Far Cry 4

Twitter Update: #UNCHARTED 2

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Sep 28, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

So we’ve seen some concern about the frequency of updates for those choosing to use UNCHARTED 2: Among ThievesTwitter support. Some reviewers have had early access to the game and selected the option to update their Twitter accounts as they completed each chapter of the game. This has resulted in some Twitter feeds being updated multiple times an hour. We obviously want to provide the best experience for everybody, so for the time being we’ve disabled Twitter updates on chapter completions. The option will still exist in the menus when the game ships on 10/13, but if activated, it will do nothing. Some time after the game has shipped, we’ll release a patch to reactivate the feature, but with a limit on the frequency of updates.

We’re certainly sorry for any inconvenience, but I guess that’s the risk you run when trying to blaze a new trail in the complicated world of Social Media!

And the 140 character version:

Heard concerns about Twitter chapter updates for UNCHARTED 2. We’ve just disabled it but will patch soon to reactivate with frequency limits

UNCHARTED 2 Twitter update

116 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 29th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

I don’t even use twitter, but definitely want this game. Naughty Dog you rock :)

+ BigBoss712 on September 29th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

I don’t use twitter so no problem.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 29th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

@92

Adding superfluous, annoying features is not polish. It’s called following trends.chart

Uncharted was successful because it was a good *SINGLE* player game, without jumping on the pointless multi-player trend, like UC2 has.

Don’t own a 360, will never, ever use Xbox Live because it’s full of retarded fanboys like you.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 29th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

OH BOY! CAN I USE TWITTER WITH THE DEMO?!

+ ice75_man on September 29th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Ya but are we gonna have to wait for thurs 5PM eastern or so for the download? why say released tues when it actually becomes available thurs night I dont get it :s

+ niceblue77 on September 29th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

wow nice work playstation with this game i see the trailers and i play the first on and finish it and i love the story line they have to make more story like this is just like a movie nice work naughty dog and hope uncharted 2 will be better congret. from nowon to ps3 and naughty dog

+ sscoolChea on September 29th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

@wuggyboodoodoo

Just suck it dude……Bounce

+ puya310 on September 29th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

its coming out in america at 2 eastern time today …

+ Buddyleej on September 29th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Wuggyboodoodoo works for TURN10. Go back to neogaf and troll that some more lol. But anyways…. Good Job Naughty Dog. Twitter is an ok idea but im glad you listen to your community. Cannot say that about other devs.

+ starBlinky01 on September 29th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

naughty dog double posted

+ catrachoboy04 on September 29th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

does anyone know why uncharted 2 beta freezes everytime theres 10 people playing and it works normally when theres less than 10 people?

+ muzzar69 on September 30th, 2009 at 1:40 am said:

first of all thank you so much for such a brilliant game, cant wait till the 15th.
but i must mention the multiplayer demo really needs some fixing.
i hope the final game wont be like this because ever since ive been in the beta (15th of september) every game i enter i get a connection error booting me out.
in total out of playing like 3 hours per day since the 15th ive finished like 20 games.
thats pathetic!
dont mean to sound like a sour puss, but every single game sony has released has been stuffed online and im sick of it.
resistance 2 was stuffed for weeks after release, took ages for insomniac to fix co-op issues.
killzone 2 and those 5021 errors that i still get from time to time.
sony/ND fix it, this is far beyond a joke now.

+ Valentik999 on September 30th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

dooky, pure dooky.

+ RocketSquirrel on September 30th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Honestly, I think the feature’s utterly worthless–all it’s good for is free advertising for Naughty Dog. If I feel like tweeting about U-2, I’ll do it myself.

+ EliteHitokiri on September 30th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

I don’t care about twitter, but I’ll join it 4 that Fortune Hunter Edition! :)

+ YVRBCBudz on October 13th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

I’ve been playing my copy today and set up my twitter info and the game is not tweeting

PAGE 1 2 3