Uncharted 4

COLD FRONT Downloadable Pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Scott McCarthy's Avatar + Posted by Scott McCarthy on Oct 16, 2009 // Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA

Today, we are very happy to announce the COLD FRONT downloadable pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. Loaded with new features and content, this pack brings a brand new snowy Eastern European area of operations into play with two all new maps and three classic SOCOM maps for 16 to 32 players. The classic maps are drawn from some of the most popular SOCOM maps of all time, each built from the ground up for the PS3!

SOCOM Cold Front Logo

Kit yourself out in snow gear and fight your way through blizzard conditions, joining a team of mercenaries or a squad from one of the world’s top Special Forces regiments including the Russian Spetsnaz.

Try your hand at Arms Run, a new game mode that features dynamically placed missile launchers that must be activated or destroyed, depending on which side you’re fighting for.

Employ the new thermal vision scope weapon attachment to track your enemies’ heat signatures – vital in the dark and useful in daylight for picking out white camouflaged adversaries. In addition, we have new primary weapons to make use of and new attachments.

SOCOM COLD FRONT 1

All told, this pack will have:

• New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
  • Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
  • New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
  • 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
  • All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
  • New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
  • Gun turrets emplacements
  • New music
  • All new character specialization/progression system
  • Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
  • New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
  • 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
  • New Trophies

This pack will be available for download via the Playstation Network for $14.99.

Stand by. More information on this COLD FRONT DLC will be coming your way very soon.

SOCOM COLD FRONT 4

SOCOM COLD FRONT 3 PWC_06SOCOM COLD FRONT 2

218 Comments

+ Yoinazek on October 16th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

LOL $15??? I play SOCOM every day and still I’m not buying it. Knowing you guys…this pack will be about, let’s say, 3GB? You guys need to review your codes. That’s why your updates are HUGE and the game HAD/has issues.

+ way2UnStAbLe on October 16th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

Seriously??? Pay for this??? A year Later??? Too may loyal fans have hung on playing a broken, non-finished game as advertised…. BAIT and SWITCH…Plain and Simple. The booklets and box document one thing and what we were delivered was something else entirely. I seriously think that a Class Action Lawsuit should be filed to give use this Map Pack for Free. I think after all this time and headache, we are entitled to at least ONE

+ way2UnStAbLe on October 16th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

that being said…..I will get this and pray for a refund….You cannot beat the classic maps

+ poweredbyzen on October 16th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

MAG! MAG! MAG! sorry, but will have to look the other way! :\ my copy is still shrink-wrapped with the free bluetooth earpiece!

+ Cobra_3 on October 16th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

why is everyone complaining about the price? cant you guys affor $14.99. i just wasted $15 on a 12 pack of beers that will only last for like a hour. Now $14.99 for a DLC that will keep you busy for few more months is nothing.
this game was fixed months ago. all we need is more maps.
keep up the good work Slant/6.

+ Anubis_46 on October 16th, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

I would agree that 14.99 is a bit much. I got the game pretty late so I never had any gameplay problems but the DLC should be a lot cheaper. Zipper should really consider about finishing up with MAG and then SOCOM back up and popular

+ Anubis_46 on October 16th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

I you think of it though the other SOCOM game that Slant 6 made was Tactical Strike for PSP and this is 900x better and it is the best feeling shooter game out there

+ Bue2_222 on October 16th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

I love the Socom games since Socom 2 for the PS2. I miss the good old format menu system. Socom Confrontation was poorly made in the beginning and i seen 20-30 used copies from one gamestop. Of the topic in hand, $15 is way too much to add for that train wreck. If Saint 6 want people to play again, make the DLC for free or $5-$6 at the most and there are still people who didn’t sold the game back for $3 store credit.

+ nightoneracing on October 16th, 2009 at 10:55 pm said:

Wow Slant/6 takes a year for DLC and then they are asking $14.99 for it????. I play Socom C and I like it but as right now I am going to save my money for two games that are coming next year/ MAG and BFBC2.
So I won’t buy this DLC at $14.99 maybe if it was more like $7.50 or free.
Just my take on this.

+ KingDre_74 on October 16th, 2009 at 11:51 pm said:

thank you guys so much ive been playing socom since day one i brought my ps3 just 4 socom its true ive been mad at you guys but this makes feel alot better the hell wut call of buty lol thanks again i know it will be wroth the wait

+ oO-8_BALL-Oo on October 17th, 2009 at 2:26 am said:

Will it work? The last patch in the BETA broke the game…LOL

+ Vengeful-Chaos on October 17th, 2009 at 3:13 am said:

I’m sorry but you can take that price and stick it where the sun don’t shine. We waited a whole year for you to properly fix the game which to this day still has bugs and now you go back on what was said to be free?

+ Devil240Z on October 17th, 2009 at 3:29 am said:

Buying day one! Please keep it coming. Socom is the only shooter I can play, everything else is worthless compared to socom.

+ Jonoc33 on October 17th, 2009 at 4:03 am said:

Wow, wondering if anyone will actually buy this DLC. rofl

+ anticulture on October 17th, 2009 at 5:07 am said:

Dear Slant Six,

You’ve got to be kidding.

Also, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is out, now. It is better than your game by a factor of one thousand.

Sorry, Charlie.

+ Bloodsol on October 17th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

i think PS3 has some of the most hard to please owners really i’m a cheap person and i think the content justifies the price regardless of how u feel about the game these are maps they just ported from socom 2 they rebuild them(with 2 originals) the people built built these maps and the rest of the add-on gotta get paid too. there are so many others that are ripping off for alot more eg.halo odst and super sf4. I rather pay my 14 bucks than 60 and 40.

+ pavlovic on October 17th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

Ok, I think the DLC is pricey, but that isn’t the issue.

They have to compensate us because they sold us a broken game. I bought Confrontation on day one, but haven played it that much because it was not a Socom game, with the Socom franchise quality. Nowadays, it really feels like Socom, but there are other games much much better and more fun to play.

So I won’t be resurrection Confrontation spending 10 bucks (day 1 buyer) and stop playing U2, OF:DR and MW2

Slant6, thank you for killing my favorite online franchise

+ SynergySnake on October 17th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

Talk about “A Little Too Late” on this one. This game is a broken piece of trash and can never be fixed. Let the game die out.

+ DANO69 on October 17th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Glad I never bought this trash game….ENOUGH SAID

+ undertakerpgh on October 17th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

ill be buying it i wish it was more so kids cant afford it lol and ill be blowing all you cry babies up with my rocket. the funny thing is all these cryers will be the first to buy it regardless of the crying. RPGS RULE

+ undertakerpgh on October 17th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE DOWNLOAD IS GOING TO BE AVALIBLE IM READY TO PLAY SOME NEW MAPS

+ undertakerpgh on October 17th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

whens the download coming i cant wait dont tease

+ Sekoku on October 17th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

$14 bucks for probably even more broken content with a crappy community that’ll kick you since you aren’t a part of their crappy clan?

AHAHAHAHAHA, yeah no thanks. I’ll stick with Uncharted 2.

+ Anrkey on October 17th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Someone needs to look into a starting a class action suit to get everyone their money back if it still can be done. Most features on the box were literally missing. If that’s not false and misleading advertising and labeling I don’t know what is.

+ KILLA_KING_007 on October 17th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

i was excited thinking oh snaap then BAM 14.99 it’s to too much too late. i dont think it should be free but 14.99?

+ Domin013 on October 17th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

14.99….WOW!! I’ve been playing Socom, since day 1…the dreaded day that we all went to get on it in excitment…only to not be able to play till the next day…then yea the game is alot better and we all get excited when you announce something new and then we wait for friggen 6 months; when you hint only a couple of weeks-a month. Now with this is what most of us have been waiting for…and then you go and disrespect us loyal players more?? I don’t care boout the price, but you guys hinted that it would be free….quit friggen hinting around the bush with patches and DLP…and just tell us straight up ….That we will have to pay or wait friggen 6 months for a new patch!!! QUIT HINTING!!!!

+ MusheM on October 17th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

give slaint six a hand clap and for those complaining its 10 buck on the release date man up and either buy it or dont the is choice is urs so why complain

+ kuyukot21 on October 17th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

WTF?!! this is OUTRAGEUS man i like socom…but UC 2 came out…socom sucks…ive been waiting for this DLC…this DLC is the reason why i will play it again….and it is not free…this sucks…..anyone 10$ socom??….contact me by my psn ID kuyukot21

+ Starky1177 on October 17th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Gun Turrets? Really? Please take them out, that is not what Socom is about

Wheres the **** are the jungle levels? Blood Lake, Death Trap, Abandoned, etc.

Rats Nest too

Please get this DLC out Soon (looks like a good one and im happy about)

And start working on a jungle one already, and get it out soon too (other games are getting new DLC all the time!)

+ damiona31 on October 17th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

I agree with the majority the new maps should be free, but $14.99 isn’t bad considering you get 5 maps and this will actually upgrade the game. I will be buying it as soon as I finish Uncharted 2 and Demon Souls.

+ LOOK_AT_THIS_I on October 17th, 2009 at 10:00 pm said:

WOW! You guys are something else. With all the problems this game has suffered, and the constant state of pissed of you have left US LOYAL CUSTOMERS. You now are going to okey doke us, with some b/s reduced rate launch time. YOU OWE IT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS WHO YOU BENT OVER FOR A YEAR to keep the price at 9.99.

Heres a legit question for the “marketing director” are you brainiacs going to actually put this dlc through the extensive QA testing that this game received when you sold it to us incomplete. Or is the dlc going to be released incomplete and patched at a later date like the game was.

I WILL KEEP SAYING IT…HERES HOPING YOUR FTB3 GAME THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT, FAILS MISERABLY….RIGHT ALONG SIDE THE PSPgo THAT THE EXECS AT SONY LEFT OFF THE MUCH NEEDED 2ND ANALOG NUB.

+ BIZERKMUSIC-COM on October 18th, 2009 at 12:06 am said:

I have been Playing socom since the first one. bought new every additional copy. Zipper.. yes.. Slant 6.. 50% Garbage.. The new graphics great. size great. Character Movement = crap. new weapons.. where? .. why do i have to press a button to run when my controller is pressure sensitive. why cant i shoot while i run? why cant i shoot while jumping? why didnt you leave the quick swap the same. Sony left the controllers the same… And i agree why do you want me to pay for this map pack? at last new maps hey thanks guys for your great work on the game and screwing it up for us. and the map packs.. all you will do is give them away like you did with C.A. 6 months after i paid 5.99 for each of the packs.. i got about 500 bucks into the socom franchise. give us the maps for free. and fix the dam switch teams button…jeez. the list goes on. well im gonna go play combined assault for a while. i like the quick movement.

+ BIZERKMUSIC-COM on October 18th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

Oh and one other thing i wanna add. Thanks for making the fire fights so fun.. its hard to shoot back when you die with one shot. in the back because of the horrible character movement.. Confrontation sucks. come on zipper we need you.

+ fukxbox on October 18th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

14.99 ya act like its gonna break the bank dang bums im glad ya bums sold your game! at least years later they came out with a dlc.maybe slant six should stick with psp versions.SINCE THEY GET MORE GAME THAN ARE PS3 DOES. MAG ISNT THAT GOOD EITHER DANG RESPAWN HALO C.O.D WANNA BE GAME .SOCOM2&3 WERE BETTER GAMES WE ALL KNOW THAT

+ fukxbox on October 18th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

YOU GUYS ARE BUMS 14.99 AFTER YEARS OF WAITIN LOL DONT WORRY BOUT THOSE BUMS WHO SOLD THERE GAMES EITHER THEY SOLD THEM BECAUSE THERE BUMS MOMMA BASEMENT LIVING BUMS

+ fukxbox on October 18th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

THAT DUDE IS DUM ITS NOT RAMBO STUPID ITS SOCOM YOU MUST NOT OF EVER SHOT A GUN BEFORE GO RUN AND AND JUMP SHOOTIN A REAL GUN STUPID INFACT JUST GO SHOOT YOUR SELF IN YOUR HEAD NOONE WILL CARE BIZERMUSIC

+ fukxbox on October 18th, 2009 at 6:19 am said:

SOCOM IS DUMMIES I SEE LOOK AT THESES COMMENTS DANG CLOWNS RUN AND JUMP SHOOTING IDIOTS A SNIPER WHO CAN JUMP SCOPE AND SHOOT A TARGET DANG CLOWNS

+ iceberg325 on October 18th, 2009 at 7:38 am said:

14.99 is alot! To top that off, why a year later? This is BS! And can I have fish hook please?? Crossroads was a good addition to begin with, but where is fish hook?????

+ lonewolf1994 on October 18th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

i love how they have the balls to put the price at 14.99…

+ Diskdrive002 on October 18th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

You’ll need to stop crying over the price. Why? The game already comes with free DLC in patch 1.6 on top of it being $9.99 in the first 24 hours of the DLC being released. Socom is still socom since their is no other game of its kind out right now.

They listened to what you wanted for the DLC so be grateful becuase no matter what you are still going to buy it. Socom is still addicting and now the game isn’t worth that much so you aren’t spending much to get it back. End of story…

+ CoBrA2168 on October 18th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

I paid less than $15 for this game. Why would I pay more than what I paid for, for some DLC?

At $10 this would be worth it. $15 is just over the top.

+ blaylock47 on October 18th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

uhh retarded

+ SkyeWolf on October 18th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

So are we expecting more than 1 DLC pack at the same time. Socom.com states in their blog on update 1.60 that a map pack dlc will come out as well as this “As we have mentioned before, Patch 1.60 will contain some free DLC which will be available to everyone”???

+ koolers on October 19th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

cmon sony ya’ll really salling us that for $15.. the only reason why people still play socom is because there is no other game like it yet but i promise you this sony as soon as MAG come out you wont see no body an socom. better ya’ll did say $5 or $10 then i would probable think about spending my money on that. after the crap ya’ll give us for $60 ya’ll still trying to sell us more crap an about couple days after we download it, it going to be giving more problem

+ emiru69 on October 19th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

194 Comments, 0 Replies
That’s SOCOM

+ Bizdady on October 19th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Socom 1 player here. I used to play online before ps2 even had a network adapter. Ive always supported all the Socom series games but I think I will end my loyalship here. 1 yr after release and we get this pulled over our heads? Good Riddance guess Ill hope Mag comes through for me.

+ Bizdady on October 19th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

btw… I really miss Zipper right about now :(

+ Musclecarfreak on October 20th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

well rumor is, is that slant 6 has lost their rights to make anything for the confrontation title…
so this will be their one and only release for this game, hence the reason they put a price tag on it, so they can make their money while they can before they get kicked the F out…
as for this DLC i will probably end up buyin it cause $15 aint shiot anymore these days, that and i, like everyone else, has been looking forward to new maps, guns, etc. for a long time and i will not let this stop me from downloading something i have been waiting for, for so long…

and another rumor is that Zipper has rights to the socom title again for ps3, they will def. be coming out with another socom, but prob. not for about 2 years or so…
so we are stuck with this socom until they come out with the new one, and i will guarentee 90% of all players still playin then will have this DLC, so quit b*tch*n

+ Hitman-Merc on October 20th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

This blog sucks you get this error>>>>>
Your comment is too long. Please shorten to 1,250 characters.
please go to the socom.com blog for real info
about socom

+ Leatherface36 on October 20th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

after all the freeze ups and the rooms not co-operating, 14.99 for the pack get real! But you will sell more if ya did it for 10$ I love the game and I’m hooked but be fare for crying out loud!