Far Cry 4

TGS 2009: Download PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe this Thursday!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 28, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

For the rest of the week, we’ll be sharing Tokyo Game Show show-floor interviews in which developers of PlayStation exclusives answer your questions.

When the convention center at Makuhari Messe opened its doors, our first meeting was with Q-Games’ Dylan Cuthbert. As is customary with this Kyoto-based team, every time you see them, they’re showing something new. We’ll be reporting on some new PixelJunk Shooter level reveals soon, but first -PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe is complete and ready to roll out this week (October 1) on PSP.

In this interview featuring new footage, Dylan details the new island, new trap tower, new enemies, and online play.

41 Comments

+ Curtisio on September 28th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Cool beans and BBQ!!!

+ Curtisio on September 28th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Cool beans and BBQ

+ ptrek85 on September 28th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

This Thursday’s PSS update is going to be massive! (at least on the PSP side of it) Any other last minute announcements for the update?

+ xaos on September 28th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Launching a new game on the same day the Go ships and the PS Store asplodes with new PSP content? Gutsy! =)

+ Kodaime on September 28th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

SWEEEET! But how much is it gonna cost?

+ morningdrive on September 28th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

whats the price going to be? $9.99 hopefully! I don’t see why it would cost more since it cost that on The PSN

+ Delriach on September 28th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Cannot wait. We must play!

+ Moosehole on September 28th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Silly Jeff, you ought to know the drill by now…

HOW MUCH $$?

+ len1978 on September 28th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Lets keep these guys from jumping ship, keep them happy!!

+ Appo on September 28th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Looks sweet. :D

+ boudders on September 28th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Any word on the new content coming the PS3 version?

+ NeoGuardian86 on September 28th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

kick ass. definently getting this for my new PSP Go!

Gran Turismo
God of War
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe

God i hope… they have Resistance and Ace Combat for PSP.

+ Brapp347 on September 28th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Looks good!

+ jipmg on September 28th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Oh my god I need money, I want gran turismo psp so bad

+ dragonmagician on September 28th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

This and FieldRunner makes me go tower defense crazy.

+ jipmg on September 28th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

also please release a gran turismo PSP demo

+ InFaMoUs1- on September 28th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

How can you announce a game to be released in 3 days with no price?

*facepalm*

+ Blkant on September 28th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

I was in Japan for a good portion of my summer, I was so tempted to figure out where they were and try making a visit. Kind of regret not trying it :P

+ mailman27 on September 28th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Well, I guess I now know what my 1st download on Thursday will be. Any word on the price?

+ Blkant on September 28th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Im also surprised you didnt sensor about you guys getting drunk :P All the more reason to love the blog :)

+ KidCommando on September 28th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

PJ Monsters is a great game and I am interested in Deluxe. What is the price for this PSP version?

I would like to pick up a PSPgo, but the 250 price point is just WAY too expensive. I still can’t believe a piece of hardware that is smaller, lighter, and removes features from the previous model is more expensive. Anyway, maybe down the line I will reconsider when a worthwhile bundle comes along.

+ SinceByDarren on September 28th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

Well the PSP go has 16GB of internal memory and Bluetooth support. I understand the price point.

+ BigBoss712 on September 28th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Loved the one for the PS3, I will just wait for the news on PJ Shooter.

+ Nick-30 on September 28th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Hey Jeff,

Is there any way you could ask the devolpement team if they could do an update for the ps3 so you can delete trohy games in `my trophies`that you have 0% in.

Also to delete trophy games that you have some trophies in that way if you can`t get 100% in it and your a completionist.

Please reply, thanks.

+ JumpMan33 on September 28th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Looks like a perfect fit for the psp, I can’t wait to play it!

+ HouseMorton on September 28th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

PJM is one of the best games ever! Can’t wait for Shooter (even though I think the name sucks).
As for PJM:D, I don’t trust Sony to hold onto my games for me, I want a physical copy, so I’ll pass for now- but I wish you guys great luck.

+ PSN_Tokeio on September 28th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

@HouseMorton

You’ll buy PJ Shooter but not PJM:D? All because you don’t want Sony to hold onto your games and you want a physical copy? *Boggle*

+ Zezzler on September 28th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

ZOMG!! MY FRIEND AND I LOVE THIS GAME!
i’ve been waiting to play this for3ver! now we can play together online without any hassle! Q-Games/PixelJunk Wins!

+ Pelt_Hunter on September 28th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Wish this column was something to the effect of Pixeljunk Shooter, Dead Nation or (god forbid he say it) Trine releasing this next store update. I’m holding off on Zombie Apocalypse because the very small arena maps and non-upgradeable non-persistent old-school world it lives in. Old school games are great, they were at least. That’s why they still get released on PSN and XBL. However, if you’re going to make a new game, why not make it with new ideas and concepts. Something that feels fresh. Not an old game with a new coat of paint. Plus after seeing Dead Nation footage, I can’t possibly talk myself into spending the $10 on ZA when DN looks this good and has fantastic new gameplay ideas. I would buy Shooter however. Not everyone here owns a PSP. Makes me wish I didn’t sell the two I had. It happened before I bought a PS3…

+ carlosoporto on September 28th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

great! Pixel Junks Monsters is one of my favorite games in my PS3

+ carlosoporto on September 28th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

great! Pixel Junk Monsters is one of my favorite games in PSN

+ SolduNuts on September 28th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

Sony, you guys are making it really hard for me not to buy another PSP (my original launch model was stolen from me). Now if Q Games would make an update for Pixel Junk Monsters Encore on the PS3 I would gladly pay for it. One can dream of more Pixel Junk, oh and I can’t wait for Shooter and the rumored Dungeon games to come out. Thank you for the great games Q Games.

+ pudljumper on September 28th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

hey jeff just to back up the other comment I also want to be able delete games from my trophy list. could you let us know when a new firmware will be available and what the programmers are working on.

+ smokey_vols on September 28th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

You just have to love Dylan, he’s such a cool guy lol.

+ JesseHaysFL on September 28th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

Thank you for more “babies” Mr. Cuthbert.

+ enewtabie on September 28th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

I hope you guys got plenty of backup servers going Thursday. Just another game I’ll have to buy now. Great job.

+ anticulture on September 28th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

What a great game. Dylan Cuthbert and Q-Games are some of the best PlayStation developers out there.

Is it crazy, to dream of a day where the same game releases for PSP and PS3; a co-op environment that allows two players, with two different systems, to enjoy a match together?

This is the perfect opportunity. Though, I doubt we’ll see an update for the PS3 version.

+ remanutd5 on September 28th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

nice Jeff i think im just gonna spend money on first party games , too many games im getting alongside the psp go im getting Motorstorm Arctic Edge , Gran Turismo , Little Big Planet , BUZZ Quiz World , Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe , Jack and Daxter The Lost Frontier and Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 , i’ll wait for reviews on Assassins Creed PSP , wow and im not counting the PS3 games yet lol

+ Keyeszx on September 28th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Why can’t they put Eden on PSP? I’ve played the demo using remote play and it doesn’t really feel like a console game. Seems better fit for PSP or a handheld.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 28th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

How about bringing over the PixelJunk Blu-Ray collection that Asia has to North America, so you stop discriminating against people who want to play this on a disc?

Disc = more sales. Fact.

+ lynel22 on October 4th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

the new psp are better then the old psps