PS4 - Destiny

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Has Cracked Gold

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Oct 08, 2009 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, wanted to drop by and share the happy news that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time has officially gone gold and been released to manufacturing in North America. This means you can expect the game on October 27 in North America at your favorite game shop. It’s been an incredible experience seeing this game come together at Insomniac over the last year. From our earliest prototypes of Clank’s time gameplay, to the final space exploration levels that allow Ratchet to land on and explore spherical moons, there has been a ton of effort and love put into this game by the team here at Insomniac. We’re really excited to get it out to you guys, our fans, and let you experience the conclusion of the Ratchet & Clank Future story arc.

There will be much new content hitting over the next couple of weeks – including some special coverage on G4′s X-Play where you’ll see one of our time travel levels for the first time.

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

In the meantime though, head over to Game Informer to check out this special video we put together for their recent site re-launch. It’s all about the replay mode in the game. We spent a lot of time adding extra replay features, a special uber-boss you have to collect all of the Zoni to fight, the Insomniac Museum, optional super-hard Clank puzzles, and of course trophies, which are in addition to the Insomniac-created “Skill Points” we’ve had in all of our games since Spyro: Ripto’s Rage.

That’s all for now – if you haven’t pre-ordered the game already, we have some great in-game pre-order bonuses from our various retail partners Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Game Crazy. And if you haven’t checked out the Future series of games yet, Tools of Destruction is available as a Greatest Hits title now at $29.99 – so you have a couple weeks to catch up (when you’re not playing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, of course).

If you have any questions, post them below and I’ll do my best to answer as many as I can!

+ RoyalXIII on October 8th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

Awesome, I’ve been waiting for this game since RCF:Q4B. I have a question though, if the game comes out the 27th, then how come gamestop lowered the date to the 20th? its really quit annoying, considering the fact that they did mark the release on the 27th before.

+ baahas on October 8th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

Nice. I want to pre-order this but I’m confused though? What place/store has what pre-order bonus? In Canada?

+ Storage-Q on October 8th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

@51 They switched it back to the 27th.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Congrats..insomniacs…this im sure is going to be one of the great PS3 games of the year..and i just want to add my 4 cents when i say that games like these xclusives..need to be alil more advance..in the multiplayer field of gaming.for instance..why oohh why not make this game a co-op adventure game..there are TWO MAIN CHARACTERS and it will make the game SUPER FUN. being able to play as Rachet OR Clank in a game would be a UNIQUE XPERIANCE..but i guess you guys really focus on GRAPHICS and WEAPONS..which I think is already great..but whatever..maybe on the NEXT game..I HOPE!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Well, Ratchet and Clank are sort of split up in this game because of the kidnapping.

Again though, we really wanted to create an epic single-player experience to close out this story arc – and sort of be a love letter to our fans.

+ jazzyrider on October 8th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

Nice. You ain’t kidding though…not sure if I’ll have time to play this and Uncharted 2. Guess I’ll have to take some vacation time soon… :)

+ ADR143 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

GJ IG

+ Ennikguy on October 8th, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

There were skill points in spyro 2?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Indeed there were. And Spyro 3.

+ B-RadGfromOV on October 8th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

The first Ratchet and Clank with trophies! Huzzah! But really Insomniac, much love, you make awesome games. Hope to get this soon after release if I can scrounge some dough.

+ sonicthemonkey on October 8th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

Hooray, only a few more long weeks of apprehension.

Buuuuut, it seems like this game has been a bit…overexposed, maybe? Like, to the point where I have to go out of my way to avoid spoiling the game for myself. I’ve never had to do that for R&C before. I mean, the RYNO has already been given a lot of public coverage, the Insomniac Museum has already been announced and shown off to a degree, cutscenes galore are all over the place, plot points seem to keep leaking out, and now there’s a whole exposition on all the bonuses in new game+. Am I old fashioned for wanting these things to stay all mysterious until I’ve uncovered them for myself? :(

Must. Not. Look. At. Video. Only. A. Few. More. Weeks. *grabs arm to stop self*

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Hah – people say it\’s under-exposed, others say over.

What I can say is we have almost entirely kept the third act under wraps. We have several levels no one has seen before (you\’ll see one of the time travel levels soon). Plus, with the exception of a few levels, you\’ve only seen little chunks of the others.

That said – if you find yourself sensitive to spoilers, by all means stop watching stuff. The game is less than 3 weeks away. :-)

+ Zinacef on October 8th, 2009 at 8:29 pm said:

When’s the demo coming out?

+ spunnups on October 8th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Video doesn’t work…

+ heatseeker on October 8th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

Awesomeness! i love Ratchet & Clank, but i wish they brought back multiplayer :’( multiplayer in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal was my most played game of all time!
hey maybe there is still hope!
on the back says multiplayer!
THERE MAY STILL BE A CHANCE!
Confirm or Deny James?
lol i fell like that guy from the new ps3 $299 commercials!
“Dear Playstation, I got tip that you making the ps3 $299…Confirm or deny?”
LOL

+ Destiny89 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

I seriously cant wait for this game, im buying this day 1

+ Jeigh on October 8th, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

@sonicthemonkey (59)

Yeah, I can relate. I’ve pretty much stopped watching any trailers, reading any posts or looking at pretty much anything- and I’ve STILL gotten some spoilers. It’s funny, because they were talking on the Full Moon Show earlier this year (before I stopped listening) about keeping things as ‘mum’ as possible, but they’ve really been doing a terrible job from what I can tell. Either that or they’ve simply got *so much* story that the excess is brimming over uncontrollably. But, somehow, I don’t see this story taking as long as an RPG, and those devs seem to do a fairly good job on the ‘hush-hush’ thing. Still, it’s R&C- it’s going to be fun, funny and unique regardless of pre-release coverage.

(Though a good part of why they’re probably covering the story so much more is because they, in fact, HAVE no multiplayer mode. I know some people are holding out hope, but they’re fooling themselves- there was no Beta, there’s been no footage, and multiplayer is a selling point they would most definitely emphasize. It’s not happening.)

+ kmac0378 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

I will be buying this, but probably not any time soon. I’ll be too busy with Uncharted 2 which I’m expecting to consume my gaming time for months. I can’t stop playing the DEMO let alone the full game. And then Modern Warfare 2 is hitting.

Major fail in my mind to release two of the biggest franchises on PS3 platform 2 weeks apart from each other and just a month before the sequel to the biggest game of all time. Why can’t developers work together and get games out during the late spring, summer and early fall months? Why must everything be crammed into a 6 week holiday buying season. Seems so lame to me.

But oh well, what are you gonna do? I’m hopeful people will remember this game come Christmas. There’s no reason not to. TOD was one of the best games I’ve played, next to Uncharted and I’ll eventually get to both.

+ kmac0378 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

And, it looks like we need to have a developer chat. So many solid questions about this game that need to be addressed. We’re getting so much access to the Naughty Dog team. I’m loving it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

But look at how many solid answers I ahve now provided!

+ Antihero951 on October 8th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

I’m getting this game DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! But what’s with all these weird promos at different stores???! Why cant i just get all of the goodies as DLC or in a Special Edition??? Anyways keep up the goog work SONY!!!!

+ BigPoppaB on October 8th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

I wasn’t that blown away with the first one on ps3.. so im gonna wait for a price drop

+ Erniejpan on October 8th, 2009 at 9:17 pm said:

I LOVE YOU Insomniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Fluidshine on October 8th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game it is going to be uuhh-mazing!! Especially with the more open level approach and open-world traveling between levels. This will be an experience unlike any other Ratchet and Clank game!

+ JaguarCRO on October 8th, 2009 at 9:48 pm said:

It seems that the video you linked to isn’t working on the GameInformer site. It would be nice if they could fix it or you guys could host it on the Playstation blog.

+ kelevra216 on October 8th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

God bless Insomniac and Naughty Dog

+ MadmanEU on October 8th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

I sincerely hope that “Conclusion of Future story arc” means we’ll be seeing a new arc arise in 2011, after R3 in 2010?

+ ATHF89 on October 8th, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

Me wantie!

+ DonnyG on October 8th, 2009 at 10:08 pm said:

Oh Snap!

+ RidHood on October 8th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

can’t wait for this game

+ Vergil3690 on October 8th, 2009 at 10:43 pm said:

WOOHOO! I love the R&C games! Cannot wait! :D

+ ndw4 on October 8th, 2009 at 11:33 pm said:

YEAH! I can’t wait 4 this game but if I were Insomniac I would feel a little showned up but by Naughty Dog. I mean Uncharted 2 is getting all the hype it deserves, but R&C:ACIT might just be better. “Hint, hint”.=)

+ ssp_619 on October 8th, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

I’m sorry guys, as much as I love R&C I’m gonna have to go with Tekken 6 you couldn’t have chosen a worst date, I’ll pick it up when it goes Platinum or GH.

+ Caires on October 9th, 2009 at 1:47 am said:

When will this game come to Europe? Nice cover by the way.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

I don\’t know if there is a final date yet, but it will be shortly after the US release. Hang in there, it should be known soon.

+ BulletTooth228 on October 9th, 2009 at 2:02 am said:

With all due respect to Insomniac games.. i would like to take a minute and let you know that as a HUGE fan of RFoM i was floored and i mean wowed by the story on RFoM and it was such a let down when i played R2..

I understand the effort that you put in the multiplayer/co-op but Resistance had such an AMAZING story going for it and it felt tacked on on part2..

by all means i hope you guys capture the initial idea that you had with RFoM and keep it that way.. the artwork, the brownish feeling.. everything about it was Epic.. please please return to it’s origins with R3.. you will make 90% of your fans extremely happy..

+ Cory5150 on October 9th, 2009 at 3:01 am said:

This is a Wack Update!!!

+ deathorglory9 on October 9th, 2009 at 3:04 am said:

I am still slightly disappointed in lack of multiplayer as all ratchet and clank games have had great multiplayer. I am just hoping they do what they are doing with god of war.

+ PullusPardusUS on October 9th, 2009 at 3:52 am said:

hey insomniac just a curious question.
why did you guys not patch the first two games with trophies? , was it not available by that time?

+ Kluv on October 9th, 2009 at 5:14 am said:

YESSSSS, uncharted 2, ratchet and clank, these are going to rock my world. both the first ps3 versions of ratchet and uncharted are the only games i’ve beaten more than 5 times this gen. I love the replay value on both of them.

+ gmk218 on October 9th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

any word on r&c space and gear for HOME that would be epic ive played all the R&C series love it preordered this game 2 months ago on pins and needles in anticipation thanx where does racthet and clank go after this?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

You should see some coverage of the Home Space out on the web today. I believe Kotaku has some. There\’s also a wicked cool R&C apartment space based on the Apogee Space Station.

We\’re really happy with how it turned out, and you\’ll get to check it out very soon.

+ LokeSTL on October 9th, 2009 at 6:28 am said:

Awesome!! You should celebrate by adding trophies to the first two games!! Please?!!

+ Zookey on October 9th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

Congratulations!!! I can’t wait!!! It was so awesome to meet several Insomniacs at E3—my bro and I are starting an indie studio and you guys, and ND, are a huge inspiration to us! Keep up the good work–already have Among Thieves and Crack In Time paid off—my november is going to be packed with gaming goodness :-)

+ jelly14 on October 9th, 2009 at 7:03 am said:

Congrats Guys! I know how hard you have been working to make this game, so I can only wait now! Errrr 18 days left :(

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 9th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

I don’t like the new box art for PS3 games, it’s inconsistent and the horizontal bar is too big. At least we should have a choice (pack-in both covers or something)

+ Michelasso on October 9th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

Yeah!! Give us trophies for the previous two games as well!! That would help sales as well, trust me!

+ Xoonaka on October 9th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Can we go back to the old box art style? I know you guys are ditching the Spiderman font on posters and such, and that’s good, but the new box stylings just look so horrible and cheap….

I really love the old PS3 game box style.

+ Kesy on October 9th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

Gamestop has the game realease date as the 20th….is that accurate

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 9th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Unfortunately not. They\’ve corrected it to reflect the real release date, October 27th.

+ abrader on October 9th, 2009 at 7:51 am said:

I cant wait to get this game.

Im playing size matters on my PSPGo currently :)

+ cleversignin on October 9th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Already preordered. If my calculations are correct I should be done with Uncharted and Brutal Legend just as this arrives:) Very much looking forward to it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Perfect timing right? :-)

+ IcedDice777 on October 9th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Can we get a Trophie patch for Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty? I mean how difficult could it be when SONY’s even patching and remastering God of War 1 and 2 for crying out loud. Pretty Please?

+ IcedDice777 on October 9th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on October 9th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

A lot of work had to go into that God of War Collection. It\’s not as simple as you\’d think to re-open old projects, add stuff to them, re-test, re-submit through format QA, etc.

+ CowboyDan on October 9th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Congratulations!

Thanks to IG for delivering great games every year for the past four years! That is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

I’ve got it pre-ordered, and will probably take a day off work to play!

+ sam_i_jam on October 9th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Very excited to see Insomniac release the final story in the arc for Ratchet.

I think the polish on these games is totally top-notch and when comparing to Resistance (and it’s sequel) these certainly show that Insomniac’s forte is in the cartoony animation style and gameplay.

Can’t wait!

+ BabeBro on October 9th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

GameCrazy does not take online orders :o(

I want the PlayStation HOME skin, why would you guys limit the pre-orders to a retailer that doesn’t even take online purchases?