PS4 - Destiny

MAG Pre-order Public Beta Now Open

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Oct 12, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

Today a whole new group of operatives joined the Shadow War. October 12 marks the start of the GameStop and EB Games pre-order MAG Public Beta period. At 10:00 AM this morning, all those who pre-ordered MAG from GameStop or EB Games in Canada received access to the MAG Public Beta and joined existing Public Beta users. Be prepared to choose your side – Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R. are once again locked in battle.

MAG screenshot new

The hours for this phase of the MAG Public Beta are:

Monday – Friday:
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
8:00 PM – 12:00 AM EDT

12:00 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM CDT

11:00 AM – 2:00 PM MDT
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM MDT

10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT

Later this week or early next, we will be releasing a new version of the MAG Public Beta client. This will be a major update to the MAG Public Beta client and server set.

Remember, in North America the MAG Public Beta access from November 9 to November 20 will be available exclusively to people who pre-order MAG from GameStop or EB Games (in Canada). If you live in North America and you want to continue playing MAG you will need to get your pre-order in to GameStop or EB Games and get your MAG Public Beta voucher code. This will also be the first time the MAG Public Beta will be available 24/7 with unlimited server hours (with the exception of server maintenance).

In conjunction with the next phase of the MAG Public Beta, we are also introducing a ton of new features for our Web site, MAG.com. The updated site will include a community section with access to the MAG forums, RSS feeds, and new media and downloads for fans, including wallpapers, AIM icons, and XMB themes for each of the PMCs. You can also read more background on each of the PMCs and enlist in your favorite private army. Check it out now at MAG.com. The Shadow War is coming 1.26.10.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ WestCoastR3DUBZ on October 12th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

1st!! I want This game

+ dotCody on October 12th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

That’s very nice, but:
UNCHARTED 2 TOMORROW!

+ Cloudburst– on October 12th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Does anyone know what these times are in the U.K? Will we have to stay up to midnight again?

P.S Please don’t let the “major” update be one of those massive 3GB Peer To Peer Metal Gear Online style downloads that takes approximately 4 months. :D

+ KiLLeRJuaN420 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

So if I’m already in the beta I have to preorder to stay inthe beta come November? Is that right?

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ sluisi on October 12th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

In North America, the MAG Public Beta phase from November 9th to November 20th is exclusive to only players who pre-order at GameStop or EB Games.

Unfortunately, existing Public Beta participants will not be able to play MAG during this phase.

+ TerryVSL on October 12th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

My god is this game amazing.

Graphics are incredible. No lag. Incredible depth and strategy.

Haven’t touched that stinking pile of fail Call of Duty since I got my hands on this masterpiece.

Call of Duty looks and feels like a last gen game compared to MAG.

Don’t know how PS3 exclusives can be this much better than multiplatforms games:

256 players for MAG vs 16 players for CoD

No lag for MAG vs lag for CoD

Next gen graphics for MAG vs last gen graphics for CoD

+ MaGeeK-mAn on October 12th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Go MAG!

+ gold5225 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Yea SO Basically I go Pick up my Uncharted 2 and preorder this tomorrow then right lol

+ ColeBeans on October 12th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Yea, all the PS3 haters out there got to play this game and check out Uncharted 2 also, comes out tomorrow! Cheyea! 256 players with no Lag, That is amazing and its only possible on the PS3. :)

+ Jim777 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Those of us in the Beta from Qore can still access it right?

+ liketoski on October 12th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

@4
If you are already in the beta then you don’t have to pre-order it.

+ MaGeeK-mAn on October 12th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I got my code from GameStop last week and redeemed it at 7 o’ clock (EST) this morning.

+ Zezzler on October 12th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

any other way to get into MAG beta?

+ NiteStrikerZero on October 12th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

I hope you newcomers enjoy the beta, I personally don’t really like it.

+ KILLZONE79 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

does qore mag beta users get the boot out of mag and gamestop mag beta gets all the glory?

+ On_lineSoldier on October 12th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Hm.. whens dissidia coming to psn again?

+ MaGeeK-mAn on October 12th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

@12 Not any other that I know of. Probably in a giveaway or something. A website called Gamer Reviews is giving away several MAG codes tonight among other things in PlayStation Home.

+ BornLeader77 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

I Just Beat UNCHARTED 2 in Hard Best Game Ever.

+ Barnolde on October 12th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

Put this on PSN like Warhark and Socom.

+ xDeathReaperx_2 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

I was already in the M.A.G Private BETA, so I get to play in this one!

M.A.G is turning out to be a great game!

+ somethingatt on October 12th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Wasn’t sure about this but the BETA sold me.

Awesome game.

+ xDeathReaperx_2 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

I was already in the M.A.G Private BETA, so I get to play in this one!

M.A.G is turning out to be a great game!

Did this not show up?

+ Jody1990 on October 12th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

I was shocked by the quality and performance of this game. This might be the contender for the worst PS3 exclusive..

At least it will be head to head with SOCOM: Confrontation :-)

+ CrAzYKiNg14 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

I have been a BETA tester for awhile, its an awesome game. Alot of level 1’s this morning lol. Welcome new beta testers!

+ ADR143 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

yay!!!

+ joseph2411 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Will this update to the MAG client include the 2GB install so ppl can download it in background? I have a lot of games to play including tomorrows’s Uncharted 2 and i don’t have the time to leave my PS3 downloading countless hours when it could be doing so while i am playing uncharted single player. Please tell me this update fixes this.

+ awsome_robot on October 12th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

@5

you should get an hdtv. or get your eyes checked. other than that mag is fun.

+ NiteStrikerZero on October 12th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

I hope the newcomers to the beta enjoy it. I don’t really like the beta.

+ Bug42 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Rumor has it that the we will have a monthly bill to play MAG. Such as a MMO. Can you please confirm or deny, before I preorder the game.

Thanks

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ sluisi on October 12th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

There is no monthly charge to play MAG.

You can experience the intense action of 256 player battles right out of he box without paying any additional fees beyond the purchase price of the game itself.

+ mundox86 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

How is a beta that requires you to pre-order/buy the game a “PUBLIC” anything?

+ JulezRomeo on October 12th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Man, why Gamestop? I refuse to shop there. As much as I want to play the Beta, I still will not reserve my copy there.

+ TerryVSL on October 12th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

@awsome_robot

LOL! Look everyone! It’s an actual Call of Duty fanboy!

Call of Duty:

Wii level graphics

Crappy arcadish controls

Massive amounts of auto-aim so lamers like awsome_robot can actually hit stuff

Lag

Tiny numbers of player per match

Can’t believe I wasted 60 bucks on such a turd of a game like Call of Duty. It really is the Britney Spears of FPS games. Mass market, lowest common denominator garbage.

+ BIGVaTeR- on October 12th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Yeah got my code but its not working for some reason its sucks

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ sluisi on October 14th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

We discovered that consumers who pre-ordered from GameStop.com received invalid codes. GameStop should be sending you another e-mail with a valid code.

+ Odium_Generis on October 12th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

@5 I also hate Call of Duty (too many kids…too easy…few objectives…no strategy), but stop pretending that the graphics for COD are bad. It only makes you look dumb to try and state that. EVERYONE knows COD looks better than MAG, but it’s the ONLY thing it does better. For shallow gamers, that’s all they need. When the grow up, they’ll want MAG and games like it.

+ islanda73 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

halo sucks compared to Warhawk with 32 players online and now MAG has 256 woot

+ markfaulken on October 12th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

yea this game is awesome. much better than i expected

i do love CoD and cant wait till MW2 but i will be doing MAG till then

+ HostileForLife on October 12th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Is there any word on how big this ‘Major’ update will be?

+ Jocis on October 12th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

@30, reserve get the beta, and then go and ask your money back because you didn’t liked the game

+ HostileForLife on October 12th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

Is there any estimation on how big this ‘major’ update will be?

+ Jocis on October 12th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

MAG graphics are not that good in a first look but when you think of the really big map and that you will be playing with 256 players you will think that the game have good graphics

+ hxczuner on October 12th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

sooo… i can’t enter the code. Do I have to enter it within the 10-1 time frame? The email i got from gamestop said i could redeem it at 5pm pst… which is now

+ kailash42 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

My code also isn’t working :(

+ mtor82 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

I’m having the same problem :( I just recieved my pre-order code and it’s not working. I get a message saying its invalid :(

+ mister1337 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Yup, more stuff to not care about. Only thing that matters is DIssidia being up on PSN, which still hasn’t happened.

+ wazawoo on October 12th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

I am getting an error code (80023156) every time I try to enter the code. It is VERY frustrating. I have been waiting for this beta for weeks and it is the main reason I pre-ordered. Someone help… :(

+ cyrax777 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

i keep getting error 80032156 when trying to redeem my code

+ BGursky59 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

If we were already in the old beta, is there a reason to keep the old beta?

+ jimmyhoffa82 on October 12th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

My gamestop code doesn’t work WTF!!!

+ wazawoo on October 12th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

Please admins! Help us! :(

+ ASLplease on October 12th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Wait so uh, I pre-ordered MAG at Gamestop [America]

Was I supposed to have gotten a voucher or an email for the Beta code? They told me my code will be emailed, but I haven’t gotten it yet.

+ muzuabo on October 12th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Mine isn’t working either. The code that is. I’ll harass my local gamestop to find out why. Unless you can offer a solution.

PAGE 1 2 3 4