PS4-Watch_Dogs

Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Demo open to all today

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Sep 29, 2009 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

All of us at Naughty Dog are thrilled to announce that the Multiplayer Demo for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves will be available for everyone to download on the PlayStation Store today at 11:00 AM.

If you haven’t had the chance to experience the Multiplayer Demo over the past few weeks, or read much about it, IGN has a great overview they posted of just how much we packed into just under 1.3 GB. In short, the Multiplayer Demo includes four maps, four competitive modes and two co-op modes. That’s two new maps, two new competitive modes and one more co-op mode than our June Multiplayer Beta.

However, throwing in Cinema, the Machinima mode and the special Stage map was one of the things were most looking forward to putting in your hands. UNCHARTED 2 automatically records the gameplay data for your competitive multiplayer matches in any map and gametype. You can then head into Cinema to watch your recorded matches and that’s where the good stuff is – from watching your own replays, taking your own screenshots, making your own videos or even using the Machinima game mode and Stage map to create your own videos.

We invited Machinima.com to come by Naughty Dog a little while back and they walked away with a pretty good overview of our Cinema and Machinima tools in this video.

We look forward to seeing all of your screenshots and video creations throughout the course of this Demo, and of course, when UNCHARTED 2 launches on October 13.

196 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Griffin83 on September 29th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

I used to see all kinds of replies on the PSblog … lately I’ve seen silence (harder to see than you might thing), why so quiet guys … are you shy … do you want a cookie?

A healthy dialogue makes for the the best blog, as my grandmother used to say … so uh .. how bout those events on the 5th and 6th … wait wait …

let me try something …

ECHOOOOOO ….

ECHOOOOOOOOOOOO ….

+ Jody1990 on September 29th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Oh my GOD! It’s AMAZING!!!

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on September 29th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

lol thats great!!!!

+ Thrasher20 on September 29th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Sigh… if only my PS3 still worked. I been out of PS3 comission since the end of August

+ leo8877 on September 29th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

Hey guys, I’ve tried 3 games and each time the system locks up completely when I’m playing a MP match with the demo. Is anyone else having this problem? I have to reboot the PS3 completely to get out of the freeze.

+ LILBUDDY2000 on September 29th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

The BETA was awesome but the DEMO is sooo good I only have one word that can describe it..WOW! Naughty Dog you have done an unbelievable job with this game. It’s my pleasure to donate $70 towards a game that I will probably be playing 2 years from now. You needed to make a great co-op game and you guys nailed it. AWESOME. 15 games in my collect just became irrelevant. lilbuddy.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 29th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

@154

If they had focused on making a good, *single* player game, you wouldn’t have seen this kind of sloppy coding.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 29th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

sweet, i’ll be downloading mine right now as i just got home from work at 6pm centeral time

+ Jonoc33 on September 29th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Wheres the European/Australian demo?

+ lets-be_azn on September 29th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

If i get this game i will have to get 50 psn card so i can get every add- on to this game.

+ ghettoyouth83 on September 29th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Im loving the no gps where the opp. team can see where you are so now you can just run up on some1 and blast him

+ piro_z on September 29th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

pls add rewind feature in cinema mode plz :)

+ afrosheen on September 29th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

*jaw drops*

Naughty Dog just keeps redefining amazing, in so many ways. I am so glad you’re on our side. :)

+ AdoAJ on September 29th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

Hey great game. can u just fix it so that we get the points if there’s a conection problem? thanks

+ Ryuuchi10 on September 29th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Most of my friends online didn’t notice that the demo was up today. So, I had to send a message to all who was online.

Anywho, I thank you for the awesome Uncharted 2 Among Thieves demo.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 29th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Played it, confirmed that this game does *not* need multiplayer. A *waste* of time, effort and money.

+ Einhander138 on September 29th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

Played the demo tonight.

Confirms my suspicions that this game does not need multiplayer.

A bad decision and a waste of time, money and effort.

+ phinnv8 on September 29th, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

Great demo played it for almost 2 hours tonight. It’s pretty tedious joining and waiting for a new game everytime the round ends but at least the load times are fast compared to say, Socom…

Speaking of Socom, with this game I can’t help but wonder what Socom could have been on this graphics engine with this level of polish. It would have been the ultimate :-/

+ t5hero on September 29th, 2009 at 10:52 pm said:

Hey, I just got my PLATINUM!!!! Awesome game. I’m looking forward to Uncharted 2′s crushing mode. Tnx Naughty Dog for the most incredible game ever……

+ muzzar69 on September 30th, 2009 at 1:21 am said:

i hope ND are still working on the servers because this “multiplayer demo” has more bugs than mercenaries 2.
last night it took me 10 minutes to connect to the servers, got a error message and had to waste another 10 connecting.
than i finally got in, spent 10 minutes trying to find a game and load it.
finally got in and BOOM! 6 times in a row as soon as the game started connection error and booted out.
7th time i FINALLY! got into a game, and it was laggy as hell.
i would stand on top of a weapon hit triangle than 10 seconds later i would pick it up.
the enemies kept skipping, one second a enemy is on the other side of the map the next second hes right in frount of me.
ive spent all this week playing MAG and have had not 1 problem.
connection to servers lightning fast
matchmaking lightning fast.
gameplay lag free and connection error free.
uncharted 2 multiplayer demo?
more like uncharted 2 multiplayer alpha.
this is what i would expect from a game year from its release, not 2 weeks from release

+ BAOKAO on September 30th, 2009 at 5:24 am said:

Awesome game. This game show the power of Ps3. I have no words for the graphics….. speechless.

PS3 FTW.

+ killla_that_dude on September 30th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

I downloaded it last night, didn’t play it yet. I’ll play it when I get home.

+ KILLA_KING_007 on September 30th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Played it Loved it Buying it

+ scorpio182 on September 30th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

THANK YOU Naughty Dog for creating a game that is truly a peice of art!!! The gameplay is one of the best ever for me and as a bonus you have created a multiplayer game that i love to play. I am one who cant play FPS much at all but with U2 i can!!!

I’m so glad i picked up Uncharted day one and now awaitinf U2 is existing.

Thank you Sony for investing in these guys. They truly know what they are doing and deserve a lot of credit!!!!

Let get some advertising out there and let even casual gamers what this game is about!!!!

+ DANO69 on September 30th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

SORRY ND…This game should not have a multiplayer aspect. I played this and I can say I won’t be playing multiplayer when it’s released. I will be buying this game but only for the single player portion. I feel you really wasted alot of time on the multiplayer for nothing. SORRY FOLKS

+ DANO69 on September 30th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

OH and I hope there will be a “SINGLE PLAYER” demo soon. That’s all I’ll be interested in.

+ MarinoBrea on September 30th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

I just wanted to say something…

I’M LOVING UNCHARTED 2 MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There.

+ B-RadGfromOV on September 30th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

I can’t connect to any games.

+ THE_AMAROK on September 30th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

OMG!!!! Awesome game!!!! Everyone is talking about this game and everyone totally forgot about the piece of crap ODST!! Only thing I ask is if you can add JUMP SNIPING!! Thats the only complaint everything else is freaking awesome!!!

+ FUCHIPATAS on September 30th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Multiplayer is good fun!
Especially Deathmatch RPG’s on Temple!
Ice Cave and Temple are my favorite Maps.
Plunder is fun as well, haven’t played any of the Co-Op Multiplayer yet.
But, I’m still really looking forward to the Single Player Campaign!

+ xenorevlis on September 30th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

I’d also like to vocalize my thoughts on the multiplayer, since it seems a couple people made the effort to “confirm” stuff.

Well, apologizing to us means nothing, and noticing that no one has responded to those saying it was a waste of money should have flashed a light in your head. The several thousand people still playing it RIGHT NOW is a good indicator of the response.

Connection issues are not bugs, they are CONNECTION issues :P

+ jBat17 on September 30th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

co-op was amazing.. is there a Hard difficulty for it?.. normal is a walk in the park

+ EliteHitokiri on September 30th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Ms Ame Meyer you are awesome! Well done Naughty Dog! Words can not express how much I’m looking forward to this game. I was very nervious at first when I heard this game was going to have mp. I loved the 1st game, it’s one of the few ps3 games I liked and I feared that the mp was going to be an afterthought where devs feel they need to add mp to sell. But words can’t express how wrong those fears were. Now, what must I do to get that Fortune hunters Edition? Pretty Please!? BTW, I primarily game on the xbox360, but I’ve been on my ps3 since the demo. I loved the 1st game and even though I beat it before trophy support I’m doing it again. I’ve been in both Ucharted2 mp demos and have this game ordered at BB and GS and I’d preorder a 3rd if the Fortune Hunter Edition would be sold. I would’ve payed money for the 1st mp beta….words can’t express how great the current demo is! Amazing job, well done Naughty Dog! I don’t know what I must do but you name it and I’ll do it 4 that Fortune Hunters Edition! I see my xbox360 getting very lonely and dusty now…I didn’t think anything could pull me off Gears of War 2…I’m a legit lv100 Veteran Gear 2!

+ laitoukid on September 30th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

how do you win the fortune hunter edition?!

+ WingTrl on September 30th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

Thank you Naughty Dog and Sony I love you so much *tear*

+ l-a-t-h-e-n on September 30th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

awsome i cant wate to download it i am going to invite my budes

+ Luiz_F on September 30th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

anybody knows why I can’t take screenshots on cinema mode? I play on a 480p TV, but the option just doesn’t appear! I want to take screenshots.

+ jj_spaceman on September 30th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

When do we find out more about how to get the special editions?

+ wywern209 on September 30th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Just played the public demo1 it is awesome. i have to do my homework now LOL. but i’ve already pre-ordered it like last week from amazon! shipping on the 19th.

+ xXVyprstrykeXx on October 1st, 2009 at 2:29 am said:

baah I can’t for this game! only game I’m snagging in October : p

+ KingOfThieves on October 1st, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Will there be any DLC for this game unlike the first one?! I sure hope so!

By the way, I still play and love the first game. My number one game on PS3 thus far soon to be replaced by Uncharted 2 :D.

+ LOGic1607 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

WTF!!!! I cant take in game pics, since im running on a standard Tv :(

+ Hideo2007 on October 2nd, 2009 at 3:02 am said:

AWESOME DEMO!!! I will buy the full game when it comes out! B-)

+ WIND_OF_SORROW on October 4th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

what button to chat or talk in the game?

+ WIND_OF_SORROW on October 4th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

how do you chat in game play what button

PAGE 1 2 3 4