God of War

Oct 08

Oct 08

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Has Cracked Gold

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, wanted to drop by and share the happy news that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time has officially gone gold and been released to manufacturing in North America. This means you can expect the game on October 27 in North America at your favorite game shop. It’s been an incredible experience seeing this game come together at Insomniac over the last year. From our earliest prototypes of Clank’s time gameplay, to the final space exploration levels that allow Ratchet to land on and explore spherical moons, there has been a ton of effort and love put into this game by the team here at Insomniac. We’re really excited to get it out to you guys, our fans, and let you experience the conclusion of the Ratchet & Clank Future story arc.

There will be much new content hitting over the next couple of weeks – including some special coverage on G4’s X-Play where you’ll see one of our time travel levels for the first time.

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

In the meantime though, head over to Game Informer to check out this special video we put together for their recent site re-launch. It’s all about the replay mode in the game. We spent a lot of time adding extra replay features, a special uber-boss you have to collect all of the Zoni to fight, the Insomniac Museum, optional super-hard Clank puzzles, and of course trophies, which are in addition to the Insomniac-created “Skill Points” we’ve had in all of our games since Spyro: Ripto’s Rage.

That’s all for now – if you haven’t pre-ordered the game already, we have some great in-game pre-order bonuses from our various retail partners Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Game Crazy. And if you haven’t checked out the Future series of games yet, Tools of Destruction is available as a Greatest Hits title now at $29.99 – so you have a couple weeks to catch up (when you’re not playing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, of course).

If you have any questions, post them below and I’ll do my best to answer as many as I can!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

alhomaidah said:

October 9th, 10:59 am

Awesome :) the most interesting Ratchet yet :)

now…please give us…….Resistance 3….:)

Crotin said:

October 9th, 11:13 am

Thanks for keeping it in its single player glory instead of adding unneeded modes, this game should be great

FRANKMAN1 said:

October 9th, 11:15 am

OMG i cant wait but i need wait to december to play it i dont live in USA but my family pre order it and i get it on december. I love the R&C series and i cant wait for the next one!!!!

LegoAnd said:

October 9th, 11:30 am

Ratchet Wiki said that it will come 30.10.2009, do you think it is true?

Reverend_M said:

October 9th, 11:38 am

First off: AWESOME work Insomniac. I remember the good ol’ days of Spiro. Then when I saw some vids for R&CF:TOD I thought, “Wow, the gameplay reminds me SO much of Spiro” and then realized, Wait! Insomniac are the ones who MADE Spyro too (well, the good ones)! No wonder I like both series! It seems I’m more of an Insomniac fan, since I love all the games y’all have made! So I rushed out and bought the first R&C, and then later bought the Future story arc and will continue. I just need to buy all the PS2 R&C games when I find the time to play them!

But I have a question . . . more of a begging: PLEASE tell me this is just the end of the FUTURE story arc and not the end of all R&C games by you!

JoeDuke4 said:

October 9th, 11:52 am

Cronk and Zypher COOP missions PLEASE!!!

twooh said:

October 9th, 11:58 am

I know I’m late to post. But I just wanted to thank the devs for yet another awesome game. Thanks a lot guys.

AguilarX said:

October 9th, 12:18 pm

Please market this game even more! need more ads especially in TV. WE NEED Ratchet series on blu-ray updated graphics and trophies!!! I have all the ratchet and clank games in the series even psp and will still definitely get that awesome bundle if ever. I even got all 3 resistance titles. you’re welcome!

caveman1993 said:

October 9th, 12:35 pm

I’m gay for James and ratchet and clank looks awesome

baahas said:

October 9th, 12:42 pm

What place/store has what pre-order bonus?

dagundam said:

October 9th, 1:10 pm

Hey, Insomniac, I was wondering if you guys will have a premiere event, kind of like the Uncharted 2 events that just happened in Chicago, LA, SF this past week?

I went to it and it was AWESOME AWESOME AMAZING to say the least. :D

RPADILLA3 said:

October 9th, 1:28 pm

Cant wait any longer!!!!!

BlackMoney18 said:

October 9th, 2:04 pm

wow so still no word on R3

FunkyTable said:

October 9th, 2:50 pm

Well, I’m really excited about this game. This looks like it may be the best ratchet yet. The replay modes and more open levels are something that I’ve wanted for this series for awhile. So I’m excited.

I also would probably purchase a R&C collection since I love the PS2 games, but I think I’ll pass on the snarky “just do it” attitude most questioners take.

Will the next R&C have a big emphasis on multiplayer? You guys dabbled in this previously, but I think there is still a lot of potential. Again, I’d buy it.

NeodeosX said:

October 9th, 2:55 pm

Hi James, congrats for the game being gold !

Could you tell us what the single-player stats are for ?

Will there be a speedrun mode ?

IceColdKilla44 said:

October 9th, 3:00 pm

Awesome.

You guys look like you’ve really outdone yourselves with this one; it looks like it has SO much more content than any other Ratchet game.

IceColdKilla44 said:

October 9th, 3:07 pm

Wait….Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage had Skill Points?

Time to go play that one again.

agentnothing said:

October 9th, 3:20 pm

Does this game have 5.1 surround sound?

smokey_vols said:

October 9th, 4:29 pm

Been waiting on this game since TOD :) can’t wait to find out what’s going on with Clank. Thanks for the great games over the years Insomniac.

Babywarrior5 said:

October 9th, 5:05 pm

Oh my I’m so excited about this! It’s so close, but seems so far away! I’m eagerly awaiting the demos, Insomniac. My first R&C game was ToD and I was freaking hooked. As you can see, I’m super excited. And whoooot! Trophy support! Finally. I have always been a giant fan of Spyro. It’s the first game I can remember playing on my Playstation. :)

scoobycool said:

October 9th, 7:55 pm

Hey, are you guys gonna release more screenshots from the game any time soon? and when r u gonna show some Weapons HowTo vids?

ratchetkid said:

October 9th, 9:19 pm

when will the demo be available on the playstation the anticipation is killing me

ratchetkid said:

October 9th, 9:19 pm

when will the demo be available on the playstation store the anticipation is killing me

GlassChocobo said:

October 10th, 2:34 am

I heard that ACIT will or can use R&C: Future save data so that we can use our old earned and leveled up weapons in the new game, is this true???

noobaras said:

October 10th, 6:42 am

Insomniac, I am one of your biggest fans!
I have all ps2, psp and ps3 games! (R&C not resistance, I hate alien shooters, sorry) You cant imagine how many afternoon I’ve spent with my buddies playing ratchet DL splitscreen with 4 players. It was really a blast and a good replay value. I know this game is epic single player, but please I’ve heard that this might be the last one. will you please rethink this and make another game at least? Will you ever put multiplayer in the game again? I feel kind of cheated that Resistance 2 had such a great online with 64 player games and no lag, while ratchet doesnt even get an 8 player multi… And its been made by the same company, you XD

Phinox_King2120 said:

October 10th, 6:54 am

Hey insomniac games i can’t wait to get my hands on the game any news on the release dates of the demos and also the video is not working on gameinformer.com could you fix that as soon as possible because i really like the replay modes in the games and really want to see this video thanks your games are great

scoobycool said:

October 10th, 8:47 am

Phinox_King2120,

The video is working for me. Try again.If it still does not work, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n8gl9-3zPc

RaCpram12 said:

October 10th, 1:22 pm

Hey James,

First of all pre-ordered. Second, how hard are the “hard stages” you unlock after your first playthrough. I know it’s hard (lol pun) to explain but could’ya gimme an overview?

And you better not separate Ratchet and Clank at the end… or I’ll hate Insomniac forever. It’s too good of a series to end.

Warthorne said:

October 10th, 3:12 pm

Will you be planning to make a multiplayer option R&C game for Ps3?Or any other R&C games after ACIT.

GTAce said:

October 10th, 3:36 pm

Just wanted to say congratulations to Insomniac for getting the next amazing game out of the studios. Cant wait to play it, loved every second of ToD.

darthmilo77 said:

October 10th, 7:29 pm

Do any of the pre-order bonuses include items or locations that would otherwise be inaccessible?

Roadkill-63 said:

October 10th, 8:01 pm

cant wait for the 27th!!!

anyway a online multiplayer add on or downloadable game will be coming out cause that was really fun in UYA and deadlock

Pohlio said:

October 11th, 10:05 am

i have to say all of your games are excelent even going back to R&C1. the video was good and i noticed how people said they would play the games over again like 7 times maybe but i honstly had so much fun with going commando(#2) i ended up replaying it 13 times. it was awesome and very addictive, i always went after all the crystals in the game each time it was fun hunting.

Warrior2302 said:

October 11th, 11:36 am

Please Beg you to release trophies for Tools of Destruction, it would be a brilliant way to build up to the epic release of A Crack in Time!

Infuzed said:

October 11th, 12:37 pm

Hey, just a quick question. Do you get some bonus content for having the game saves for ToD and Q4B?

Tiberux said:

October 11th, 4:07 pm

@ James Stevenson
Thanks for the reply. I guess I’ll go ahead and go through ToD, and Q4B. But if you do ever decide to add trophies for either (or both), it will just give me incentive to go through these games again:) Hope the Cornhuskers won.

greatchimp said:

October 11th, 5:27 pm

when does the demo come out

Oddsterdude said:

October 11th, 7:00 pm

I recently went to my local gamestop, and reserved the game. It said online that you get a code for something in the game if you pre-order it. What does it do?

starburst121 said:

October 11th, 8:30 pm

Wow. I am very excited. Hey James, I have a quick question. Will there be any unlockables if you have a save data of R&CFTOD and R&CFQFB? Thanks.

muzzar69 said:

October 12th, 1:47 am

so resistance 3 is already in production?
just do me 1 favor, dont finish resistance 3 how you finished 2.
that ending left me quite disappointed.

saja420 said:

October 12th, 9:08 am

is this EASIER than future tools of destruction?
tools of destruction is sooo hard,for me that is.
PLEASE ANSWER!

saja420 said:

October 12th, 9:10 am

what happened at the end?

Bris_Blade said:

October 14th, 1:58 pm

Sweet!! Top 2 games I want Rachet and Clank:A Crack in Time and Uncharted:Among Thieves

karl3791 said:

October 14th, 4:50 pm

When will the demo for ratchet and clank future a crack in time launch? Btw BIG FAN!!!! :)

Newryan21 said:

October 14th, 8:09 pm

Insomniacs the best! Ratchet and Clank and resistance are AMAZING i can’t wait to platinum this game unless theres some impossible trophies like in resistance getting 10 000 kills in competitive takes alot of time point being i can’t wait for this game and keep on making these EPIC GAMES INSOMNIAC!!!

Coolip said:

October 14th, 10:40 pm

Thanks Insomniac for another Great game! I’m so excited and can’t wait to vs Lord Vorselon!! He’s going downtown!

carmswife said:

October 31st, 8:10 pm

hey, i have the ratchet and clank game finally, and i beat the game in about 10hrs, i have all the armor, and i saw a comment about “several” levels of armor when in fact there are only about 4 or 5, can you elaborate?

carmswife said:

October 31st, 8:10 pm

also, will there be any more spyro or ratchet titles in the future?

PAGE 1 2 3