PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Insomniac Games Community Day to Celebrate the Launch of Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time!

Ryan Schneider's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Schneider on Oct 14, 2009 // Brand Development Director, Insomniac Games

Hey all,

You’ve heard from James Stevenson in this blog. You’ve heard from Bryan Intihar. You’ve even heard from Ted Price.

But you haven’t heard from me yet! I’m Ryan Schneider, Insomniac’s Community Director (jstevenson’s long lost “stunt double” for you NeoGaf veterans). I want to personally invite you to what I hope becomes a long-standing tradition – our Community Day event at Insomniac HQ in Burbank (Calif.).

DSC00418

Nothing makes us happier at Insomniac than celebrating our accomplishments with our fans. Last year, we hosted our first Community Day here to commemorate the launch of Resistance 2 (see images). We conducted a panel discussion with the dev team, served a gigantic lunch, fragged each other silly in MP/co-op matches and signed a ton of autographs. In short, it was a success.

We want to do it again, only bigger and better. So on Friday, October 23 from 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM, please join us to celebrate the upcoming October 27 North American launch of Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. There will be (rare) swag to give away. There will be autographs to collect – maybe even a couple from some famous non-Insomniacs. There will be food and drink to consume. And there will be many Insomniacs milling about to meet along with possibly another surprise or two.

We hope you can join us! We’ll take care of the event, so all you have to take care of is getting here. The first 120 people will get in, so make sure to arrive early (there’s only so many people we can fit inside the studio). Visit our Facebook event page for details and be kept apprised of event updates (under 18 must have a parent or guardian in attendance). Of course, I’ll be sending updates via our Twitter feed (@insomniacgames) so stay tuned there as well.

Looking forward to meeting you on October 23!

DSC00419 DSC00406

PAGE 1 2

+ Jim777 on October 14th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

I would love to attend but im all the way over on the east coast >_>

Ill have to stuff myself with Ratchet and Clank Home gear to make up for the Insomniac shaped hole in my heart :P

+ ajpfeif on October 14th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Already got Crack in Time pre-ordered.
Can’t wait!!!

+ hkyluver on October 14th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Eagerly awaiting October 27th! Great job on the game guys, looks great! Diggin’ the space travel too, I’m ready to sink some hours in too this puppy. =D

+ NiteStrikerZero on October 14th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

I wish I lived in the area. I’m stuck here in Virginia though

Btw, can’t wait to get the next firmware with cross-game chat :D

+ STIFF1 on October 14th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on Crack!!!

+ Tr3p1dat10n on October 14th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

STill nothing in Idaho :(

+ S-s-sarah on October 14th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

No way for me to be there since I go to school and live in Missouri. D:
But I pre-ordered R&C already! Woo. Can’t wait for it. :B

+ ProSoldier14 on October 14th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Aw, I wish I lived in Burbank.

+ floppy72 on October 14th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Resistance 2 and Ratchet & Clank RULEZ

+ ajpfeif on October 14th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

I live close and want to go, but I have school. Or maybe I wont.
Hurry I need a good name for a disease.
=D

+ JohnnySasaki on October 14th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I’m so there! Last year was amazing =D

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you again.

+ SoYoung on October 14th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I’m so exited for this new Ratchet game. It is one of my favorite franchise back in ps2 and now on the ps3. Right now I restarted a game for both Tools of Destruction and Quest for booty, so good games realy!

Just one question : Do you think we’ll have a demo for a crack in time before the release date ?

+ djpenny1 on October 14th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

what about Canada?

+ yin69yang on October 14th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

I know eevryone is gushing about Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands. But to me my money and game of the year titles are Ratchet and Clank and New Super Mario Wii :-D

I rented Uncharted 2 and it’s cool and fun but the AI is kinda stupid and i have more fun playing any of the R&C games :-D
Also how can you possibly say no to 4player coop on New Super Mario Wii and do bets to see who wins the stage :-p

I wish Insomniac would open a office in Phoenix so i can work for them without having to move to LA :-p

+ ndw4 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Jeez, if I was Insomniac I would be soooo jealous of Naughty Dog

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

We\’re not jealous of the Dogs at all. We all try to encourage each other to raise the bar in game\’s development and they really did w/ Uncharted 2!

+ AceOfSpades725 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

This sounds fun!…..but the insomniac HQ is about a 6 hour drive from the bay area so i’ll probably stay home. The new Ratchet & Clank looks great! I can’t wait to play it!

+ NeoGuardian86 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

can’t wait for Ratchet and Clank : A Crack in Time, i’ve already pre-ordered it.

Looking forward to Resistance 3.

+ Azure-Edge on October 14th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Cool to hear.
So once Ratchet and Clank is out will Insomniac FINALLY make a new patch for Resistance 2 and maybe some DLC?

+ Bris_Blade on October 14th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Really cool event, wish I could make it!! >.<

+ Blkant on October 14th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Stupid California… We were the cool beach location before you guys were even a state, and we have forts!!! But you have all the video game luck hu? Lucky posers…

:P

+ Fersis on October 14th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Day one.

Cheers and hi to :Bryan,Ryan,James,Ted and all the cool insomniac guys

+ tha_con on October 14th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Cheers Ryan! I’ll gladly attend, assuming I can ensure a spot :P Looking into plane tickets now, hopefully my boss will give me time off!

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

We will hope to see you there. Make sure you sign up on the Facebook events page.

+ tha_con on October 14th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

I’m down, so long as I don’t waste my money flying all the way there and then can’t get in.

*single tear*

Good stuff guys!

+ Bioman20 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I wish I could but Im all the way up North(A.K.A Canada) Nova Scotia. Plus I have School. Why do these things never happen around here:(

+ Airwalkinman17 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Insomaniac, you guys rule. I wish I could go. It’s only about a two hour drive for me, but I have to work in order to keep up with the bills. It’s awesome to know that you put on these sort of events. I’ve got R&C pre-ordered (yay!) and am REALLY looking to all your future titles (R3).

+ Jeigh on October 14th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

This is it! Finally, the trilogy comes to a climax! Are you guys psyched!? Time to rock the galaxy and beyond!

YEEEEAAAH!

Ahem. I eagerly anticipate the continuation of this fine series and enjoying everything the wonderful folks at Insomniac Games (Developer Gods) have brought to fruition. May you have a successful launch.

YEAYEAAAAH!! ^^O,o^^

+ gr1mj0w on October 14th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

NeoGAF in the house! Can’t wait for this game to be released

+ KoRn555 on October 14th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

I hope to be able to attend this, i attended the Resistance community day, i know this will be just as great.

+ NCtwin on October 14th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

I live right off of Pass Ave in Burbank. I’d love to make it there. Where are you guys located anyway?? Please look at my resume too!! I’ve sent it a few million times lol.

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

We\’re between Empire and Ontario, near Hollywood Way. Basically across the street from the Burbank Airport. Easy on the resume sending though, K? ;)

+ Destiny89 on October 14th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

I love you Insomniac and love the Ratchet and Clank games. im buying this day 1 and please dont let the series die.. at least make another R&C game.. its hard not seeing any R&C games :(

+ T3mpr1x on October 14th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

I gotta say, I went last year and had a great time. This lands on a Friday, which is perfect for me! See everyone there!

+ Seph_luis_br on October 14th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

I wish i could go =/
Too bad California is too far to me.
I wish all sucess to Insomniac, you guys deserve it. I will buy R&C Crack in time for sure (and Resistance 3 when it’s released. I’m a huge fan of the series).

+ T3mpr1x on October 14th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

…why aren’t my comments posting? Or are they just taking a while to show up?

+ T3mpr1x on October 14th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Last year’s event was great! This lands on a Friday which is nice for me as well. I’ll see everyone there!

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

Cool! Thanks for coming again. That\’s a huge compliment to all of us at Insomniac that you liked last year\’s event so much.

+ WestSiide on October 14th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

ill be there… I LOVE L.A!!!

+ T3mpr1x on October 14th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

…nevermind. Haha!

+ lightweaponx on October 14th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

I loved the last ratchet game but i hope you don;t do what you guys did with Resistance 2 and completely screw this one up. I have to say Resistance 2 was very disappointing to me. I loved the first one but R2 was crap. It was very generic, the voice acting was awful, the health regen system was completely uninspired(should have left it alone!), only two weapons at a time left for no room to experiment, and I have more but this isn’t really the place but I thought it should be said anyway O_o

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

Thank you for the blunt feedback. We take it seriously.

+ roseofmayix on October 14th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Fail for not using your brand new North Carolina studio.

Give the east coast some love.

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

All in due time. All in due time.

+ ktiger34 on October 14th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

WOO!!! I am so there ;)

+ cell989 on October 14th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Ill be there, this is something Naughty Dog should have done with Uncharted 2.

+ cell989 on October 14th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

You can bet your bottom dollar Ill be there

+ NEJI64 on October 14th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

i need to move to Cali. any internship going on at Insomniac or Sony’s video game camp.

+ NeodeosX on October 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Great move, once again, from IG for their fans :)

You guys rock. That’s why I love you so much.

I would looooove to be here… but I live in France :(

I got the chance to go to the studio, but certainly not in those conditions.

*sigh*

+ JoeDuke4 on October 14th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Awesome. RandC and Uncharted are all I need.

+ liketoski on October 14th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Any comment about the Resistance 3 billboard?

+ RESISTANCE61513 on October 14th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Is there anyway to RSVP to Community Day?

Ever since the last Community Day was announced, sadly I couldn’t attend; I’ve been looking forward to the next one. I’ve been working a lot to save up money for a hotel and air fare; I would be flying from Michigan, and it would be devastating to travel all that way and not get in.

Please let me know.

Ryan Schneider's Avatar

+ rschneider on October 14th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Read the post above and link to the Facebook Events page for RSVP. Good luck!

+ XxblitzassaultXx on October 14th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

i wish i could attend this.. but i cant drive from seattle to burbank

+ rcgaryk on October 14th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

I’d love to be able to help and partake in this. I even have my copy of R&C reserved. However I am one of the lucky PS3 owners who’s Blu-Ray drive has been rendered useless by the recent 3.01 firmware…

+ PullusPardusUS on October 14th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

i just finished Ratchet and Clank Tools, and im going into Quest For Booty , so how is this game going to be? Quest for booty as i noticed had more Exploration and Platforming than Tools of Destruction.
i hope this one have too, it looks sweeetttt!

btw did i mention that i love you guys! =]

+ RESISTANCE61513 on October 14th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

Cool, I RSVP’d on the Facebook event page.

Does that guarantee an entry?

Thanks for answering my question Mr. Schneider.

PAGE 1 2