been playing GT5:P can we use our car garage in GT5.

+ enewtabie on September 28th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

@22..quit trolling. The commercial is good and so is the product.

+ cheater21 on September 28th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Sweet, but i’m suprised that they didn’t have the guy playing the PSPGo

+ datmaddendude on September 28th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

nice…i like the way you combined both races

+ Tyrsis on September 28th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Any comment as to why this game is being panned by reviewers for only being an ‘Arcade’ mode?

+ FE_RR on September 28th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

@ i hate that also…that and the fact that you can not buy certain car wherever you like, “today’s brands” that things is stupid…i will get the game anyways, this is one of the games that made me buy a psp, i can not let it pass

+ bendeboy on September 28th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

UNCHARTED 2 FFFFFUUUUUUU YEEEAAAAEEEERRRR!!

+ DaWolf619 on September 28th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Like others have said, why no Career Mode, all I really wanted was an upgraded version of Gran Turismo 2. I loved the Career Mode in that game and in GT3. I seriously hope GT5 isn’t this way, or like GT5:P. I just want a proper GT Career Mode.

+ Protohype on September 28th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Sweet nontheless, but cut short due to proposed length of ad? I bet there’s more to this video. I can smell it (like Aram Jabbari and his unboxing video).
Woot! I get to play this sucker on the way to Redwoods. I’ll be tempted to keep playing upon arrival, but gotta kill the electronics. There’s always next week… buutt…Demon’s Souls….arrghhh! *head aches and heartbr, wait, whaa*

+ Protohype on September 28th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

*non[e]theless

Sweeettt Ad.

+ Heavenly_king on September 28th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Sony you need to advertise this game like crazy!!! This game will be really good and needs to sell a lot!!!

First day buy :D

+ RocknEv on September 28th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Is this true? No career mode? If so, they have SERIOUSLY missed the boat and lost my support.

+ xiked on September 28th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Please keep the advertisement like this for ever SCE! This is great,fun and provide an informative message, that keeps it around the game. It state an great example in a cleaver way! Show the game and make it all interesting! VERY good, Keep the advertisement like this and I will be a happy customer!

+ Elric_X on September 28th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

@27: A lot of game reviewers are really jaded, IMHO. They always treat PSP games as if they should be comparable to full next gen console titles, instead of portable titles, so they immediately start deducting points at any compromise the designers had to make for the format.

The PSP library is already arguable the most advanced/amazing gaming library a handheld device has ever sported (GTA, Syphon Filter, FF titles, GoW, MGS, EA Sports, et al) and yet reviewers consistently pan just about anything that comes out for it because they insist on comparing the self-contained portable title in the 1.0Gb data range back to DVD released titles on XBOX 360 and PS2 and Blu-Ray titles on PS3.

After enjoying the heck out of R6 Vegas on PSP, which was beaten down by critics comparing it to the spectacular PS3/360 next gen title, I lost all faith in paid www reviewers.

I’m sure GT is completely kick-a** although it is a shame they had to scale some stuff back. Watch, the reviewers will pan LittleBigPlanet PSP for not having on-line mode inspite of the fact that it’s gonna be a massively fun portable game that completely shames ANY other game available on a competing handheld. :-/

+ rbanke on September 28th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Lack of career mode ruins this for me. GT5:P sucked without a career mode and the tuning and all the other fun stuff that went hand in hand with sim racing…But as much as I love sim racers, without the career mode, it all felt boring. No thanks.

+ rbanke on September 28th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

@37, While I agree somewhat with your view, I disagree that a career mode is asking too much, and that is what most of the reviews seem to take issue with. I would prefer 100 cars and a career mode than 800 cars and no career mode.

+ Elric_X on September 28th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

@39: Fair enough. I have not played the game although it *looks* pretty amazing and am old enough to remember when a racing game need only provide racing to be considered good. Personally, I would probably play a game like GT in fits and spurts, so I don’t think a career mode is a hard requirement for me but I agree it may be asking too much for long time fans of the series.

STILL, it irks me to no end how blatantly harsh most reviewers are with some really fun and excellent PSP titles that have no alternative or comparable competition in a portable format on any system!

+ anticulture on September 28th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Five years in the making, and no career mode. No analog inputs to control gas or brakes. No damage.

Sweet.

+ my_katamari on September 28th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

WOW!!! How long did it take to make that commercial and how much!!! SWEET!

+ wbrinkman on September 28th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Very displeased by the fact that GranTurismo 5 is scheduled for march 2010 because they had to first finish work on Gran Turismo for your defunct PSP go.

Can only buy games from the PSN store, price monopoly basicly
Can’t trade in used games
Lackluster title back catalog available on PSN
Pricepoint near the PS3 console

You must be out of your mind to purchase the PSP Go

+ TurismoM3 on September 28th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Still no Pre-Order bonuses for Canada… Come on Sony Canada get your act together. Someone is not doing there job. Very disappointing.

+ Edelsito23 on September 28th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

I can wait more to play tha game xD

+ Edelsito23 on September 28th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

I can wait to play the game xD

+ thepatriots on September 28th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

What happened to that PS3 advert with GT5 Jack Trenton hinted at… hmmm…

Actually considering all the GT5 news of late (if you are in the know) I am good for now. I do not need much more. I now know it WILL be well worth the wait.

+ Grognard66 on September 29th, 2009 at 4:11 am said:

I may have been interested in this 4 years – today it’s just a horribly outdated game that the competition left behind long ago.

+ AlbertPerK21 on September 29th, 2009 at 5:33 am said:

Will not be getting this game as they totally stripped out simulation mode on this version. How come the PSP version gets shafted? :(

+ TwinDad on September 29th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

So SCEA, care to address why Europe is getting a free copy of GT with PSPGo! purchase? They also get a choice of 3 games to choose from for free.

So why do we pay $249 and get no bonus? Right you think we are idiots. (Based on the Sony fanboys on the blog, I think you might be right).

+ INF3RNO132103 on October 1st, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

For the guy wondering about the PSP Go + Gran Turismo Bundle:

If you buy the PSP Go before October 10th, just hop over to the Playstation Store on your new system and download the free Gran Turismo theme. You will then receive a voucher to download Gran Turismo for free.