PS4-Watch_Dogs

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Hitting Shelves November 3 on PSP and PS2

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Oct 09, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

With the PSPgo now on shelves, many of you may be wondering what new games are available on the ‘Go’. For all you Jak and Daxter fans out there, we’re happy to announce that Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be available for purchase on the PSPgo, PSP-3000 and PlayStation 2 on Tuesday, November 3. Check out the final packfront for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier below:

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier PSP

To help build excitement for the November 3 launch, GamesTrailers.com has provided an exclusive first look at the new trailer for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier. Check it out!

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 1

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 2 Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 3

88 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Nimoy23 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

1st.
I like turtles

+ B-RadGfromOV on October 9th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Boo. Bring them to PS3. Without guns.

+ JaredTequila on October 9th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

The return of Jak & Daxter =WIN!

+ OmegaSpartan08 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

if it was developed by Naughty Dog i would try it but hey, don’t knock it til you try it.

+ Tyrsis on October 9th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

There’s like six hundred of these games.

+ Nimoy23 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Anyways, I’m glad they’re finally starting to release quality games on the PSP. I was worried that the PSP was turning into an epic PSP fail for Sony.
Thank you for bringing another great looking game for us portable users.
It would be great for both players and Sony’s sales if you could play these PSP games on the PS3. Here’s to wishful thinking.

+ Azure-Edge on October 9th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Awesome to see Jak and Daxter back. Are there any plans for a PS3 Jak and Daxter?

+ defpoet1790 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Awesome! I can’t wait to get this on the PSP.

+ roseofmayix on October 9th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Its a pity Naughty Dog didn’t develop this game. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t look like its going to be worth playing. See Joystiq’s post about the game if you’re interested in seeing why.

Personally, I’m most disappointed by the fact that the script doesn’t feel Jak & Daxterish. Of course I’ve only seen the one video. It just doesnt feel right to me.

I’ll probably pass on this game.

+ mooleesnake5 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Awesome…I may have to get this one…

+ mooleesnake5 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Totally awesome cover art too

+ UNCyrus on October 9th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I’ve got high hopes for this game on PSP!

+ mafecto on October 9th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Pass. Not gonna be the same without ND at the helm.

REQUEST: We need a hi def rerelease of all three Jak games on one Blu Ray disc with trophy support.

+ dotCody on October 9th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

We need classic Jak & Daxter games, for the PS3!

@1
Get a life.

+ rjejr on October 9th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

The original Jak and Daxter on the PS2 is 1 of my all time favorite games. Then 2 was a GTA mission based game. Then 3 I just called 2 1/2 as it was more of the same. Then Jak X was a racing game. Now this I’ll take a pass on and hope for a true J&D game on the PS3 someday to rival Ratchet and Clank.

+ Dark_Vincent on October 9th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Ohh sweet, I didn’t even remember this game anymore, you guys kept it on low profile. <3 Jak & Daxter

Btw Jeff, Chris or whoever from PSBlog, could you issue a post or any sort of official announcement regarding all this spam that we are getting at the PSN? Lots of random people sending "Hi, the PSN achieved over 1 million accounts blah blah blah if you pass along this message to your entire Friends List you will receive $xx amount of credit on the PS Store by October 31st".

I've received over 10 messages like this from different people on the last 2 days. Seriously didn't people learn anything from e-mail spam?

+ Ennikguy on October 9th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Dark Daxter? The only reason Jak could go dark was because he was eco sensitive and daxter wasn’t

+ Yaholo on October 9th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

This is great! A good game AND a release date! SCEA – if you just posted more release dates for upcoming game downloads we wouldn’t complain so much when skimpy Thursday’s came around. Let us know what to expect!

+ remanutd5 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

getting it for my new psp go for sure

+ Gringo234 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

A real sequel to jak & daxter without the guns and other crazy devices they get.

Separate Ratchet and Clank from Jak and Daxter. Thank you.

+ BlooodyCow on October 9th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

booooooooo…… I want Jak and Daxter on the PS3 dammit

+ Maj1nX on October 9th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Funny how u get the rock band demo but when i went 2 buy it online it wasnt there. Why put the demo with the psp if its not even for sale on the psn. If im wrong let me know what section 2 find the game

+ trapper12 on October 9th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Finally a release date!!! I am a huge Jak & Daxter fan and cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Thank you Sony and High Impact Games and I can’t forget about Naughty Dog for creating the franchise as well.

+ taekw0nd0j0 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I have been wanting another Jak and Daxter game for a while. It is my favorite series. I am just not sure what to think of this game though. Sure I’m going to buy it, but I have very low expectations. I do not think that Naughty Dog should have let anyone else touch the Jak and Daxter series. I personally thought Daxter was a really bad game. From the pictures I have seen, this game looks like a failure. I hope it isn’t, but I just have a feeling.

+ Flame060 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Was hoping for new PS3 game :(

+ lombaxboy on October 9th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

At first glance i wasn’t too excited to see this game. However it looks like it’s been taken care of through production. So I’m hoping that it’s worth a look, even though it’s not made by Naughty Dog, or on the PS3. I’m still expecting some fun… Funner than killing bugs.. In any case, looks better than it did before.

+ TheGuardianFID on October 9th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

SOLD!!! :D

+ mister1337 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Still not Dissidia on PSN, I don’t care and neither does anyone else.

+ xlux92 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

^^ totally agree with this guy

+ BrianC6234 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

I’m confused. It says this game is for the PS2, PSP Go and PSP-3000. Does PSP-3000 really just mean PSP? If you mean PSP just say PSP. I have a PSP-1000 and that could mean it won’t work on my PSP-1000 or the PSP-2000.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 9th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

You\’ve got a point, but we were trying to keep it from turning into a super long PS2, PSPgo, PSP-1000 through PSP-3000 sentence.

Which I just kind of did.

In either case, it\’ll work on any PSP =)

+ lowhonor on October 9th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

@29

the game will be available on UMD and for download. this means if you have any psp, you’ll be able to play it

sony was dumb for phrasing it like that and im sure many easily confused people out there are quite befuddled whenever sony refers to the psp1000/2000/3000, pspgo as if they are completely different systems.

+ KINGof210 on October 9th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

YAY!! WOO-HOO!! HOO-RAAAAAYYYY!!!!

+ Lerkero on October 9th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

That’s some slick cover art

+ KSPRAYDAD on October 9th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

@30….

Yep…if they MEAN PSP they should SAY IT.

I’m still rocking my PSP1000 with broken UMD so welcome the new downloading emphasis.

+ spoonTRex on October 9th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

I’m going to play the game, don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge J&D fan, but this doesn’t look like it has “awesome” all over it like the ND Jak games. Jak and Keira look weird for some reason, and what have you done to Daxter? He’s already touched by Dark Eco! You can’t just have a monster version of him from being immersed in it, or it would have already happened.

And that video: Papyrus? Are you serious? You can’t be, as any self respecting designer (motion or print) would steer clear of such a cheap, clichéd, and out of place type choice as Papyrus. OOOH! Now it’s all mysterious and epic!

+ Destiny89 on October 9th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

Very nice! im buying this for ps2

+ pgsdi on October 9th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Its not by Naughty Dog so I’ll have to pass. too many bad reviews.

+ wanethemane93 on October 9th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Big J and D fan and Naught Dog fan. Even though they are not making this iteration, i know it will still be awesome and high impact will do a great job. but please. Naughty Dog make A J&D ps3 game. I Love Uncharted and picking up Among Thieves next week but i would love to play A new Jak game on the PS3. How about a Jak skin for Uncharted Multiplayer or even single player.

+ Globox_82 on October 9th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Hmm is it same date for us in EUROPE? Please answer on this one.

BTW- some of you haters need to chill out, give these guys a chance, i am sure they did fine job with this game, and if reviews are good and you are Jak/Daxter fan, then give them support.

+ IceColdKilla44 on October 9th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Awesome; can’t wait to play this. Jak and Daxter’s always been one of my favorites.

And may I just say….that cover art looks great!

+ Trifonturnusol on October 9th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

I like High Impact Games, these guys have done great job making GoW: chains of Olympus. Secret Agent Clank also is a above-mediocre game. I have high hopes for this one.

But I still want a PS3 J&D game too…

+ Quamina on October 9th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Yeah Jak is back!

+ JOWhite on October 9th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Making J&D a flight game? that is just ….awful….

ok Jak X was good as a racing game but gees a flight game? come on.

save yourselves the pain of low sales and keep J&D the way it was meant to be. a imple but challenging platformer *cough* Jak 3 *cough*

+ tolkienfanatic on October 9th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

What is the price for this?

+ xOsamAx on October 9th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

+ jimid on October 9th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

You know, I’ll grab this from PSN day one… but as long as we’re wondering what new games are available on the ‘Go’, how about getting some of the old PSP games available on the PSP Go? I didn’t know I’d be slashing my games library by more than 2/3rds by choosing a Go over a PSP-3000. :(

+ hush404 on October 9th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

Sweet :D I didnt know it was coming this quick.

+ TwiztedR3DHead on October 9th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

OMG, Jak is back i cant wait to buy this one!!!

+ n4tacon on October 9th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

I’m definitely gonna be getting this. Been a fan of J&D since I played J&D 2 way back. If it’s anything like Daxter was on PSP then it’ll be really good and fairly challenging. Gotta love Daxter! :D

+ BWILKIE on October 9th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said: