PS4-Watch_Dogs

Get Your MAG Marching Orders at 7-Eleven!

Chris Munson's Avatar + Posted by Chris Munson on Oct 05, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey MAG fans –

We have some exciting news to announce. Starting this month, you can head to your local 7-Eleven and reserve your copy of MAG to receive an exclusive MAG recruitment kit and poster. What’s in this uber-exclusive recruitment kit? Expect to find a brief history of the Shadow War and learn about the three leading private military corporations (PMCs) – their skill sets, their reputation, and their purpose. And then decide where your loyalties will lie. Will you be attracted to the aggressive nature of S.V.E.R.; will the high-tech expertise of RAVEN be your calling, or will the honor of VALOR be your deciding factor? The choice will be yours.

MAG 7-Eleven PS.com

Head to 7-Eleven today, but please note that this offer is in the U.S. only and at select 7-Eleven stores that carry the MAG game. To find your local 7-Eleven, click here. To learn more about how to reserve your copy of MAG, see our pre-order Blog post. MAG Launches 1.26.10.

PAGE 1 2

+ CapinChronic on October 5th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

@45
That is a awesome idea I have friends that have been asking me the same question… on M.A.G a mic is a must and the official Sony one works the best in my opinion..

+ Israel1948 on October 5th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

Hey Chris, Amazon.com isn’t show the special pre-order bonus for the Home space. When will they show it? Also, if I pre-order from Amazon, will I get the game after the official release date in the mail or on the release date?

+ lets-be_azn on October 5th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

wasn’t this game going to be relased on november

+ NITROWOLF_2 on October 5th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Guys 7-11 is really huge in japan and around the asia territory its natural for it to sell games and electronics

+ maver1ck89 on October 5th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Since when is 7-Eleven “uber exclusive”? Do I need a membership now? Are they going to check my credit score?

+ XgargunoX on October 5th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

GO S.V.E.R.!!!! yea!!…

+ mafecto on October 5th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Dear Sony/Zipper,

this game is in dire need of a HEADSET BUNDLE.

You would be missing a huge opportunity by not packing it with at least a cheap bluetooth.

+ RoGuE–WoLF on October 5th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Wow!Didn’t know some 7-11 can let you pre-order games but I won’t do it I’ll be out of the beta

+ jayyy91 on October 5th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

@ Chris

If Sony loves Canada so much, why don’t we have the video store?

+ Cheddare on October 5th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

Come on Cmunson you shoulda seen that one coming.

Lol @ jayyy91 You got em man good job lol.

+ futbol_dude77 on October 5th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

cool, u should do this for more game. like Japan.Cool!!!!!!!!

+ phinnv8 on October 5th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

I just wish Zipper did Socom, it coulda been huge. It was one of the best and unique games until Slant Six got a hold of it. MAG is a gamble as it might end up being yet-another-fps.

+ tarbis on October 5th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

Damn, why does the U.S. and Japan always have all the fun. =(
I WANT 7-11 IN MY COUNTRY TO DO THIS TOO!!!

+ warlock7 on October 5th, 2009 at 9:31 pm said:

If I remember correctly it was the Halo3 launch that 7-11 botched by releasing the game two weeks or so early…

Don’t care what you’re giving away, won’t be going into 7-11 anytime soon.

+ poweredbyzen on October 5th, 2009 at 10:33 pm said:

hey, chris! looks like your avatar is RAVEN! ANG GALING!

+ BabeBro on October 5th, 2009 at 10:56 pm said:

I just pre-ordered my copy from Amazon, but I noticed there was no mention of the PlayStation HOME pre-order bonus. I hope you guys get that sorted out so we get to enjoy that upon it’s release.

I also would like to inform you that I was very close to not pre-ordering this game for the simple fact that everyone on my list happens to have their M.A.G. Beta invite, yet I am 2 year annual subscriber to Qore and have not recieved mine at all. Hopefully I’ll get one before the game is released so I can check it out.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to enjoying this game in the near future.

+ midnightshade on October 6th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

There are about 8, 7-11′s within 10 miles of my house, and 4 gamestops, and 1 best buy… This is not new for 7-11, they were doing it last year, they had fallout3, quantom of solace, cod 5: waw, and madden 09 there… I actually impulse bought madden 09 as they had it on sale for $49 and later COD5 there, two games that i had no intention of even buying, but i was buying smokes and a bite to eat and seen the games right there in the front of the store… I own 50+ ps3 disc games (i collect) so it was too tempting. As long as people who actually buy games like me are out there, then this works.. funny as the ps3 games got sold out last year in my area from them…

AS for MAG…day 1 like all Sony PS3 1st/2nd/3rd party exclusive epics Don’t change your style sony..keep these tiltes coming, the beta is fantastic.. And please don’t go all casual with the wands…keep the dual shock…the fanbase here is hardcore!!

+ VitalogyPJ on October 6th, 2009 at 2:52 am said:

This game sucks like hell. And the graphics? Geez, horrible!

+ x_IRISH_BULL_x on October 6th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Hey cmunson,

Where did you get the MAG avatar?!

+ linebeginstoblur on October 6th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

I live in Georgia. We have no 7-Elevens ANYWHERE near here. Whatever the bonus is, it’s not worth the gas money for the big road trip lol. Might just stick to Amazon or maybe GameStop or Best Buy.

+ Thrasher20 on October 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

Sweet!! I’ll do this and meanwhile waiting in line I’ll grab a slim jim

+ killz-time on October 6th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

so this game is online only? where do my loyalties lie? will i have to stay with one pmc? so many unanswered questions?

+ SuperSonic1305 on October 6th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Either make it available to everyone or don’t make it available at all. I’m sick of this. Stop punishing people. You can’t honestly expect fans to pre-order the game 5-6 times just to get everything.

+ MastahKillah82 on October 8th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

HAHAHAHAH, 7-11 ? Come on guys seriously. This is not Japan and I am pretty sure most of us that own a PS3 do not shop at 7-11… Maybe to buy a dutch master cigar but thats about it !

+ BakeAct on October 8th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Ohh yess, now when I get the midnight munchies, and go for the nightly Slushie…I can not only endulge myself w/ delicious taquitos, but pre-order/ purchase MAG…from my local 7-11…..EPIC FAILURE!!!!

+ iTzNath on October 8th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

Any news on uk pre order stuff

+ BigFootBro on October 8th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

im in a pickle. Ima get codmw2 cause the last game is awsome and its better this time around. But, i wanna get mag and rockband 2. I can only get 1. I dunno about mag because its so ambitious. wat should i do?

+ Skylar001 on October 10th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

market this game.. alot.. dont expect ppl to just hear about it from friends make them hear about it ( and other exclusives) everywhere! if u really wanna boost sales

+ Duseldorf on October 10th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

7 11? Wow, theres like one in every other state

+ GURSIMRAN on October 11th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

does this game supports in-game xmb music..??

+ Rogueagent01 on October 11th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

I don’t like the route that pre-order exlusives are going. Gamers are now being used for targeted sales. Supporting a local game’s shop anymore is out of the question, simply because you will lose out on something. And then what if I don’t like to buy online, well I guess I can’t have that for that character. Just offer up all the exclusives as different skews from your main order center, and allow all companies to have access to them, then the consumer just has to pick what they want and buy it from where they want. Then everybody wins! Stop playing with our desires to get us to buy from certain companies.

On a side note I am getting the game. :)

+ bloodyNASsassin on October 11th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

If I pre-order from 7-11 do I still get access to the public beta?

Which stores have what bonuses exactly? It’d be nice to have an official list.

+ OldSkool27 on October 12th, 2009 at 2:40 am said:

is it true that u can get a beta by pre-ordering at gamestop? if so, i’ll be doing that when i pick up my copy of uncharted 2 this tuesday.

PAGE 1 2