PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Critter Crunch Out Today on PSN! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar + Posted by Kris Piotrowski on Oct 08, 2009 // Creative Director, Capy

CritterCrunch Logo

Hello friends!

This is it! Today is the day! Critter Crunch is out in North America! So this afternoon, turn on your PlayStation 3, log on to the PlayStation Store, and download it! It’s only $6.99!

Until then, check out our launch trailer entitled “A Barf In The Night”:

For those of you unfamiliar with Capy’s hand-animated 60 frames-per-second arcade-puzzle extravaganza, here’s a quick recap:

• Crazy Single Player Modes: Adventure, Puzzle, Challenge and Survival
  • Crazy Multiplayer Modes: Versus and Co-Op (offline and online via the Playstation Network)
  • Crazy Trophies!
  • Barf!
  • Critter Crunch New Screen

And just in case you missed the first batch of reviews, here are a couple of handy links to help you get up to speed with the word on the street:

Destructoid says:

“With Critter Crunch, Capybara has designed one of the most original and endearing titles the puzzle genre has seen in years…With solid gameplay mechanics and the iconic character designs of Biggs and company, it’s a game that belongs in any puzzle fan’s digital library.”

IGN says:

“It sets a new standard for graphics in the genre and is simply one of the best looking games on PSN. Luckily, it also has the gameplay to back up the looks. No puzzle fan should miss this. Even if you don’t consider yourself a fan of the genre, you’ll likely find Biggs’ charm hard to resist.”

And for those of you that just ADORE rainbow-colored spew, here’s another trailer just for kicks:

Yikes! That’s a whole lot of Critter Crunch up in this post. Go forth, Critter Crunch fans, and multiply.

See you online!

-Kris

+ CecilMcW00t on October 8th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

XD @ OM NOM NOM

I’m so buying this! Come on Sony, update the store… =(

+ Chaotic__Clown on October 8th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

you guys have done a good job with this game. it looks really good.

+ CSM-T800-IC34 on October 8th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

When will the store be updated

+ lukeike on October 8th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

wow so many replies! would you reply to mine?? haha AND WOW!! hand-animated 2D art! Awesome! I will buy it just for the fact that it is hand-animated!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 8th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

I want to really pick this up today!

Can you please confirm that In-Game XMB Music will be added later in the first patch??

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Nathan Vella on October 8th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

It will indeed be in the first patch.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 8th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Sorry I just saw that you confirmed it earlier! I’ll be getting this today!!!! YAY!

+ Ryuuchi10 on October 8th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Where’s the update, I want to see this game…=\

+ Kchow23 on October 8th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

+ ziggurcat on October 8th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

is this only available in the U.S.? it hasn’t shown up in my store (it’s 6:30pm EST, i live in canada).

+ mikedo2007 on October 8th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

The game looks intresting and very cute. Are there any plan to release Critter Crunch in Japan? I know a lot of Japanese audience would love this game, they can’t ignore cute critters.

+ nerdmanwhippy on October 8th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

Been waiting all day for psn to update so I can pick this up.

Just wanted to say once again kudos to making an excellent game, and thanks for pricing it under 10$ as it’s always nice to be able to pick up a quality game without having to worry about the wallet.

+ Poacher619 on October 8th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Looks like something I can play with my wife. She likes puzzle games and cutesy stuff.

+ xeno3d on October 8th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Please make this available for the PSP in the future!

+ Azruelli on October 8th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

The creature you play as makes me think of a Dehorned pygmy Bantha turned anime. Awesome.

Also, I’ve been excited for this since I saw the first trailer go up, it looks like an innovative puzzle game. And after seeing what Dtoid gave it (Reader/Writer synonymous taste is a little unprecedented, but, yeah) I have a feeling I’m under exaggerating what I’m getting into. Waiting for PSN to update now and then I’ll snag it.
Good work Capy, I hope your game is as fun as it sounds.

+ BlizzleJazzle on October 8th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Megabytes!?!?! I LOOOOOOVE MEGABYTES!!! AND I LOOOOVE CRITTER CRUNCH!!!!

+ SNOPES on October 8th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I am downloading the game right now. Just search for the game in the View by title section on the PSN.

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Kris Piotrowski on October 8th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

IT’S UP!!!!!

+ jiggyteddy on October 8th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Hi Kris, one question.

Do you guys have a twitter account? Thanks!

+ jiggyteddy on October 8th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Hi Kris.

Would you guys happen to have a twitter account? Please provide if so.

Thanks!

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Nathan Vella on October 8th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

@kris_piotrowski for kris
    @Capy_Nathan for me!

+ boxmyth on October 8th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Critter Crunch dynamic theme plz.

+ Lord_Von_Punx on October 8th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

sweet! you hear that everyone ask for Remote play and Custom soundtracks!!!

+ Lord_Von_Punx on October 8th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

also no H.U.D.!

+ Feiwaltan on October 8th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Please Please Please have those alternative costume design for Biggs as DLC, free would be prefered. Those designs are freaking awesome even the Dtoid one, these are really cool. make this happen Sony and Capy HQ.

+ ADR143 on October 8th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

im going to try and get this

+ wolfzero1 on October 8th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

I have this for my Ipod, and while the controls are a little frustrating its fun to play.

guess I’ll get it for my PS3 too

+ rbanke on October 8th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

“Kris Piotrowski replied on October 8, 2009 at 11:34 am
Hey reson8er (nice name, btw),
The demo is coming very soon, hopefully about 2 weeks from now. And it’ll features both single player and multiplayer online.

Funny when I bought it, i had to download the DEMO then an unlock code. Strange that the demo is being withheld.

+ SpyDudeFX on October 8th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

@126, they are probably holding it back to encourage people to make the purchase on the whim since it’s “only” $6.99 lol Fun game.

Nathan, how do you get the level 5 trophy? I’m level 5 now and no trophy??

+ AceBeeDee on October 8th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

root beer tapper…in cute 1080p

+ InFaMoUs1- on October 8th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Guys this game is awesome!

Do you have PSN if so please reply this isnt my main PSN ID.

P.S.

THANK YOU for the amazing game at a great price, you guys deserve it for being so gracious to the PlayStation Blog and its readers.

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Kris Piotrowski on October 9th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

thanks a lot! Maybe we battled last night in versus mode?

If you took on Capytronix or fiddler6, you were taking on someone from the studio, so don\’t feel bad if you got rocked:)

+ JpaQ on October 8th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Downloading CC right this second. Saw the reviews and low price and thought, “hell yah!”

so i bought it.

i’m wondering though, b4 i started downloading, i saw that i had to DL a key and a demo, but i didnt see any demo in the store.
but anyway, 16% more til i get to crunching

+ Bhran on October 8th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

I think I may be getting this, the price is too tempting and it looks too good!

+ starBlinky01 on October 8th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

great game guys! I killed a sparkling tiny critter and didnt get a prize :(

And also when making multipliers if we place 2 little guys below a big guy then kill all the big guys and then the 2 little guys fall into 2 medium guys, does that continue the combo? Because so far I have found that it does not.. which kinda sucks..

Also I wish we could level up even for losing a match online. Maybe if its just like 1/4th or even less of what we would get if we won. Its just so heart breaking when you dont win anything :(

Not many online matches going right now. I want to play coop with someone! ugh! Cmon people!!

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Kris Piotrowski on October 9th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

We\’re going to be setting up a forum on our site next week to capture everyones feedback and then we\’ll do our best to fix as many issues as possible with the first patch.

Thanks for the feedback, we\’re on it!

+ shadysaiyanz on October 8th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Hey Nate, (i’m the guy that made he sweet boxart :D) I figure i’d ask before i bought it. (also don’t have the time today to get on)

Any free codes?

:P

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Nathan Vella on October 9th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

check your boxart page dude :)

+ x_D0RC_x on October 8th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

I will be getting this asap. Nothing against Critter Crunch, but PSN arcades games should have demos mandatory and release them at the same day when the games comes out.

This game is good, I’ve been playing the free version for the iphone. Any word if this will be on other systems? Everyone should play this game.

+ Sakimori_X on October 8th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Hooray for online versus!

+ DZORMAGEN on October 8th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

I bought it! Thank you for a great game!!! PSP next please!!

I hope this get TOP DOWNLOAD GAME this month!!

+ mister1337 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

Who cares about this?! We want Dissidia on PSN!

+ Cheddare on October 8th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

Hey Kris thanks for all the awesome support for the users of Psblog and thanks for an awesome title.

Played it for a good hour and am quite impressed. Keep up the good work. Can’t wait for ingame music :)

Again awesome work. Hope to see lots more good titles from you guys in the future.

+ rojoro on October 8th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

This game is amazing. One thing I’m really impressed with is difficulty. I thought a $7 puzzle game would mean I’d breeze through single player but I got up to puzzle 40 and had to take a break it was getting frustrating (in a good way). So I think I’m done for the night, goodbye number 1 in the rankings, I’ll probably never see you again.

+ Ozumo on October 8th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

As promised in my earlier post, I bought this game, and it is great! I was having a great time with it, and my 6 year old daughter was, too! We only tried single player tonight, but will do some co-op tomorrow! The game looks beautiful on my HDTV.

Props to Capy, best puzzle game I’ve played since Peggle!

+ StrykerIsland on October 8th, 2009 at 10:58 pm said:

Been playing this for a few hours now, wow, fantastic game! There is a little lag in the online co-op mode for the person that isn’t the host though… will that be looked at?

Everything else is golden though.

+ Daniel_Gonzz on October 9th, 2009 at 4:01 am said:

Love the game!

You guys should make an RPG, haha just suggesting. :P

+ nv_Los on October 9th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

i Bought the game yesterday and i gotta say i LOVED it and so did my wife =)
thanks for your support Capy!

+ KidCommando on October 9th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

AWESOME game at an extremely reasonable price!

Anybody who likes puzzle games should pick this up, it is soooo worth $7.

Great job on the game Capy! The presentation is top notch and the gameplay elements are very fresh.

+ DeviantBoi on October 9th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

Bought it last night. Just wanted to let you know that you picked the perfect price for it. I felt more inclined to get it for $7 than I would have if it was priced at $10.

+ Bierbeer on October 9th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

Whats up with blocking EU CreditCards in de US store? Ive got a PS3 from launch and used my VISA CC a few times in the US store. Now ive got a new mastercard cc and it is invalid for the US store?

a well, here we say there are several ways to rome. Just bought a 50 dollar US PSN card :) I JUST CANT RESIST BUYING THIS GAME :)

+ th4nGthO_241 on October 9th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

i encountered an error when trying to play network co-op/ versus with my friend. I use wired connection and my friend uses wireless. It said something like “connection settings not compatible” with a long error code i don’t remember.
Help pls!!!

+ CowboyDan on October 9th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Downloaded this last night and played for about two hours. It is absolulty fantastic. I’d put this game up there as one of the best puzzle games I have played. I really like the balance of quick action and strategy.

BTW, if you make a PSP or an Android version I will buy it without hesitation. Heck, I’ll buy both.

+ CowboyDan on October 9th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I played this last night for about 2 hours. This game is fantastic. Such a great blend of fast action and strategy. Plus, it just has so much “personality” (which is something I didn’t realize I wanted from a puzzle game).

BTW, if you make this for PSP or for Android phones, I will buy a copy for both!

+ CowboyDan on October 9th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Sorry for the double (well, now triple) post. It looked like my first one never made it (I was given a server error).

Oh well, you can see how good my memory is from when I re-wrote the comment.