God of War

Oct 02

Oct 02

It Only Does UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

Peter Dille's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

It’s an incredibly exciting time for PlayStation. We’re experiencing tremendous momentum on the new 120 GB PS3 and yesterday launched the PSPgo which press are touting as an “evolutionary step-up model” and “the most high-powered handheld video-game machine on the market.” And we haven’t even started talking about one of the most anticipated games this year, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, which is just around the corner.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is blowing everyone away. It is the best adventure yet from the Naughty Dog team and is well on track to be one of the best games of all time with a 97% rating on Metacritic and 14 perfect review scores. Some are saying that, “if this were a movie, it’d gross a couple hundred million dollars” (thanks GamePro), and many are calling it one of the year’s best action-adventure games. It’s probably an understatement when we say we’re excited for the release. And based on the pre-order numbers, we know many of you will be very busy on October 13.

In my earlier posts about our “It Only Does Everything” campaign, I mentioned that Kevin Butler won’t just be focusing on the PS3’s hardware superiority but would also be rolling out software specific advertisements. We’re excited to give you a sneak peak at the first of these spots, showcasing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. In this next installment in our campaign, Kevin fields a “Dear PlayStation” question from a conflicted boyfriend facing the dilemma of telling his girlfriend that UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is not actually a movie, but in fact, a game. We hope you enjoy what a lot of people here voted as one of their favorite spots in the campaign.

We’re only just getting warmed up for the holiday and still have a bunch more spots to unveil. Tell me what you think and get out and pick up this game! I’ll leave you with the quote from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, “Forget ‘game of the year.’ This is one of the best games of all time.”

Enjoy!
Peter

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

EmuHunter said:

October 3rd, 10:32 am

Loving the Uncharted demo and the new commercials keep up the good work.

bdavid81 said:

October 3rd, 10:57 am

For some reason, I’m not dying to play it, though it’s preordered on Amazon. I’m more than patient for this one.

An4564 said:

October 3rd, 11:18 am

lol “Its Been Two Days”

JdelaMancha said:

October 3rd, 11:20 am

I think these commercials are great. This is exactly what Sony should be doing, something full of sarcasm, people appreciate commercials like these.

Also, I would like to congratulate Sony for having some amazing game studios backing them up exclusively. I’ve had my PS3 for about a year now and the games that are only on the PS3 are just getting better and better. Kudos.

BusterKnight said:

October 3rd, 11:25 am

I love these new PS3 commercials with that corporate guy. I’m still trying to figure out how to get the Fortune Hunter Edition since I didn’t pre-order the game to get into the beta earlier.

ndw4 said:

October 3rd, 11:32 am

I have the feeling this will be the ONLY Uncharted 2 commercial. And that’s sad.

niceblue77 said:

October 3rd, 11:50 am

it shold be it only does uncharted 2 and more hihi wel if the other guy’s think the only games ps3 have is uncharted wait until god of war 3, comes nice work ps3 keep it up greetings from Aruba

LakaiorDie217 said:

October 3rd, 11:52 am

I’m so glad I own a ps3.

Spedfrom said:

October 3rd, 1:37 pm

You have a rare gem in your hands Sony. Make the most of it! :)

mellowmonk4ever said:

October 3rd, 2:12 pm

Sony,hear me.Now is the time to put your house in order.Remember,Uncharted 2 is only one of your aces up your sleeve.Please treat GOD OF WAR 3 with the same intensity in 2010.

NoobianGod said:

October 3rd, 2:12 pm

These are fantastic commercials! The whole series of them! Finally Sony has some commercials that make sense and appeal to buyers.

DO NOT LOOSE THE TEAM THAT PUT THESE TOGETHER!!!

The old Sony commercials are a joke! These include jokes and it is AWESOME!

Great post! 5/5

mellowmonk4ever said:

October 3rd, 2:31 pm

As a quick aside,don’t forget some nice bundles in the US for the holidays Sony.I know that their always thinking about Japan and such.A GOD OF WAR 3 BUNDLE would sell like….Iphones!!LOL

BlackMorph said:

October 3rd, 2:36 pm

Does anyone else notice Peter Dille’s photo in the background in the commercial? Nice touch.

BlackMorph said:

October 3rd, 2:37 pm

Does anyone else notice Peter Dille’s photo in the background in the office? Nice touch!

mellowmonk4ever said:

October 3rd, 2:44 pm

Is the girlfriend supposed to look like the new Chloe character or have i watched it too closely?She is wearing a red shirt and has the same type of hair.Just sayin..

superstewie said:

October 3rd, 3:54 pm

same thing actually happened here, i was running the first game on the screen behind me “which u can’t see” but take it from me: it’s there!
and someone said what movie is that?
ratchet and clank sorta look like a pixar movie, if you didn’t know someone was playing it.

jlch777 said:

October 3rd, 5:17 pm

LOL!!!! Great Add!!!!

Vito Raliffe said:

October 3rd, 5:20 pm

This is one of the best ad campaigns ever!

Keep up the great work. The more people that are aware of games like Uncharted 2, the better.

tosun01 said:

October 3rd, 5:37 pm

Man, the Uncharted 2 demo is awesome. My friends list never had so many people playing the same game togheter.
Can`t wait for the retail version.
Good work Naughty God.

Zinacef said:

October 3rd, 5:46 pm

Does the hot chick come with the purchase of a PS3?! Awesome time to own a PS3!

UnnDunn said:

October 3rd, 8:50 pm

It only does Uncharted 2? Can’t be a very good console if it only does one game. Other consoles do lots of games. Just saying.

(It had to be said.)

themadmen said:

October 3rd, 9:41 pm

Wow Uncharted 2 is hot. O by the way she is hot too. lol

Great AD. 10 more days

chisis187 said:

October 3rd, 10:17 pm

xbox cant evening fix there red rings hey dont have time to make a game like uc2 so the fanboys are just that just boy real men /women play ps3 kill xbox sony

MAAZTER said:

October 3rd, 10:24 pm

lol these marketing adds are really good the humor is great the content is good if i didn’t own a ps3 already and i saw these ads i probably would be tempted to buy one…

blackbeard_ said:

October 3rd, 10:39 pm

great ad. I am really loving the new “it only does everything” campaign! keep up the great work!

Chhem said:

October 3rd, 11:35 pm

now if only sony could hire that gecko, they’ve have the best advertising team

pudljumper said:

October 4th, 3:41 am

Seriously, does anybody else work at sony besides kevin butler?

pudljumper said:

October 4th, 3:59 am

give me a job. I sell a hell of alot more ps3 ‘s than that goof

jazzyrider said:

October 4th, 7:05 am

thats what i love about Uncharted – it really is a movie like the Indiana Jones series. Its got great action, adventure and comedy…Can’t wait to pick this up!

lyfestory said:

October 4th, 7:20 am

she could definitely watch me game all day/nite..
but seriously, im among the pre-orders, on Amazon, but not sure why they dont take the payment up front, instead making you pay when its shipped.. i would rather have just paid for it and be done with it.. but so definitely cant wait… itll be in my PS3 for awhile..

JakeWilly said:

October 4th, 8:48 am

AMAZING!!!! I love how Sony can have a sense of Humor.

DrunkRaba said:

October 4th, 9:05 am

Great advertisement Sony! THIS is what we want to see from you guys!

Elvick_ said:

October 4th, 9:19 am

I’m so disappointed in the lack of Canadian preorder bonuses. If Atlus can do it, then why can’t SCE? And Atlus has better bonuses, so that’s just insult to injury.

unruly-cat said:

October 4th, 9:21 am

Haha, this ad guy has it good. My girlfriend won’t give me turns on the demo, and threatens that uncharted 2 will never enter my PS3 because it’s her game!

cb_32 said:

October 4th, 9:33 am

sweet advert

gue-xplicit said:

October 4th, 9:38 am

It seems that Sony has a new marketing team… recent ads are great…….Now if we can get ads for most PSN exclusives and more PSP, you will see a sales spike…..

rojbin100 said:

October 4th, 11:48 am

I wish i could preorder it.
great job naughty dog.

fireras said:

October 4th, 2:37 pm

Dear Sony,

Please make sure that Kevin Butler does all future PS3/PlayStation ads. These ads are too funny.

Thanks,
fireras

CrusherX said:

October 4th, 4:04 pm

Officially the best marketing you’ve ever done. Keep them coming.

Slayer612 said:

October 4th, 5:03 pm

To SONY.

SONY, I have been keeping an eye on your marketing campaign and I am pleasantly surprised at what I am seeing now. Before it was almost impossible to find a Playstation 3 commercial but now they are everywhere. I think you guys should focus a lot more on your internet advertising as well. Sites like YouTube, IGN, AOL, G4TV, etc. have the largest gaming viewers. I love what you guys are doing and please make more of these commercials, they are priceless.

ivanramon said:

October 4th, 7:11 pm

Mad props to whoever came up with this commercial, I showed it to my girldfriend and she agreed to watch me play Uncharted 2 when it comes out…We can spend “quality time” like she says and she wont hate me for spending endles hours on it…

Connoisseur said:

October 4th, 9:46 pm

Outstanding~! THis is the FIRST EVER marketing i have liked from Sony. I love the brand but the marketing has always been sub par. It only Does Everythign is great~! Please keep it up.

Jambi33 said:

October 4th, 10:03 pm

Already got my annual leave scheduled from work for the release day.

MrTalKaLot03 said:

October 4th, 10:35 pm

Love the New Play Station commercial Just Play them On T.V so u Can sell some Ps3’s

Marz2012 said:

October 5th, 2:09 am

Brilliant commercial. The multiplayer in the Uncharted 2 demo is definitely addicting. Can’t wait for full retail.

Caires said:

October 5th, 5:00 am

The commercial for the greatest game only had to be great!

Francision69 said:

October 5th, 6:33 am

Great commercial!

improperlyaged said:

October 5th, 7:06 am

hey psp no goers just though u all should know that jr.com currently has the 32gb ipod touch for 279.99 yep 279.99 yeah the new one. so for $30 more u get double the memory, touch screen, voice control accelerometer, a better web browser more third party support and it comes with the headset that has a built in mic. oh yeah and lets not forget the insane itunes app library which is essentially psp minis but without inflated prices. sorry sony but i will continue the death to the pspgo campaign as it is absurd. this system should cost less than the 3000 not more.

scorpio182 said:

October 5th, 7:20 am

Love it!!!

I think these commercials are a great idea because it focuses on getting the message out to everyone not just hardcore gamers.

Only REQUEST make sure you AIR THEM all the time everywhere!!!!

Get the word out that this is THE GAME to get!!!

macdonaldvin76 said:

October 5th, 7:37 am

the first was the reason i bought a PS3 … might celebrate the anniversary n’ buy PS3 Slim with Uncharted 2

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6