PS4 - Destiny

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Has Cracked Gold

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Oct 08, 2009 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, wanted to drop by and share the happy news that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time has officially gone gold and been released to manufacturing in North America. This means you can expect the game on October 27 in North America at your favorite game shop. It’s been an incredible experience seeing this game come together at Insomniac over the last year. From our earliest prototypes of Clank’s time gameplay, to the final space exploration levels that allow Ratchet to land on and explore spherical moons, there has been a ton of effort and love put into this game by the team here at Insomniac. We’re really excited to get it out to you guys, our fans, and let you experience the conclusion of the Ratchet & Clank Future story arc.

There will be much new content hitting over the next couple of weeks – including some special coverage on G4’s X-Play where you’ll see one of our time travel levels for the first time.

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

In the meantime though, head over to Game Informer to check out this special video we put together for their recent site re-launch. It’s all about the replay mode in the game. We spent a lot of time adding extra replay features, a special uber-boss you have to collect all of the Zoni to fight, the Insomniac Museum, optional super-hard Clank puzzles, and of course trophies, which are in addition to the Insomniac-created “Skill Points” we’ve had in all of our games since Spyro: Ripto’s Rage.

That’s all for now – if you haven’t pre-ordered the game already, we have some great in-game pre-order bonuses from our various retail partners Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Game Crazy. And if you haven’t checked out the Future series of games yet, Tools of Destruction is available as a Greatest Hits title now at $29.99 – so you have a couple weeks to catch up (when you’re not playing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, of course).

If you have any questions, post them below and I’ll do my best to answer as many as I can!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ poweredbyzen on October 8th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

i want free stuff!

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

BTW all – sorry I\’m late on replying to your comments. If you know me, you realize I\’m a gigantic Nebraska Cornhusker fan, and while I wrote this post a couple days ago, it hit right before kickoff. I wasn\’t near a computer until now.

Thanks for your patience, I\’ll try to answer as many questions as possible below, so feel free to add more!

+ Jim777 on October 8th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Congtats guys, this is the biggest game of the year IMO, and i cant wait :) im a little sad we dont get a collectors editoin but ill deal :P

again congrats on being one of the all time best devs for Sony and the PS3 i hope to work for you guys some day :D

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Thanks for the kind words!

+ DeathSoldier11 on October 8th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Cool. Too bad I don’t have enough money to buy it. I only have enough for Uncharted 2 =(

+ Numba1Patman on October 8th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

October 27th can not come soon enough. I love R&C and believe that this is a series that will never loose it’s steam.

Thank you so much, Insomniac!!

+ MiiAmigo on October 8th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Sweet, I really hope this one is longer than the first one this gen. Cool nonetheless.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

It\’s definitely longer than Tools of Destruction with a lot of secrets and stuff to find (check out that replay video I linked to in the post!)

+ LittleBigPodcast on October 8th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

6th…lol… seriously though, nice job on an incredible looking game! I wont be able to sleep that night!

+ XKILLER44 on October 8th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

Sweet cant wait

+ mafecto on October 8th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

AWESOME!

Not that it needs one, but will ACIT have any type of online mode? Or are you saving that surprise for launch?

Buying it day one, for sure, regardless.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

ACIT was designed as a single-player experience from the very beginning. We wanted to wrap up the Future trilogy and story arc in grand style.

+ starBlinky01 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Will there be a demo before launch? Id like to try this one out before buying it.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

There will actually be two demos – one featuring Ratchet, the other featuring Clank. At least one should hit before launch.

+ Zonnes on October 8th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Amazing, amazing! Well done Insomniac Games!

But I don’t know why this game doesn’t get the attention it deserves!?! I personally think Sony should’ve shown it at their E3 press conference and GamesCom.

This game deserves more hype. :(

+ Kodaime on October 8th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

I’m postponing getting Uncharted 2 for Ratchet and Clank. First day buy for me.

+ LIFEOFDAPARTY312 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

When does the demo release?
And hopefully it doesn’t clash with my U2 time but still I want one!

+ LH13 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

I always wondered what ‘going gold’ meant, I was just too lazy to search. thanks for the info.

day one buyer. maybe I can find someone to crack the street date. you guys shipping to 7-11?

+ Dragoon7 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Awesome. I pre-ordered Ratchet.

I just have one question. How come it says the game comes out on the 20th of October on Gamestop.com

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

That should be corrected now.

+ Dragoon7 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

Why does Gamestop.com say that the game releases the 20th?

+ CRONIC_GAMER on October 8th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this one . Is the clank game available for Psp go or what? How many hours of stoy line am I looking forward to?

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Not sure if Secret Agent Clank is on the PSN store (that was developed by our good friends High Impact Games).

That said – A Crack in Time is longer than Tools of Destruction and a much bigger game in general with all of the various side quests and such.

+ Ostriker911 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

psst: we need trophies for tools of destruction since crack in time will be release cmon sony make my dream true(i just bought my ps3 so… ill give you a cookie!)

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

I hear ya – but re-opening an old projects takes a huge amount of work, and we\’re already off and working on our next game.

+ Cheesy9 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Glad to hear the good news. By the way, is there going to be any possible DLC for this game in the future? (weapons, planets etc.)

+ BlooodyCow on October 8th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

sweet. Ratchet and Clank, Demon’s Souls, Borderlands, and lets not forget Uncharted 2 this month. I think this is the best gaming month I ever experience my all my years of gaming.

+ Chaos_Bladez on October 8th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Pre ordered at best buy and I’m a bit confused about it.
What exactly is the cryomine glove thing I get? Is a skin? Do I get the weapon for free? If it’s a skin is it exclusive?

Thanks and can wait to get this and Tekken 6 on October 27.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

You get the weapon for free (and early), an exclusive skin for it as well. And Tekken is going to be sick too, can\’t wait!

+ ULRA-1- on October 8th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

CAn’t wait for this an uncharted 2! These 2 will be amazing!

Just a question. there’s no collectors edition for U.S right? =(

+ Zezzler on October 8th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

The box say PlayStation Network on it, so i am lead to beleive there are some connection to PSN. What kinds of PSN connectivity were implimented into this game (DLC, Leaderboards, etc.)???

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

There are single-player stats and leaderboards for those stats that will be on our new Insomniac website.

+ ProSoldier14 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

The Blog really needs a countdown for the game like the Uncharted 2 countdown. :P

+ LRGKING on October 8th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Congratulations!
I already have my copy pre ordered, so I will def. be playing it.
And I think im gonna go buy Tools of destruction tomorrow so I can play it all weekend(im new to the R&C universe).
Because once the 13th comes by all my time will be devoted to Uncharted 2 err… most of it, *shakes fist angrily at my college* Ha!

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

You should definitely play TOD this weekend (and maybe even download and try out Q4B if you have time) before U2 hits. It\’ll catch you up, and it\’s a really great game well worth your $30.

+ VenomXv on October 8th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait

+ EmperorKorea on October 8th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

terrible box art…

will there be armors in this game?

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

There are several levels of Holo-Armor that Ratchet can upgrade to as the game goes on.

Sorry you don\’t like the box art – we think it\’s pretty striking here!

+ EmperorKorea on October 8th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

terrible box art…

will there be armors in this game?

+ ParadoX444 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Good news, can’t wait to buy this.

+ l0_t0 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Now A crack in time is gold, please, patch tools of destruction with trophies!

+ NeodeosX on October 8th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

Hey James !
Great news, congrats to everyone at IG !

Now that the game is finished, could you tell us how long is the game the first playthrough, compared to TOD ?

With everything that was said about this game, it would seem it’s between 15 and 20 hours long, like Going Commando :)

+ BlooodyCow on October 8th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

@James Stevenson

Nathan Hale better be in Resistance 3 or no buy. :)

+ BlooodyCow on October 8th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

@James Stevenson
Actually let me re-phase that.
Nathan Hale better be the main character or not buy.

+ tagout on October 8th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

Yo James Stevenson, imma let you finish, but I want to see Resistance 3 by next year, can Insomniac Games make that happen?

+ BigBoss712 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game, recently got ToD and was a lot of fun, its gonna be a busy month but of course I will have time for Ratchet. =)

Is Resistance 3 next? really hope so!

+ remanutd5 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

hey James does Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time supports online play??? i keep seeing the playstation network logo in the boxart , well either way its a day 1 buy for me and im with BloodyCow Nathan Hale BETTER be the main character in Resistance 3 , i have played his story in the last 2 i dont want to play someone else’s story in part 3

+ tagout on October 8th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

RESISTANCE 3 WITH UNCHARTED 2’S ENGINE? CONFIRM OR DENY!

+ Storage-Q on October 8th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

It has been confirmed many times there will be no multiplayer in A Crack in Time.

+ lets-be_azn on October 8th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I hope theres online co-op which would be awesome

+ hehe1 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

Awesom been waitnig for this game for a while now hope its as good or better than the first…

+ Anddo on October 8th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

Congrats! At least we get one decent update today.

+ Nimoy23 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

I want the Fortune Hunter’s Edition of….damn. Wrong game.
I like turtles.

+ Tiberux on October 8th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Good job Insomniac! I have just one question though, I have Tools of Destruction, and plan on getting Quest for Booty, but am holding off on playing both of these in the hopes that trophies will be added. Is Insomniac planning a trophy patch for either? Thanks.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Hey Tiberux,

No plans to add trophy support for either. It\’s pretty hard for us to re-open old projects and dive back into them – and all of our efforts are generally placed on our moving forward with future projects.

+ penetration1 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Video on GI still doesn’t work on safari… frustrating.

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

I talked to the GI folks and they\’re working on resolving the video issues, so check back soon.

Sorry about that – they just launched their new site and it\’s still in beta! Looks really awesome though!

+ FULLGORR on October 8th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Just playing through Tools right now, it’s sooo good. It’s my first Ratchet game, but I recommend it to everyone! Check it out ASAP!

+ penetration1 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Also, I wish Insomniac would take two years to make their next game… not because their games aren’t great, but I want something amazing (which I know they could do with the time).

+ TheGuardianFID on October 8th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

I have this baby preordered, I can’t wait to finish this epic chapter of R&C!!! :D

+ VehicleDestroyr on October 8th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

@36
Deny, Insomniac uses its own engine for its games. Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time uses an improved version of the engine for Resistance 2, which uses an improved version of the engine for Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. They have been using the same engine this gen. Just improving it with each game.

I would expect that Resistance 3 use an improved version of the engine for this game.

+ mister1337 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Hmmmm, still no DIssidia on PSN.

+ EvDeval on October 8th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Can’t wait for it. I’ve been playing through the old ones.

+ Storage-Q on October 8th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

@45 IG do take 2 years to make a game. They have two teams working on both series.

PAGE 1 2 3