PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Big Surprises at the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Cinema Events

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Oct 06, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Last night, four UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves cinema events simultaneously took place across the country, one of them on our very own home turf of San Francisco. It was a night packed full of fun, surprises, special guests and crazy excitement.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Cinema Event 1

For starters, fans (100 of you, to be exact!) and media were greeted by UNCHARTED 2 on the big screen upon entering San Francisco’s Landmark theater. From there, a brand new section of the game’s single-player campaign (in the snowy Himalayas) was shown and introduced by Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig, who then shocked the crowd by announcing that everyone would be going home with a copy of the game…eight days early!!! Needless to say, the place erupted. Shortly after, we caught up with Amy about the whole experience.

From there, a multiplayer tournament kicked off on a never-been-played map, with a Fortune Hunter Edition up for grabs to the winner. Emotions ran high (take that, people trying to watch the French indie flick next door!) and we discovered that many of you have definitely been practicing MP in the recent demo. All the action could be seen on the movie theater screen, running through Sony Electronics‘ 4K digital cinema technology, with Senior Vice President Mike Fidler on hand to tell us how the 4K projector is the perfect fit for big-screen gaming.

For all that and more, take the video for a spin. And thanks to everyone who made it out to San Francisco, Bellevue, Thousand Oaks and Rosemont. We surely hope the night was worth your while!

And in case you’re wondering, tonight’s October 6 event is completely sold out in all four locations!

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves SF Cinema Event 2 UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves SF Cinema Event 3

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Terry2Toke on October 7th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

I [DELETED] hate you..8 days early..naughty dog bettet let gamestop give me mine 5 minutes till 12. TAKE THAT!!!

+ gundamman on October 7th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

LMAO, the took the video when i was playn on the big scree, i kno it’s me cus the guy in the vid’s aiming sucks, and i forgot to set it to normal instead of inverted, lmao also, i jus beat the game today, IT’S AMAZING HANDS DOWN BEST GAME I’VE PLAYED OF MY LIFE!1 THANKS ND, AND SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ hammygas on October 8th, 2009 at 12:58 am said:

You amaze me naughty dog. you truly love your fans and put everything you got into your games and I’m waiting on pins and needles to play the full Uncharted 2 even though I still haven’t gotten tired of the demo. Also, how many multiplayer maps are in the full game?

+ ik_ga_je_slaan on October 8th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

Cool event but I can’t participate because Europe alwasys gets left behind.

+ Santarus on October 8th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

I wish I was able to attend the October 5th event. It was my birthday that day, would have been great. Game is on pre-order. Can’t wait for the release. Great job Naughty Dog!

+ odysseysg1 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

I would do a lot… and I mean a LOT of things to win that fortune hunter edition….. and yet i know of no way to do it! and yeah, have some more cities involved! like phoenix, arizona! ’tis a fine city for such an event!

….
pleeease??

+ Balthaser on October 8th, 2009 at 11:07 pm said:

yeah, big surprise for me too

thx to that guy who left early

+ AcousticFan1 on October 23rd, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

I attended this event on the 5th and had a GREAT time! Are you guys ever gonna post the additional footage that you guys shot? For ex. when you guys talked to fans that were waiting in line….I thought all of that stuff was cool

PAGE 1 2 3 4