PS4 - Destiny

PSP Firmware Update (v6.10)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 30, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi Everyone,

PSP update (v6.10) will be available soon. This is a big update for us in preparation for the launch of PSPgo. New PSPgo owners should make sure to download the update to ensure full compatibility with MediaGo and with all PSP titles. Here are some of the key features we’ll be introducing:

SensMe

SensMe channels is a new music application for PSP that uses Sony’s proprietary 12 Tone Analysis technology to evaluate music tracks that have been imported from Media Go application on your PC to your PSP. The application automatically categorizes the tracks into 12 channels such as “Relax” or “Newly Added”. Check out the walk-thru demo to see how it works.

Media Go Enhancements

Media Go

In addition, PlayStation Store for the PSP and PSPgo via Media Go (v1.2) will be updated with a new look on Thursday, October 1. To access PlayStation Store, you need to download Media Go (or update Media Go if you already have it). Media Go is a free PC software application that allows you to easily organize and transfer music, photos and videos between your PC and PSP. It also allows you to access PlayStation Store and to purchase, backup and restore PSP games. Of course, you can always access PlayStation Store directly on the PSP and PSPgo by connecting to a wireless hot spot and simply logging in with your PlayStation Network ID. But for those of you who prefer to use a PC, you will see that downloading games, movies and TV shows for your PSP is easier than ever with the new PlayStation Store on Media Go. With this update, you’ll be able to export playlists onto the PSP. Go to us.playstation.com/psn/mediago to download Media Go and for more details.

Tethering (PSPgo only)

Another new feature is the ability to use a Bluetooth mobile device, such as a mobile phone, as a modem to connect your PSP system to the internet. This means that when you’re not located close to a wifi spot you have another way to get on the internet via a bluetooth mobile device.

230 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ An4564 on October 1st, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

i have a problem with the SensMe
after about 30 sec to a minute my psp frizes and turns off
is anyone else have this problem or just me?

+ INF3RNO132103 on October 1st, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

Mac owner :(

tethering is pure genious though. I just picked up my shiny new (and now finger print covered) psp go today. Lovin’ it!

+ Darkpen on October 1st, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

So there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask. When I transfer mp3s from my PS3, they don’t get picked up in the proprietary 12-tone whatever thing, so they don’t get listed in the mood playlists in either this or Life with Playstation. But it lists songs that I ripped directly onto my PS3. If I import mp3s via Media Go, will they be listed in the various moods, or is it still the same deal?

+ jlch777 on October 1st, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

MY GOD Sony!!! You take 5 years to put a Shuffle all option on the PSP…..At last!!!!

+ METLGEAR on October 1st, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Please MAC & LINUX‚ we need this‚ so give us Versions of that too! Thanks!

+ clankickas on October 1st, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

Can someone please explain why oh why you would limit access from your clients? Is it to reduce your sales? If small independents can do it why can’t someone like Sony? With the resources that Sony has it would be a none issue to create a Linux and Mac client. And please stop with this proprietary stuff it only hurts your sales. There is no reason that the PSP would not have the sames features as the PS3 as far as media. Now I have one more thing to hack!

+ triple_lei on October 2nd, 2009 at 2:27 am said:

Hmm, after spending more time with Media Go, I’ve realized how neat SensMe and firmware 6.10 are. Media Go has even replaced my other program for ID tags & album artwork. Cool beans…

+ xeno3d on October 2nd, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

We need background downloading on the PSP please

+ SkyNet003 on October 2nd, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Is there a chance for a RESUME option for the PSP downloader for PC in a future update?

I don’t know about you guys, but having to restart a 1.5 GB download from zero each time a connection error occurs is not my ideal of online-friendly (specially for the PSPgo).

+ xeno3d on October 2nd, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

@209

Happened to me twice downloading God of War…..

annoying as hell

+ SkyNet003 on October 2nd, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Oh yes; I still can’t get my Prince Of Persia Rival Swords, for which I paid for.

+ CrystalX3D on October 2nd, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Tethering would be much cooler if it didn’t cost $60 a month with most cell providers :(

+ xeno3d on October 2nd, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

How about Dynamic Themes on the PSP

+ NeoGuardian86 on October 3rd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

would love to see two things done to SenseMe

bring it to PS3

and

allow the program to scan and analyze music that has been previously put on it.

+ thshdw on October 3rd, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

I’d like to see ATRAC3 support, for SensME and Media Go.

+ leo112358 on October 3rd, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Awesome software update guys. At this point, all I can really ask for is for Mac support for Media Go.

+ krippler52 on October 3rd, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

i get an error when i try to update a game;

“Communication with the server failed. (80560003)”

what’s with that?

+ xeno3d on October 3rd, 2009 at 9:16 pm said:

Please add the ability to organize games by format like on the ps3.

+ trav54 on October 4th, 2009 at 5:08 am said:

Mac version of Media Go please.

+ SteveLV702 on October 6th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

um latest firmware has broken support for my wifi router can no longer connect to my Apple TimeCapsule when I try to connect my PSP Freezes then after about 10-30 seconds it makes a click noise and turns off… Yet if I go to my friends house or brother-in-laws house connects to their routers just fine…. So don’t know what you did but you need to fix ASAP…..

My iPhone, iPod Touch, Google Dev 1 Phone, PS3′s, XBox 360′s, Nintendo Wii’s, 4 computers, AppleTV’s, Tivo”s all connect to it just fine so I know its not my Router…

So your Firmware broke support and I know its not just my PSP cause brother-in-law brought his over which is also running 6.10 and his does the same thing when trying to connect to my wireless network…

+ Vaca213 on October 6th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

This darn update freezes my psp-1000

+ billa123 on October 12th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

.should have facebook and myspace that be good.for ps3 and psp

+ AJay118 on October 14th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

I am trying to update my newly aquired PSP Go. The problem, I can only use the USB option, no wireless available at the moment. I have created the file as directed..for some reason the file doesn’t transfer. I now have a downloaded game that I can’t play until the update is done! No what. I need more detailed info from start to finish. Expecially, the txf of the file from my pc to my PSP go. Yea I know, usb..not working for me.

+ RainbowByte on October 15th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

Please make a Mac version of media go!

+ LurchLand on October 18th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Please read the story. On the part that mentions tethering, it specifically says, “Tethering (PSPgo only).”

This sounds awesome. Between this and being able to use my Dualshock 3 controller on the new PSP GO, I might have to get one real soon. Originally I thought “new shape and download only, big deal. I have several UMD’s and a 4 GB memory stick for my PSP 2000 so why upgrade? But now I see these other features and now I must have it. I hope the tethering works with my phone. I have an HTC Touch Pro in case you were wondering.

AWESOME!!!

+ ZapperSon09 on October 20th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

my psp is freezing up more than ever before since i updated to v6.10

+ ZapperSon09 on October 20th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

my psp is 3000 seiries

+ scarfacecjm on October 21st, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

I have the PSP GO and it isnt wirking the multiplayer online for resistance retribution and motorstor artic edge, every time i try to go on multiplayer online the psp freezes ans shut down

+ billa123 on October 29th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

could we have

.facebook/myspace/
.sky player
.itv player
.radio supports
.email supports.
all this for ps3

+ napoleonface on October 29th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

we really need a version that is Mac compatible, I’ve been waiting for one for a while now.

PAGE 1 3 4 5