Uncharted 4

Oct 07

Oct 07

Amazon.com Now Offers Digital Codes for PlayStation Network Games and Game Content

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

Today we announced that we are bringing PlayStation Network games and add-on game content for PS3 and PSP to the new Amazon.com video game store: www.amazon.com/playstationnetwork.

PSN Amazon Storefront

Now you have more options for where you purchase your PSN content whether it’s for yourself or a gift. At launch there will be 200 PlayStation games and game related content available, including titles such as Flower, PAIN, Pixel Junk Eden, Fat Princess, Super Stardust HD and classics such as Twisted Metal: Head-On, Loco Roco, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo and WipEout Pure. Many more PlayStation Network game titles will become available on Amazon.com as well as the PlayStation Store over the coming months.

Digital access works on a code redemption system. If you purchase PlayStation Network content through Amazon.com, you will receive a code immediately after purchase or you can choose to email the code to yourself or send directly as a gift. Perfect timing for the Holidays! The code will reside in your Games & Software Library so you can retrieve it at anytime. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

guitarded77 said:

October 7th, 3:05 pm

This is really cool, now I can buy my homies Fat Princess for Christmas.

palitococo said:

October 7th, 3:17 pm

Im sad, first i was exited, but now i cant buy anything cuz my credit card its not from USA. I wanna some serious games but i cant buy it, snif, snif…

MacbethZero said:

October 7th, 3:21 pm

palitococo

i think that´s not a problem anymore bro, i think you can pay it with paypal, so there´s no prob ^^

fun4you2008 said:

October 7th, 3:41 pm

I guess the downside is that once you are done with the game, you can’t exactly loan it to your friends to play… That’s been EA and Sony (SecuROM)’s PC limited-activation plan all along, and the reason I switched to PS3: To kill the resale or secondary market (passing a game along after you’re done with it). But as long as they sell the BluRay version too, I guess you get a choice (unlike the PC).

Kchow23 said:

October 7th, 4:06 pm

Sweet, is this also in amazon.ca?

Kiqe said:

October 7th, 4:11 pm

this thing is useless y cant buy codes unless u are from us

jpvato00 said:

October 7th, 4:40 pm

I think its a great idea. For those that are in international countries that credit cards don’t work or ordering a psn card its too time consuming or difficult, this is a great solution. Now I can order any game or add-on with ease. A what’s best that the game already has the tax incorporated.

Kudos Sony.

iComet said:

October 7th, 5:10 pm

These are International PSN codes?? Sweet!!
Now you guys that don’t have any PSN cards in your country, can use Amazon!! Which is even better..!

luckner893 said:

October 7th, 5:12 pm

don’t like it cause only people in the u.s.
cN BUY THESE GAMES AND I live accros the world.so pleasy let everyone enjoy this.you selfish americans.

joseph2411 said:

October 7th, 5:26 pm

What even the amazon’s PSN store is only available for the US, that’s dissapointing :(

Angelcurio said:

October 7th, 7:16 pm

Finally. This is a really huge addition. I always wanted an alternate way of getting my downloadable games, so i have been waiting for amazon to start selling psn cards. But this solution is way better, since it really makes you buy things by impulse, and from such a good online store as amazon.

Thanks for this Sony.

Korlithiel said:

October 7th, 9:14 pm

After reading the comments, it seems clear that this won’t solve people’s issues and basically we still can’t import games. So, unless there are sales on Amazon then this offers consumers nothing in return for Amazon getting a small cut basically just to advertise for Sony.

Still, a lot of people seem to think that Amazon will be offering sales on occasion and if so then this is at least meaningful in that regard. Well, that and being able to buy from nearly any PC and not needing Media Go just to buy something from a PC (not much better then buying from a PSP though, just easier to navigate).

Rambojr03 said:

October 7th, 9:48 pm

Speaking of sales on Amazon, I’d love to see a Gold Box day full of PSN titles on sale! Also, I’ll be interested to see whether or not ECA discount codes (10% off) work with these games?

UsCoMmAnDeR said:

October 7th, 11:26 pm

HMM
PSN STORE REQUIRES A CREDIT CARD
AMAZON REQUIRES A CREDIT CARD

I dont understand the point of this.

freakzilla149 said:

October 8th, 1:24 am

Answer some of our damn questions. DOES THIS MEAN AMAZON CAN DISCOUNT PSN GAMES AS THEY SEE FIT?

Mr_F10ch3 said:

October 8th, 5:18 am

to MacbethZero…

amazon don’t accet paypal paymens only credit cards …

other wise what even the amazon’s PSN store is only available for the US, im dissapointing with this snif, snif….

im goin to buy a new slim ps3 after uncharted 2 is release n i wann buy some games like pixeljunk eden, rag doll.. n many more..

but i can’t, im dissapointing only us resident can buy

AceBeeDee said:

October 8th, 6:00 am

its the DIGITAL AGE, its interesting to say the least. to say the most, this is some serious accessibility.

KILLA_KING_007 said:

October 8th, 10:24 am

A+ You guys are really thinking over there.

j777g said:

October 8th, 10:28 am

nice

NxP3 said:

October 8th, 1:14 pm

Let’s say someone bought me a game on amazon.com and I already have it. They can get their money back?

safeshoping said:

October 8th, 6:06 pm

Anyone tried Codes from 4SaleUSA.com ?

Tjoeb123 said:

October 8th, 9:11 pm

Any chance we can add money to our wallets via Amazon?

palitococo said:

October 10th, 10:44 am

Eric Lempel you not have a solution for us, the no american customers, people that dont have PSN in the country?

Please hear us, i know that my PS3 its not suppose to be in my country because its imported, but please make something anyway.

palitococo said:

October 10th, 10:49 am

Sorry i mean no american consumers.

Mr_F10ch3 said:

October 14th, 9:07 am

im angry, today i buy a new ps3 from amazon n they give me a gif with promotinal credit for get a psn game code but i can’t use cuz my credit card is not from usa… snif snif..

Lempel you not have a solution for us, plz many people like me wannt buy some several games…….

PSN_Tokeio said:

October 16th, 7:43 am

Way to back pedal Eric on “All PSP UMD games will be available going forward on Oct. 1”. So do you like this up as you go along then you can’t get the liscensing for it so 2 weeks after launch you tell us “Oops, it’s up to the publisher.”

The PSPgo is now a complete failure. Go choice on fragmenting your userbase. The PSP was already struggling for users and now you go and cut them off from buying games.

Sony needs to get their act together and grow a pair. Make digital distribution a requirement NOT an option.

PAGE 1 2 3