No Man's Sky

First Look at the God of War Collection Trailer!

John Hight's Avatar + Posted by John Hight on Oct 16, 2009 // Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

You know it’s coming and now you can have a sneak peek at the God of War Collection. Available this November – just in time for the holidays — fans and newcomers to the franchise will be able to experience the epic journey that is God of War and God of War II on the PlayStation 3 for the first time remastered in full HD resolution on a single Blu-ray Disc. Both critically acclaimed games (originally developed for the PS2) will include 2X anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for an ultra smooth gameplay experience on the PS3. PlayStation Network trophy support will also be included – a first for the series. Take a look…

And don’t forget, the God of War Collection will also include a PSN voucher code for the God of War III E3 2009 Demo. So don’t miss your chance to check out God of War III before it hits store shelves in March 2010.

+ Cpt_Ramz on October 16th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Even though I have both these copies for PS2 and a backwards compadable 60gb PS3, this is a MUST BUY. I cant wait.

+ TRIX_BOL on October 16th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

As #2 Bloodycow said, neither I can’t see
the difference between both versions.

My two *only* reasons to buy this, is just to play God of War III Demo early and the mixed of trophies.

+ GGCAN on October 16th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Thanks John.

I’ll be picking this up as soon as it’s out.

+ benjiedude on October 16th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

I would like to see a comparison because that didn’t look better than the regular versions to me.

+ KSPRAYDAD on October 16th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

@36…and I paid a premium for the priveledge.

+ shelmoon on October 16th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

cannot wait, i thought it came out at the end of the year tho

+ AceBeeDee on October 16th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

yeah whats the deal on the trophies? one or two platinums? this would be nice to know…

+ Xoonaka on October 16th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

Can someone out there confirm or deny these shipping with GoW3’s Collector’s Edition? I thought that was the original plan, and I’d like to know if that’s changed.

+ Fluidshine on October 16th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

This looks amazing!!!!

+ Chrysus on October 16th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Loving the Linger in Shadows look & feel of the new Sony Santa Monica branding screen <3<3

+ OI-BOY-66 on October 16th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

sweet,,,, cant wait… will get this…

+ blackbeard_ on October 16th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

I want to play GOW3 but never played the first two. I really want to play the first two before playing 3 so this perfect for me.

Already pre-ordered!

+ big-gunns on October 16th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Perfect! I have never played a God of War game before (I’ve played a demo though). I would surely be buying this, after I get my PS3 fixed. Can’t wait to see what God of War 3 is going to be like.

+ angelspawn77 on October 16th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Nice i just asked jeff about this last week and now here it is! I have been waiting for footage of this, looks pretty great. Although it doesnt seem like such a huge leap(mainly because the originals already looked amazing for last gen) the thing im noticing most is everything looks smoother and the colors are alot nicer and more vibrant. Is this still being worked on? meaning will it look better by release? I definitely cant wait and will buy them FOR SURE because i want to re-experience them for the 10th time and get the GoW3 DEMO!!

+ almighty-slayer on October 16th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Mind – Blown

I see Hades spinning blades though :'(

DAMN YOU JAFFE FOR THOSE DAMN SPINNING BLADES.

Collection looks awesome though; will definitely be importing this, as SCEE are too incompetent to get this out in Europe

+ kosluftar on October 16th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

when will you announce a specific day for release?

+ Sigmakan on October 16th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

. . . can this be real?

+ Sigmakan on October 16th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

and now I can finally try to finish my no-hit challenge for both games.

+ Curtisio on October 16th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

I’ve never bought these games – I’m stoaked!

+ Anddo on October 16th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Looks great, already have it on pre-order.. ICO and Sotc next please.

+ Darth-Krayt on October 16th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Me and my buddy are splitting the game to share the GoW3 demo.

Also Sony. the only other games you should do this for is Ico and SotC if you plan on it again. No other games are deserving of this kind of remake,

+ aztec23 on October 16th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

I really want to get this!

+ tenuous on October 16th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

This is great I never played these games and was going to get GOW3 anyways so this works out perfectly. You need to get ICO and SOTC collection out before the last guardian, everyone wants it.

+ freeluv on October 16th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

these games blew me away on the ps2. especially the second one.

+ Enforcer_X on October 16th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

EPIC!
I can’t wait!
A Single BD!

This is the best EVER!

Already preordered!

+ jazzyrider on October 16th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Man this year is awesome for Sony! Can’t wait for this and the 3rd release next year in March. So many games to play, so little time! :)

+ Kluv on October 16th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

whoooo baby! my two favroite games of all time gettin even better?!?!?!?! alright!!!

+ KidCommando on October 16th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Still own the original games and have beaten both multiple times, but I am looking forward to the journey to hell and back one more time.

What a great idea this was!

Please consider the same treatment for ICO and Shadow of the Colossus! Many people never played these masterpieces and they should not be missed by any gamer.

+ spatsnaz on October 16th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Amazing. Bring it on!

+ IceCold on October 16th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

makes me want to play them again. I already own both so its not big deal. The trophies would be nice.

+ TehLawgiver on October 16th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Cool, the graphics don’t look that much better but that doesn’t really mean nothing since it’s just a stupid internet video.

+ gekko1986 on October 16th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Looking good, now we need ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

+ hipp-x on October 16th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

I hope all this excitement means we see a remastered collection including ICO/Shadow of the Colossus being released too!

+ MrBeatdown on October 16th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

Just as soon as I see what the trophies are, I’m going to pre-order this. Double platinum = sold!

Sony, you guys should pester Rockstar until they make a GTA collection. Maybe a Max Payne collection too. Or maybe get Konami to make a Metal Gear collection. Or maybe…

*Head explodes*

+ Cicoreis on October 16th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

totally getting this on release day..

+ AssassinHD on October 16th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

@ #2, #52, #54, and anyone I may have missed…

Click the HD button. It is grayed out by default.

+ Gringo234 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Getting this for sure.

Damn AC2, MW2 and this for November… That’s going to kill my time.

+ Wip3ou7pure on October 16th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Is the PS3 not powerful enough to run this game in True 1080p? So why is it in 720p?

+ wanethemane93 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I already own the two original titles on the ps2 but i might still pick this up when it comes out. But i really wanna see more GoW 3 footage. And news about the collector’s edition.

+ MaskedJackal on October 16th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

Definite buy. My PS2 died before God of War II came out, so I still need to play it!

+ typikal82 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

I dont understand how its a collection but it does not have Chains of Olympus on it.

+ Kchow23 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Yes! I have to pre-order ASAP!

+ Markiss614 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

In the Special Edition DVD that came with God of War II They talked about the Atlantis Level that was nearly finished but cut from the final game. The narrator of the section says “Maybe it’ll come back some day”. I was wondering if there were any plans to finish this level and add it into the storyline.

This video mentions it around 2:11.

+ DigitalHero on October 16th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Day 1 Purchase Sony! Thanks!

+ mister1337 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

I’m not looking, it does not contain information relative to Dissidia being on PSN

+ jrivera0108 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Even tho I will have both games in hand, THIS game is the priority for me over MW2

+ Jeff257 on October 16th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

That looked so good. Definitely better than how it looked originally and the game was no slouch in visuals for the PS2.

+ Karsghul on October 16th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

I hope the voucher code for the GoW3 demo is included inside the box because gamestop keeps using the pre-order bonus as offers for people to preorder other games. their done this a few times to me.

John Hight's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 16th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Correct, Karsghul. The GOW III Demo Voucher is included inside GOW Collection

+ jqtaxpayer on October 16th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

So apart from trophy support and antialiasing, how can we expect this to be any different? Because I have a backwards compatible PS3 and can find these games for substantially less than this collection will cost.

Show people the value they’re getting and they’ll buy… show us what you’re showing us and, well…

John Hight's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 16th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Apart from trophy support and anti-aliasing, GOW Collection is completely remastered in HD

Download the HD version at http://www.godofwar.com/Collections/ and compare

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 16th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Wow it’s *AWESOME* of Sony to take away BC and then sell us our games over again.

Very generous of you, Sony!

Thanks!

And how great is it that we’re getting pointless re-releases of old games instead of new ones for this gen!

Sony, you are the best!

/sarcasm

P.S.

Screw the Ico/SOTC collection.

If you didn’t buy the games the first time, you don’t deserve to play them.