Driveclub

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Hitting Shelves November 3 on PSP and PS2

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Oct 09, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

With the PSPgo now on shelves, many of you may be wondering what new games are available on the ‘Go’. For all you Jak and Daxter fans out there, we’re happy to announce that Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be available for purchase on the PSPgo, PSP-3000 and PlayStation 2 on Tuesday, November 3. Check out the final packfront for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier below:

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier PSP

To help build excitement for the November 3 launch, GamesTrailers.com has provided an exclusive first look at the new trailer for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier. Check it out!

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 1

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 2 Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 3

88 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ cobhc4562 on October 9th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

I srsly had a heart attack when they made it sound like the 3000 was completely dif than the others even tho there is no real big dif. Next time just say psp so I dont have a panic attack.

+ ndw4 on October 9th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

I’ll get this if it turns out to be good, but seriously, if Jak and Daxter don’t come to PS3 next year…somethin’s got to be done.(But I’m really into Uncharted 2 right now)
~Hey Drake, Imma let you finish, but Jak and Daxter really needs to be on PS3~ Kanye West=)

+ KSPRAYDAD on October 9th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

@41…

God of War : Chains of Olympus was made be Ready at Dawn not High Impact Games.

Ready at Dawn made:
Daxter for PSP *** did you know the PSN version has 333mhz enhancements!
GoW:CoO for PSP
Okami for Wii
Rumoured to be making a GoWIII for PSP game

High Impact Games made:
R&C:Size Matters for PSP/PS2
Secret Agent Clank for PSP
Lost Frontier for PSP/PS2

Both companies have former Naughty Dog staff.

+ sonicthemonkey on October 9th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

That’s surprisingly soon. It’s kinda a shame that Jak and Daxter’s triumphant return after a 5 year hiatus since the last real Jak game is a bit of a scaled back PSP half-flying game, but hey. It’s a new freaking J&D game. That’s close enough for me.

+ SpeciesOne on October 9th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

Ok, so… I have no faith in High Impact Games after the horrible PS2 version of Size Matters. What a waste of money. Sony you should be ashamed as I trusted in quality of your games. I hope there’s a demo for this game.

I think it’s really awful that Jak and Daxter story did not continue on the PS3. I know ND is busy with Nathan and co. but I really do hope for Jak game on the PS3. First Jak is my fave game of all time and I can only hope they’re planning to produce it. It would be also cool if Sony got another team to do it if ND is busy with Uncharted 3 but I hope ND and Amy oversee the project from ground up to completion.

+ Onna76_NL on October 10th, 2009 at 1:35 am said:

I’m soooo getting this for on the PSP. I also hope for a complete new Jak & Daxter for on the PS3, but I’m sure this will a be a very fine game :-)

+ Globox_82 on October 10th, 2009 at 1:45 am said:

So you post this and go away without answering questions from users and potential customers?
GG Sony, now i will consider not buying this game. I am fed up of the way you treat European customers.

+ SgtRufus on October 10th, 2009 at 2:48 am said:

ZZZZZzzz….huh? Oh. Wake me up when theres a PS3 version, ok? Thanks…zzzzzzzzzzzzz

+ superstewie on October 10th, 2009 at 4:17 am said:

short games are also fun on the PS2, at least you don’t have to buy a PSP to enjoy these games!

+ HairyCornFlake on October 10th, 2009 at 4:47 am said:

Will this work on a first gen PS3?

+ PNIKOS on October 10th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

What.That means i cant play it on psp 2000

+ piro_z on October 10th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

that’s my Bday to bad my psp is broken =*(

+ aliendude5300 on October 10th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

PS2?!? Come on! This is 2009. It should be for PSP/PS3 instead.

+ saik on October 10th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Wait what the heck? PS2? Really?

Why was there no hype for this game? Jak & Daxter is one of the best PS2 games series in history. Yet there was not a single mention of this before?

It should have had some E3 spotlight instead of getting lost in the PSP montage shuffle.

For shame Sony.

If you announced a Jak and Daxter PS3 with Uncharted 2 quality, then all is forgiven.

+ Drunknig on October 10th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Ratchet and Clank are way better.

+ jlddd123 on October 10th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

what happened naughty dog with the ps3!!!!

+ krae_man on October 10th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Why is the MSRP for the PSP version $10 more then the PS2 version?

Do you not know how to properly price handheld titles(Especially digital ones)?

$40 for a portable download is insane, I hope you learn quickly no one is willing to pay that and change your pricing structure.

+ TheKingdomKeeper on October 10th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

This is going to be a great game!

+ onslaughtree on October 10th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

My psp go NIGHTMARE !!!! Oh please please, sony, please get my account fixed before JAK&DAXTER gets released. I bought my psp go on day 1, oct 1st, but have yet to play any games on it, thanks to the lack of help from sony. I love my playstation3, & psp, but by sony not being able to activate my psp go, it’s making me bald….

+ EmperorKorea on October 11th, 2009 at 12:24 am said:

hawt

do want.

+ CaptPierce on October 11th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

@38

Ready at Dawn did Chains of Olympus and Daxter, not High Impact Games.

+ Solid_Belmont on October 11th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

Mehhhh,I want a JAK for PS3 and developement for Naughty Dog.

Otherwise………….mehhh

+ lukeike on October 11th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

BRING DISSDIA TO PSN!!!

+ Savage_Killer007 on October 11th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

ps3 ftw

+ sweetlight on October 15th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

is this game downloadable?

+ fiskycatcha on October 15th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

im gonna buy this but i think its another blow to the series. i mean jak x stunk and daxter was alright.it could be alright but i think bad graphics bad story line

+ blazegamer55 on October 17th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Ok, Im a HUGE J+D fan but the guns and health meter look kinda stupid im going to buy it but I have low expectations….

+ sam25585 on October 18th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

i have all of the jak and daxter games

+ Eddie_Love_ on October 21st, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I hope naughty dog makes it because from other naughty dog products like crash, have been turn into a embaressing game like the new crash games mind over mutant 0/10. Crash the old classic(my favorite platformer)game turn into rubble why cant they make the crash games more like twinsanity that was the stuff really fun to play and YOU CAN TELL ITS CRASH unlike the new ones… (Sigh) but i digress ill give it a try either way but im just keeping the reciet just in case.

+ starburst121 on October 22nd, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

I agree with comment #2. Jak and Daxter need to have a true platforming game, using the Uncharted 2 engine. I’m still going to try this out though. (I’m not so sure about Dark Eco Daxter.)

+ starburst121 on October 22nd, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

No vehicles, no guns, and you have a GREAT jak and Daxter game.

+ gamer4ever77 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Naughty Dog should have been like Insomniac Games and continued the series on the PS3.

+ gamer4ever77 on October 23rd, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games are the best developers for Playstation with the Crash, Jak, Uncharted, Spyro, Ratchet, and Resistance Games.

+ secseh_g on October 25th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

since it’s not made by Naughty Dog anymore, will it be as good? look at the Crash Bandicoot series, it went downhill after Naughty Dog dropped it.

+ seven13tex on October 29th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

So what do I get for pre-ordering?

+ VenomGT-R on November 5th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

Jak and Daxter on PS3 is a must!!!!
This game has earned my loyalty!
Naughty Dog bring it on to PS3!!!

+ djh80 on November 6th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

WOW!!!!

+ krazy4koolaid on November 7th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

the Jak and Dexter series have always been my favorite. I already beet the game and enjoyed i and was wondering why naughty Dog

+ krazy4koolaid on November 7th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Im just wondering why Naughty did not creat this one or the one where you play as dexter for the psp. I didnt like them as much as the original,2 and3 3.

PAGE 1 2