PlayStation Vue

Sep 30

Digger HD Available Tomorrow on PSN for $9.99

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by Scott Hyman on Sep 30, 2009 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hi everyone! It’s Scott from Creat Studios, back again to announce the launch of yet another PSN title, and ask: “How old-school are you?”

If you’re a fan of classic games, but not so much a fan of tired, ancient graphics, then you’re going to love Digger HD.

Digger HD 1

Creat Studios has reconstructed the timeless 1980s PC hit, Digger, for the 21st century as Digger HD, available October 1st on PlayStation Network for $9.99. The gameplay that everyone loved back when fax machines were considered hi-tech remains intact. All the visuals, however, have been given a better facelift than an aging Hollywood starlet! The environments, sound, animations, music, menus…everything is fully updated to PlayStation 3 standards.

Control the feisty little construction vehicle and burrow your way around the dangerous underground world. Dig through the dirt horizontally and vertically to create paths, collect jewels and coins, avoid crazy monsters and falling bags of gold in single and cooperative multiplayer modes. Maneuver your way around 60 complex levels and find secret, hidden artifacts.

The playful, cutting-edge techno score features original tracks from up-and-coming artists Candie Hank, Gangpol & Mit and GMG. And as a bonus, you can return to those 1980s roots with the Vintage mode that replicates the original Digger’s 8-bit vibe.

For a good throwback experience to the decade of parachute pants, hairspray, VHS tapes and John Hughes movies, you don’t need to dig up a VCR. Download Digger HD, and travel back in time in style!

As always, thanks to all of our fans and customers. We love making games, and we love your feedback. Please let us know how much you enjoy Digger HD.

Digger HD 2

Digger HD 3 Digger HD 4

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Manifest37 on September 30th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Glad to see an HD remake that isn’t using filters on old content!!!

I will buy this game & all I ask in return is for Creat to consider a side-scroller like bionic commando re-armed BUT with a jump button!!!!

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

We have a whole bunch of ideas for other retro game facelifts. Send your ideas in. We\’re always listening.

+ rk604 on September 30th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Hey Scott just wondering, I am aware that the US Playstation Network usually makes the update around 6PM EST. I am wondering how that will affect launch of the PSPgo, as in some locations consumers would have to wait for it to update before they can purchase the games being launched on October 1. Will Sony be updating it sooner? If so what time will it update? or will we have to wait before we can play games being launched on Oct1?

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Sorry, rk604. That\’s a question for the good people of Sony.

+ ShaggyUSM on September 30th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

$9.99 is kinda steep for a game that was originally on a 4-bit console and DOS computer. <> When are you going to release a $15 version of Q-Bert?!?! JUST KIDDING! Next thing you know PSN really will. PSN needs more games in the $1.99 to $4.99 range.

Everyone should check out Burn Zombie Burn on PSN! That game really is worth $9.99.

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

We thought about asking for 40 quarters and returning one penny, but we can\’t get the coins to fit through the internets.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on September 30th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Good afternoon, Scott. Just wanted to take my chance at one of those many replies you’ve been handing out. How’s the weather? Nice game, by the by. Looks interesting in that classy remake of an original. I might drop for it, perhaps.

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Weather in Boston is cloudy in the 60s, but its ok because the Red Sox clinched the playoffs.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you give Digger HD a try.

+ ShaggyUSM on September 30th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Oh and where are the new AVATARS?… Let me guess, your answer is going to be vague and include the word “soon”.

+ Lemondish on September 30th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

I hope Scott is still around, I have a pretty epic suggestion. Hoe about we get us a Creat Games bundle in the near future? Boom, for one solid price, grab all the Creat Games together for a little cheaper than buying them separately. I may be woefully illprepared to make this following statement, but Creat may very well be one of the stronger developers for PSN today and I love getting folks into their games.

I’d just don’t like having to tell them which ones to get. With a discounted bundle, I can just say all of them!

Also, Mushroom Wars…psblog post pretty please?

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Thanks for the kind words, Lemondish.

All I can say right now is that everything is under consideration.

+ Maitre on September 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Do you guys do any rpg or strategy games ???
i’d love to encourage you guys but i’d rather encourage you by buying a game i’d actually play o_O.

Maybe you guys could ask Hasbro for the Axis and Allies license that would be sick on the psn with a neat matchmaking.

Maybe a remake of the Lufia title that was on the SNES???

Is there a place we can send requests i so many and so much money to spend lol

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Maitre, stay tuned for Mushroom Wars.

I just hope you like your RTS games cute and cuddly!

+ ShaggyUSM on September 30th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Where are the new avatars? I’m guessing your answer will be vague and include the word “soon”. Right?

+ ShaggyUSM on September 30th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

oops lag in posting… I didn’t think the first “avatar” comment posted. My bad.

+ redxcf on September 30th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

I’d like only to mention that Playstation Network is Over-Charging there Games and this is a perfect example of it!!! (9.99$US) for an remix of the 80’s is just too much!! Lowering the prices means more sales and have a higher customer satisfaction. Wake Up!!! Playstation Network people!!!

Pissed off costumer

+ groz24 on September 30th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

If you’re looking for requests, I’d LOVE an adventure type game in the point and click variety.

You guys do great work, keep it up!

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

Thanks so much, groz24. And duly noted about adventure games. Our designers love all types of games, and there\’s been a lot of heated discussion about such genres.

+ nerdmanwhippy on September 30th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Wow. That’s that about all I can say lol. Claiming because a game isn’t on a disc its not worth buying? Some of the best ps3 games I have are network titles. In fact this will be around my 40th title when I pick it up tomorrow.

Your missing out on a lot of gems if you skip psn titles. That being said can’t wait to pick this up tomorrow :D

+ Mikaa1701 on September 30th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Nice to see a retro game, but 9.99? A little steep for this kind of game.

+ DaBargainHunta on September 30th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

This isn’t day one for me, it’s MINUTE one.

If I could French kiss everyone responsible for this game, I would do it!

I loved the hell out of Digger on the PC in the ’80s, and I never, EVER thought I’d see it again in any form.

Now we’re getting both the HD remake AND the original (retro mode).

I love you guys!

Scott Hyman's Avatar

+ Scott Hyman on September 30th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

DBH, I\’m a little hesitant to pass this onto our producer. She\’ll be happy and all, but I think that she\’s married.

But we are all thrilled that you are so excited about Digger. I will pass on your sentiments to the creators of the original, too.

+ JetSetFuture on September 30th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Thanks for answering my question, Scott. That’s great news about the 1080p support! The game looks to be a fun time killer.

+ IcedDice777 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Dude!!! PLEASE remake Shadow Gate or Uninvted!! Pretty please?

+ DaBargainHunta on September 30th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

P.S. People are complaining about the $9.99 price??? Seriously? How cheap are some of you?! You’re getting an HD remake (which means actual WORK was put into this release) AND the retro original. WELL worth a 10-spot to me. Come on, people!

+ Scodo_Thope on September 30th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Multiplayer on the same console?

+ ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

This looks a bit boring, with Fallout 3 DLC coming out I think that’ll be what I’m buying for now, but I’ve never tried any of your games, so may I ask, what games are you creating that has trophies, I’m mostly into sport and action/adventure games, I don’t know if you make those, or even RPG’s, but if you could inform me on any upcoming games of that content, that’d be great.

+ Afreelunch on September 30th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

While you guys are updating classics, let’s see Talking Parrot HD!

+ Jeigh on September 30th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

How many times does it need to be said? All games going forward will have trophies. That was as true six months ago as it is now. All exceptions were released/approved for release before 2009.

When I read “gamplay… remains intact” I couldn’t help thinking “left un-updated because it’s easier that way.” I’m all for reviving the classics (or remodeling old, badly-made games- something you may want to consider) and giving them a modern slant, but when it stops at a paint-job, it gets harder to support.

+ acerazer1 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

I wish I had some money for this. Sadly, in my bank account I have $1.90. I’m accepting donations. Send them to [DELETED]

+ acerazer1 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean for it to autolink, you can delete that moderators. Here’s the revised address: acerazer1[at]theinternet[dot]google[dot]com[dot]net.

Yeah, the joke is dead now. God, I’m an idiot.

+ mcbuttz78 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

this look like dig dug a lil bit.. how mny hours of gameply does this offer. I undertand theres a sound track,, uhm how many hours of music is inthe soundtrack… will this game supoort custom music?? An if its ok to ask??, what future games are you guys making, or what past games have ou guys made so i can write them down or pick them up to play, ty in advance…

+ mcbuttz78 on September 30th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST.. THI A NOTE FR THE COMPLINER OF 9.99$.. BACK WHEN THIS GAME CAME OUT IF I REMEMBER CORRECT IT S WAS 45$.. AS OF TODAY IS LISTED AT 80-100$ AND IS A RARE GEM TO FIND.. o i suggest 9.99$ is a steal>> ou should give to a try as a new school gamr and test your sill at old school games.. its called respect for the games that made the way for games today…

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 30th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

@ Scott,

One question. Will there be In-Game XMB Music support?

+ SpyDudeFX on September 30th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Does it have online co-op? Interpol is a great game, but your original blog said network support and the game is only offline. So what’s up with that?

PAGE 1 2 3