PS4-Watch_Dogs

New BUZZ! Space Quiz Pack Hits PSN Today!

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Oct 15, 2009 // Associate Producer

Hey there BUZZ! fans! Today we’ve got a brand new quiz pack coming your way that we hope you’ll think is ‘out of this world.’ The new Space Quiz Pack delivers over 500 questions to test your knowledge on everything under the sun and beyond!

Buzz! Space Quiz Pack

Check out these sample questions to see if your space trivia skills are up to snuff:

WHICH PLANET IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM IS THE SMALLEST?

• PLUTO
  • MERCURY
  • VENUS
  • MARS

A MASSIVE, GRAVITATIONALLY BOUND SYSTEM THAT CONSISTS OF STARS, STELLAR REMNANTS, GAS AND DUST IS BETTER KNOWN AS WHAT?

• A GALAXY
  • A SOLAR SYSTEM
  • A NEBULA
  • A STAR SYSTEM

THE THEORY OF THE ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE IS KNOWN AS THE…WHAT?

• BIG BOOM
  • BIG BLAST
  • BIG BEN
  • BIG BANG

OUR SUN IS ONE OF THE BRIGHTEST STARS IN THE GALAXY BUT BY WHAT PROCESS DOES IT GENERATE ITS ENERGY?

• NUCLEAR FISSION
  • KINETIC DISCHARGE
  • NUCLEAR FUSION
  • KINETIC FRICTION

WHICH OF THESE GEOGRAPHIC FEATURES DOES MARS SHARE WITH EARTH?

• SALTWATER OCEANS
  • SMOG
  • POLAR ICE CAPS
  • CIVILIZATION

Great news for all of you who have been diligently downloading new quiz packs and can’t wait to get your hands on BUZZ!: Quiz World for PS3 this November. All PS3 quiz packs will be interoperable between BUZZ!: Quiz TV and BUZZ!: Quiz World for PS3! Not only does that mean that any future quiz packs will work with both PS3 games, it means that all of the quiz packs that you have already downloaded for BUZZ!: Quiz TV will automatically show up in your quiz bank when you pop in BUZZ!: Quiz World for PS3.

The BUZZ! DLC news doesn’t stop there. Just for those of you who like to test your trivia talent on the go, we’re gearing up to make downloadable quiz packs available for BUZZ!: Quiz World for PSP as well. Just access the PlayStation Network via your PSP and you’ll have access to downloadable quizzes from any wireless hotspot. That, combined with the fact that you’ll have access to MyBUZZQuiz.com content on PSP for the first time ever, means that you will never run out of questions for BUZZ!: Quiz World for PSP!

That’s all for now! Keep visiting the PlayStation Blog to stay up-to-date on the latest BUZZ! news.

41 Comments

+ DJ_DTM on October 15th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Search for my quiz pack on Buzz for some real fun!!

+ GGCAN on October 15th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Thanks Jenny.

No price mentioned, but I guess we’ll find out later today.

+ DJ_DTM on October 15th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

The DJ_DTM quizz pack is free :)

+ DJ_DTM on October 15th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Quiz, one Z, I know.

+ SPOPS on October 15th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Awesome, def. going to download this tonight.

+ PhillyManOfSteel on October 15th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Great News!!

I am so glad I will still be able to use my downloaded Quiz Packs in the new BUZZ!: Quiz World :)

One thing I would like to know.

Will BUZZ!: Quiz World have everything BUZZ!: Quiz TV has plus new stuff? Or will BUZZ!: Quiz World be 100% new?

I want to know if I trade in my old BUZZ!: Quiz TV if I would be missing anything?

+ Berae on October 15th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Will Buzz Quiz World be available in French? or only in english (in north america)

+ lukeike on October 15th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

so is dissdia coming today too?

+ Berae on October 15th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Will Buzz Quiz World be available in French or only in English (in north america)?

+ cmargary on October 15th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

I really want this buzz to be in spanish. I can play it in english with my brother or online but not with my niece and cousin. Please really please… That’s why we play more tv show king even that we like more buzz

+ Thwip on October 15th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Great to hear that all off the DLC quiz packs will be interoperable between both games…well done!

I just hope/wish the DLC quiz packs are at $5.99 or less as they were originaly. I didn’t mind $7.99 for the National Geographic ones based on an assumed license fee.

+ Bhurak on October 15th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Is the first question a trick or is the information out of date for this space pack? (Pluto officially no longer classified as a planet makes Mercury the best answer?)

+ Thwip on October 15th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Man I wish this thing had a spell checker, or comment edit button. My spelling is poor at the best of time.

I am so smart…S.M.R.T.

+ I_am_rushin on October 15th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Pluto isn’t a part of solar system. So is that a trick question or based off of old facts?

+ mister1337 on October 15th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

How about Dissidia, that would be better.

+ Thwip on October 15th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Man I wish this thing had a spell checker, or comment edit button. My spelling is poor at the best of times.

I am so smart…S.M.R.T.

+ RuthlessEd on October 15th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

#14:

Of course Pluto is still part of our solar system. It’s just no longer considered to be a planet (it’s now defined as a “dwarf” planet).

+ Nadafinga on October 15th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Thank you for the interoperability with Buzz Quiz World. Consider this quiz pack purchased!

+ PIMCO on October 15th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

When will BUZZ be avaliable to download for the PSP Go?

+ lukeike on October 15th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Ok, what is the difference from Buzz QuizTV, and Buzz Quiz world?

+ remanutd5 on October 15th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

hey Jenny how you doing ? i have a question about BUZZ Quiz TV , are we going to be able to play 4 vs 4 on sofa mode in the new BUZZ game??? that would be really great to be able to play 4 people on the same ps3 online . will the new BUZZ support online voice chat??? , i still dont own BUZZ psp because is not on the playstation store yet , i hope you guys put the new one on the store on released date .

+ PIMCO on October 15th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

When will we see BUZZ for download on the PSP Go?

+ PIMCO on October 15th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

When will BUZZ full version be avaliable to download on the PSP Go

+ AaronF on October 15th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

I hope these questions take into account that Pluto is no longer classified as a planet.

+ Thrasher20 on October 15th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Mercury would be the smallest in the Solar System

+ joostin on October 15th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

@17 that is layman’s terms, really it is a planetesimal…which is not a planet at all, but a “Kuiper Belt Object” just like the wonderful comets that pass us by.

And for those grasping at any conspiracy theory about 2012 ditch that nonsense about “Planet X”/Nibiru” as this planet is known to be bigger than Pluto but still only about 78% larger than Pluto and not the size of Jupiter like the theories believe. So easy for ignoramuses to grasp to anything for a simple solution.

How’s that for Space trivia?

+ Mattchewie on October 15th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

@Jenny – Awesome packs. Simply because space RULEZ.

@Sony – I couldn’t log in at the time so this is a bit late but can I humbly ask that PSN outage info NOT be exclusive to your TWITTER! I think most agree that twitter is a useless service especially when we have a ticker on our PS3 and this fantastic blog!

+ Thraxen on October 15th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

@26

That’s not a layman’s term, that’s an actual IAU term.

+ Stoffinator on October 15th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I’ve boughten these Buzz packs before and they never show up under my games.

+ HardCor on October 15th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

This is awesome! All of my DLC will work for the new game! It’s a must buy for me, especially since you can play with 8 people.

+ saintaqua on October 15th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Is Pluto a planet? That’s a trick question!! XD
How will we know which is right?

+ Se7enthSign on October 15th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

WHICH PLANET IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM IS THE SMALLEST?

PLUTO
MERCURY
VENUS
MARS

Um, wouldn’t this be Mercury since Pluto is no longer a planet? Trick question!!

+ etur0 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

yes the answer is Mercury since pluto isn’t a planet its a dwarf planet and the reason why they didn’t call it a minor planet because that is what asteroid mean when they first start discovering the asteroids they where calling them planets but because there where so many of them they classified them has asteroids which in their language meant minor planets

+ etur0 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

and the answerer to there other questions are
#2 A GALAXY
#3 BIG BANG
#4 NUCLEAR FUSION maybe FISSION
#5 POLAR ICE CAPS

+ Kolenka on October 15th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Someone botched the phrasing here: “OUR SUN IS ONE OF THE BRIGHTEST STARS IN THE GALAXY”

It certainly isn’t one of the brightest stars in the galaxy… Our sky, sure, since it is right on the doorstep, but certainly not the galaxy. It is a bit like living in Seattle and calling it the warmest place in the world. It certainly isn’t the coldest, but it isn’t the warmest either by a mile.

+ Ice2Dragon on October 15th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Pluto isn’t a planet anymore….

+ DropD on October 15th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

if Mercury is the smallest, how big is Uranus?

/rimshot

+ PullusPardusUS on October 15th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

oh so its november, i’ve been waiting for Quiz world for awhile now.
thanks for the info jenny!

+ Boghound on October 15th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Why don’t they add new trophies to the new question packs like other companies do alot of their DLC?

+ knw5504 on October 15th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

anyone know when the store is going to update???

+ aliendude5300 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said: