PS4-Watch_Dogs

First Look at the God of War Collection Trailer!

John Hight's Avatar + Posted by John Hight on Oct 16, 2009 // Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

You know it’s coming and now you can have a sneak peek at the God of War Collection. Available this November – just in time for the holidays — fans and newcomers to the franchise will be able to experience the epic journey that is God of War and God of War II on the PlayStation 3 for the first time remastered in full HD resolution on a single Blu-ray Disc. Both critically acclaimed games (originally developed for the PS2) will include 2X anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for an ultra smooth gameplay experience on the PS3. PlayStation Network trophy support will also be included – a first for the series. Take a look…

And don’t forget, the God of War Collection will also include a PSN voucher code for the God of War III E3 2009 Demo. So don’t miss your chance to check out God of War III before it hits store shelves in March 2010.

+ DeadlyAnGeL91792 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

ok i love god of war as much as the next person but its been bugging me for a while now so this is a question to the people in charge of the Blog,there been ALOT of rumors about the ps3 getting Mass Effect 2 can you guys please,PLEASE email EA/Bioware and confirm this i just want some closure guy pleaseeee

+ BLEEDFREE99 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

Is there any way you guys can make those giant buttons on the screen smaller.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 16th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Titan mode, here I come again

+ hobb123 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

is coming out same time has call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out thats what gamestop guy told me so i two big games that im buying that week cool

+ Loki_d20 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Only thing missing was a scene that showed you earning a trophy with the trophy notification icon on the screen.

+ WestSiide on October 16th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

i would really like if they put them on the ps store as digital downloads. that would be awesome.

+ EmperorKorea on October 16th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

looks like a ps2 game.

+ kktoronto0711 on October 16th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

aww this is a trophy hunters greatest fantasy.

2 platinums for the price of one? this is gonna be fun. going to buy this for sure.

never played the previous God of wars, but friends have and loved it. this is a great chance to get to play both before GOW3

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on October 16th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

If I didn’t already have God of War 1 and 2, this would totally be bought on Day 1

+ ADR143 on October 16th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

man cant w8 for this!

+ maddymad on October 16th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Gosh… suck for being in France as I have to preorder the game from a Canadian website. Hope they make a fast delivery once the game is out.

Cant wait for this :(

+ kdiep on October 16th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Looking at the video I can definitively tell a difference, but it’s not a big one. Personally I didn’t expect much anyway so I’m fairly satisfied and will certainly buy this once it’s out (even though I already own it). From the trailers it seems there’s pretty much no jaggies and the graphics is really clean, which in turn kinda made it a bit cartoony looking imo (that doesn’t bother btw).

In any case I can’t wait to play this game for the third time. Just read the Odyssey book and my appreciation for Greek Mythology dramatically increased. Going through God Of War: Chains of Olympus right now, which still looks freakin amazing. Man I can’t wait to experience me some Greece again, can’t wait to look at the names and go “ohhh I know who this is”.

+ CheCorchete on October 16th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

God of War = Win
God of War 1 & 2 in the same disc= Epic Win!

+ nulenvoid on October 16th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

Please sort out the EU release though, it’s like being at the bottom of the food chain sometimes.

And we usually pay more for the privilege too (NZ).

+ TRIX_BOL on October 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Hey Ken, could you please clarify something?

Will God of War III Demo (included in collection) be ready to download on same day?

Also, is it going to be the same Demo that will be available for everyone on the store at a later date?

John Hight's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 16th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Hi Trix_Bol, yes the GOW III demo voucher redemption will be available for download the day of GOW Collection release

+ Demonhunter84 on October 16th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

Glad its coming out next month! Preorder from Amazon and cant’ wait till it arrives.

+ Darkiem on October 16th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

At #107 It is because it is a PS” game, not a ps3 game. It just got remastred in HD which is awesome, but still its a PS2 game. I never had the chance to play thisa 2 games, but always wanted, so this is a Instantly buy for me :)

+ Darkiem on October 16th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

At #107 It is because it is a PS2 game, not a PS3 game. It just got remastred in HD which is awesome, but still its a PS2 game. I never had the chance to play thisa 2 games, but always wanted, so this is a Instantly buy for me :)

+ pcNorth_mOnster on October 16th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

nYcFrEeWiLL82  |  October 16th, 2009 at 12:03 pm 1st!! just want to say im not gettin this because as a TRUE FAN i already OWN THEM.IM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR GOD OF WAR 3..THE COLLECTORS EDITION BETTER BE GOOD. IM HOPNG FOR A FIGURINE AND A COMIC BOOK :P2 the collection includes a god of war 3 demo as a true fan u should know that

+ Kchow23 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Will the GOW collection also include all the videos from the original versions in HD?

+ JVchequer on October 16th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

I JUST WANNA GOW collection x.x

+ TRIX_BOL on October 16th, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

Thanks for your reply Ken. Keep God of War III goodies coming. :-)

+ Ostriker911 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

not personally a fan of god of war(great game but i personally didnt like it much) but found interesting from sony to release that pack!

pssst… any plan for other pack from old ps2 games remix in hd? like kingdom hearts 1-2 or final fantasy X/X-2 =)

+ ivanramon on October 16th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

they dont mention anything about the trophies…

+ DropD on October 16th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

consider putting the Hi Def version of this trailer on the PSN, thanks.

John Hight's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 16th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

Definitely. We are working on having it up on the PS Store as soon as possible

+ Miles514 on October 16th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

WOOOHOOO!!! Trophy support!!! That, the framerate, and the god of war 3 demo makes this worth the money!

+ trojanfoe on October 16th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

How about Europe? Are we still getting it in January next year when the US gets it in November? If that’s true then what possible reason can there be?

+ xeno3d on October 16th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

This looks amazing!!

I never played GOW or GOW II. I never bothered to take a look. The first intro to the series was just recently Chains of Olympus on the PSP and let me tell you, I am hooked. I can’t wait for this!!!

+ c45j on October 16th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

I am extremely disappointed. Please, please fix the widescreen for the first god of war. looking at the video, it is obvious that

the orginal image has been cropped, meaning we see less than the ps2 version, and thus is not true widescreen.

+ poweredbyzen on October 16th, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

this is going to be awesome! i played god of war and never got to finish! i can finally pick it up again and get some trophies! god of war ii is still shrink wrapped! thanks a heap! :D

+ c45j on October 16th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

seriously.. either put the game back to its original 4:3 aspect ratio, or do the widescreen correctly.

+ RainbowByte on October 16th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

so awesome, Day 1 purchase! <3

+ SpyDudeFX on October 16th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

Can you post the trophy list? Surely the list is finalized by now.

+ Kchow23 on October 16th, 2009 at 9:27 pm said:

Will the videos from the Devs be included also in the collection? I haven’t watched the ones for GOW II

+ starBlinky01 on October 16th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

I have both for PS2 that I bought for my brother but borrowed them and have been playing them on my PS3. I already beat 1, but cant beat a certain part in 2.. after you jump around some falling pillars with your grapple hook there are some waves of enemies.. that part is too hard for me.. It asks if I want to play on easy.. but Id never ever go to easy!

+ Chaos200786 on October 16th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

John, I hope you can do me a huge Favor, a couple weeks back I met at jury duty in LA, a, I believe she said she was assistant producer for GoW3, her name was Jessica Griffith. I’d appreaciate it if you could tell her I said Hi. Btw, thanx for the update on this been waiting for an HD trailer since announcement day….well…maybe before….

+ Sylin on October 16th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

Already got it pre-ordered. Thanks, Sony! I’ve only played CoO on PSP, so this will be a treat for me.

Now, if only we could get Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remastered in HD for PS3, life would be nearly complete!

+ Vueguy on October 16th, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

God of War the movie would rock if its on the making.

+ jamesdevil on October 16th, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

One of the best series in gaming history. Already pre-ordered this awesome deal. Can not wait!

+ Foxyspeedy on October 16th, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

I have already preorder on amazon canada

+ jonesoda on October 16th, 2009 at 11:40 pm said:

Looks pretty good, I may get this if it has trophy support.

+ muzzar69 on October 17th, 2009 at 12:01 am said:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O wait, this is another exclusive to US thing.
thanks sony for giving me the finger,YET AGAIN!
they want your money, but when it comes to giving you the content there nowhere to be found.

+ RunnerKyle on October 17th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

I’m really looking forward to this! Please put this trailer on the PSN, I really want to see it in full HD!

+ Platinum_Parker on October 17th, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

I consider myself a true fan and I’m not going to complain about how I purchased the original games on the PS2 and how this is a waste of time. In my eyes it’s not; it’s the purest form of good fan service! Thank you Sony for listening to your fans!

+ c45j on October 17th, 2009 at 12:38 am said:

fix the widescreen.. increase the FOV …

video comparison of remaster and original.

+ Arthael_ on October 17th, 2009 at 2:07 am said:

Hi Ken Chan,

Do you know when we will have it in Europe please ? :(

And do you know when we will have some new footage of GoW III.

Thank you.

+ azad512 on October 17th, 2009 at 2:48 am said:

it’s a good name i saw it on a ps2 and it was the best game i saw

+ azad512 on October 17th, 2009 at 2:49 am said:

sorry i meant game

+ mixedkidbx on October 17th, 2009 at 4:44 am said:

Already have this on pre order. I played the first one just didnt play the second one. It will be nice to be able to play it, although after i play the first one again. :P

plus trophies…. how could you not want to play the games again.

i think all future games that are HD ports of ps2 games should have trophies. just a suggestion :P

+ SgtRufus on October 17th, 2009 at 4:59 am said:

Meh.

I’m sure there will plenty of people who buy this due to the absolutely useless trophies. Trophies are a great scam that the gaming companies use to sucker people into buying the same game over again. Glad I don’t bother with them.