PS4-The Order

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves By the Numbers

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Oct 08, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

We’re just over a week since the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves demo became available to everyone with access to the PlayStation Network, and the numbers are staggering:

• Total Number of games played – 1,217,424
  • Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787
  • Total Number of Treasures Captured – 1,860,645
  • Total Amount of Money Earned – $38,841,367,350
  • Total Time Played – 9,905 days (or 27+ years!)

The demo is currently #1 out of the top 5 demo first-week downloads to date, and is on a trajectory to become the most downloaded demo on PSN, ever. You can add to that number right now by visiting the PlayStation Store.

survival elena shoot copy

If you’ve been keeping score at home, UNCHARTED 2 has racked up 17 perfect review scores so far, out of 34 on Metacritic – with none coming in at less than a 90. And there are a still a few biggies about to hit!

In other news, UNCHARTED 2 is teaming up with Pepsi! Launching in November 2009, consumers in the West and Midwest regions will have a chance to win PS3 consoles, copies of UNCHARTED 2 and UNCHARTED motion comics through Pepsi promotions. More details to follow soon.

160 Comments

+ SPARDA on October 8th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

Just took a look at the latest scores on Metacritic. Here is the latest

Number of reviews = 36

17 : 100s
3 : 98s
2 : 97s
4 : 96s
4 : 95s
1 : 93
5 : 90′s

WOW!!!!

+ Gringo234 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Nice I’ll be entering that contest.

+ grashopper on October 8th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

Wow those are crazy numbers…especially for a demo. Cant wait for the 13th!

+ JaKhris on October 8th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

Hey,

Nice numbers, the demo’s worth it. :)

By the way, I’ll say this again, but PLEASE bring some Fortune Hunter Editions to Europe. I’m from France and guess what? You have a lot of fans here! Leaving us out like this is quite bitter. :(

Chris

+ Fergi21 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

Hey Evan,
I have been enjoying the Beta and am definitely buying this game on Tuesday but I, and many others I have seen are having some trouble on the Naughty Dog website. It does not let me log in to see stats.

PSN Ticket error. Is there anything I can do to see my stats?

+ Kirkpad on October 8th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

I like how the picture is from co-op mode. Which is the mode that earns the most money.

Pepsi? I’m a Coke man myself. As long as there are no in-game advertisements. ;)

+ Armstrong on October 8th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Pepsi promotion? Cool.

I haven’t downloaded the U2 demo because I want to enter the game a complete virgin!

+ Armstrong on October 8th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Pepsi promotion? Cool.

+ asop89 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Wow!!! Amazing figures!!! Congratulations Naughty Dog this is truly great, can’t wait to play the full game next week.

+ FFObsessed on October 8th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

G4 also gave U2 a perfect score. But thy have removed themselves from contributing to Metascores due to score conversion.

But their old scores are still recorded for previous games so if a “fair” comparison is what you want, technically Uncharted 2 has 18 perfect reviews from Metacritic :p

Not that it matters. Amazing game.

+ thegriefer on October 8th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Yay, everyone needs to buy this game definitely goty.

+ Moosehole on October 8th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Wake me up when its Tuesday

+ jimfear on October 8th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Epic is the only word i can say right now.

+ finishpropcg on October 8th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

@45 SECOND THAT

Too bad I’m getting Brutal Legend,.. it’s awesome! Uncharted 2 will have to wait.

+ Violater on October 8th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Why didn’t you guys team up with a bottled water supplier?
Soda yuck!!

+ Jeff257 on October 8th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

Why cant we get some love here on the East Coast? I want this game but id love a shot at some of these promotions.

+ gibo_drums on October 8th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

in game music?????

+ Zezzler on October 8th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

i am going to pre-order this as soon as i can because of the amazing multi-player (not to mention the single player blew my mind!)

+ Atomika14 on October 8th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

I got my copy on Monday night at the cinema event in Thousand Oaks… Uncharted 2 is just incredible!

+ Caires on October 8th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Congratulations with these numbers! You deserve it!

+ mellowmonk4ever on October 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Mort want BANANA!!!!!!!!!!

+ WackyWeedCreed on October 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

5 days! XD Can’t wait!

WHY IS THERE NO MIDNIGHT RELEASE!?!?!?

They had a Killzone one and none for this?

+ Caires on October 8th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

How good Atomika14? I didn’t manage to travel across the Atlantic ocean to be there:(

+ Sindred on October 8th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

I know it’s not a big deal, but I hope some obscure web site doesn’t take the score below 9.0 just to be different. What I have played of the game, including the coop beta, which showcases the cover system working against AI,has been brilliant and smooth, and some smaller sight, either to be different, or paid off (which I know happens) might take it below 9.0. Not like it will change anyone’s mind with 17 perfect scores, many of them not coming from a PS-related sight or magazine, which throws out the bias claims.

+ Velzorn on October 8th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

The multiplayer online demo is outstanding and addictive, obviously. I can’t wait to get a hold of this amazing game.

I really hope there ends up being a Uncharted 2 dynamic theme, soon. I really would love the start menu to be a dynamic theme.

Again I can’t wait for the game!

+ mellowmonk4ever on October 8th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

i like Pepsi,so bring it Sony.how about character cans?that would be cool!

+ Patriot_Infinity on October 8th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

I bet Naughty Dog are pissing themselves right now with all this positive flow of reviews and stuff coming in. You guys did a phenomenal job with the demo and judging by the reviews, this is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

+ muzuabo on October 8th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

No East Coast love.

+ WingTrl on October 8th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

what about the Fortune Hunter Edition? How does one go about winning that?

+ BugattiEBveyron on October 8th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

I once met a player called NDI_Effunia (or Effulia, not sure), is she someone from the staff?

+ iNoT3s on October 8th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

5 more days and the demo is awesome!

+ ZBlacktt on October 8th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Great numbers! To bad they all mean nothing when the game is released, lol. :( All my work to get to level 30 for nothing… man, starting over from zero. Really looking forward to that, lol…not.

+ gundamman on October 8th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

hey evan, which event were you at? and i just finished the game today, and i can honestly say it pulled at my heart strings, the story,characters, all of it, thanks for makin a AMAZING game, any chance i’ll get to play with you and other ND staff again,(psn:gundamman)?

+ mywhitenoise on October 8th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Best of luck to Naughty Dog, I hope this game sells millions…you guys deserve it.

I just wish I could buy this game early, like you guys allowed to happen with the first game.

+ joostin on October 8th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I’ve turned 3 xbots to the Darkside. I planted the seed a couple of years ago with Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, which still stands as the best gaming experience this generation in my mind…at least until Oct. 13th!

Going to EBGames after work with 2 of them to trade in their collections for a Slim and Uncharted 2 Pre-order. Good Job Naughty Dog! Not one other studio could claim a conversion with my friends until you.

Cheers!

+ TheInfectedBy590 on October 8th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I’m busy with Demon’s Souls and when this game comes out… DAMN! ><

+ poodude on October 8th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

I know it’s a multiplayer demo, but I’m not playing it. I don’t want to ruin Uncharted 2 at all. I haven’t even read any reviews yet, good thing to because I heard the Gamespot review has a spoiler in it.

+ OmegaSpartan08 on October 8th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

@ Lemondish and TheInfectedBy590

good luck with that game (heard its HARD as hell). i’m looking to get it but after Uncharted 2.

+ B-RadGfromOV on October 8th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

That’s really amazing. 27 years… Jeez are we a bunch of geeks and nerds.

+ bushisprez on October 8th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

gotta admit that the demo is kick arse!!! Just like playing the full game Naughty Dog but it is sure to net you tons of sales for sure.

+ CondorMcG on October 8th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Joint 2nd best metacritic score of the generation, beaten by GTA IV, tied with Super Mario Galaxy.

That means its the best PS3 exclusive, better than any Xbox exclusive, up there with the best games of all time.

+ Chaos_Bladez on October 8th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

I opted to not enjoy the incredible demo because the game is so close. :)
Still pre ordered, something I never do. :)

+ OmegaSpartan08 on October 8th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

now that you have the numbers for the multiplayer, can you choose the winners from the beta to win the Fortune Hunter Edition?

+ ATHF89 on October 8th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

AGGGGGGG It’s killing me! Five days left and it is taking forever!

+ Lirion on October 8th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

You guys are awsome! Now give us the next Jak and Daxter for the PS3 please!

+ mynameismeech on October 8th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

I’m absolutely getting this game Tuesday (Wednesday if I don’t have time)

I haven’t bought a game on launch day since Halo 3

+ mynameismeech on October 8th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

also, I’m really hoping for LittleBigPlanet Uncharted levels!

+ WestSiide on October 8th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

game paid for and waiting for launch!

+ packy17 on October 8th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

Fortune. Hunter. Edition.
Contest details please.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 8th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

How about the number of dissatisfied customers that ND is discriminating against – any numbers for those?