Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 16

Oct 16

First Look at the God of War Collection Trailer!

John Hight's Avatar Posted by Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

You know it’s coming and now you can have a sneak peek at the God of War Collection. Available this November – just in time for the holidays — fans and newcomers to the franchise will be able to experience the epic journey that is God of War and God of War II on the PlayStation 3 for the first time remastered in full HD resolution on a single Blu-ray Disc. Both critically acclaimed games (originally developed for the PS2) will include 2X anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for an ultra smooth gameplay experience on the PS3. PlayStation Network trophy support will also be included – a first for the series. Take a look…

And don’t forget, the God of War Collection will also include a PSN voucher code for the God of War III E3 2009 Demo. So don’t miss your chance to check out God of War III before it hits store shelves in March 2010.

Add Your Own

DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:

October 16th, 3:22 pm

ok i love god of war as much as the next person but its been bugging me for a while now so this is a question to the people in charge of the Blog,there been ALOT of rumors about the ps3 getting Mass Effect 2 can you guys please,PLEASE email EA/Bioware and confirm this i just want some closure guy pleaseeee

BLEEDFREE99 said:

October 16th, 3:26 pm

Is there any way you guys can make those giant buttons on the screen smaller.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

October 16th, 3:43 pm

Titan mode, here I come again

hobb123 said:

October 16th, 3:44 pm

is coming out same time has call of duty modern warfare 2 comes out thats what gamestop guy told me so i two big games that im buying that week cool

Loki_d20 said:

October 16th, 3:48 pm

Only thing missing was a scene that showed you earning a trophy with the trophy notification icon on the screen.

WestSiide said:

October 16th, 3:53 pm

i would really like if they put them on the ps store as digital downloads. that would be awesome.

EmperorKorea said:

October 16th, 3:54 pm

looks like a ps2 game.

kktoronto0711 said:

October 16th, 3:55 pm

aww this is a trophy hunters greatest fantasy.

2 platinums for the price of one? this is gonna be fun. going to buy this for sure.

never played the previous God of wars, but friends have and loved it. this is a great chance to get to play both before GOW3

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

October 16th, 4:09 pm

If I didn’t already have God of War 1 and 2, this would totally be bought on Day 1

ADR143 said:

October 16th, 4:14 pm

man cant w8 for this!

maddymad said:

October 16th, 4:21 pm

Gosh… suck for being in France as I have to preorder the game from a Canadian website. Hope they make a fast delivery once the game is out.

Cant wait for this :(

kdiep said:

October 16th, 4:30 pm

Looking at the video I can definitively tell a difference, but it’s not a big one. Personally I didn’t expect much anyway so I’m fairly satisfied and will certainly buy this once it’s out (even though I already own it). From the trailers it seems there’s pretty much no jaggies and the graphics is really clean, which in turn kinda made it a bit cartoony looking imo (that doesn’t bother btw).

In any case I can’t wait to play this game for the third time. Just read the Odyssey book and my appreciation for Greek Mythology dramatically increased. Going through God Of War: Chains of Olympus right now, which still looks freakin amazing. Man I can’t wait to experience me some Greece again, can’t wait to look at the names and go “ohhh I know who this is”.

CheCorchete said:

October 16th, 4:35 pm

God of War = Win
God of War 1 & 2 in the same disc= Epic Win!

nulenvoid said:

October 16th, 4:58 pm

Please sort out the EU release though, it’s like being at the bottom of the food chain sometimes.

And we usually pay more for the privilege too (NZ).

TRIX_BOL said:

October 16th, 5:12 pm

Hey Ken, could you please clarify something?

Will God of War III Demo (included in collection) be ready to download on same day?

Also, is it going to be the same Demo that will be available for everyone on the store at a later date?

John Hight's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 16th, 5:58 pm

Hi Trix_Bol, yes the GOW III demo voucher redemption will be available for download the day of GOW Collection release

Demonhunter84 said:

October 16th, 5:21 pm

Glad its coming out next month! Preorder from Amazon and cant’ wait till it arrives.

Darkiem said:

October 16th, 5:27 pm

At #107 It is because it is a PS” game, not a ps3 game. It just got remastred in HD which is awesome, but still its a PS2 game. I never had the chance to play thisa 2 games, but always wanted, so this is a Instantly buy for me :)

Darkiem said:

October 16th, 5:28 pm

At #107 It is because it is a PS2 game, not a PS3 game. It just got remastred in HD which is awesome, but still its a PS2 game. I never had the chance to play thisa 2 games, but always wanted, so this is a Instantly buy for me :)

pcNorth_mOnster said:

October 16th, 5:35 pm

nYcFrEeWiLL82  |  October 16th, 2009 at 12:03 pm 1st!! just want to say im not gettin this because as a TRUE FAN i already OWN THEM.IM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR GOD OF WAR 3..THE COLLECTORS EDITION BETTER BE GOOD. IM HOPNG FOR A FIGURINE AND A COMIC BOOK :P2 the collection includes a god of war 3 demo as a true fan u should know that

Kchow23 said:

October 16th, 6:19 pm

Will the GOW collection also include all the videos from the original versions in HD?

JVchequer said:

October 16th, 6:22 pm

I JUST WANNA GOW collection x.x

TRIX_BOL said:

October 16th, 6:32 pm

Thanks for your reply Ken. Keep God of War III goodies coming. :-)

Ostriker911 said:

October 16th, 6:37 pm

not personally a fan of god of war(great game but i personally didnt like it much) but found interesting from sony to release that pack!

pssst… any plan for other pack from old ps2 games remix in hd? like kingdom hearts 1-2 or final fantasy X/X-2 =)

ivanramon said:

October 16th, 6:41 pm

they dont mention anything about the trophies…

DropD said:

October 16th, 6:49 pm

consider putting the Hi Def version of this trailer on the PSN, thanks.

John Hight's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 16th, 7:36 pm

Definitely. We are working on having it up on the PS Store as soon as possible

Miles514 said:

October 16th, 6:55 pm

WOOOHOOO!!! Trophy support!!! That, the framerate, and the god of war 3 demo makes this worth the money!

trojanfoe said:

October 16th, 7:16 pm

How about Europe? Are we still getting it in January next year when the US gets it in November? If that’s true then what possible reason can there be?

xeno3d said:

October 16th, 7:23 pm

This looks amazing!!

I never played GOW or GOW II. I never bothered to take a look. The first intro to the series was just recently Chains of Olympus on the PSP and let me tell you, I am hooked. I can’t wait for this!!!

c45j said:

October 16th, 7:33 pm

I am extremely disappointed. Please, please fix the widescreen for the first god of war. looking at the video, it is obvious that

the orginal image has been cropped, meaning we see less than the ps2 version, and thus is not true widescreen.

poweredbyzen said:

October 16th, 7:48 pm

this is going to be awesome! i played god of war and never got to finish! i can finally pick it up again and get some trophies! god of war ii is still shrink wrapped! thanks a heap! :D

c45j said:

October 16th, 7:50 pm

seriously.. either put the game back to its original 4:3 aspect ratio, or do the widescreen correctly.

RainbowByte said:

October 16th, 8:08 pm

so awesome, Day 1 purchase! <3

SpyDudeFX said:

October 16th, 8:41 pm

Can you post the trophy list? Surely the list is finalized by now.

Kchow23 said:

October 16th, 9:27 pm

Will the videos from the Devs be included also in the collection? I haven’t watched the ones for GOW II

starBlinky01 said:

October 16th, 9:59 pm

I have both for PS2 that I bought for my brother but borrowed them and have been playing them on my PS3. I already beat 1, but cant beat a certain part in 2.. after you jump around some falling pillars with your grapple hook there are some waves of enemies.. that part is too hard for me.. It asks if I want to play on easy.. but Id never ever go to easy!

Chaos200786 said:

October 16th, 10:12 pm

John, I hope you can do me a huge Favor, a couple weeks back I met at jury duty in LA, a, I believe she said she was assistant producer for GoW3, her name was Jessica Griffith. I’d appreaciate it if you could tell her I said Hi. Btw, thanx for the update on this been waiting for an HD trailer since announcement day….well…maybe before….

Sylin said:

October 16th, 10:22 pm

Already got it pre-ordered. Thanks, Sony! I’ve only played CoO on PSP, so this will be a treat for me.

Now, if only we could get Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remastered in HD for PS3, life would be nearly complete!

Vueguy said:

October 16th, 11:03 pm

God of War the movie would rock if its on the making.

jamesdevil said:

October 16th, 11:10 pm

One of the best series in gaming history. Already pre-ordered this awesome deal. Can not wait!

Foxyspeedy said:

October 16th, 11:26 pm

I have already preorder on amazon canada

jonesoda said:

October 16th, 11:40 pm

Looks pretty good, I may get this if it has trophy support.

muzzar69 said:

October 17th, 12:01 am

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O wait, this is another exclusive to US thing.
thanks sony for giving me the finger,YET AGAIN!
they want your money, but when it comes to giving you the content there nowhere to be found.

RunnerKyle said:

October 17th, 12:07 am

I’m really looking forward to this! Please put this trailer on the PSN, I really want to see it in full HD!

Platinum_Parker said:

October 17th, 12:28 am

I consider myself a true fan and I’m not going to complain about how I purchased the original games on the PS2 and how this is a waste of time. In my eyes it’s not; it’s the purest form of good fan service! Thank you Sony for listening to your fans!

c45j said:

October 17th, 12:38 am

fix the widescreen.. increase the FOV …

video comparison of remaster and original.

Arthael_ said:

October 17th, 2:07 am

Hi Ken Chan,

Do you know when we will have it in Europe please ? :(

And do you know when we will have some new footage of GoW III.

Thank you.

azad512 said:

October 17th, 2:48 am

it’s a good name i saw it on a ps2 and it was the best game i saw

azad512 said:

October 17th, 2:49 am

sorry i meant game

mixedkidbx said:

October 17th, 4:44 am

Already have this on pre order. I played the first one just didnt play the second one. It will be nice to be able to play it, although after i play the first one again. :P

plus trophies…. how could you not want to play the games again.

i think all future games that are HD ports of ps2 games should have trophies. just a suggestion :P

SgtRufus said:

October 17th, 4:59 am

Meh.

I’m sure there will plenty of people who buy this due to the absolutely useless trophies. Trophies are a great scam that the gaming companies use to sucker people into buying the same game over again. Glad I don’t bother with them.