PS4 - Destiny

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves By the Numbers

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Oct 08, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

We’re just over a week since the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves demo became available to everyone with access to the PlayStation Network, and the numbers are staggering:

• Total Number of games played – 1,217,424
  • Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787
  • Total Number of Treasures Captured – 1,860,645
  • Total Amount of Money Earned – $38,841,367,350
  • Total Time Played – 9,905 days (or 27+ years!)

The demo is currently #1 out of the top 5 demo first-week downloads to date, and is on a trajectory to become the most downloaded demo on PSN, ever. You can add to that number right now by visiting the PlayStation Store.

survival elena shoot copy

If you’ve been keeping score at home, UNCHARTED 2 has racked up 17 perfect review scores so far, out of 34 on Metacritic – with none coming in at less than a 90. And there are a still a few biggies about to hit!

In other news, UNCHARTED 2 is teaming up with Pepsi! Launching in November 2009, consumers in the West and Midwest regions will have a chance to win PS3 consoles, copies of UNCHARTED 2 and UNCHARTED motion comics through Pepsi promotions. More details to follow soon.

160 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ kentla57 on October 11th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

This Game is going to be the best of best number one for a very long time. Way to Go folks at Naughty Dog!!!!

+ kentla57 on October 11th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Evan,
this is for you. I have noticed that you are offering a free version of the Fortune hunter for the net players and also lucky ones who send in an email. I was hoping that you could have a contest for just the Soldiers over in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am a vet too and I think it would be good for the boys over there.

Thanks

+ BornLeader77 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

i have the game and already beat it and question is is the game worth buying ? Hell Yes Go Get it.

+ pdwpd on October 13th, 2009 at 4:56 am said:

played demo seems alright, dont know what all the hype is about, screen keeps freezing up,gives me a negative feel about the game

+ pdwpd on October 13th, 2009 at 5:08 am said:

dont like the fact when u invert verticle camera if your running its as if u didnt invert, give it 90 out of 100

+ Lowebee on October 13th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

love this beta, was awesome! does anyone know if the level you are at on the multiplayer will be stored for when you play the full multiplayer game?

+ unstablefears on October 15th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

@156 no, I believe the stats would be reset back to level 0

+ mellkor on October 16th, 2009 at 5:56 am said:

Hi there, I’m having some problems with the game Uncharted 2…when I’m playing, just in the beginning of Game (that part of the sewage)my PS3 makes the sound of three beeps and turns itself off, And this happens only with this game…Anybody know what’s going on?

PNSID mellkor
email [DELETED]

+ Maluraq on October 19th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

@pdwpd what are you talking about? The camera controls seem to work perfectly to me, and I’m an invert-only player.

+ lesnightfly50 on October 28th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Need help!! I purchased Uncharted 2 Thursday. Once I updated to version 3.01, my ps3 will not recognize any blue ray disks, neither movies or games, but it will play regular dvd’s and ps2 games model number (CECHE01). I contacted sony support and sent a web link to FAQ, I tried their suggestions none worked. Their last solution was to spend $150.00 for them to look at it. I have searched the web and there are others with the same problem. This does not seem like I should have to pay for this repair because of the problem is the upgrade not a physical hardware problem, anyone have a suggestion?

PAGE 1 2 3 4