Bloodborne

It Only Does UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

Peter Dille's Avatar + Posted by Peter Dille on Oct 02, 2009 // Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

It’s an incredibly exciting time for PlayStation. We’re experiencing tremendous momentum on the new 120 GB PS3 and yesterday launched the PSPgo which press are touting as an “evolutionary step-up model” and “the most high-powered handheld video-game machine on the market.” And we haven’t even started talking about one of the most anticipated games this year, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, which is just around the corner.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is blowing everyone away. It is the best adventure yet from the Naughty Dog team and is well on track to be one of the best games of all time with a 97% rating on Metacritic and 14 perfect review scores. Some are saying that, “if this were a movie, it’d gross a couple hundred million dollars” (thanks GamePro), and many are calling it one of the year’s best action-adventure games. It’s probably an understatement when we say we’re excited for the release. And based on the pre-order numbers, we know many of you will be very busy on October 13.

In my earlier posts about our “It Only Does Everything” campaign, I mentioned that Kevin Butler won’t just be focusing on the PS3’s hardware superiority but would also be rolling out software specific advertisements. We’re excited to give you a sneak peak at the first of these spots, showcasing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. In this next installment in our campaign, Kevin fields a “Dear PlayStation” question from a conflicted boyfriend facing the dilemma of telling his girlfriend that UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is not actually a movie, but in fact, a game. We hope you enjoy what a lot of people here voted as one of their favorite spots in the campaign.

We’re only just getting warmed up for the holiday and still have a bunch more spots to unveil. Tell me what you think and get out and pick up this game! I’ll leave you with the quote from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, “Forget ‘game of the year.’ This is one of the best games of all time.”

Enjoy!
Peter

267 Comments

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ C-Murph666 on October 5th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

lmao These PS3 commercial are hilarious~! Keep them coming~!

+ COMICS2590 on October 5th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

Can’t wait to play this game, the first one felt like I was a movie.

+ p2007ab on October 5th, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

hey people when i try to play uncharted 2 beta the green light of my ps3 turns yellow and then it turns red flashing multiple times. I have the first 60 gb ps3, plz help me

+ mellowmonk4ever on October 5th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

Looks like a GOTY contender for sure.Well done Naughty Dogs.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 5th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

It’s too bad ND sold out and forgot what made the first game so great.

A good *SINGLE* player experience.

I was really looking forward to this game, but I guess I’ll be spending my money on other things.

Next time, LISTEN to your customers ND!

+ xXLoco760Xx on October 5th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Dont forget about GOW3, LBP, MAG, GT5, HeavyRain, and the better FF XIII(1 disc). All exclusives.

+ Lahmy88 on October 5th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Naughty Dog do games so great! Maybe Sony should contract them to look after firmware updates/XMB features.. because at the moment Sony is doing a crap job!

+ xXLoco760Xx on October 5th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

they need to bundle it with the new ps3. and advertise that online play is FREE!

+ Videogame_freak on October 5th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

B-RadGfromOV has a point

+ wes_nile on October 5th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

haha funny commercial. cant wait to get this game

+ mexkillah on October 5th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

cool

+ Edboyg on October 5th, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

I like this advertisment but I wish sony would advertise way more onto this game I just want people to know where might be the greatest game on the best system……I like the first guys idea….”It only does Uncharted”

+ HU-_-FLUNG-_-PU on October 6th, 2009 at 2:03 am said:

GEEEEEEE I LOVE UNCHARTED

+ jazzyrider on October 6th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

Just waking up after going to the event last night…everyone who attended got a free copy of Uncharted 2! Thank you ND and Sony for an awesome event! Played it for an hour before getting some z’s and will be playing it shortly! And if you won the tourney that they put on, the team will be getting the limited fortune hunter edition…grats to them!

+ WhiplashTwoZero on October 6th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

So whats up with Fortune Hunter Edition? Did they give up on it or something?

+ ardeesonic on October 12th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

What? It’s not a movie?

lol jk

+ cKyFan36 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

She’ll know it’s a game after 2 days, because it only takes 2 days to walk through the entire game. I will say that I’m glad I have a PS3 but, only because of this, and GT5..

PAGE 1 4 5 6