PS4-Infamous

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Coming to PSP!

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Oct 12, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

Hi, this is Daimion Pinnock from SCEA, and I’m here to give you the latest news on what is going on with Savage Moon. I’m pleased to inform you that you will now have a chance to take Savage Moon on the go as it will now be available on the PSP! Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign will feature new gameplay and content galore. For more details, here are my colleagues at FluffyLogic:

Hello – this is Ana (the producer) and Tom (the designer) from FluffyLogic again (you can read our last blog-post’s for Sony here & here). We would like to tell you about the latest developments in the Savage Moon universe: the Insectocytes have invaded the PSP! For the last few months FluffyLogic personnel have been toiling away in an underground bunker to produce the mobile incarnation of the game: Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign – featuring new weapons, new bugs, news maps and new gameplay.

Savage Moon PSP Screenshot 1

For those new to the game, Savage Moon is a tower defense strategy game which launched on PS3 last winter. The game pits the player (humans), who is trying to mine valuable minerals from sentient asteroids or Imoons, against massive chitinous, armoured bugs called ‘Insectocytes’. As the humans burrow into the ground, the Imoon produces its own auto-immune response in much the same way that the human body produces white-blood cells in response to an infection; this is when the killing starts!

We have seen the humans encounter the Insectocytes before. There has been two explosive campaigns set in deep space in the Shathak sector (the original game) and the Waldgeist nebula (the expansion pack). What we discovered is that the enemy evolves in response to attack – what does not kill them, makes them stronger! They grow resilient and mutate into diverse new forms with each mission and Imoon contested.

Savage Moon PSP Screenshot 2

The next step is to colonise the PSP with Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign, named with reference to the Aegophagus: the goat eating aspect of the Greek goddess. This huge gathering of Imoons, the Hera Cluster, drifted into human space a few months ago. Preliminary intelligence suggests that it consists of 20 Imoons populated by a rich variety of Insectocyte forms, some of which have been encountered before and some of which are new. An example of a new form is the Drainer – evolved in response to our rapidly advancing military capability, this Insectocyte emits a bio-magnetic pulse-field that temporarily incapacitates any human technology within its range – rendering it vulnerable to rapacious Tank or Stinger Insectocytes. Other forms encountered include the regenerator sub-species that heals any damage it has taken, making them doubly-hard to kill.

But the human military forces have not stood still either. We are going to make new technologies available for the Hera Campaign, with pride of place going to the Sniper Tower – a deadly new combat tower that seeks the most deadly prey within range. We have also separated the blocking towers from the rest of the tower-tech to give the player both drop-pods (that land a new combat or support tower) and block-pods (that land a blocking tower).

Savage Moon PSP Screenshot 3

In addition you now play as the Supreme Commander of the entire armada. The player controls events for the whole campaign as well as each individual Imoon mission. The player chooses which Imoon to concentrate their resources of drop-pods, block-pods and credits into via the new Tactical Layer interface. Success on a mission results in more resources and the unlocking of new technologies.

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign brings the best of the action-strategy gameplay from the PS3 onto the PSP. It continues the relentless assaults by very large bugs but re-works the overall strategy, adding key aspects to make the game a truly mobile, gaming experience:

• 20 New Imoons
  • 2 new species plus 2 new sub-species of Insectocyte
  • New interface allowing the player to plan the whole campaign
  • Unlock vengeance mode version of each Imoon
  • Unlock hidden alternative music soundtracks by Parasite & special guests
  • Designed specifically for PSP
  • Tactical Skills menu – adds new gameplay controls in addition to Command Skills

Continue to check back here soon for more updates and details for Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign – we’re definitely excited and hope that you are too!

+ animeboy413 on October 12th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

1st!

+ Tr3p1dat10n on October 12th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Savage Moon was an awesome game on PS3, is this one going to be as impossibly hard? =p

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

No, we got good feedback from Savage Moon and Waldgeist and it will be better balanced. Also has an easy/normal mode so users can choose.

+ animeboy413 on October 12th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

When is the release date? so i can buy this :)

+ lukeike on October 12th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

coolio! Don’t forget to bring dissdia!

+ lukeike on October 12th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Oh and, How much will this be? Will there be any connectivity between the ps3 version? Also, are there any multiplayer modes?

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

We don\’t know price yet – no PS3 connectivity or multiplayer as yet – but who knows…

+ lukeike on October 12th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

why are my posts not showing up?

+ WestCoastR3DUBZ on October 12th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

This game looks interesting.

+ IcedDice777 on October 12th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Hi! i love Savage Moon on my PS3. Are you also planning to expand upon the ps3 version with more DLC? Thank you

On a different note….i’m getting fed up with the RETARDS incapable of common sense (Deleted 3 of them from my friends list on th last 48 hrs) for spammingtheir ridiculous chain mails. You would think that at the very least they read the PS BLOG! SHeeeeesh! sorry for the rant.

+ KazeEternal on October 12th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

With all these ports to PSP of PS3 PSN titles have any of these developers thought of extending the titles so they can be sync’ed with each other? For instance continuing a saved game or having some sort of impact between the two titles? Perhaps even a PSP/PS3 set of games that are intended to be played together in order to progress? I mean they are PSN titles after all there should be some overhead for experimentation from Sony at the very least.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Thanks for the comment – this is not a port – it is a totally new game – it has 20 new levels, new towers, new Insectocyctes and a new tactical layer of resource management – plus more!

+ mailman27 on October 12th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Thank You FluffyLogic!! I have been following the coverage of Savage Moon and hoping it would come to the PSP and now my wish has come true!

Hi Ana & Tom,
Any word on a release window for The Hera Campaign? I’m hoping it will be priced the same as the original Savage Moon.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Big thanks for the comment – don\’t have a date yet but we hope soon…

+ Jetup on October 12th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Date & price?

Or no word on them both?

+ Slipping_halo on October 12th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

@KazeEternal. That’s a fantasic idea I really hope some devs pick up on that idea. It really would be nice to see some more ps3 and psp connectivity. Hell I might go and buy a pspGo if that’s the cause cause my psp fat it pretty much toast!

+ FFObsessed on October 12th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

I’m sick of PS3 PSN title getting ported to PSP. Give us something original for PSP. I’m not going to buy the same title twice, new content or not.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

As we said, not a port – a new game. We\’ve spent over 6 months working hard on this title and we hope you\’ll give it a go! Thanks.

+ DTXSFC on October 12th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Will this be a Mini?

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

We don\’t think so, no.

+ mister1337 on October 12th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Hmmm, more psp news completely irrelevant. Only psp news anyone wants to hear about is Dissidia being up on the PSN

+ Dinkelheimer on October 12th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Oh my. You’ve managed to make my day. Thank you for bringing this to the PSP!

+ Zezzler on October 12th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

i like how lots of games are going portable (psp) lately, especially psn titles. i hope this one does well.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on October 12th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Looks good but the graphics remind me of ps1

+ abrader on October 12th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I am a fan of the PS3 game. I will consider this.

+ hush404 on October 12th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

After seeing all the great looking PSP games lately… this one looks sub par.

+ stlthriot on October 12th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

I agree, even with the new Training mode on the PS3 it is still quite hard at times, and there needs to be better warning that your base is being attacked, sometimes I am totally surprised when I get a game over, lol.
The camera gets a little out of control at times as well on the PS3.

Sad to see the PSP get a whole bunch of new stuff but not really anything for the PS3, like the new interface to plan the battle, sounds useful. :)

+ lowhonor on October 12th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

the psp is no ps3 in terms of power, but this game looked pretty bad graphically on the ps3, and it looks worse than some early ps1 games on the psp

sorta disappointing considering how many psp games are surpassing ps2 games now (daxter, dissidia, peace walker, birth by sleep, etc)

+ Magwheels on October 12th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Looking good!

+ AaronF on October 12th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

I beat the main campaign on the PS3 version, but the Waldgeist DLC is really fracking hard. I can’t even get past the second map.

+ Mowdown_OS on October 12th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I MUST have this game TODAY on my PSP!!!! I love the PS3 version! Any word on a when this game comes out?

+ KILLZONE79 on October 12th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

yes bring more DLC for PS3 version!

+ btz on October 12th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

I have rainbowed every level of monsters…. but this game is TOO hard, once the aliens strike back its game over for me :-D

+ Thrasher20 on October 12th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

Hopefully when I fix my PS3 I’ll but this

+ On_lineSoldier on October 12th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

Notice it only says PSP, I wonder if it will be on the Go

+ Towers76 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I agree with some of the earlier posts. I’d love to see some unlockables based on saved games from the PS3 version. Whether that means new techs or more money or whatever that would be a great way reward those of us who played through the original.

+ zyxses on October 12th, 2009 at 10:57 pm said:

I’m still hoping that they patch SM on the PS3 as some of the original levels on Waldgeist are damn hard!

+ Wip3ou7pure on October 13th, 2009 at 1:35 am said:

I hope this version of the game requires you to use more than just tons of lvl 5 machine gun towers to beat the game.

+ WastelandDan on October 13th, 2009 at 2:19 am said:

I’m sold. This is were this game belongs…on the PSP!

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Ana Kronschnabl on November 13th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

Cheers Wasteland Dan!

+ trav54 on October 13th, 2009 at 4:59 am said:

Loved the PS3 version. Will pick this up.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar