PS4-Infamous

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars only $4.99 on PSN for a Limited Time

Jordan Williams's Avatar + Posted by Jordan Williams on Oct 15, 2009 // Business Development, Psyonix

Greetings PlayStation.Blog readers,

SARPBC1

October marks the one-year anniversary of the release of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (SARPBC), our first self-published title, and we feel like having a party. But what kind of birthday party would this be without gifts, right? We want you to come celebrate with us. So how about a birthday where we give the gifts to YOU! From October 15 through October 29, you can download SARPBC for just $4.99 in celebration of the game’s first successful year! Yup, not one week, but two whole weeks to get in gear and download one of PSN‘s most explosive and addictive games for only $4.99!!!

Like our fans, we here at Psyonix absolutely love SARPBC and its die-hard community; they are the best fans an independent developer could ask for, which is exactly why we want to recruit more of you! We know you’re out there, so let’s make the SARPBC community explode! Hop online, get in the Battle-Car arena and show us what you’ve got because if you’ve been waiting for the right time to get this game, there’s no better time than now!

Have you had the opportunity to play SARPBC? Have you acquired all of the trophies and/or uploaded your awesome goals and saves to YouTube using the in-game editor? We want to hear what you have to say, so be sure to leave a comment or two below.

SARPBC2

Oh, and before I let you go, be sure to follow us on Twitter @Psyonixinc and sign up on our forums at www.psyonix.com/forum. And to all our dedicated fans already out there, thank you for all of your support and to one heck of a year!

PAGE 1 2

+ brianR on October 15th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

i already have this game its a great game and for 4.99 you can’t go wrong

+ Degenerate182 on October 15th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

@49 how come dach gets a little thing on his comment i want one too :) and to whoever thought of this game (well done) :D

+ tenshin78 on October 15th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Yeah, a game that I would NOT buy at the $14.99 price tag, but WILL buy and download tonight for the $4.99 price tag, I hope you guys get like thousands of downloads in this two weeks and that set a precedent that the smaller the price more the earnings!
The whole point about game downloads is that they are cheaper to produce than the physical disc format.
I dont see why games like WipeOut HD, should be like a greatest hits from the store, still $20, its cheaper than the new games at $60 but I still see it pricy.
Again on subject, nice move with the appealing new price tag, and really hope this works wonders for you guys.

+ gettinmoney662 on October 15th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

@53, a smaller price does not always mean more earnings. Sales at $4.99 would have to be more than double the sales at $9.99 to make the price cut profitable.

Anyways, for people wondering why the price hasn’t dropped yet, it won’t drop until the store updates later today.

+ DignifiedGamer on October 15th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

$4.99 is an amazing deal for this fun, unique title. Psyonix: please update the game with the ability to shoot car-mounted guns or rockets! An online deathmatch mode would turn SARPBC it even more of a “must have” title than it already is! :)

+ LUGIEZ on October 15th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

I was about to buy this when it came out but had SOCOM to purchase and didn’t want to shell out $20.00.. but now I have no excuse.. can’t wait to play the full game.

+ jetnf on October 15th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I got this game at 10 dollars, and it my most played game. (MORE THAN $60 TITLES!)

If you do not buy it today, you are missing out on one the best games in history.

Go buy it guys, you’ll love it!

+ T3mpr1x on October 15th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

That’s a perfect pricepoint, sold! :) I hope (and predict) you guys will see a huge spike in sales!

+ Jeigh on October 15th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

This is a VERY good deal. Hell, the thing released at $15, and I think it was a good deal at $10, but at $5!? If you’re even considering this, DO IT! It’s one of the few games that I actually come back to every once in awhile, and don’t forget to make use of the in-game music (it’s in the Audio menu).

I’m glad to hear there’s still more on the way. Just a shame I can’t buy it again to show my support. Best of luck, guys!

+ dach1nk on October 15th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

Thanks for the info. Just played the demo, and i loved it.

+ adventfire on October 15th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

I take it this is only for the PS3? I had never heard of this game and thought hey this sounds kinda cool, sounds like fun for my PSP but no,it turns out to be for the PS3. After rereading the article several times it never says for PS3 only. They REALLY need to separate the PS3 from the PSP articles in their announcements for the PSN.

+ dach1nk on October 15th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

The 4.99 price tag is now effective. Buying it now.

Jordan Williams's Avatar

+ Jordan Williams on October 15th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

Yup. The bannes are up in the \”What\’s New\” section and the $4.99 price tag is now reflected on the game page.

Have fun you guys!

Oh and remember, you can follow and talk to us on our forum at http://www.psyonix.com/forums or @PsyonixInc on Twitter.

+ NY11725 on October 15th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

Hello,

I am NY11725, one of the very skilled players in SARPBC…I bought it in may I think…it was 9.99 for me…worth every penny…now its 4.99 for…10 days is it? get it…ITS A STEAL…PSYONIX is crazy for doing it but they are doing it for YOU!….just do yourselves a favor…and buy it…if you jump online, play unranked until you get use to it before you play ranked…you will get slobbered…also play the mini games…it will help you get grasp of the game…good luck and see you in the SARPBC world

+ Kamahl_rg on October 15th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

nice, i got the game when it came out… it was $15… well, i cant say it wasnt worth it cause i enjoyed it a lot.

+ ABNVOX on October 16th, 2009 at 4:07 am said:

i liked the demo and im glad that i waited this one out, like most of these guys it sucks buying some of these games at full price to see them lower later. but for 4.99 def couldnt pass this one up.

+ Degenerate182 on October 16th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

its awesome :D

+ jetnf on October 16th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

@ 61: It’s a PS3 exclusive, the best PSN title, and one of the best games ever!

+ ElementOfInertia on October 17th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

I also bought this game when it was 14.99, and i’ve played it more than all my PS3 games combined. If you don’t buy it at 4.99, or hell at full price, you’re missing out! MOST UNDER-RATED GAME EVER!

+ Degenerate182 on October 18th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

more ppl need to buy this come on 4.99 its such a good deal and when you buy it play online ranked matches so i can get all my trophies :D

+ swissmr on October 19th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

I’ll but it the next time i log in :)

I saw the sale and never heard of it. thought it was some old school micro machine clone till i saw the vids.

I’m a big fan of random under appreciated games. beyondgoodevilpsychonautsdreamfall read bwtween the lines.

+ swissmr on October 19th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

and by “but it” i mean buy it.

+ xXWAR_JUICEXx on October 20th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Hey, Is this offer available in the UK ? im desperate for it , and was wondering maybe it will be released on a later date for the UK?

Thanks :)