PS4 - Transistor

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves By the Numbers

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Oct 08, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

We’re just over a week since the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves demo became available to everyone with access to the PlayStation Network, and the numbers are staggering:

• Total Number of games played – 1,217,424
  • Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787
  • Total Number of Treasures Captured – 1,860,645
  • Total Amount of Money Earned – $38,841,367,350
  • Total Time Played – 9,905 days (or 27+ years!)

The demo is currently #1 out of the top 5 demo first-week downloads to date, and is on a trajectory to become the most downloaded demo on PSN, ever. You can add to that number right now by visiting the PlayStation Store.

survival elena shoot copy

If you’ve been keeping score at home, UNCHARTED 2 has racked up 17 perfect review scores so far, out of 34 on Metacritic – with none coming in at less than a 90. And there are a still a few biggies about to hit!

In other news, UNCHARTED 2 is teaming up with Pepsi! Launching in November 2009, consumers in the West and Midwest regions will have a chance to win PS3 consoles, copies of UNCHARTED 2 and UNCHARTED motion comics through Pepsi promotions. More details to follow soon.

160 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 8th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

Great demo! I can’t wait for the game!

+ AniZeke on October 8th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

Wow, naughty dog is on a roll huh?

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 8th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

Will the final version have In-Game XMB Music support for at least the Multiplayer part of the game…??? You know like KZ2.

+ kentacohut on October 8th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

Looks like one of the best games of all time. I love the first and can’t wait for this one.

+ Jeigh on October 8th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

I’d say that Metacritic score is something to hang on your wall, stamp on your car, and plaster all over the massive advertising campaign. (Right?) Reviewers are already making this thing Game of the Year- be sure you do everything to collect the sales appropriate to that claim.

+ gdfhfggs on October 8th, 2009 at 6:13 am said:

AWESOME CANT WAIT TILL THE FULL GAME!

+ Jody1990 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

Wow those are some amazing numbers! Good job on that guys!

I’ve been hooked to this game ever since I downloaded the demo :D

Never thought that the multiplayer would be any special, just a nice “extra”. Boy I’ve never been so wrong :P

+ echogridlock on October 8th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

Tuesday morning will not get here any sooner. Where are the gods when you need them?

+ VenomXv on October 8th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

After playing the demo, this is my favorite game this generation and that’s coming from someone with all consoles. The game deserves the scores its been getting. I can’t put it down.

+ BigBoss712 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

I have been enjoying the demo, MP alone is pretty cool.

+ echogridlock on October 8th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

Tuesday moning will not come faster.

+ SpyDudeFX on October 8th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

Where is the Fortune Hunter Edition info?

+ SpeedNut on October 8th, 2009 at 6:24 am said:

Only West and Midwest again like your Uncharted Movie Theater nights? You’d think for the PS3 exclusive game of the year they could plan events and promos nationwide…

+ HaLe_2_NaTHaN on October 8th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

wow huge numbers,congrats to you ND,great game(my personal all time fav already)and cant wait to pick it up at midnight,keep up the good work and please keep the dlc coming,and yes im talking about dlc already,lol

+ JLP_M on October 8th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

Thats great guys thats it being so successful can’t wait to buy it!

one question, were is the info on the Fortune Hunter Edition

+ LukaX23 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:32 am said:

What about those special edition versions of UC2? I’ve been looking everywhere to see where I could get myself one of those. Other than that, cool news!

+ Syrus718 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:32 am said:

Cant wait either Im picking Mines up first thing tomorrow morning

+ DonnyG on October 8th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

I had a blast playing the demo last night.

+ ivanramon on October 8th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

greatness! I’m playing it right now!!!

+ mahunoy on October 8th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

I’ve been playing the demo a lot and having so much fun with it. I just got level 40 last night. Can’t wait for the game to come out!

P.S. How can we win the Fortune Hunter edition of the game?

+ KALEL114 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

Evan,
That is awesome news. i have been playing the Beta/Demo for a while now and can’t get enough it. Any word on ways on how we can win the Fortune Hunter Edition? Are you guys going to be coming to Dallas for a Cinema Event? Thanks in advance and congrats on the recognition the game deserves. I hope it translates to stellar sales.

+ Thorpe89 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Are there any Uncharted 2 bundles coming to the UK?

+ Nephilimator on October 8th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Amazing game. People get out there and purchase this with me on Tuesday and show the Sony community that high sales are achievable when you have an amazing game like this releasing!

The multi-player alone is worth $60.00!

+ JohnoBoy on October 8th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Will the stats from the demo carry over to the full game? I can’t a reason why they couldn’t, and it would be a nice reward for all of us investing so much time into demo…

+ hife on October 8th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

Congrats Naughty Dog! I made myself quit playing about a week ago and it’s killing me. Can’t wait for Tuesday!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 8th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

It’s great, just fix that matchmaking for the final game.

+ XenoNative on October 8th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

i remember when they said the ps3 didnt have any games. with new games dropping in each month, this is what i’ve been waiting for. and its safe to say uncharted2 is the leader for rest of this year and into the next, for the line up of great AAA releases. after i get my copy i’m taking a day off from work!!

+ KALEL114 on October 8th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

@Johnoboy

The stats will not be carried over. They will be reset. Maybe to make it even for those who didn’t play the Demo? That’s my guess.

+ ivanramon on October 8th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

I’m Playing it right now!!

+ Korbei83 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:03 am said:

Thanks Evan.

Does this include the original inFamous beta back in June?

+ Draicus on October 8th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

Very impressive statistics and well earned. It’s amazing how much fun I’ve had with the multiplayer beta/demo, and that’s not even what I’m most looking forward to in Uncharted 2. Absolutely anxious to get my hands on the singleplayer.

+ acerazer1 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

Finally, a game well-worth the hype.

+ Rollopunk on October 8th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

I’ve had the pleasure to play the closed Beta and the open Beta. I’ts highly addictive and gets me pumped for the full version of the game. I totally loved the first Uncharted! It blew me away in terms of graphic, story, cutscenes and gameplay.. Job well done Naughty Dog!
Uncharted 2 seems to be one of the best games ever made if you read the reviews. I can’t wait for it.

Thanks for the Beta’s and thanks for bringing us Uncharted!!!

p.s. I want a new Jak and Daxter game :)

+ JohnoBoy on October 8th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

@KALEL114
Sad to hear. “Making it even” for those who didn’t play the demo sound a bit counter-intuitive, you’d want to encourage as many people as you could to play the demo, no?
Disappointing. I have some medals I’d be happy to carry over to the full multiplayer experience…

+ station3fever on October 8th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Uncharted movie baby! bring it on :)

+ ndw4 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

Ya know who are probably the only ones pissed about this game coming out: Insomniac. They used to be the masters of the PS3, seemed to have the best games. Now Naughty Dog is on top. Anyone know when the 1st R&C:ACIT review is coming up. I CAN’T WAIT 2 SEE IT.

+ Sakimori_X on October 8th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

Two quick questions:

1) Will the Uncharted motion comic be available for PSP once that digital comic service hits, or is this more of a flash-based dealy?

2) Are there were numbers for ”total shots fired”? That number would be insane.

+ kosluftar on October 8th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

I take responsibility for the following:

* Total Number of games played ~ 50
* Total Number of Kills ~ 1,000
* Total Amount of Money Earned ~ $150,000
* Total Time Played ~ 2 days

+ zombie9 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

A good reson to call in to work!! (Sick day)
10/13/09 :)

+ Spurvugle on October 8th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

I can not wait, love the beta XD

First day =)

+ SPARDA on October 8th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

forget GOTY, this is going to be the best game this generation.

Congrats on all the great reviews

I will be online on day one

SPARDA

+ Chippendale666 on October 8th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

Here’s a reason to drink a pepsi. Haven’t had one since 1993

+ GibbShift on October 8th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

Wow, that’s a lot of dead noobs there. LOL But yeah, those stats are nice, and so is this game. Can’t wait to pick up my copy at Best Buy and get mah Golden guns. :D

+ SanFranPsycho415 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

WOW! Great numbers for a demo. Unfortunately, I won’t be playing it anymore since I got A FREE COPY FROM THE UC2 CINEMA EVENT ON TUESDAY!!!!! YEAH BABY!!! YEAH!!!!

+ that-acmilan-guy on October 8th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

Please give us update on the character freezing issues some of us are facing.

+ Lemondish on October 8th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Must…beat…Demon’s Souls…before…Uncharted 2…comes out…

+ Scodo_Thope on October 8th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

I have had my 60G PS3 since September 2007 and have NEVER been into online play.

Naughty Dog has changed all that. The demo is spectacular. If the online is so great I can’t imagine how the story mode fleshes out!

I can’t wait for my Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

+ klubjunkee on October 8th, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

I’m in Canada so there’s no way I’m able to get my hands on the exclusive “Fortune Hunter Edition”. I own a lot of CE/SE and the one I want the most (truly deserving of one that I’d proudly display), I can’t have.

I’m not complaining as I’m sure ND will include all that good stuff like “Behind the scenes” on the same disc. Just like they did on the first one, without tacking on some extra “Soundtrack” or “Making of…” disc. I just really want that uber cool Dagger though :(

In my opinion, there’s less deserving games released in the past that have gotten a CE/SE edition and a Midnight Launch. An Uncharted 2 CE/SE would sell like hotcakes. The fan base is evident. Images of midnight launch line-ups would travel the internet, further boosting Uncharted 2 sales post launch.

Hype is a powerful sales tool. I just think Sony should have First class tickets for Uncharted 2 on the hype train. Judging by the rave reviews, it certainly delivers and is worthy of the hype.

PS – I’d love to see another “Massive Attack” trailer, or maybe even as a TV spot. The first one gave me goosebumps LOL.

+ jazzyrider on October 8th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

Any more chances to win the Fortune Hunter edition thru the Pepsi promotions?

+ Grannd on October 8th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

So where is the total number of downloads?

Surely that’d be a nice digit, is it more or less than a million players?

PAGE 1 2 3 4