Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Oct 07

NBA 2K10 New Demo and Features

Ronnie Singh's Avatar Posted by Ronnie Singh on Oct 07, 2009 // Sr. Community Manager, 2K Games

Hey NBA 2K fans,

My name is Ronnie and I am the Community Manager here at 2K Sports. Many of you know me as Ronnie2K. I am the guy that gets to take part in the ridiculous stunts that we pull off here at 2K Sports. I attend all the athlete motion capture sessions (my buddy Andre Iguodala), put on events for fans across the country (Alex Ovechkin greeting fans from a Zamboni in the heart of Manhattan), interview the brightest stars that represent our company (shout out to James White, expecting a big year out of you sir!), and bring together and distribute the most exclusive 2K Sports swag. Being a huge basketball player in my time and getting to work for the best NBA simulation on this planet is truly out of this world. Do I really get paid for this stuff? But don’t get me wrong, I am the guy that’s just like any of you: a huge fan of our video games and our company and I want to give you guys a voice here at 2K Sports. Feel free at anytime to drop me a line, ask a question, or challenge me to a game. I am a pretty challenging NBA 2K10 match-up if I do say so myself.

I wanted to discuss why NBA 2K10 is going to be the most realistic, simulation basketball experience to date. Our team has added all-new gameplay components, out-of-this-world graphics, even more realistic Signature Style animations, all-new presentation elements, and an unrivalled online system. The demo for PlayStation 3 will be out October 8th 15th. It will feature a one quarter match-up between last year’s NBA Finals opponents: pitting the Orlando Magic at the Los Angeles Lakers.

NBA 2K10 Kobe

You will get four of the most intense game play minutes to become familiar with the game and get a taste of why NBA 2K10 will be unrivaled in the basketball arena. It still amazes me how all ten of the players on the court match their real life counterparts, both physically and in their tendencies. I probably shouldn’t be surprised after watching all the development team’s motion capture efforts from the past few months. It is no surprise that the game’s artificial intelligence is more intelligent than ever and will give you the freedom to have complete control of the actual outcome and actions of your player and match-up. This season you won’t just play the NBA, you’ll TAKE OVER.

I also want to take the opportunity to explain modes that you won’t see in the demo, but are among the finest features within the full game that hits stores everywhere October 6th. My favorite one is the new NBA Today integration. My biggest gripe over the years is that when it came to commentary, presentation, and overlays, a regular exhibition game was happening in a vacuum. There was nothing “real” about it. It was a fantasy matchup that had no real-world context and no impact. I had the pleasure of meeting both Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg and talked to them about this issue. It amazed me how deep their knowledge of the game was and how we didn’t capture that fully before. They could talk about what was happening in that particular game and they could talk about what happened last season. That was pretty much it.

NBA 2K10 Eastern Conf

Now that your game and the NBA are in sync, the door is thrown open for dynamic commentary that’s based on what’s really happening in the real NBA. During the action, the play-by-play commentary is interspersed with real-life facts that touch on how the players and teams are doing during the season and how they played in their last outing. We spent hours recording thousands of lines of audio with Kevin & Clark, so that in game they can discuss a team’s previous real life win or loss, and what the determining factors were in that game. The commentary and presentation will constantly be changing throughout the season to coincide with the real league and transition from pre-season to regular season, and finally, to the postseason based on what is happening in real life.

Obviously with no previous game context going into the demo game, there is no audio in the demo, but something that you should look for in the full version of NBA 2K10 that will bring your experience to a new level. Another great mode is My Player. You will get to build a budding NBA player and make a ton of decisions in his career that will influence him in his transformation to potential star. You will get to create and customize your player, both in terms of looks and play style, put him through intense drills to increase his skills and attributes, and play in games where he must fit within the team flow, while completing both Offensive and Defensive objectives and achieving career milestones. Doing so will put him on course to becoming the next icon in the NBA. In brief, My Player brings role-playing to basketball and allows you to create any type of player at any position. Should be great fun to see what you guys come up with!

NBA 2K10 Vitals

I am looking forward to how impressive I can make my 6’7” Athletic Small Forward that I built in the pre-release NBA 2K10: Draft Combine. I hope many of you got an early start on your career by grabbing the Draft Combine SKU. You will only get to take part in the NBA Draft if you work hard and go through the Combine. It’s available to download from the PlayStation Store if you want that early boost. I am partial to those two features because a career mode and realistic commentary/presentation have been my biggest gripes over my ten years playing NBA 2K basketball, but there are so many more cool features I didn’t even get into in NBA 2K10. Feel free to drop a question if you have one below. But grab the demo on October 8th 15th and make sure to get your copy of NBA 2K10!

– Ronnie

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ dreww3 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Nice, I’m really glad to see you guys at 2K sports posting on the officail blog.

Looking forward to purchasing this game sometime this week.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Glad to be here… you can sense my overall excitement with NBA 2K10, it was great fun to work on the product this year between developers, marketing, and, most importantly, as a fan.

+ Miles514 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

i think this is going to be a great game. Im going to download it when it comes out! Oh and cool gun…

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

The gun is my favorite new toy.

+ wardisan2 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

how come the ps3 version of 2k10 does not include custom arena music like other versions of game?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

This is something we wanted to do and may in the future. It\’s the first year we have implemented this anywhere at all.

+ wardisan2 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

why doesnt the ps3 version of 2k10 have custom arena music?

+ jqtaxpayer on October 7th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Throw in the T-shirt cannon and I’m in.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

I am trying to figure out what all I want to do with it. The possibilities are endless. If a crazy guy shows up at an arena near you, chances are it\’ll be me.

+ bball230 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Why is it that 2k have a WAY more support toward the 360… U as debs fail to present the ps3 with simple features that the ps3 now supports such as in game music.. But u give it to the 360.. That’s bad developing… Why come post here if you just want to milk ps3 users for their money… If you want to support the 360 so much more don’t bother here…

+ bball230 on October 7th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Also why is It that even the graphics/ polish of everything even the MENUS of previous games and probably this game so bad compared to the other platforms…

+ DZORMAGEN on October 7th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

I love this game!! Great job 2K Sports, keep up the wood work!!

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

Hi guys! I am here to answer questions.

+ DavidK86 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

How come they are advertising a 360 game on a playstation blog? because 2K supports Xbox way more than PS3. I agree with comment 6, dont come here milking PS3 users money unless you are going to start supporting it the same way.

+ gema11981 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

are the servers working now ?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

The servers were working for 12 hours consecutively this morning.

+ DavidK86 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

No thanks, I think I will stick to NBA 10.

+ redtailman on October 7th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

awesome, I’m excited to play this

+ EvilZeus on October 7th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

And here I thought 2K was the laziest gaming company around.

+ B-RadGfromOV on October 7th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

@14 and 17, Seriously? that’s retarded if it’s true, omg…

+ Lokiroo420 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

I’m sorry, but putting a 360 game on the front page of the official playstation blog is an epic fail.

+ Korbei83 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

You know that’s a picture of an Xbox game, right?

+ Starrman4 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

I’ve read complaints about various problems and glitches such as frame rate issues in the paint. Are these problems being worked on for a future patch?

+ Starrman4 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

I’ve been reading up on getting this game and I’ve seen a few complaints about frame rate issues in the paint and various other glitches. Are there plans to put out a patch to deal with these complaints?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

The issue you are speaking about has to do with a camera. Turn off zoom in the key and you will run smoothly. A permanent solution is not far behind.

+ Starrman4 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Sorry about the double post, first one didn’t go up for a while there.

+ jedi_webslinger on October 7th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

I’ll try out the demo. But I agree with the 360 cover on the official us PS Blog. But a sports game needs to have custom music in the arenas these days.

+ reson8er on October 7th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Thanks for bringing us the Info Ronnie. Are there any plans to bring “legends” into the game? I would love to be able to relive my favorite times in Basketball with legendary teams and players of yore, including the Celtics(Bird, McHale, Perish) Lakers(Worthy, Johnson, Hastings) Bulls (MJ, Scotty Pipen), Trailbalzers (Clyde the Glide), Jazz (Malone, Stockton), Pistons (all the Bad Boys), The Knicks (Ewing), The Rockets (The Twin Towers) etc etc.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

Hi reson8er,
    A few of the legends you mentioned are already in the game. You can go to the various decade teams or NBA Blackstop.

However, to the best of my knowledge, all of these deals are done on a one-by-one basis as our NBA license excludes people who own their own names (i.e. most retired players). So while we\’d love to have them in there, it would take two to tango!

+ itothe3 on October 7th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

hey ronnie, the 2k team really made a great job this year on NBA 2k10 for the PS3, i just want to know why the custom music feature was left out of the ps3 version, NHL 10 (3rd party) has that and MLB 09(1st party) has that feature too, so it is not impossible to implement that feature for the ps3, I would appreciate a response. I would like to know also if you guys are planning to add that for next year for NBA 2k11 if a patch is too late for that feature, Thanks looking forward to a stable server and the patch.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

I can\’t go deeply into why it wasn\’t implemented this year, but we will do everything possible to make it happen for next year.

+ DirkDiggler36 on October 7th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

I have just grabbed 2k10. Its an improvement over 2K9. Its great and if you are a basketball fan, its a must have.

+ drdre74 on October 7th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Is Online better this year than 2k9? Last year there wasnt a great way to communicate in the lobby or a easy way to play a game with a friend online. If i went to the lobby i had to wait until a friend came in and hope nobody tries to jump in before my friend can sign in. I really hope this years online is really fleshed out. 2k8’s lobby system was a good starting point but was taking out in 2k9.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Great question!!! I hated what you reference here as well. This year, I feel like it might be the best lobby system ever.

That is because of a new feature called Who’s Online. This is essentially a floating lobby you can access just about anywhere in the game. Accessing Who’s Online by pushing Square on any screen will first bring up your friends list. Here you can get a quick glance at where your friends are by viewing their rich presence and quickly send a game invite to anyone you want.

Tabbing over (R2) will take you to the available players list. This is a list of everyone who is online and wants to play. To add yourself to this list, simply press Triangle. Scroll through the list, send messages, and scout possible opponents then when you’re ready to play select your opponent and set up the match you’d like to challenge them to. We provide a huge list of game options and sliders to set so that you get the exact game experience you want.

Who’s Online also comes into play when setting up Team-Up Crew games. You can invite other players from the Who’s Online available players list to your Pick-Up Lobby so you have a little more control over who you play with. Using this tool, you can scout teammates and fill your game with people who play your style of basketball rather than jumping into a game with random teammates.

One of the reasons I’m excited about this feature is, not only does it offer a way to tailor your game through settings and sliders, it really provides a good way to get more people who want to play in one place. I know that while the settings and sliders are fun and important for some, for others it’s really about finding the right type of opponent or teammate. With that, we are hoping that with the ease and availability of Who’s Online everyone will give everyone have a wide selection of opponents and teammates to chose from as well as the availability of all of the tools we provide to help scout each player. I also want to add: that part of the scouting tools is listing everyone’s ping bars so you can see what their connection looks like before sending them an invite. That is huge so you can filter out people who you may have lagged with last year.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

I have a question!

Anyone have questions about what life is like in the marketing department of a video game company? Any of you dreamed of working for us?

+ Bloodbalh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Hey Ron. First I want to say great game! Those “other” guys will never catch up. Please get the NFL license back from EA! I have a few questions:

1. I have been having issues uploading my in-game videos to your server. I can see it in my 2k profile, but it won’t play. Do you know what’s up?

2. NFL 2k had a stellar half-time show with breakdowns of plays and stuff that until this day, hasn’t been rivaled in any sports game. I know you guys kind of do it in-game but do you think something like this would be included during the half-time show in future releases of NBA 2k?

3. All-Star Weekend!!! We want a full version of it in game with All-Star Saturday where you can optionally participate in the events as well as get invites to players on your team to participate. If you don’t get an invite, you can still participate by selecting one of the participants or you can have a “spectator cam” where you can sit in the front row next to the other NBA players and watch the contest. Maybe you can even snap “photo’s” of the dunks and upload them to the servers as your All-Star Weekend experience!!!!

Didn’t mean to write a book. Thanks for the great game homie!

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Hi Bloodbath,
    Thanks for the feedback sir.

1) I wonder how much of that had to do with the first 12 hour server hiccups we were having. Try it again, and if it doesn\’t work, come hit me up on twitter or the 2K Sports forums.

2) I couldn\’t agree with you more here. I am going to make this top of the idea list we file every year from community this year as this is one of the few things we are missing.

3) We have a new and improved All Star Weekend where you can participate on everything. We have a new bench camera, though I am blanking on whether it works during this mode. And the photo snap you are referring to is also in this year\’s game… try using the Pressbook feature after the game. You can then upload them to the server and share them using 2K Share.

Hope that answer your questions, let me know if you need further explanation.

+ Tondog on October 7th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Uh, it’s not a 360 game. What makes you think that?

+ Lokiroo420 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

I see what you did there, smart move, lol.

+ CHRP718 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Got the game yesterday and I love it :)
Please add Custom Soundtracks. PLZ

+ DavidK86 on October 7th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

the picture of the 360 game got pulled fast…

+ Hittched on October 7th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

The game is for both 360 and ps3, but I have to admit, the 360 version always seems to outshine the ps3 version in almost every way. Whether that’s due to poor developing or because it’s a port or for whatever lame reason, I think that it’s unacceptable. I’ve been buying NBA2K for the last 5 years now, simply because it’s a great series. However it aggravates me when I see that the ps3 version is always weaker. That being said I will still get the ps3 version since ps3 is my system of choice.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

I don\’t really agree with your sentiment here or other comments of this nature. To be honest, many have reported that the PS3 graphics are sharper. I think it\’s a matter of what you\’re used to. I personally love playing on the PS3 and enjoy the online experience more than on any other system.

+ ClinToN on October 7th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Just got the full game today. Can’t wait to give it a go.

+ EvilZeus on October 7th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

Dear Ronnie, I’d like to know what the developers take into consideration for player ratings in comparison to NBA Live 10 having DNA that comes from player stats in real life.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Hi Evil!
    Great question. Our player ratings are on a 25-99 system and based on more attributes than any. Our overall ratings are a very deep formula that incorporates all statistics differently based on your position.

This year with the Player Progression system, you\’ll get a physical representation in the game about how each player is getting better or worse on every statistic. It\’s a really cool feature.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Glad those of you who got the game enjoy it! It really is a great experience, especially offline. Online, since the server smoothed out, I have gotten great reports of games.

+ ColeBeans on October 7th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

So what makes 2k10 better than NBA Live10? Iv’e always bout live but everyone is telling me to get 2k so why should I get it?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

We have been the #1 selling and #1 rated for several years. The NBA 2K10 gameplay is unrivaled and, from my point of view, we have just blown up in presentation the last two years. Our features continue to blow people away, notably what I discussed about with My Player and NBA Today.

NBA Today is just crazy. During the season, Kobe goes off for 81 again, the game is going to know that when you play with or against the Lakers. That is just insane.

+ LUGIEZ on October 7th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

yes, keep on skankin’ Ronnie!

+ EvilZeus on October 7th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Well see what I’m curious about is how you guys judge what player is good at what. I understand the rating system for the most part. I just want to know where the ratings come from.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

The ratings are derived initially from stats from the previous season, giving various baselines attributes from a formula. Then our mysterious NBA 2K Insider uses judgment on athletic ability. Then we look at larger and smaller sample sizes. Was this player a fluke last year based on his last three years? What hot zones and where do people shoot from and how successful are they from there?

And then lastly, we have a tendency system new to this year that is run through http://www.82games.com. Here\’s more info on that for all those interested: http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=987609&l=11

+ ekianela on October 7th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

So Ronnie, When will 2K actually release a finished game? Does the game go through a QA process, if so how did they miss the bugs present in the game?

Are you actually proud to endorse a broken game to the masses where all the players are pissed because 2K dropped the ball again this year… but then again you are in the 2K payroll. Sorry to troll you but damn this has got to stop. Since you are busy answering posts here instead of the 2K forums I decided to catch you here.

Now you can ban me.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

I spend hours upon hours on the 2K Sports Forums, so I refuse to comment on that further. I am sure you have seen the support I have there.

What bugs are you referring to? This general \”there are bugs\” statement needs more information. Come track me down on the forums if you want to discuss them.

+ DaPinz on October 7th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Hey Ron. Speaking of the game (the rapper) the players that won tha 2k tournament from 2k9 to make it on tha 2k team are they in 2k10? And is the rapper (the game) in 2k10 also??

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Absolutely. Team 2K is in the game, guys that were among our best players in the world, including the second highest rated PS3 player, The Game. They should be fun to play with.

+ KidCommando on October 7th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

I have no interest in sports games, but just wanted to say you are doing a GREAT job of replying to these comments.

I wish more posters took the time to answer questions and address issues.

Hats off to ya Ronnie!

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Why thanks Kid! :-) It\’s my pleasure, I do this on our own communities and everywhere I can get to. I love our product and want to get the word out everywhere.

You should become a 2K Sports gamer. Trust me, you\’ll enjoy it :-). I had to try!

+ donporoto on October 7th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

It’ll be only widescreen like NBA 2k9? I have a SDTV and that was really annoying.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

You can change the resolution in your display settings on your console I am quite sure.

+ MiChAeL6 on October 7th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

I bought nba 2k7 when that was released and it was more aggravating that fun. Obviously this is years later but it left a stale taste in my mouth.

+ iCyCo on October 7th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Why’s the demo so late… been waiting on this to compare to the Live demo which I’ve been playing alot… and why only 1 qtr, Live gives you 2

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

It\’s not something we enjoy (in terms of timing). It\’s just one of those freak occurrences this year. Last year, the demo was out 3 weeks in advance so…

I have been thinking about discussing with the team a new demo format, starting as soon as MLB 2K10. I think demo\’s as they are now don\’t give a full story of our game. Let\’s see what happens.

+ ChaseHammerJ on October 7th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

How about early PSN codes for the demo? hehe.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

I would love to! PSN needs to hook me up with one for myself! :-p

+ most-ghost on October 7th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

1st of all fk 2k10!! live10 Dan did it this year..
2nd u guys can’t even drop the demo on ps3 b4 the game comes out?? Wtf?
Microsoft drop a free extra cash and u guys make a mess with the ps3 version?wow tha cold!!! Good luck gettin my Canadian 70 bucks plus tax!!

+ Pulseman on October 7th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

I personally dont like paying $60 for a game that loses %90 of its value in 11 months and then pay $60 every single year for a couple of improvements.

I would suggest making it $29.99 so that I can keep up with your annual updates.

As a developer myself, I cannot justify the full price when it is clear that you spent only 11 months to develop it.

I personally buy your game every three-four years to justify my purchase. I do the exact same thing for Madden and other sport games, but if they were cheaper I would have probably bought them every year.

Can you explain your rationality on this beside milking poor gamers money like there is no tomorrow?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I would agree with you if it wasn\’t for the amount of features we here at 2K Sports add EACH AND EVERY year. It\’s quite amazing in the development cycle you talk about. Here are just a few big ones:

NBA Today – All the real world matchups, news and stats are automatically streamed right into your game providing dynamic commentary and presentation elements based upon what is happening in the real NBA.

My Player Mode – Create the ultimate NBA player and guide his every career move. Start as an undrafted rookie in the Summer Circuit; work hard enough and you may get an invite to participate in an NBA team’s training camp, or you may end up in the D-League. The road to being an NBA star is a long and hard battle.

Crews – Round up your friends and build the ultimate squad, using either your created players from My Player mode or an actual NBA team, then go online and battle other Crews for bragging rights and progression points as you try to climb your way to the top of the Crew leaderboard rankings.

Living Rosters – The 2K Insider and his team of NBA analysts continue to keep NBA 2K10 fresh with up-to-date team and player information, including roster and lineup moves, trades, injuries and player ratings. Now track all of the changes through the season with interactive menus and analysis.

Seamless Online Experience – Forget the past, with NBA2K10 online play is fully incorporated into every mode of the game. Now you can play the AI, challenge the friend sitting next to you or play your buddy across town anytime, from anywhere in the game.

Signature Play – Signature Play pulls together all of NBA 2K’s player Signature Styles and adds in all-new Signature Tendencies and facial expressions, creating NBA 2K10 teams that play and react like their real life counterparts for an unbelievably realistic NBA experience.

NEW Intuitive Offensive Controls – All-new easy-to-use dribbling and post game controls allow you to pull off ankle breaking Iso-Motion moves and dominate like Kobe from the perimeter to the paint.

Shut Down D – Shut down teams down like never before with innovative defensive controls that allow you to shadow your opponent’s every move, deny position off-ball, and even select how you want to contest shots.

This doesn\’t even speak to the small tweaks in gameplay, etc that our hardcore fans love. The defense plays completely different this year. Last year, it was too easy to score in the post. Now, it\’s dramatically more difficult to \”cheese\” to those hardcore fans. It\’s a completely different game than last year!

+ Agent_Clutch on October 7th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Hey Ronnie,

I don’t know if you’re still here answering questions. But is this feature implemented in the game. I just got the game and haven’t been able to play. Create a play/playbook feature. This hasn’t been in any 2k series that I can think of. I think it would be awesome to design my own plays. Can this be patched or looked at as a possible feature for the future?

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

I think that\’s an awesome idea. Something that should go in that idea doc for next year.

We did do something you may be interested in though. First of all, we wanted to give the user more plays to access during the game. The old play-calling system felt very limited since we only allowed a maximum of 8 plays to choose from: 4 Quick Plays and 4 Set Plays by default. With the majority of the default plays designed for your star player(s) like Kobe, it left you with little or no plays to call for the other players on the court. This is no longer a problem in NBA 2K10 as you now have access to 4 plays per position during game play. Include the 4 Quick Plays and you have a total of 24 plays available to you.

The new play-calling system doesn’t end there. You can now assign any play to each and every position. If you like a particular Pick & Roll play, you can assign the same play to both your Center and Power Forward if you want. If you have a 3-point shooting Point Guard and Center, you can give them the same play as well. With the help of the in-game play diagram – PlayVision – you can now execute plays in NBA 2K10 like never before.

+ ESHAM976 on October 7th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

why no reply for statement number 45.

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Because I answer it in post 3. :-)

+ ESHAM976 on October 7th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

are there put back dunks in this game. because i have nba2k9 and the entire year i had it and played i never saw a missed shot caught and slammed dunk back in(a put back dunk)

+ Ronnie Singh on October 7th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Yes, the most amazing thing you\’ll see when it happens the first time! We added several dozen putbacks of all types: big man dunks, small man dunks, moving dunks, standing dunks, low catches, high catches, lay-ups, lay-ins, etc. We hit all necessary angles to ensure great coverage. Like alley-oops, players can only pull these off if they have the necessary ability or size thresholds, which change per animation. On top of this, players can miss these putbacks or completely whiff on the ball altogether. It’s a well-balanced mechanism and truly needed feature that really adds a “wow” factor to the game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4