PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Home v1.3 Coming Thursday + New Central Plaza, Neptune Suite and More! – UPDATE

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Sep 30, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

UPDATE: If you’re having trouble logging into Home, please follow these instructions.

We know that all of our Home-peoples have been waiting with bated breath for the newest version of PlayStation Home to launch. You’ve been messaging us on the official PlayStation Home forums and hitting us up in-world for all of the details. You’ve been leaving us comments on our Blog posts and on the official PlayStation Facebook and Twitter accounts. Some of you have even been chartering black helicopters and following us to and from our secret meetings, surveilling our every move, searching for evidence of the launch date. Well okay, maybe there hasn’t been so much of that, but you’ve been eager for info. And that’s why we’re all pumped to announce that PlayStation Home v1.3 will be coming to your PlayStation 3s this Thursday, October 1st.

For those of you who didn’t catch the official announcement of the client update in August, here’s the high-level overview. Home v1.3 equals the following things:

• Universal Game Launching. Come this Thursday, you’ll be able to launch from Home into any game whose disc you have loaded into your PS3. This is how it works: Titles that fully support game launching (like Street Fighter IV, Resistance 2, MotorStorm, and Far Cry 2) will be identified by separate icons that appear over an avatar’s head and will have varying degrees of additional multiplayer functionality built in. Simplified game launching will take you from Home to the start menu of your favorite games with ease. Never again will you have to sign out of Home to play with (or against) your friends. Simply insert the disc of your choice while in Home and follow the on screen directions.
  • In-Store Item Previewing. This feature will allow you to preview items of clothing on your character in 3D (including the ability to check out multiple items simultaneously to see what combinations best suit your taste). You’ll be able to preview all furniture in 3D as well, complete with zoom and rotate options so you can check your potential purchases from all angles.
  • New Emotes and Actions. You can flip a coin with your friends to decide whose apartment to retreat to, or play the old “pick a number between 1 and 100” game to decide who is hosting the next party in Central Plaza. You will also be able to pose your avatar in a variety of ways, adding significantly to your ability to express yourself in-world. Heck, there are even new dances to hit the SingStar Rooms with.
  • More Item Types. Including limited use items (like the brand new Shrink Cake that lets you shrink your avatar to a tiny size) and portable objects (think: Bubble Machine). These will be available shortly after the launch of the client. This list of objects includes a free camera that you can use to snap pictures from either a 1st or 3rd person view. The photos will automatically be saved to the Photo section of the XMB, from which you can then upload to the picture frames you have hanging in your personal spaces. Dates for the camera and other items will be announced very soon, so stay tuned to this blog (and be sure to check the Latest Updates tab in your Menu Pad, under Community).
  • Tons of Improvements. We’ve added some new categories of clothing (composite and outfits) that will allow you to customize your avatar with greater ease. We’ve optimized the targeting system. We’ve fixed a bunch of the bugs you’ve been reporting on the official Home Support forum. We’re even giving you the option to determine your cache size (you can choose from 3, 5, 8, and 12 GB).

Going hand in hand with the v1.3 launch, we here at SCEA will be releasing an updated Central Plaza. We think you’ll find the new World Map Travel Center to be quite handy when it comes to navigating the vast, expansive world of PlayStation Home. This easy-to-use tool will be located right next to the new and improved Listen@Home kiosk, where you can listen to music and participate in community music events. On top of all this, we’ve added leaderboards and rewards to the ever-popular Saucer Pop mini-game and even placed a kiosk in Central Plaza from which you can grab prizes associated with events and a host of other items and content available from the PlayStation Network (in fact, if you check out this kiosk on launch day, you may just find some free items waiting for you). Watch the video below for a sneak peek of some of the new additions to CP.

We probably could’ve stopped there, but we wanted to get as much content to you to celebrate this momentous occasion as we possibly could. If you peep the video below you can get a first look at the new Neptune Suite personal space, also being released this Thursday. In this highly-interactive underwater abode, you can play a variety of built-in mini-games like the multi-player shooter Blast Zone. It even comes with its own pet that interacts with your avatar. And to top it all off, we’re even bringing the popular Hot Shots Golf game space over from Japan for all of you North American fans of this hugely popular franchise. Visit the space this Thursday, participate in our in-world survey, and walk away with a special prize.

See you in Home!

327 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

+ Robert-Ninja on October 1st, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Freezes when ‘Initialising…”

Damn.

+ TWISTED4208 on October 1st, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

If I delete home how will I re-install it?

+ InitialDriveGTR on October 1st, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

@202

The icon for home is permanent in the XMB. just hit the icon and reinstall it

+ DeeperKyo on October 1st, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

@ 202 just click on Home again and it will ask u to install back again

+ Lugoves on October 1st, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Is is just me or are other peeps having trouble getting into Home after the 1.3 Update? I’ve got two different PS3 that after update *Freeze* while initializing …Anyone?

+ InitialDriveGTR on October 1st, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

The home icon is permanent in the XMB. Just hit the icon once it’s deleted and it will re-install.

+ MrTonyB on October 1st, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

HOW do you fully delete PSHome though??

+ TWISTED4208 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

@203 and @204 thank you guys I just didn’t want to delete it and never get it back. thanks again

+ InitialDriveGTR on October 1st, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

You need to reinstall home as the new version needs to re-reserve the harddrive space using the user’s preference.

+ arbrooks on October 1st, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Anyone having a problem with the new update? Everytime I try to log in, it freezes my playstation!

+ odie1049 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

After downloading the update, I was unable to sign in. It keep freezing; this has never happened before this update.

+ TWISTED4208 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

will i lose all my clothes and houses?

+ MrTonyB on October 1st, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

HEY I AM SERIOUS! I deleted Home from games then games data and saved date utility, and it’s still there, am i supposed to delete it anywhere else?

+ rjejr on October 1st, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Yep on the initializing “Freeze”. Tried 3 times – I’m a glutton for punishment – and it froze in the exact same spot all 3 times – loading circle highlighted bottom right.
I considered deleting and reinstalling but I have 1 of those “limited time only” cool face-tree chamber rooms and don’t want to lose it, so much better than the standard room.

+ Raydizzle030487 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

@213

From my understanding, you cannot fully delete HOME from your PS3. It is always there. If I am wrong, then forgive me, lol.

+ MrTonyB on October 1st, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Yeah I meant deleting it from from the HDD? Then to get it to redownload? This is ridiculous!

XBOX NEVER has a problem with their system updates, and if they do they are quicker than this to remedy to problem!

+ sithmathamatiks on October 1st, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

freezing on initializing all day!!! sure sounded like a kool update…

+ samrican on October 1st, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

come on sony! plz fix this.

+ TWISTED4208 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

SONY can you please give us a time frame to when this will be fixed. Thanks!

+ WingTrl on October 1st, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

yo sony your update makes my ps3 freeze

+ WiLL02724 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Don’t delete your game or save data or you risk losing your items and avatars, just hit triangle where Home is on the XMB and select delete. Then hit Install when its finished. DON’T delete anywhere else.

+ rjejr on October 1st, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

thx @221

+ TWISTED4208 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

@221 does this fix the freezing problem? Will home work if I do that?

+ Defoe1988 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

This looks like a good upgrade. But Im having problems logging into Home. Its always freezing up on me before it goes online at the initializing screen. Is anyone else having problems?? thx

+ Defoe1988 on October 1st, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

Ok now I see everyones problems lol…Well I never buy nothing so im delete then reinstall..

+ Defoe1988 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

ok crosses fingers!!! lets hope deleting it will work

+ Defoe1988 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

now reserving the recomedned hdd space

+ Defoe1988 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

WALAH, woohoo it works now…

+ Train1999 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

I’ve tried to look at Home version 1.30 and everytime I tried it will freeze on me as well. I hope this problem will be cleaned up soon.

Thanks,
Train

+ boblinds on October 1st, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Count me among the freeze-ups, too.

And for the posted that asked if we can update millions of consoles without a problem. The answer is, No, I can’t. But Microsoft can, and does, with the Xbox 360, even though that’s a lesser piece of hardware.

To be fair, though, in over a year of PS3 ownership, and a few system software updates, this is the only one that has given me any problem. So Sony’s record is not perfect, but not disastrous, either.

+ MrSniffer on October 1st, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I launched Home and it updated itself to V1.30. I press the X for “connect” and my console locks up with “Initializing” on the screen. Lovely update, Sony.

+ Mercerius on October 1st, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Yep. Can’t get past the “WARNING… accesses HDD automatically” screen. I tried deleting and re-installing it with a bit of reservation and of course the same problem occurred.

I’m not so much angry as I am disappointed. I’m sure we’ll have HOME up and running and we’ll marvel at the new applications. However, I have a feeling I’ll have to re-furnish my Visari Throne Room again, and that was a rather time consuming task. Now if the Personal Space item limit has been raised above 50, then I’m sure to smile.

On a somewhat related note – At least this update isn’t bricking our PS3s as opposed to Nintendo’s recent firmware update on some of their Wiis.

+ Dragnolian on October 1st, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

I also uninstalled and reinstalled and now it works. Didn’t lose any data such as personal spaces, clothing, etc. The only annoying part is every time you enter a different area it has to download the space as if it were the first time. But at least it’s working now.

+ boblinds on October 1st, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

The uninstall and reinstall procedure worked perfectly for me, too. I’ll have to redownload the various areas, of course, but considering my original Home installation was a prerelease installation, I don’t think it’s unreasonable that a fresh install was needed. A bit annoying but not a show stopper. :)

+ Mercerius on October 1st, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Hmm… I’m curious.

To the people who got HOME working:

What version of PS3 do you own?

Myself, I got the 40gb (though I did replace the HDD with a 160gb).

+ SpecDotSign on October 1st, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

The Home update keeps freezing before I can enter home. It doesn’t even start. :(

+ yanksfan216 on October 1st, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

ATTENTION GAMERS

I JUST WANT O CONFIRM THAT THE “USE TRIANGLE TO DELETE, THEN RE-INSTALL” METHOD DOES WORK.

REPEAT, DELETING THEN RE-INSTALLING DOES WORK

+ Mercerius on October 1st, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

yanksfan216: Tried the triangle/delete method 3 times. Still stuck at “Warning” unfortunately.

+ DaOmen999 on October 1st, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

piece of [DELETED], after install starting it up,it locks up on me.

+ rejurg on October 1st, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

I’m frozen too……Maybe its the network? To many people trying to log on crashed it?

+ Bad_Mr_Frosty on October 1st, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

I have downloaded v1.3 but everytime I try to log in it crashes my PS3…any ideas why?

+ Bad_Mr_Frosty on October 1st, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

guess I should read before I type….had to redownload the software…I think there is a bug somewhere in the version update.

+ TOY_BOXX on October 1st, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Sony you need to test the updates before releasing them to the public. It’s not the network causing the problems it’s the patch itself messing up everyone’s experiences. Quality control needs to priority one here.

+ TactedSealx on October 1st, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

i got this update this morning and i think it messed up my whole system…well not all…just home…everytime i go to sign in home everything works…untill ill get to the “Initializing” part thats when it freezes to the point where i have to restart EVERYTHING!!…nott cool ive tried it again n again alott off timess, NOTHING IS WORKINGG!! plz help!

+ Brain115 on October 1st, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

Hey, why does my ps3 freeze when it is initializing home, you seriously need to start testing thses updates.

+ TactedSealx on October 1st, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

WE WANT A RUFUNDD!!!!…lzolzlzlzl jk
but seriously tho i frikken deleted my whole playstation home thingy memories i had cause i thought that was the problem y it was freezing up…butt im guessing nott…and now im also guessing i wont get my items bak as welL…

+ lgjoka2002 on October 1st, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

i downloaded it and it keeps freezing everytime i sign in whats the problem and does any1 else have this problem.please answer back.

+ MrTonyB on October 1st, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Ok so where are the new Avatars? This update was lame and [DELETED]!

+ tman692 on October 1st, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

for me everything loads up fine execept all the new areas like the gaming lounge and central plaza. its been updated and now when they load there is no ambient sound in the background like before. its just dead silence. then when i go to the untouched bowling alley all of the b/g sounds are there. u guys gotta fix this quick with a fast 3.11 or sumthing.

+ MrTonyB on October 1st, 2009 at 9:08 pm said:

OK so where are the NEW AVATARS at?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7