PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Oct 14, 2009 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

The PlayStation Network will undergo maintenance tonight, October 14. Maintenance is expected to start at 11pm Pacific and could last for several hours. During this time, some users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store or account management, and may encounter some difficulty while signing in to PSN.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

91 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ perrandy on October 14th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

firmware 3.10 confirmed? XD

+ Microshock on October 14th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Ha Ha perrandy, that’s what I thought!
Cross Game CHAT!

Lot’s of maintenance lately

+ SHINSPIKES on October 14th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

If we had a psn status icon with a little info ticker in the top right corner, yah wouldn’t have to post this blog.

+ mystikalguy on October 14th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

Lol @ perrandy….No worry….I’ll be busy playing Uncharted 2 XD

+ GamerMoney on October 14th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

hmmm…a mystery…i’ll get sherlock on the case

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on October 14th, 2009 at 8:19 pm said:

hmmm wonder y?

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on October 14th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

hmmm…. wonder y?

+ bbd23 on October 14th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

in after 3.10 comment.

+ RGS-14 on October 14th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

@SHINSPIKES
HA! HA!
No but seriously take the ticker off!

+ I_am_rushin on October 14th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Loving Uncharted 2!!!

+ dotCody on October 14th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

@1
You wish.

@3

+ Stoffinator on October 14th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

Fixing the long log in time for Home maybe?

+ dotCody on October 14th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

@12
PSN maintenance isn’t HOME maintenance. :/

+ Destiny89 on October 14th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

No worries.. got Uncharted 2 to keep me busy :D

+ sirgrinalot on October 14th, 2009 at 8:29 pm said:

@3
thats the funniest thing i’ve ever read on the blog

+ sirgrinalot on October 14th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

@3
thats the funniest thing iv’e ever read on the blog

+ ADR143 on October 14th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

is this a good thing?

+ DeuceCam on October 14th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

[quote]Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when the PSN is fully back online.[/quote]

Am I the only one that’s sick of hearing this? I’m not on Twitter, and I never intend to be. So why should I need to log-in on that site to get updates on psn? Is that not what the ps blog is for?

+ Blkant on October 14th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

I always wondered why and what was being done for/during these.

+ gus_xl on October 14th, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

@17

I agree. I’m not as angry, but I agree.

+ Stoffinator on October 14th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

@12 I know, was just throwing it out there. lol

+ JLF9000 on October 14th, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

@ 15 & 3 I agree funniest comment to date.

+ DNAgent on October 14th, 2009 at 8:59 pm said:

I hope this downtime is for an update that include cross-game voice chat (ontop of other obvious things like voice messages and party chat; I assume the cross-game chat would be party chat).

I mean the downtime is 2pm EST. That’s a bad time for maintenance. Why not start it at night?

+ SpeedRacer1955 on October 14th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

No 3.10 or cross-game chat in this maintainence. If that were so then they would just have a firmware update on a Mon/Tue time frame. This is to add the new content for the PS Store and the Home spaces that were announced earlier on the Blog.

+ blackmajic13 on October 14th, 2009 at 9:20 pm said:

@17
The Twitter updates as the Blog updates, the Twitter doesn’t update if the Blog doesn’t update. Get it?

+ MattyT on October 14th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

@17

Relax, and just click the little ‘Twitter feed’ link. No login required.

+ tearsofash on October 14th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

@18

You don’t have to log in to see the updates, you just have to go the page. You could even add their twitter feed to your favorite feed reader (google reader?) and never have to go to the twitter website again to see their updates as they happen.

+ Irishmandkg on October 14th, 2009 at 9:29 pm said:

can’t wait for cross game chat, just what we need for mw2.

+ DMeisterJ on October 14th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

Cross game chat coming sooner than expected :D

lol

+ JukeboxAddict on October 14th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

A day after Uncharted 2 is released? Are you people dense? Why would you do maintenance today? During the day no less. What is going on over there at SCEA?

+ thepatriots on October 14th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

I heard a rumor that Sony can’t keep a secret no matter how hard it tries. Lol… I say just tell use everything as soon as you think of it… or you could threaten your workers with execution… nah that would not go over well.

+ TriangleOffense on October 14th, 2009 at 9:57 pm said:

@30 since uncharted is primarily a single player game I dont think it was much of a concern better to do it now than when MW2 drops and you guys all die from “OMG WTF I cant Log In WAHHHHHHHHH”

+ danielakadanny on October 14th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

hey sony, why after I updated to 3.00 I can’t play music on the XMB? when I press the PS button it just says if I want to quit playback.

+ luminum_x on October 14th, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

I hope they are adding the Grand Theft Auto psp games and Crisis Core and Phantasy Star and killzone.

+ Korlithiel on October 14th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

Interesting, and thanks for the update. A shame no real information about what’s happening.

+ ndw4 on October 14th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

No Uncharted 2 multiplayer for me. But I haven’t even beat single-player. Stupid school!

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on October 14th, 2009 at 10:24 pm said:

32 – i would love to taste the tears of nerd rage and wish they had

33 – you can still play music from xmb just press the jewel once got to your music and click on it.

+ xplosneer on October 14th, 2009 at 10:52 pm said:

@33
This was an odd issue, but I believe you can fix it by enabling 44Hz under audio settings.

+ muzzar69 on October 14th, 2009 at 10:55 pm said:

sony, when are we going to see some uncharted 2 ads?
im sick to death of seeing 10 halo ODST adds per day and 6 need for speed shift ones.
you wana know why ps3 games are selling like crap?
because you people dont market them.
honestly the ps3 slim came out 1 month and 15 days ago and i have not seen 1 add for them.
NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive lost count the amount of 360 adds i have seen since the price drop.
if you are paying people for marketing i suggest you fire them, because my birds could do a better job.
in fact if you want, ill be happy for you to take them off my hands ;)

+ BiezulbubBill69 on October 14th, 2009 at 11:01 pm said:

cross game voice chat here we come.

+ Enigma777 on October 15th, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

Hey Jeff, I think you guys need to start a countdown for Clockblockers seeing as how U2 is finally out (and it is EPIC! Just beat it.)

+ bashbro25 on October 15th, 2009 at 12:06 am said:

cross game chat would be sick……..hopefully we’ll get final fantasy 8 soon and perhaps a god of war 3 demo ^_^

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on October 15th, 2009 at 12:42 am said:

I wonder whether they will bother reading this comment.
Oh well, here goes.

Dear PlayStation,

would you kindly announce 3.10?
we all know about it, Naughy Dog leaked it,
and so have several sources.

I’m not asking for the update today,
I know it would have been announced,
but please, dear SONY,
announce firmware 3.10.

Give us a video of cross game chat,
tell us whether it supports several players,
thats all I want,
thats all I need,
dear SONY,
please hear me.

Thanks for your time,

Alex
PSN ID: Alex_Assassin_08

+ WestSiide on October 15th, 2009 at 12:58 am said:

so whats rumor on 3.0 about? anyone care to fill me in?

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:12 am said:

@ 44

Firmware 3.10 includes cross game voice chat.

+ DeuceCam on October 15th, 2009 at 1:18 am said:

@ 25, 26 and 27

I don’t care how it works. I’m not a fan of social networking sites and I don’t want to contribute to them in any way. That means not visiting the site period.

The point is twitter simply isn’t needed here, playstation has their own website and blog.

+ FinalDuo86 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:25 am said:

Still waiting for a ID tag name changing program. <_<

+ FinalDuo86 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:28 am said:

Naming changing program and more avatar options where?

+ WV_Rockstar on October 15th, 2009 at 1:31 am said:

@46

You’re not. You click the link, read a post, close the browser. Nothing less, nothing more.

+ johnelway72530 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:34 am said:

daniel aka danny you can still do that just go to system information icon then go down to restore settings the one that doesnt warn you doing this will delete the hard drize the one that does not aka one above it then restore settings then completed also doing this will fix the times played counter for music abd me on psn or send me message if needed more help by psn is johnelway72530

PAGE 1 2