PS4 - Transistor

New UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves TV Commercial

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Oct 15, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

I’m hoping that most of you have already bought your copy of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves and have been burning the midnight oil playing it. We’d love to hear your thoughts on the game.

Today’s post is pretty cool: the reviews and write-ups on the game have been outstanding, so to support the launch of UNCHARTED 2, we are airing another 15-second TV commercial to go with our existing one. You guys are the first to see this new commercial. Hope you enjoy!

110 Comments

+ DMeisterJ on October 15th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

So… are you guys going to ever get around to updating the store?

+ LokeSTL on October 15th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

@SCEA

Quit playing Unchated 2 for a minute and update the store please! Okay, back to Demon’s Souls for another hour….

+ Frebarkis on October 15th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

GOTY!!!

+ BigRon3400 on October 15th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Love this game. I can’t put it down. I like the commercial where the dude’s girlfriend thinks Uncharted 2 is a movie the best.

+ Amherst_Wind on October 15th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

Shame its not as good as the Euro advert but oh well, it needs to be a bit longer.

+ Ultra_Keyblade on October 15th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

Well, I’ll just get Uncharted 2 for Christmas.
It will be a gift, so I won’t have to buy it.

+ benjiedude on October 15th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

Awesome just as is the game itself. Who won the first batch of Hunter’s Editions?

+ JayMont on October 15th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

thats sweet

+ ndw4 on October 15th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

NOW that’s a better commercial!

+ TheGuardianFID on October 15th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

Great ad guys, I just went another 5 hours on this roller coaster ride, it’s a MASTERPIECE!!! :D

+ NewCenturyZer0 on October 15th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

Great Game.

+ Blkant on October 15th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Good, now really crank it out there!

+ joefuu on October 15th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Best purchase i’ve made all year. Happily playing through, can’t wait to get into the multiplayer.

+ MatheAdi on October 15th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

I agree with TheWrenchNinja !
The “betrayal” inclusion in the ps3 ending is AMAZING!!
I love it, but you could have added the statement by Adam Sessler of G4TV, “The best single-player experience, I have ever played”

+ Vabor on October 15th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

All in-game, all awesome. Impressive commercial.

+ bbonds_007 on October 15th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

15sec is alittle short dont ya think?

+ whoTHEdog on October 15th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

That was a great commercial but I think you guys should show all the perfecto scores you got from any respectable sites. Let them know it’s more than a few people who think its epic!

+ cell989 on October 15th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

short, but right on the money. WE WANT UNCHARTED 3!!!!!

+ mikedo2007 on October 15th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

Beautiful, That’s how you make a good advert for a perfect game. Keep it up.

+ ivanramon on October 15th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

I like it..its like a movie trailer…which this game deserves caus the experience is as good as or better than a movie…

+ KazeEternal on October 15th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

@Asad Qizilbash
You want to know what I think of Uncharted 2?

Who has time to tell you what they think when they are to busy playing this Awesome game. Only reason I’m here is to poke my head out and see if the store updated lol. Must finish my second play through tonight.

BTW Slap the idiot who polluted those sweet Uncharted 2 Backgrounds on the store with Toyota advertisements.

+ ixnine on October 15th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Awesome! Will we be seeing either of the Uncharted commercials available for download?

+ Josh3120 on October 15th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

This game is out of this world!! (just like the first one 0.0)got it on realese day and im happy i did i Would completely give this game a “12 out of 10″. I strongly suggest getting this game.

+ Kittonwy on October 15th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Best game I’ve played this gen, maybe ever, go buy this game guys. >:|

+ SirTrigalot on October 15th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

awesome sauce! Once I get over this flu I will get back to finishing up the game. Don’t forget to buy the soundtrack people. I keep Reunion on repeat!

+ AceNet2 on October 15th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Very nice! But please put up a quick disclaimer at the beginning!

“Actual in-game footage”

Otherwise some people who’ve been duped by CGI trying to pass as game engine might think those are all cut-scenes.

Just sayin…

+ scorpio182 on October 15th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Very nice!!!

Just played the first scene in it and WOW!!!!

I to have to wait till the kids are off to sleep and sometime the wife lol

+ Quamina on October 15th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

amazing!

+ DEWZER20 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

I have basically beat the story mode…. on the last chapter, and can I tell you that I can’t believe how amazing it is!!! Not to mention all the intertwining of the characters and their stories, but just the amazing visuals, gameplay itself, and how it could look like a movie if you didn’t know what was going on!!!

Oh, and then when you are all done with that, you have to beat it 4 more times on the other difficulties to get the trophies…. oh, and then…. when you think that you’ve beaten the game… you have the multiplayer, which varies severely every time you turn your Playstation on….

AMAZING, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I HAVE BEEN ANTICIPATING THIS MORE THAN A 5 YEAR OLD GETTING HIS FIRST BIKE FOR CHRISTMAS!!! EXCELLENT JOB, SPECTACULAR GAMEPLAY AND GRAPHICS!!!

Only one beef….. why can’t there be any games on PS3, that you can play with your friends in the multiplayer without having to be online… I know it would take away from the game a little, but would help me and my friends have more fun playing it, instead of always having to watch JUST ONE OF US play and then take turns… maybe a later upgrade???

+ Gr00v3r06 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Nice trailer commercial. This game has been very fun to play you guys really try to let everyone know about this game. I’m sure you are nice to see you post this new commercial on the blog.

+ wywern209 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

i got uncharted 2 in the mail today. i was only able to play 5 mins of it cuz i had homework to do but it was one heck of an awesome 5 minutes!

+ Anubis80 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

I like the other one better. The one were the guy is talking about how his girlfriend think UC2 is a movie! That was funnier than hell. My girlfriend laughed at it and she doesnt get into games.

+ PSWii2008 on October 15th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

This is sort of related to this ad: when will we find out who wins the Fortune Hunter’s Edition from the people who played the multiplayer demo? I could’ve sworn that was supposed to be today!

+ ADR143 on October 15th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

nice

+ KaiserSosate on October 15th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

Loving this masterpiece and enjoying the multiplayer. You guys outdid yourselves and you should promote this game by any means necessary even have home parties with tournaments and game launching.

+ thegriefer on October 15th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

Definitely goty, the only part i didnt like about the game is the ice cave section. Otherwise the game is perfect, great mp too.

+ sunnygrg on October 15th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

Just amazing. One of the best games out on the PS3, for sure.

+ EliteHitokiri on October 15th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

Awesome commercial! Congrats again Naughty Dog! On a side note. I own a PS3 and a Xbox360 and find value in both. To those that dont, stop hating and just enjoy the console you do like.

+ StewieG45 on October 15th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

Saweet

+ Fenrir_thomasb on October 15th, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

Freaking loving this game an the mulitplayer is a fun little experience also. Though im juz wondering when upload ur mulitplayer videos where do they get uploaded to?

+ nOObSLAYER on October 15th, 2009 at 11:11 pm said:

Uncharted 2 = GOTY

+ RavageHeitaro on October 15th, 2009 at 11:20 pm said:

It’s really going to take nothing short of a miracle to top UC2 now. Best game i’ve played this gen, and to all those who have yet to get this…..What’s wrong with you???

+ Patriot_Infinity on October 15th, 2009 at 11:40 pm said:

I want to see a similar commercial to the one that aired for the first Uncharted. You know, the one where his radio makes a noise while he is trying to sneak past the pirates, they look at him, he says, “I think it’s for you,” then pulls out his gun and the bullets fly. That TV spot was awesome…

But anyway, good 15 second trailer. Not bad.

+ SilenceProphecy on October 16th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

:`( i should have already added the thermal paste…got this game at midnight rushed home to play it…and as fate would have it, it overheated and crashed on me…now i have to wait another week so i have teh money to get another ps3

+ williamagain on October 16th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

I love the game!! I also play Multiplayer. Wouldn’t Chapters 13 and 14 make an excellent multiplayer map?

+ Caires on October 16th, 2009 at 1:50 am said:

My point of view, the first commercial was best.
Very good game! If you haven’t bought it, BUY IT!!!

+ Caires on October 16th, 2009 at 1:51 am said:

A question, did you get extra money if you had the platinum trophy?

+ superstewie on October 16th, 2009 at 5:34 am said:

uncharted 2 keeping it rocking!
it’s very easy to make a good advert for this game.

+ drdre74 on October 16th, 2009 at 5:58 am said: