Minecraft PS4

Critter Crunch Out Today on PSN! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Kris Piotrowski's Avatar + Posted by Kris Piotrowski on Oct 08, 2009 // Creative Director, Capy

CritterCrunch Logo

Hello friends!

This is it! Today is the day! Critter Crunch is out in North America! So this afternoon, turn on your PlayStation 3, log on to the PlayStation Store, and download it! It’s only $6.99!

Until then, check out our launch trailer entitled “A Barf In The Night”:

For those of you unfamiliar with Capy’s hand-animated 60 frames-per-second arcade-puzzle extravaganza, here’s a quick recap:

• Crazy Single Player Modes: Adventure, Puzzle, Challenge and Survival
  • Crazy Multiplayer Modes: Versus and Co-Op (offline and online via the Playstation Network)
  • Crazy Trophies!
  • Barf!
  • Critter Crunch New Screen

And just in case you missed the first batch of reviews, here are a couple of handy links to help you get up to speed with the word on the street:

Destructoid says:

“With Critter Crunch, Capybara has designed one of the most original and endearing titles the puzzle genre has seen in years…With solid gameplay mechanics and the iconic character designs of Biggs and company, it’s a game that belongs in any puzzle fan’s digital library.”

IGN says:

“It sets a new standard for graphics in the genre and is simply one of the best looking games on PSN. Luckily, it also has the gameplay to back up the looks. No puzzle fan should miss this. Even if you don’t consider yourself a fan of the genre, you’ll likely find Biggs’ charm hard to resist.”

And for those of you that just ADORE rainbow-colored spew, here’s another trailer just for kicks:

Yikes! That’s a whole lot of Critter Crunch up in this post. Go forth, Critter Crunch fans, and multiply.

See you online!

-Kris

PAGE 1 2 3 4
Kris Piotrowski's Avatar

+ Kris Piotrowski on October 9th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who grabbed the game last night and jumped online for some versus action. I can’t believe I am not first on the leaderboards but I guess that’s a good thing…

Tonight I will defend my honor: If you’re matched up with splotki in online versus, I will show you no mercy!

+ ElektroDragon on October 9th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

I bought this game as promised earlier. WOW!!! It is an absolute work of art! So impressed, and such a reasonable price. I probably would not have bought it a $9.99 without seeing a demo first. I am really blown away, and trust me, that takes some doing as I have tried thousands of games over the years. Buy this ASAP guys!! High quality stuff! Can’t wait for more games from Capybara!

+ ElektroDragon on October 9th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

By the way, any plans to put this game on XBLA? I would buy it AGAIN there, if you did, it’s that good! Certainly better than a large amount of the existing XBLA catalog.

+ NyghtHawk on October 9th, 2009 at 11:46 pm said:

Seems there are some online various issues with finding players and some freezing. Great game just want to see the online issues addressed.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 10th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

Bought the game last night after my exam!

And I have to say this is a great game with great graphics, presentation, game play modes, co-op and online play and hopefully once the first patch comes along we are getting Custom soundtracks!

I just wanted to say GREAT GAME GREAT PRICE POINT!

PS… Please try to bring Biggs to our avatar selection! He officially has a new fan club!

+ Elvick_ on October 10th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

This game is awesome. I lag on the co-op online though. I typically get stuck with my tongue sticking out. lol

It’s all good, I can still do fairly well. This one challenge is hard though. It’s nearly impossible to fill the hunger meter without doing any food chains. It’s so hard. ):

+ skincarver on October 10th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

picked this game up this morning…after learning to play it the whole family is in “my turn” mode…excellent game and price!!

+ nerdmanwhippy on October 10th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

So after playing it, just wanted to say you did an amazing job making this game. It met and surpassed my expectations.

Kudos guys.

+ CecilMcW00t on October 11th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I too bought this game the day of release and am having a blast with it. Been looking for a good puzzle game like this for a while! OM NOM NOM ^_^

+ DaDarknessDor on October 11th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Yeah I’m buying this game too. I’ve been looking for a game with amazing graphics and addicting gameplay and this game looks like it could meet my standards and the price is right so I have no complaints.

+ InFaMoUs1- on October 11th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

@Nathan

Ah I played with fiddler6 the first day but yeah I think it was coop and versus. I believe I won in versus mode but my PSN ID is SweetSolace so watch out for me online.

+ Khrysller on October 13th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Hi… I was waiting for the game for the 1st day I saw the first screen and of course I bought it on day launch and it is an amazing game. I think I played a bunch of time, to today I am in the 4th place in online versus… there are a really challenge dudes out there.

I take not of some ‘bugs’ I found. Sorry for my poor english. Any question should arrive to my mail khrysller at g m a i l dot co m.

+ Khrysller on October 13th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

part 1/2:

– In Chow-Choo Cave, scene 1 even if I give the son all the rainbown juice, and end the scene, when the game come back to the world, it didn’t show the scene juiced.

– I got a distorced sound everytime I went to online multiplayer (didn´t notice it in other places). The music plays and sunddenly…BIRB… a weird noise… and the music goes on… So I need to put the sound on very low, ’cause I don´t need this noise to hurt my sound system (actually a Sony HT SS2300)

– In some stages seens to be a graphic over a gráphic in a X/Y weird coord. I am using a 42 Plasma HDTV, it has a 1024×768 resolution… hope u guys tested the game in this scenario.

– On the lunch day and in the friday I tested Co-op and I got stuck just after press X, so the tongue are launched and I can move my char. on this morning I tested again and It worked now. Sadly all my disconnects was related to this issue.

– On Delicious Bonus Tree, scene 1 no matter how many points I do, the game always show I ended the scene with 1 point.

– Some texts has 2 spaces between words, for example, the challenge scene from the Sandy Crack Beach. There are other for the tips in the Versus while online… but I didn’t take note.

+ Khrysller on October 13th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

part 2/2:

– In the survival mode, after you die, the result screen always show the icon of the son did not filled with the rainbow. I realized it happens if you end the survival mode without end the filling process. Should be like this? ’cause In the case I went, I filled the son 3 times and I didn’t finish the fourth, so when I died the results showed the icon of the son did not filled… and its not all true… Maybe some other icon? AND another way to show how many times the son got filled?

+ ZildjianKX on October 18th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

So I kept my word and picked it up last night. Great game, vastly superior to the iPhone version!

I only have two real beefs with the game:

Random static that keeps occurring throughout the game (google Critter Crunch static), others are having this issue too.

Hardly anyone is playing it online (or so it seems). Took me forever to even find someone to play with online… it’s going to be tough to get the online trophy vs rank trophy.

Great game though, just hope the static problem gets fixed.

+ ZildjianKX on October 18th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

@165… never mind, I just read on another board that you guys are fixing the static problem. Awesome :)

+ Bhran on October 19th, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

Hey! I bought the game just now, I played the Adventure mode and it’s awesome, but I can’t play online! D: !!! I need help, it displays the following error: 0x8002a80f
I tried searching it with the Error Code Tool, but it’s not there, even in Google. It happens everytime I try to play with my friends or quick matching. Please Help! I have a router, does it means I need some special port open? I have type 2 NAT.

PAGE 1 2 3 4