PS4 - Transistor

Topatoi Available Today on PSN for $9.99

Natalia Gorbanskaya's Avatar + Posted by Natalia Gorbanskaya on Oct 15, 2009 // PR Manager, Boolat Games

Hi guys!

My name is Natalia, I’m a PR Manager for Boolat Games, a developer based in East Ukraine.

I’d like to announce that the first episode of our puzzle-oriented PlayStation 3/PSN platformer Topatoi finally gets released in North America.

topatoi banner

As some of you possibly know, Topatoi (which is basically one of the first East European PSN games) was released in Europe, Asia and Australia earlier this year. Check out the game’s official website for more information, including screenshots, in-game videos and trailers. Here’s the latest Topatoi trailer embedded here for your convenience:

In short, the core of Topatoi’s gameplay is based on the fact that the player controls a small explorer vehicle that works like a spinning top. The spin needs to be controlled carefully, as it affects the device’s movement and behavior. The game sticks to the old school traditions of the puzzler platformers (like, say, Bubba ‘n’ Stix or The Lost Vikings), including emphasis on the original concepts and unique immersive gameplay.

topatoi screenshot 2 topatoi screenshot 1

Try it and share your thoughts on Topatoi here — it’s really important for us!

More stuff is coming your way, so stay tuned for updates!

59 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BrianMcGuinness on October 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

I’M THE COOLEST PERSON EVER BECAUSE I’M FIRST!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! LIKE TOTALLY!!!!!!!!

+ xeno3d on October 15th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Looks interesting! Will there be a demo avail today as well?

+ BrianMcGuinness on October 15th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

No but really, the game looks fun.

+ guyverunit122 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

PLEASE HAVE FINAL FANTASY 8. PLEASE!!!!!!

+ jerk_man on October 15th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

seems like it’ll be a good day for the playstation store.

+ Grouken on October 15th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

We need a contest to win it :)

+ guyverunit122 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

I hope you guy release FINAL FANTASY 8 PLEASE!!!!!

+ xeno3d on October 15th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

FF8 please

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

@1
such simply pleasures bring you so much joy. wish i was so easily pleased…..

i have had topatoi since its euro release and it is a fun little game. albeit not so action packed, it does bring new elements to game play. at the 9.99 price it is well worth it. i’m enjoying my lazy play of it. haven’t finished it as of yet, someday i’ll get there.

+ BrianMcGuinness on October 15th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

@9
i was being sarcastic and making fun of 90% of the people that comment here.

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

oh, and before you guys start asking, yes it has trophies. and why are people asking for a game that has nothing to do with the people involved n this one. stupid entitlists!

+ lukeike on October 15th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

FF DISSDIA PLEASE!!

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

@10
likely excuse. why is it that all twits that do the “zomg 1st” posts always use that as their excuse?

+ evildude683 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Looks really good, I hope they put a demo out as well

+ DJ_DTM on October 15th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

I would give you guys 5 bucks for it.
“TOPS”

+ Gord Lacey on October 15th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

здравствуйте Natalia. My girlfriend is from Donetsk, so I’ll be sure to pick this up and support a “local” developer.

+ AceBeeDee on October 15th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

looks neat…

+ DJ_DTM on October 15th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

Oops I just watched the video, I’ll pay no more than 3 dollars for this one.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

ZeN can learn a thing or two about how to promote a game from the BooLaT company :p pictures and a VIDEO!! VERY IMPORTANTE! lol but yeah this game looks fun and for 1o buks…(which is what i would spend in a day for breakfast and lunch) its a must buy.IMO

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 15th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Looks cool, hopefully there’s going to be a demo

+ Trioptical on October 15th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

Looks interesting. Obviously, I haven’t played it yet, so would you say the challenge comes from the controlling of the character or from the actually design of the levels?

+ luminum_x on October 15th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

how come im not seeing this on my store

+ Ice2Dragon on October 15th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

This looks awesome! Can’t wait until the update, this is a must buy for me!!

+ Einhander138 on October 15th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Looks fun, but if it’s not on a disc, it’s not worth buying.

Disc or no purchase.

+ xeno3d on October 15th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

@24

Why do you need a disc?

+ Coolwater on October 15th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

The visuals look very good.

+ niigaki on October 15th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

hopefully you guys don’t fail and not release more psp games for PSP Go owners. 2 weeks of crap content won’t look good for you guys.

+ pasufarin on October 15th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

I remember your post back at the end of July and am glad to hear that this is finally coming out in North America. I liked the longer video you showed then, but this teaser does the job well.

Back then you mentioned story mode and arcade mode, which seem to be the “tree” and “geometric shapes” levels. Do you have to finish all of the story mode before you can play the arcade mode?

+ loadstone007 on October 15th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Is there a local co-op for the story mode?

+ JohnnySasaki on October 15th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I remember this game, it looked interesting. A demo would certainly be nice since I’ve had to be quite stingy lately on my gaming purchases :(

+ HouseMorton on October 15th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Looks like it could be fun. Is there a demo? Is there offline multiplayer?

+ jqtaxpayer on October 15th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Hey, meatheads, this lady has NOTHING to do with the release of Final Fantasy games on the PSN. She’s telling us about a product she WAS involved in, so try and show a little respect. Dang!

+ plaztiksyke on October 15th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Looks like a fun little game, though not perhaps worth $10 depending on:
1. What’s the native resolution of the graphics? Is multi-sampling FSAA being used?

2. Are the audio assets lossless? 24-bit? Will they play as LPCM for those of us using HDMI?

3. Who did the music? Anything interesting worth noting on that front?

4. Any local co-op play? If so, is it split-screen? (My husband and I really don’t care for split-screen games.)

5. Leaderboards? Trophies?

In lieu of a demo, I’ll need to know these things before I consider a purchase.

Thanks! :)

+ B-RadGfromOV on October 15th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I might get it if I can try it out first. Are we getting a demo?

+ plaztiksyke on October 15th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

Just took a closer look at the screenshots:
1. Definitely looks to be 720p, or even less :(

2. Lots of jaggies and blurry textures all over, so no FSAA is being used.

I’ll wait to hear back about the music, but unless it’s 24-bit lossless and amazing, I’ll wait for a patch that brings the graphics up to what we’ve come to expect from PSN.

+ TailsTheCat on October 15th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

Finally

+ kawaiigamr on October 15th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

nice this looks really fun :D

+ DropD on October 15th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

need a demo to consider it

+ OldKai on October 15th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Another $10 game. And more people asking for a bunch of PSN games on a disc which is just never going to happen. Every week it’s the same.

+ Einhander138 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

@25

I don’t buy digital games. Period.

Doesn’t matter what system or what company makes it.

It has to be released on disc for me to even look at it.

+ Einhander138 on October 15th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

@39

If Sony would actually release some disc compilations, we would stop asking.

+ nerdmanwhippy on October 15th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

lol@ Einhander138

Your missing out on some of the best games ever because you won’t buy digital. Not to mention most of the games that are digital are done with a smaller budget, thus reducing the odds even more of there being a disc for them.

I feel bad for you man.

+ luminum_x on October 15th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Why cant I find this game on ps store? Its just not on there not even in the new release section and its making me mad!

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

@21
i’d say both elements, an i own it already.

@33
yes 720p
not sure on audio
to answer 4 & 5 yes and yes and yes and yes
as far as the audio is concerned, its not all that great imho, and the soundtrack is kinda cutesy like the visuals. the pics and vid don’t do justice to the overall appearance ingame. it is fun to play and i have enjoyed my time with it thus far. haven’t beaten it yet. of course with as many psn downloads as i have, not alot of time to beat them all.

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

@43
of course you’re not finding it in the NA store, the store hasn’t been updated yet.

+ luminum_x on October 15th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

I thought it gets updated every Thursday?

+ nerdmanwhippy on October 15th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

@46 it does update every Thursday. However not a set time, and the time ussualy runs quite late in the afternoon/evening.

As for the devs, I’m intrigued I’ll give you that. I hope there’s a demo as well tho? Looks good tho from what I’ve seen, curious about length.

+ vesra on October 15th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

@47
seems lengthy, takes awhile to complete each level, roughly 15-20 minutes. of course alot of that time is spent looking for hidden stuff.

+ Phillip_J_Fry on October 15th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

No word on a demo makes me think there won’t be one. I really hope I’m wrong and there is because I’ve gone into the “No Demo, No Purchase” mode as I’ve been burned by too many games that turned out to be crap.

This game looks interesting and I’d love to give it a whirl (so to speak), but if I can’t get my hands on a playable demo, I’m not buying. I don’t care what reviews say, I don’t care what other people say, it’s just what I’ve come to in the past few years of D/L titles on XBL, PSN and Wii.

+ LunarRoar on October 15th, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

This game looks pretty interesting. I’ll look forward to purchasing it after I update my PS3 with a new hard drive since I’ve run out of memory.

PAGE 1 2