No Man's Sky

Digger HD Available Tomorrow on PSN for $9.99

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Sep 30, 2009 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hi everyone! It’s Scott from Creat Studios, back again to announce the launch of yet another PSN title, and ask: “How old-school are you?”

If you’re a fan of classic games, but not so much a fan of tired, ancient graphics, then you’re going to love Digger HD.

Digger HD 1

Creat Studios has reconstructed the timeless 1980s PC hit, Digger, for the 21st century as Digger HD, available October 1st on PlayStation Network for $9.99. The gameplay that everyone loved back when fax machines were considered hi-tech remains intact. All the visuals, however, have been given a better facelift than an aging Hollywood starlet! The environments, sound, animations, music, menus…everything is fully updated to PlayStation 3 standards.

Control the feisty little construction vehicle and burrow your way around the dangerous underground world. Dig through the dirt horizontally and vertically to create paths, collect jewels and coins, avoid crazy monsters and falling bags of gold in single and cooperative multiplayer modes. Maneuver your way around 60 complex levels and find secret, hidden artifacts.

The playful, cutting-edge techno score features original tracks from up-and-coming artists Candie Hank, Gangpol & Mit and GMG. And as a bonus, you can return to those 1980s roots with the Vintage mode that replicates the original Digger’s 8-bit vibe.

For a good throwback experience to the decade of parachute pants, hairspray, VHS tapes and John Hughes movies, you don’t need to dig up a VCR. Download Digger HD, and travel back in time in style!

As always, thanks to all of our fans and customers. We love making games, and we love your feedback. Please let us know how much you enjoy Digger HD.

Digger HD 2

Digger HD 3 Digger HD 4

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Pandareus on September 30th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

I meant “Popcorn”, by Hot Butter. Sorry for the mistake, but it took me forever to find out
a) that it was not from a video game;
b) what it was called.

+ TheNewGuy789 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

As soon as i get the money im going to buy this first thing

+ robertmc8 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

@ Scott I kinda remember digger in the 80s I think been long while. :). Anyway this game sold even if has trophies :) At everyone 10 bucks is a steal for 60 levels maybe they make more levels later on as DLC. @ Everyone just let Trine go. When it comes out it comes out! We have Digger HD to pass us by. So Does this mean NA get Digger HD First before EU? That be first time. :D woot!

+ Trucidation on September 30th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

I don’t see why all these games can’t just have a demo and let you download the small unlock key if you like it.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 30th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

sorry to burst your bubble create studios, but i wont be buying this, i’ll wait until reviews come out first such IGN, gamepro, gamespot, xplay etc

+ KILLZONE79 on September 30th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

hey scott is there going to be a demo for us try before we buy?

+ MGO_Count on September 30th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Wow this looks fun, and I like the music lol.
I”ll try getting it day for sure.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 30th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

sorry to say this create studios but everyone was disapointed in interpol trail of dr.chaos that game was rated 4/10 by game reviewers.

+ XxblitzassaultXx on September 30th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

just one thing why is there no custom soundtrack to everygame??

+ Feiwaltan on September 30th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

Looks sweet, could you guys have a demo for this game out?

+ jose131991 on September 30th, 2009 at 9:29 pm said:

Hey there creat studios, i will just like to say i enjoy your games alot and magic ball was my favorite psn game. i will definitely consider getting this game as well, also u guys said yall r interested in doing more remakes as well so do yall think its possible to remake some classic FPS-titles like DOOM, DUKE NUKEM, SHADOW WARRIOR?

+ DaBargainHunta on September 30th, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

I’m #1 on the arcade leaderboard!!!!!! :D

Granted, that probably won’t last more than a few minutes (someone has likely already dethroned me in the time it took to post this), but it’s still awesome.

Love the game!

+ WormettiUS on September 30th, 2009 at 10:27 pm said:

I loved the original on my XT. It’s great that you got permission from Windmill Software. It would have been nice if you got Andrew Jenner involved (he runs http://www.digger.org).

Is the flickering effect just part of the trailer? That would be annoying in game.

The music in the trailer really burns my ears. I liked the Popcorn tune better.

I logged into my US account and it seems to be available on the store now. I’ll have to wait for the Australian release before I can buy it (no US credit card).

+ DaBargainHunta on September 30th, 2009 at 10:37 pm said:

Photos of my 15 seconds of fame as #1… ;)

+ Inkvisitor on October 1st, 2009 at 3:23 am said:

The best thing to happen since 1983?

Seriously, this is making me very happy. Because the original is pretty much what got me into videogames roughly 25 years ago. For me, this is the tip of nostalgia retro mountain. But I think the gameplay is still valid making this extra special. Really happy to hear you are including the original unfiltered version.

Do we also get “Popcorn” national digger anthem on the original or custom soundtracks for both?

+ onlineatron on October 1st, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

9.99?!

Critter Crunch is 6.99 and that arguably took a lot more effort to make.

+ Keebzerz on October 1st, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

NO DEMO = NO BUY. Hey Sony, go learn a thing or two from XBLA. You’ve had several years now to figure it out.

+ mrkela on October 1st, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

What happened to 1st October release… I cannot find your new game in PlayStation Store?

+ WormettiUS on October 2nd, 2009 at 9:34 pm said:

It’s on the US store. Europe will have to wait until after 8th of October.

+ WormettiUS on October 2nd, 2009 at 9:34 pm said:

Are there any reviews for it yet?

+ Mr_Balls_Johnson on October 4th, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

Byaaaah!! Just played the vintage version…No Popcorn theme music!! Why would that be changed?? Totally detracts from the nostalgia value. I hope some dlc is released to remedy that situation. I want me some Popcorn!!!

+ Ma1nframe on October 6th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

I played Digger on a Zenith 286 or less back in the mid 80′s (I was probably 6 at the time) and my mom and I would play it non stop. As soon as I saw digger HD on the PSN store, I ran out and bought a PSN network card and purchased. This game is so much fun, especially the coop and survival mode, plus trophy support and the VINTAGE MODE brought me back….GREAT game…..WAY TO GO SONY!!! I love this game…

+ Mr_Balls_Johnson on October 8th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Scott, can you please tell me why the “Popcorn” tune was removed from the vintage mode? Was it some copyrights issue? I want to share this game with my family (who fondly remember it from back in the day), but it’s just not the same without that music. Is there any chance of it becoming available as an update?

+ MOBdanmark on October 10th, 2009 at 5:24 am said:

If you want some popcorn track in the game you can just put it on the ps3 and use custom soundtrack… it is available in this game you know.

+ Mr_Balls_Johnson on October 10th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

Yes…I know…

It’s not quite that easy buddy.

First of all, searching for that exact version of Popcorn (especially a high quality mp3) has not yielded any results.

Secondly, when you choose to play a custom soundtrack
via XMB, your song continues to play even after you die or grab the cherry bonus. It overrides the funeral song and the Lone Ranger song, respectfully. At least they kept those sounds from the original.

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Olga Sokolova on October 29th, 2009 at 4:25 am said:

We agree that it\’s very sad not to have that song in the game. But there were copyright problems we were not able to solve.

+ VelNZ on October 13th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Question, is there a level editor included in the new and/or old version of this game? I remember it was always fun designing your own levels to play!

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Olga Sokolova on October 29th, 2009 at 4:24 am said:

There\’s no level editor now. It\’s one of the ideas for future DLCs.

+ Mr_Balls_Johnson on October 13th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Apparently, Scott has left the building. Where’s the service after the sale??

PAGE 1 2 3