PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Qore Episode 17 – Featuring Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, EyePet, Blur and Borderlands

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Sep 30, 2009 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

With the return of Ratchet & Clank later this month, the October episode of Qore features a loveable Lombax, a precious pet, reckless racing and wasteland wanderers.

Is Ratchet truly the last Lombax in this universe? Can he locate and rescue his buddy Clank? The storyline that began in 2007’s Tools of Destruction reaches an epic conclusion in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Veronica Belmont visits Insomniac Games to step into Ratchet’s shoes…err…actually, his gravity boots.

At this year’s E3, SCEA impressed the audience with a demonstration of the upcoming PS3 motion controller, but there is yet another innovation on the way: the EyePet! Audrey Cleo meets her new virtual pal and demonstrates how PS3 technology could change the way we interact with games in the future.

Bizarre Creations is returning to its roots to rev up the racing genre with imaginative power-ups, weapons, and a distinctive multiplayer component. We take BLUR for a test drive to see what sets it apart from the crowd.

What do you get when you blend the RPG and shooter genres, add intense co-op action and a groundbreaking content generation system, and coat it with a cell-shaded “concept art” style? You get Borderlands—the new title from Brothers in Arms developer Gearbox Software. Qore visits the Dallas, Texas studio to learn more about their unique creation.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 2003

To celebrate the release of Gran Turismo for the PSP, we’re offering all Qore subscribers and purchasers a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’03 in an exclusive red color to download and use with the game on any PSP system. We’ve also got an exclusive Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time PS3 theme and an exclusive UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PS3 theme for download.

Look for Episode 17 tomorrow.

63 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Cat_Corye on September 30th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Firstes lol, ok but Qore awesome =^_^=

+ mywhitenoise on September 30th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

I dont understand why people pay for this :/

+ dragonmagician on September 30th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Are those themes going to be dynamic? I’m guessing no, since it wasn’t mention. Once you go dynamic, you can’t go back; so, I’m not interested in static themes anymore.

+ Se_7_eN on September 30th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

:-/ nothing really exciting…. Unless that is a Borderlands demo!? But I doubt it… :-/

+ ye11owpharmacy on September 30th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Hell yes for the Borderlands segment.

+ hunteronhika on September 30th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

ya a dynamic Uncharted theme would be sick

+ megs1120 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Nifty!

@ mywhitenoise

I’m renewing because in the past year, I’ve gotten more at least $25 worth of free games and add-ons as a Qore subscriber. It’s a good bargain, really.

+ SilverPR on September 30th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

Veronica change her hair color. Looks cute that way.

+ davidbadass13 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

ima buy this

+ starBlinky01 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

qore girls are hot. can we get a bikini version!?!? :D :D :D :D

+ tagout on September 30th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Please tell me the free themes are dynamic.

+ mywhitenoise on September 30th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

@megs
all the free games theyve given were released months before they offered them for free. I dont have the patience for that (if its a game I really want).

+ Ejsponge61 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

Looks like this will be a good episode. Nice to see my subscription isn’t going to waste. I love that Borderlands in on this episode, it deserves the attention.

+ I_am_rushin on September 30th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Are those animated themes? Because I would buy an animated Uncharted 2 theme in a heartbeat.

+ I_am_rushin on September 30th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Are those animated themes?

Because I would buy an animated Uncharted 2 theme in a heartbeat.

+ Draicus on September 30th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Looking forward to the new episode.

I take it both of the themes will be static, normal themes rather than dynamic?

+ Axonn on September 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Is will be available to buy thru PSN Store these (limited or not) cars for GT PSP? I want that tomorrow! :D

+ Dice_for_Death_ on September 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

An mighty-fine Home update, and Qore #17? I’m liking Thursdays.

+ GGCAN on September 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

@ 2 – mywhitenoise.

People buy this because it’s not that expensive per episode, you get free games, Betas and see all the upcoming games.

No one is forcing you to buy it, but many people appreciate Qore as I do.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

tHURSDAYS ARE GREAT EVERY WEEK. wOULD THERE BE AN eYEpET DEMO IN THERE? yeah cps lock but Im not typing it all out again.

Dynamic aVATARS PLEASE!

+ Kirkpad on September 30th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Boarderlands for the win!

Who would buy Modern Warfare 2 when Boarderlands blows it out of the water in every aspect?

+ Ultra_Keyblade on September 30th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

@ 2
Because they want to. (I do too) :]

Well that’s lame….Im not getting GT for the psp. (useless free limited car for me) Why not give us $10 credit to use in HOME to buy a few things in the mall (or a free playstation1 game).
Two dynamic themes? I was hoping for a dynamic themes, but I doubt it.

+ bball230 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

are these themes dynamic??? all themes from now on should be dynamic.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

wow Qore Third U2 Theme get with the program…ill like to see ipet though

+ KazeEternal on September 30th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

that better be a dynamic theme

+ hife on September 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

What happened to Veronica’s hair?! Oh well… still smokin’

+ robertmc8 on September 30th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I want Eye Pet bad :) I don’t care if for kids. Dam Looks like I got save up for more money on up coming Eye Pet In Nov. I’m glad I got year worth of Qore since July. I’m very enjoying my self in MAG right now.

+ Maluraq on September 30th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Quit teasing me with GT PSP … I’m waiting for the full version!!

+ krae_man on September 30th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Whoo! themes and red paint!

Way to make my $25 worth it Sony.

+ Trucidation on September 30th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Hope they’re dynamic themes.

+ lsdstory on September 30th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

i cant believe i paid 25 bucks for this B.S. SONY, PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!

+ ndw4 on September 30th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

Wow what isn’t coming out tomorrow. On topic, it’s weird. I totally think Qore is a waste of money,but yet I always buy it every month. But not this month, cause I’m gonna be spending my money on PSP Games 4 my Go

+ redbaron788 on September 30th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

BORDERLANDS!

+ robertmc8 on September 30th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

@31 you get beta keys when drifter projects comes out. I’m looking forward DC Online when it ever comes out. I think 25 bucks best money I spent on it. Just for free beta keys if you get lucky.

+ SpyDudeFX on September 30th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I hope those two themes are dynamic, if not no thx. And hope this will be the last month we get static themes, Qore needs to start going with dynamic themes.

+ Brapp347 on September 30th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

she’s hot

+ Neil on September 30th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

Yeehaw

+ DNAgent on September 30th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

“we’re offering all Qore subscribers and purchasers a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’03 in an exclusive red color to download and use with the game on any PSP system.”

Why bother doing this? Qore isn’t on the PSP too is it? I don’t see why you would offer PSP content in Qore. This has to be the WORST downloadable I have ever seen in Qore as it’s useless to A LOT of people. This looks like it will be yet another terrible edition of Qore.

+ mprunty on September 30th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Definitely looking forward to this month’s episode of Qore. Can’t wait tog et my hand son that red Benz.

+ MGO_Count on September 30th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Dynamic Theme plxplxplxplx :(

+ Skater_Ricky on September 30th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

It would be cool if you could set the PS3 to automaticly download our Qore Episodes.

But needs to be a Option you can turn off too.. because theres thos people that wouldnt like that option.

+ plaztiksyke on September 30th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

yay, EyePet coverage!

Don’t know if I’ll resubscribe: I’ve never gotten any download codes for PS1 games via email, my support requests have gone without reply, and the free PSN games have been the same for months and months.

If they can correct the problems, and show some other value, I’ll re-sub. Maybe the EyePet coverage will be deep enough that it will get me interested again. The cursory Brutal Legend coverage from last episode, the only thing in the whole episode I was excited about, was extremely short and disappointing.

Now, a beta download for EyePet (that actually works) would totally change my mind :)

+ Fluidshine on September 30th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

What ever happened to Dynamic themes?? We got a few at the beginning of their capability, but they are all 3 bucks and based on pretty boring games…We need more, especially free ones with QORE, that would be really nice =)

+ khalid_1223 on September 30th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Looks like this will be a good episode

+ GermaineTrain on September 30th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Y’know, I never got by MAG beta code…

+ Nimoy23 on September 30th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

I like turtles.

+ JimInPT on September 30th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

I wish Sony and Polyphony Digital would quit screwing around, wasting time and resources and release the real Gran Turismo. You know …. Gran Turismo 5. The good one, not this lame nonsense.

+ Dehshizknight on September 30th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Man, I need to get a Qore subscription… I REALLY want that Gran Turismo car.

+ Netweb on September 30th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

Themes… WOoooW!

Dynamic ones?
Avatars?

C’mon!

+ BlooodyCow on September 30th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Are those dynamic themes?
Can we get some Avatars with our qore subscription?

PAGE 1 2